The retardedness of PWI

Options
Bhavyy - Raging Tide
Bhavyy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,083 Arc User
edited June 2014 in General Discussion
So constantly creating items that dont stack to take up more space is apparently a hobby of PWI.

Why do the tienkangs from the chest quest reward not stack with event botique tienkangs?

Same colour (unlike socket stones) , exact same item description (works on bound items only, unable to trade, unable to discard, doesnt drop on death), same order.

dafuq kinda crack you on. yunoshare?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
youtube.com/bhavenmurji
pwcalc.com/65816fd7725681e1
Post edited by Bhavyy - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Saibai - Raging Tide
    Saibai - Raging Tide Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    >_< Omg Ikr
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Saibai 103/102/100 Celestial Sage Mystic (main)b:victory
    Saiichi 101/100 Celestial Sage Cleric
    Saijou 100 Demon Sin
  • Boartracker - Raging Tide
    Boartracker - Raging Tide Posts: 614 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    I would venture they are former IRS IT semi-professionals.

b:bye
  • Bhavyy - Raging Tide
    edited June 2014
    Options
    I would venture they are former IRS IT semi-professionals.

More like high school IT teachers. You know... the ones who are like "Where is the print button on word?!"

like... im no expert myself but I'm not the one who works for a computer based company. Does this mean they had to create a new item ID for these Tienkangs despite them being the exact same?

Not sure if the issue is consistent with Tisha's but if so - double fail +9000 points.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/bhavenmurji
  • Toraah - Archosaur
    Toraah - Archosaur Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    It's the same with the fairy boxes from uch not stacking with TT fairy boxes. It is rather annoying.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/user/xtorah - Assassin PK/TW/NW videos
  • Bhavyy - Raging Tide
    edited June 2014
    Options
    I wouldn't give 2 flying rat turds that they dont stack if I actually had space.

This is just another example of a complete lack of logic. Sometimes I think they only employ chimpanzee's.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/bhavenmurji
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Wait, what?

The event gold tisha/tienkings were changed back to the type that can be used on all gear... so of course they wouldn't stack with the ones for only bound gear. The one time they didn't work on unbound items was a mistake and we were even told not to purchase them during that time.

Pay more attention before calling them fail for this when there's PLENTY they do suck for. After all PWI doesn't make the items in case you've forgotten.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Bhavyy - Raging Tide
    edited June 2014
    Options
    OPKossy wrote: »
    Wait, what?

The event gold tisha/tienkings were changed back to the type that can be used on all gear... so of course they wouldn't stack with the ones for only bound gear.

They both only work on bound gear. Tried and tested.
    it says so in the description also.
    How about you read instead of trying to call people out?
    If you really think you're right then just do your job delete the thread.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/bhavenmurji
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    There's still tons of socket stones, teleport incenses and stones this applies to. Hell, why do low level shards stack but higher grades don't?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • opkossy
    edited June 2014
    Options
    I call BS on... everything in that post.

Go ingame right now, open the event boutique, click the refine section under the first tab. LE GASP, THEY'RE USABLE ON ALL ITEMS! How about you follow your own advice and read before acting like a passive-aggressive moron in a vain attempt to call out someone who's right?

BTW, just because I think you're acting like an idiotic brat right now doesn't mean that it's my "job" to delete threads I disagree with. Grow up and start acting your age (assuming, you're over the age of 12) instead of your shoe size.
    There's still tons of socket stones, teleport incenses and stones this applies to. Hell, why do low level shards stack but higher grades don't?
    For the stone/incense stuff and all... because China's weird.
    Exact same thing happens with the two different types of socket stones that are both tradable but take up different item slots because they're considered two different item IDs for.... some.... reason.

Teleport Stones in question would be these two versions.

And Teleport Incense would be These two versions.

I suppose it's not really a bug since they're have two completely different item IDs and the only reason we're able to tell they're different items is minor text differences (otherwise, we'd think they were the exact same item) but... they're functionally the same item with the same restrictions so I'm not even sure why they'd have different item IDs to begin with.

For low level shards compared to higher level ones... exact same reason really. Though I suppose that back when they first came around the devs never expected them to be anywhere NEAR as common as they re now, so in that sense they didn't need to be stackable. Obviously, that should have changed by now though and they've shown they can change item stack limits like with apoth so.... :|
  • Bhavyy - Raging Tide
    edited June 2014
    Options
    You're still failing to read. GG.
    Quite hilarious considering that other people have confirmed it.
    You're a joke. Learn to admit when you're wrong.
    (Ibetthatmadeyoumadbutifnotistilldontcare)
    Think im a brat? Have a look at your first post on this thread. Pretty immature response to what should be genuine ignorance on my part in your eyes. Do you treat everyone that way? Doyouevenknowmebrah?
    #whywouldimakethisissueup
    #ohwaitthisisnttwitter
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/bhavenmurji
  • opkossy
    edited June 2014
    Options
    So either you're an idiot, you haven't actually been in the game since the 23rd of last month, you're illiterate, or you're just trying to troll.
    Why do the tienkangs from the chest quest reward not stack with event botique tienkangs?

Same colour (unlike socket stones) , exact same item description (works on bound items only, unable to trade, unable to discard, doesnt drop on death), same order.
    Wait, what?

The event gold tisha/tienkings were changed back to the type that can be used on all gear... so of course they wouldn't stack with the ones for only bound gear. The one time they didn't work on unbound items was a mistake and we were even told not to purchase them during that time.

Pay more attention before calling them fail for this when there's PLENTY they do suck for. After all PWI doesn't make the items in case you've forgotten.

Like I said, get ingame right now and look at the event boutique for yourself. Unlike the chest reward ones that state "Only usable on bound equipments." right above the price... the ones in the event boutique can be used on ALL equipment. How about you take your own advice and both learn to read AND admit when you're wrong. Unlike you, I do both. Not my fault you're being too stupid/stubborn/inane/inept/whatever to see what's right in front of your face.

@your edit: My first response was being informative about your error had you been misinformed as well as saying to remember that while PWI does have its screwups, this isn't something they'd be responsible for anyways as they don't make the items. You then attacked me like an immature child without even bothering to fact check. Unlike you, I went ingame and checked the item descriptions before posting. I then went and PURCHASED the damn things and used them as well just in case what was being displayed was wrong on the off chance they had reverted back to the kind that only worked on bound equipment.

So yes, you're acting like a bratty and immature little child right now who just got told they're wrong about fairies not existing and now you're throwing a hissy fit because of it. Get over yourself.
  • jaimelie
    jaimelie Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    You're still failing to read. GG.
    Quite hilarious considering that other people have confirmed it.
    You're a joke. Learn to admit when you're wrong.
    (Ibetthatmadeyoumadbutifnotistilldontcare)
    #whywouldimakethisissueup
    #ohwaitthisisnttwitter

http://oi58.tinypic.com/1603ot0.jpg <--- picture for you, although I feel like it won't prove anything since you obviously can't read.

Just to emphasize, the Tienkang linked to the right is obtained from the chests (note the Only used on bound equipment). The Tienkang linked to the right is from the event boutique and does not have the restriction. I successfully can refine all my unbound equipment with the ones from the event boutique. Same purpose, different requirements, and thus don't stack.

OPKossy is right, you're the joke. I find it quite hilarious that you can't take your own advice. Hyprocrites nowadays.. b:bye
  • anaovt1
    anaovt1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Sweetiebot, please give OPKossy 5 points for having to put up with people like this.
    Camlyra-Raging Tides. Since the avatar is broken.

Cleric 103/103/102
    Seeker 102/102/101
    Wizard 101/101/101
    Psychic 102/99
  • foley3k
    foley3k Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    If they dont stack, then I think PWI messed up and gave 2 different items with different IDs the same description.
    NGTUy53.png

• SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    anaovt1 wrote: »
    Sweetiebot, please give OPKossy 5 points for having to put up with people like this.
    anaovt1 awards 5 points to OPKossy!
    OPKossy is now in 2nd place for June 2014 with 10 points (190 points overall).
    anaovt1 can still award another 25 points today.

Check this thread for the current high scores and to learn how to award points to others.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• LuckingFoco - Raging Tide
    LuckingFoco - Raging Tide Posts: 712 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Could be tienkang stones that might have been bought w event gold when we had the little fiasco when the gold charms were initially removed? Seems I remember the ones bought right after that maintenance were for bound gear only then they fixed it, but the ones bought during the bound gear problem if you still have them from that time period would still be for bound gear only.
    Malice Leader - Raging Tides

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • opkossy
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Could be tienkang stones that might have been bought w event gold when we had the little fiasco when the gold charms were initially removed? Seems I remember the ones bought right after that maintenance were for bound gear only then they fixed it, but the ones bought during the bound gear problem if you still have them from that time period would still be for bound gear only.

That would actually make more sense had it been the case and I'd have been more than willing to test that. Unfortunately, aside from buying a pair of each when the other mods and I were showing sparkie why that change was a bad thing, I don't have any more of them. On top of that, we were then told not to buy that kind during those... 3-ish days they were like that.

However, it'd be pretty trivial for him to have said as much instead of trying to claim the ones currently in the boutique are the same thing as those ones. Especially as my post explicitly points out they fixed the ones currently in the event boutique.

So, much as I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt, his attacks and insistence that the ones in there now are the same as they were during those three days kinda kills the odds of that being true. Considering that AFTER I pointed out that they're not and he can get ingame right now to see that, he still wants to claim that I'm wrong and not reading and so on and so forth, I'm pretty sure he's just being antagonistic at this point.
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited June 2014
    Options

Because unfortunately being wrong and stupidly and stubbornly standing by that isn't against forum rules.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Boartracker - Raging Tide
    Boartracker - Raging Tide Posts: 614 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    I like the "retardedness" of taking quest items and putting them in our regular backpack instead of the quest backpack. I'm sure it was to help us learn to keep our backpacks as empty as possible. (I'm referring to the stuff which a NPC automatically takes when you turn in the quest.)

b:shutup

• Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    So either you're an idiot, you haven't actually been in the game since the 23rd of last month, you're illiterate, or you're just trying to troll.

Like I said, get ingame right now and look at the event boutique for yourself. Unlike the chest reward ones that state "Only usable on bound equipments." right above the price... the ones in the event boutique can be used on ALL equipment. How about you take your own advice and both learn to read AND admit when you're wrong. Unlike you, I do both. Not my fault you're being too stupid/stubborn/inane/inept/whatever to see what's right in front of your face.

@your edit: My first response was being informative about your error had you been misinformed as well as saying to remember that while PWI does have its screwups, this isn't something they'd be responsible for anyways as they don't make the items. You then attacked me like an immature child without even bothering to fact check. Unlike you, I went ingame and checked the item descriptions before posting. I then went and PURCHASED the damn things and used them as well just in case what was being displayed was wrong on the off chance they had reverted back to the kind that only worked on bound equipment.

So yes, you're acting like a bratty and immature little child right now who just got told they're wrong about fairies not existing and now you're throwing a hissy fit because of it. Get over yourself.

Mods are allowed to bash people on forums now? I mean seriously, isn't your job to stop flames and not instigate?
  • opkossy
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Mods are allowed to bash people on forums now? I mean seriously, isn't your job to stop flames and not instigate?

I had a serious and thought-out response to this and halfway through it, I realized it was a waste of time as odds are you don't actually believe what you're posting and are just playing the overused "abusive mods that don't do their job" card.

If you honestly and sincerely believe that, send a PM and we can discuss it there instead of derailing this into a topic that would get it closed.
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    To the OP and all those who think kossy is wrong. Everyone is wrong. If you guys just listen a bit to duke blacke. After every server reset one minute time window to buy. Two minutes to refine. Every refine in those two minutes made with the refine aid bought in the first minute will be succesfful, until +9. You can easily +9 all your gear that way with 0 risk. Try it next time, it works. Have to wait for a server reset though, no patches.
  • Bhavyy - Raging Tide
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Not really any of those things.

I have these tienkangs that dont stack with the exact same item description, both only usable on bound items. Honestly I havent been around for about 5 months until a couple of weeks ago, and no, cba to read up on anything. Fortunately the voluntary work I'm involved with has nothing to do with a game and involves having a real life. After all this time on the game I think I can handle this minor hiccup so please don't stress yourself out trying to find ways to insult me I was merely stating that someone is probably on crack. Must have been passed around the mods it seems!

Either way the point of this thread was simply to underline the retardedness whether the issue is resolved or not. Whether it was initial or now. Pretty disgusting the way PWI staff now, even mods who are "MEANT" to be voluntary b:laugh, have no respect for the player base bulk, jump to random conclusions and essentially still don't do their job.

This game is far from perfect, even mods have QQ'ed on forum about something or the other before. This is merely just yet another example of where PWI dun goofed.
    Get off your high horse, because it honestly doesnt matter whether or not i've been here and have or not read anything but I'm willing to bet my level of English is better than most here fortunately and that one day im sure you didn't know something about something and someone came along who wasnt a complete *** hole about it like they took it as some sort of personal attack or like they knew anything about you and started making random assumptions... Not that this has anything to do with the topic of the thread and not that you would know any better Kossy, so it's okay i forgive you.

Pls mods stick on topic or ban yourself. ty.

Example:
    To the OP and all those who think kossy is wrong. Everyone is wrong. If you guys just listen a bit to duke blacke. After every server reset one minute time window to buy. Two minutes to refine. Every refine in those two minutes made with the refine aid bought in the first minute will be successful, until +9. You can easily +9 all your gear that way with 0 risk. Try it next time, it works. Have to wait for a server reset though, no patches.

This is not on topic.
    Because unfortunately being wrong and stupidly and stubbornly standing by that isn't against forum rules.

OP requesting closure of a thread has nothing to do with breaking rules. If anything OPKossy the one breaking them by not closing when they clearly feel so strongly about a computer game matter and I've asked it to be closed if this is the case.

Don't get me wrong. I have been on forums a while and have nothing against mods or kossy, usually their responses are reasonable and clearly well thought out and logical. Unfortunately they've either missed the point or are just on their period.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/bhavenmurji
  • opkossy
    edited June 2014
    Options
    I was gonna ignore the post but... lol
    OP requesting closure of a thread has nothing to do with breaking rules. If anything OPKossy the one breaking them by not closing when they clearly feel so strongly about a computer game matter and I've asked it to be closed if this is the case.
    I dunno what you're smoking but pass me some.
    As a hurt response to being given information is not the same as asking for a thread to be closed. Seriously think a bit first before putting your foot in your mouth, disregarding all the other **** in your post I can't be bothered to break apart individually because your little tirade isn't worth it.
  • Bhavyy - Raging Tide
    edited June 2014
    Options
    If you really think you're right then just do your job delete the thread.If you really think you're right then just do your job delete the thread.If you really think you're right then just do your job delete the thread.If you really think you're right then just do your job delete the thread.If you really think you're right then just do your job delete the thread.If you really think you're right then just do your job delete the thread.If you really think you're right then just do your job delete the thread.If you really think you're right then just do your job delete the thread.If you really think you're right then just do your job delete the thread.If you really think you're right then just do your job delete the thread.If you really think you're right then just do your job delete the thread.If you really think you're right then just do your job delete the thread.If you really think you're right then just do your job delete the thread.

do you think you're right?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/bhavenmurji
  • overcomem
    overcomem Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    I guess this guy is a imbecile. He said "the retardedness of PWI" but he still playing this game? Look at his gear of course real cash player and he still plays this game even this game sucks? oh man go back to your hole.b:shutup
  • SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    SakuLv - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Ppl shouldn't expect MoD to act like angels ;O
    Mod r humans too- they will get angry, they will argue with others about their opinions (but that doesn't mean mods r always right.)

I guess instead of commenting something more u could of just close this thread OPKossy.
    Since Sparkie said ,that these kinda thread r forbidden no? ;O
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    It annoys me very much that quest items don't always go into the quest section of the inventory; it's like they forgot that was even an option -_-

Also, that not everything stacks to the same stack max cap. Wild Ginseng pet food only stacks to 2000 for some reason o.O, why can't DQ stack to more than 100?

They should really increase the stack size of all things at least double what they are now, unless they want to give us another extension on our inventory bags >.> I would also apply for double the space on account stashes too. Surely after 5ish years we are due some increase to our storage capacity. Yeah, we'd probably all buy it if it was in the boutique too so, hey, get on that will yas? You want our money dontcha?

The thing with the socketstones is really weird, the only difference between the 2 is the colour of their text, they serve -exactly- the same purpose, unlike the refinement aids, which get away with not stacking together by being very sliiiightly different in their usability text, which is still really annoying.
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Not really any of those things.

I have these tienkangs that dont stack with the exact same item description, both only usable on bound items. Honestly I havent been around for about 5 months until a couple of weeks ago, and no, cba to read up on anything.

I wonder if you just randomly throw food away out of your fridge too because you cba to check it, and just randomly decide it's bad even when people are actually eating it and telling you it's fine. I think Sherlock Holmes would be jealous of your deductive reasoning.
    Fortunately the voluntary work I'm involved with has nothing to do with a game and involves having a real life. After all this time on the game I think I can handle this minor hiccup so please don't stress yourself out trying to find ways to insult me I was merely stating that someone is probably on crack. Must have been passed around the mods it seems!

Yes, someone is on crack because they made a minor error and quickly fixed it. There is one thing people on crack are known for, and that's their swiftness to correct minor mistakes.
    Either way the point of this thread was simply to underline the retardedness whether the issue is resolved or not. Whether it was initial or now.

Then this thread is literally too stupid to insult.
    Pretty disgusting the way PWI staff now, even mods who are "MEANT" to be voluntary b:laugh, have no respect for the player base bulk, jump to random conclusions and essentially still don't do their job.

I wasn't aware I was doing a job at all. Man, I better call up the student loan guys and tell them that I got a cape one single time. That's a years worth of income, right? Hey, and if I ever have any children they can probably bathe in the tears from QQ! I better call my lawyer, PWI owes me a lot of back pay. Nowhere in the TOS does it state mods have to be nice. We can comment the same as you guys, most of choose to be a bit more respectful out of respect for the majority of the playerbase. It is not all a requirement though.
    This game is far from perfect, even mods have QQ'ed on forum about something or the other before. This is merely just yet another example of where PWI dun goofed.

They made a mistake and fixed it quickly. I'd say the refine aids removal from the boutique, their replacement with only bound ones, and the subsequent fixes to that issue are the way we'd like to see issues resolved.
    Get off your high horse, because it honestly doesn't matter whether or not i've been here and have or not read anything

It does when you're throwing around insults about things not working properly, when you haven't even checked to see if it does or not.
    but I'm willing to bet my level of English is better than most here fortunately

This has nothing to do with English language proficiency. You've claimed something was broken, when you hadn't even checked. You then insisted that it was broken when someone who has checked and used it pointed out to you it's actually working. And then devolved into an incoherent mess throwing out insults because you're argument is so dumb you can't even begin to construct a logical statement in support of it. That's poor reasoning skills.
    and that one day im sure you didn't know something about something and someone came along who wasnt a complete *** hole about it like they took it as some sort of personal attack or like they knew anything about you and started making random assumptions... Not that this has anything to do with the topic of the thread and not that you would know any better Kossy, so it's okay i forgive you.

Oh, I definitely have been wrong before. I'll be wrong again as well. I say "my bad, I thought wrong," and move it along. Kossy didn't start the flame war.
    Pls mods stick on topic or ban yourself. ty.

Example:

This is not on topic.

Who cares if we're on topic, you want it closed remember? And at any rate, "If you think you're right, close it!" isn't a request for closure. A request for closure goes something like this, "'Can a mod close this?' I know that's a difficult concept for ya.

I thought you said your English skills was better than mostly everyone else's? Then why the reading comprehension fail? I said what was going on wasn't against any rules. Do try and keep up. But fine, i shall take this statement as your formal request for closure.
    Don't get me wrong. I have been on forums a while and have nothing against mods or kossy, usually their responses are reasonable and clearly well thought out and logical.

Unfortunately they've either missed the point or are just on their period.

OH snap! He made a period joke about a female mod! That's like the height of wit right there! *takes off earrings and snaps fingers in some type of z formation and other various girl things here*
    so please don't stress yourself out trying to find ways to insult me I was merely stating that someone is probably on crack.

And don't worry about it! It was no trouble at all! Your inanity just entranced me. ;)

Closed at the request of the OP.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
This discussion has been closed.