• karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Don't worry!

PWE is keeping an eye on all this!!!!

Thanks Xarfox! Keep on the good work!

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=365942

b:chuckle
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited June 2014
    karmelia wrote: »
    Don't worry!

LOL Your post really fails when you reference a thread from 2009. b:chuckle

I really doubt they pay that much attention to it now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • maestro121
    maestro121 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014

On the contrary... that post was a "win" if only for the irony factor. b:laugh
  • Mattiks - Dreamweaver
    Mattiks - Dreamweaver Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    karmelia wrote: »
    Don't worry!

Hope raised signicantly.

And hopes dashed professionally. Stupid headache stole enough of my attention that I missed the post date.
    Thanks for pointing that out Sylen.
    First of... just wow Mattiks brilliantly well written statement. I think you pretty much hit the nail on the head with the post of yours.

Haha, why thank you Slivaf. For a while there were no responses to my post and I figured either people didn't know what to say or were gearing up to troll it. At least one person found some of the information to be insightful. I honestly expected much more negativity! xD
    Now if only sparkie would read it... b:laugh
  • Aasaf - Sanctuary
    Aasaf - Sanctuary Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Forums were active back in the day. 2~3 days and already got 15 pages filled up. Good suggestions in that thread, but we can see how things went.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Economy sucks balls.

It's actually not great for anyone when gold price rises. Look at how the price of endgame tomes and shards have risen, it almost scales linearly with the price of gold. Bigger gold price doesn't actually help anybody as far as endgame is concerned.

It might have made a difference in the beginning of the game with fixed in-game costs like class skills and ****, but that is peanuts now compared to items tied to gold in price. It also makes not-so-endgame items completely unattractive for non-CSers.

How to coin sink? Sell certain consumables everyone needs. (Jones/O'Malleys, silver charms, etc.) Sell the **** nobody buys from boutique anymore like old mounts, fash, and Aeros. Sell them as upgraded/upgradable too. Face it, nobody is going to spend gold on Aeros from the early years of the game - I don't care how much coin/gold I have. eg: 5 gold for an un-upgraded Yofial's, that's pretty dumb you know that?

All I gotta say is though, don't let gold reach max, cuz then we're all screwed.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Bhavyy - Raging Tide
    Bhavyy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    If NW could be done 24 hours round the clock and charms were put into the NW forges, most problems would be solved.

This game has become a boring grind fest. These do not make great MMO's anymore. The new best MMO's have some sort of self sustainable pvp that is a method of farming and not a method of burning up what you spent the whole week farming (TW/NW)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/bhavenmurji
    pwcalc.com/65816fd7725681e1
  • mntainr
    mntainr Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    My guess is, the ones benefiting from all this are going to feel the pain eventually from all this. The ones who still say idc are the few that got what they want from it or the ones who was quick enough to cash in on the temperary increase of coins by gold sellers, which won't last as they are starting to realise that coins are not worth buying anymore so they save instead.

It does seem likely things could get worst for all. Gainers such as pw might lose their ability to skew, controll gold price to their advantages like in the pass. Merchants who are blind to future trend are at the highest risk of making a loss. In generall I think people will be in a state of a retreat or less of a progressive mode meaning they will save instead of spending or say forget about getting that gear or fashion, I've got enough for now.
  • dejiavu
    dejiavu Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I started playing in 2011 and then quit for two years. In 2011 the packs had lots of goodies in them. One could buy a stack of 10 or 20 and get several things other than tokens of luck. This year I bought a stack of 100 and got nothing but tokens of luck. Because PWI has now removed the frequency of the packs having anything good in them it has driven the cost of everything in PWI. Look at the list of what one MAY find in the packs and then see if you can find it in a cat shop. Because PWI made these coveted items so rare the prices for everything sky rocketed. The economy is not player driven it is always driven by PWI. Take the Script of Tome (fate). If one wants the best Tome in game there is no way to work for it as it ultimately takes something only available in token packs. And PWI as set the frequency of receiving that to ? 1 in a gazillion!
  • AlysonRose - Heavens Tear
    AlysonRose - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Looking at the 10* orbs in shops for this "Sale" and I see they are at 125m now.

A little while ago they were at 78m, and the last time I actually was able to get one they were 35m b:cry

Forever +9.... b:surrender

Weapon anyways, my gear is mostly +5 because I don't have 24m to drop on +6 orbs.

Which is why I adore nuema, meridian, and cards. They let me kick as much or more *** as some people with way better gear for free b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    f:sneakyf:sneakyf:sneaky
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    RankNine - Momaganon Posts: 1,241 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    this is what will happen on all servers eventually:

http://i.imgur.com/C7LPfa4.jpg

SS taken just now from morai goldtrade.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    noob, can only run, spawnkiller, only white vodoo, only plays for kd,
    never kills anyone, only gear, no skill, no life, cash only, eats dogfood to cash more, lives at moms,
    only survives cause of cleric heals, if we had your gear you would lose. b:cryb:cryb:cry
  • maestro121
    maestro121 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014

Wow, dat link. b:shocked

Where have all your server's cash shoppers gone ?
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    RankNine - Momaganon Posts: 1,241 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    maestro121 wrote: »

they finished their gear half a year ago. there is no content that requires coins/cash anymore..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    noob, can only run, spawnkiller, only white vodoo, only plays for kd,
    never kills anyone, only gear, no skill, no life, cash only, eats dogfood to cash more, lives at moms,
    only survives cause of cleric heals, if we had your gear you would lose. b:cryb:cryb:cry
  • Hisiala - Morai
    Hisiala - Morai Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    It got so bad that some people in world chat are selling gold at 5mil each.

And this morning one dared selling them at 10 mil...

EDIT: Also, it's not the first time the AH is empty, but it's the first time I see people selling gold in wc for these crazy prices
  • IshidaUryuu - Raging Tide
    IshidaUryuu - Raging Tide Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Lol Coins sinks are good. I dont know but NW is actually a coins sink.... Apoc Pots, Hp/Mp Food with tokens at 40k each, Hp Charms @ 10m Each. What PWI needs to do is stop making so many sales every week and limit the sales so gold price can drop, if people actually know its certain players 'Greed' that gets the gold prices higher because of all the merchants in the game. The gold price is mainly high because of the sales going on and all these SPEND 30 Gold and get free Charge points etc that has some affect because then CSers wont sell gold to people that are willing to buy gold which makes it increase even more.

I remember when PWI had a Pack sale maybe once every 3-4 weeks instead of every week a different pack sale lol. Sales are on every week a different sale this just means that gold price is gonna stay stable or just increase depending on the sale. If PWI wants to make a sale every week then they should just make it at a high price and not make some items discounted at 50% off etc. Gold will drop as soon as theres nothing good in the boutique to buy for players its simple as that and the way PWI is that will never happen
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited June 2014

Honestly, I`d rather see this than current situation, either way game is screwed, I don`t even bother gathering coins, it`s impossible to purchase something now, and I gave up on botting. b:surrender
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited June 2014

Same thing happened on the MY servers though the gold cap was much lower for them (1m instead of 4m).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    It's sad that we've come to this point, yet PWE wont care :/

Really, what's left now? Farming r9? Yea, **** that with those gold prices and the sales that never stop. Fashion? Comes in packs and dyes are pretty much non-existant besides the cs. Even event gold is now limited to gold only transactions.

GG PWI.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Economy sucks balls.

It's actually not great for anyone when gold price rises. Look at how the price of endgame tomes and shards have risen, it almost scales linearly with the price of gold. Bigger gold price doesn't actually help anybody as far as endgame is concerned.

It might have made a difference in the beginning of the game with fixed in-game costs like class skills and ****, but that is peanuts now compared to items tied to gold in price. It also makes not-so-endgame items completely unattractive for non-CSers.

How to coin sink? Sell certain consumables everyone needs. (Jones/O'Malleys, silver charms, etc.) Sell the **** nobody buys from boutique anymore like old mounts, fash, and Aeros. Sell them as upgraded/upgradable too. Face it, nobody is going to spend gold on Aeros from the early years of the game - I don't care how much coin/gold I have. eg: 5 gold for an un-upgraded Yofial's, that's pretty dumb you know that?

All I gotta say is though, don't let gold reach max, cuz then we're all screwed.

Despite what everyone thinks a coin sink would not really help anyone in the game. For a coin sink to work it must be:

1. substantial enough to affect the economy

2. essential enough that EVERYONE must use it

While implementing a coin sink with the above features would certainly lower gold price, it wouldn't accomplish anything in actual effect. The only difference is that you'd spend a portion of your coin on the mandatory coin sink, then the rest of your coin to buy gold. (I'll admit that while its the same effect, it does "look" better. So that could be a reason to do it)

An extreme example of this would be, say, taking 10,000 coins from your inventory everytime you take damage from anything. This would be both a substantial and mandatory gold sink, and would lower gold prices, but it wouldn't actually help anyone. If they raised teleporter prices to 5 million per teleport, this might also work, but would only **** off the poor. (it would make it easier for those who avoid the teleporter to buy gold, but all this does it put restrictions on player's ease of life).

The only ways to fix the economy is to make it more attractive for people to buy and sell PWI ZEN currency, so that gold becomes less scarce in the game. So something like Zen charge rewards or sales would help the economy. Or make farming valuable items in pve viable again like the TT days, so people have a reason to charge ZEN.

The core of the problem is that R9 and Ocean orbs can ONLY be bought with real money, but no one is putting any real money into the game. Manipulating how people earn and spend coin won't solve that at all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    There's two sides to the problem... as there is in any market economy.
    There's an excessive supply/low demand for coins (easily gotten by autocultivating, and not a lot of things worth spending them on which takes them out of the economy)
    There's a low supply/excessive demand for gold (fewer cash shoppers selling gold, more free players with lots of coins wanting to buy the gold/items only obtainable from boutique)

You don't want to force players to spend coin on things they don't want (higher teleport fees, login fees) as this will only drive more people away. You want to provide things they can spend their extra coins on that are both useful, and attractively priced... and don't involve the gold market. Prehaps some things that aren't available from the boutique, so cash shoppers will want to sell gold to get the coins to obtain them.

I have long advocated for Perfect Tokens of Luck being offered by an NPC. There's a consistent demand for them, it would stabilize a large segment of the economy (all items tradeable for tokens at the Boutique Agent, including various pages, teleacoustics, guardian scrolls, crab meat and herb yuanxiao) and would harm only a handful of merchants, who would absorb the loss, and either adapt to the new token market or move to a different market segment, and the gamblers who open token packs in hopes of hitting the jackpot (but they aren't depending on selling tokens at a profit, and will continue to open packs regardless.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    There's two sides to the problem... as there is in any market economy.
    There's an excessive supply/low demand for coins (easily gotten by autocultivating, and not a lot of things worth spending them on which takes them out of the economy)
    There's a low supply/excessive demand for gold (fewer cash shoppers selling gold, more free players with lots of coins wanting to buy the gold/items only obtainable from boutique)

You don't want to force players to spend coin on things they don't want (higher teleport fees, login fees) as this will only drive more people away. You want to provide things they can spend their extra coins on that are both useful, and attractively priced... and don't involve the gold market. Prehaps some things that aren't available from the boutique, so cash shoppers will want to sell gold to get the coins to obtain them.

I have long advocated for Perfect Tokens of Luck being offered by an NPC. There's a consistent demand for them, it would stabilize a large segment of the economy (all items tradeable for tokens at the Boutique Agent, including various pages, teleacoustics, guardian scrolls, crab meat and herb yuanxiao) and would harm only a handful of merchants, who would absorb the loss, and either adapt to the new token market or move to a different market segment, and the gamblers who open token packs in hopes of hitting the jackpot (but they aren't depending on selling tokens at a profit, and will continue to open packs regardless.)

But that's where you and the rest of us differ from how PWI thinks. What do players want in PWI? Power and fashion, of course. What players want are the things they would also be willing to spend money for. If PWI offers high quality fashion you can obtain from PVE, there would be less reason for them to spend real money on cash shop fashion.

PWI tends to lean towards the greedy side, so I can guarantee you if they decide to implement an effective coin-sink, it will be annoying as f*k and **** off most of the player population.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • mntainr
    mntainr Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I don't think people should be focus on coin sink because coin sink in general is not simply a fix and if its to work, its going to be extremely difficult to invent and implement successfully without problem. This is likely to be difficult and costly for pw to implement. If they make tokens of luck available via npc, this will have a significant affect on packs. If they decide to keep it simple, it can be in a form similar to taxation which just make thing worst rather than better because non botters are double hit with inflation and higher tax as well.

Another reason is that you could say a coin sink already exist in the form of higher gold price or the devalue of coins, and the higher prices of other things ingame. These have remove much of the value of surplus coins through its exchanage, which the surplus of these coins is the main source of the problem. The thing is, higher gold price is like a symtom and not the problem as its acting like a prevention of a more serious problem from happening, namely non existing gold in ah for sale for most, non existing fashion available in ah/catshop.

The first step after identifying the problem should be to focus on the source of the problem with first, an easy approach then expand if disirable or necessary. Given that things such as 2m/5m cards reward from bh exist perfectly well, my guess is, you don't need to remove auto culti but just limit it or keep it under control. Simple methods of limits and control can possibly reduce 5 account to 1 account from botting, it can give new players access to coins if thats desirable, it can reward a person that just bought a r9 temperarily for fun, it can motivate when people are bored or feel like giving up hope etc.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    ^

Of course we know what the real problem is. The game sucks and needs to get better, but why hold your breath on that one?

Coin sink is part of the solution, just like botting is part of the problem (the other part is the fact that the game is unattractive for spending money on)
    maestro121 wrote: »

What you also see is people refusing to sell gold for coin when its perceived market value has hit above the 4m ceiling. This is why I say don't let gold reach max. Apparently that has happened already on some servers.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Kittysama - Raging Tide_1432680721
    edited June 2014
    What you also see is people refusing to sell gold for coin when its perceived market value has hit above the 4m ceiling. This is why I say don't let gold reach max. Apparently that has happened already on some servers.

About to happen on RT.b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Final ragequit on 21/02/2014 'cause ARC. Back on 15/04/2014, RL was bored.
    Ten Paths of Kittyness(old mains when deleted): Kittysama 100(100) Sage HA-Venomancer |Aivina 100(101) Sage (ex-Zerk) Str. Seeker | Kittytart 90(101) Demon All path Zerk BM | KittyFishie 92(101) Demon APS/DPH Zerk Assassin | Haroin 100(100) Demon Vit. Zerk Barbarian | Elfborn 82(100) Demon Cleric | Pessimiste 85(100) Sage Wizard | PalavaEnkeli 87(100) Demon Fist/APS-Archer | VerenVanki 85(100) Demon Mystic | MerenPeto 85(100) Sage Psychic
    Current mains: Old psy and 19 new/recreated mains(avg. level 82)
  • I_willscrewU - Sanctuary
    I_willscrewU - Sanctuary Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    .. sporadically checking and .. well there goes my last hopes on this game becoming what it once was....but oh I see it will forever (sadly) be just another tunnel vision business, Glad Im staying away from this or any other 'game' , tho it's a shame all the years and effort 'wasted' on my toon, but it would be even a greater shame if I didnt quit when I did. .guess it's never too late! b:bye , good luck tho, to yall.
  • Ahira - Lost City
    Ahira - Lost City Posts: 791 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Once inflation takes hold its difficult to stop. There are alot more coins in circulations because of botting but fewer people csing gold so price is inevitably going to drift up. Its also understandable that the people who cs are not prepared to sell their gold for 3mil 1 week and then 2 mil the next.

Its a difficult problem to deal with correctly and unfortunately it seems like pwi is making no effort at all on this.
    --Retired--

Factions: Forbiden, Genesis, Conqueror, BloodLust, Zen, Spectral
    Active October 2008- August 2009; Semi-active- May 2010
  • morenawolf
    morenawolf Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014

I saw this many times on Morai... it don't surprise me, since in America one gold cost 1 dollar, and in Europe it cost 1 euro.

1 euro = 1,3618 dollars.

I don't know what you think about this, but it sound almost racist to me. Thanks a lot PW, you're just trying to earn more money from Europe without count the fact that the numer of europeans players are lower than american ones, so you have lower % of european cash shoppers. Try to fix this stupid bug, and the ecnonomy will be positively inflenced by this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Raujada - Venomancer
    Tempestosa - Stormbringer
    Archosaur & Morai server
  • Hisiala - Morai
    Hisiala - Morai Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Sometimes I wonder why I bother, then realize this game is pretty much the only game I like that I can actually play since new games are a no-no for my outdated computer.
  • tek1nig
    tek1nig Posts: 793 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    SUGGESTION:

Bots Generally kill all mobs in the area - In the game I came from they allowed you to bot just like PWI.

In this game they had a boutique item you could purchase that you could spawn near bots.
    The mob would spawn from the item non-agro and the bot would target it and attack it and the mob would 1 shot the bot and then disappear. The mob looked distinctively dangerous and unique as not to confuse normal players.

So if auto-cultivation is a sufficient threat to the server economies then this tactic would address it for both PvE and PvP servers.

BTW: I would like an S card Nuema Portal for LifePrime if this is implemented Thank you ^_^
    VWjvQZ8.jpg
    Assassin - SyntherosX - 105, 105, 105 Calc : https://mypers.pw/13/#654396
    Loyal Perfect World Player 9 Year Vet.
    Youtube&LiveStream @ OROCx24

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Proski - Archosaur
    Proski - Archosaur Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    do solutions exist: yes
    will they be implemented: no

(shocking) PW is a business, all they care about is maximizing growth and profitability. their overhead could have been supported from fashion alone from 2008-2010 when the game still had mass appeal, but they don't operate on what we want for the long haul, just on what we are still willing to pay for. bend but don't break.

all we are is one small area of the market to test for pump and dump. they'll improve the shelf life insofar as it maintains a healthy return. but make no mistake about it, don't fall for the novel idea that they care about PWI because it was their start up, they care about funding/facilitating the import of 15 other shiny new chinese titles to start the process all over again but on a much larger scale with greater profit margins so that now, instead of just CEO Jang Wang Fang retiring early, his kids can, and then the kids of his kids.