"who wants a page ?"

WannaBM - Archosaur
WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
edited June 2014 in General Discussion
Everytime again if i dont go with my faction i get them again those losers who make squads hoping to get away with only giving a page to the few people who are going to answer that question and then wait for their slowpokeness.

I dont give a **** about that 80k worth page. Noone does, you know it and you want to make use of that fact. It is obvious, everyone sees it, most dont bother to say something about it. But i do get pissed of by your greed.

If you dont want to be blacklisted, dont be greedy **** squadmaker and just drop all frickin pages as fast as you can before everyone leaves the instance.
Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
Post edited by WannaBM - Archosaur on

Comments

• Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Whenever I run FSP with others in a squad that I initiated (or a squad that I got lead anyway) I tell people to pick the pages if they want them. Multiple times sometimes.

Nobody picks them up.

At the end they ask about the pages...luckily I did go back to pick them up.

Another thing I hate is that, after I asked people at the end about pages I get no answers (which kind of page(s) each person wants). Sometimes I just drop the pages and they don't even pick them. I even tell them to. Others just storm outside the instance or even leave squad. Then 5/10 minutes later they remember they were supposed to get some pages. Yes, let's ignore the fact that I was trying to distribute the pages to everyone and asked repeatedly.

At some point I got tired of that. Why should I bother making sure people get their share of pages if they don't even show any willingness of actually getting them? I stopped asking eventually and if someone asks/whispers me about it I just give them some of the pages.

You aren't wrong. There are some people who are greedy but there are also some people who got tired with people's behaviour.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    edited June 2014
    You shouldnt bother to make sure that everyone gets their share. You should only bother to make sure you arent a greedy ****.

When FSP was new, i too asked people if they wanted OBP or POF. Then i noticed they dont wait for it. So what do you do ? take all the pages, sell them in 1k and make 1m extra profit ? or just drop them all on the floor ?

I do the last, people will pick them up, most likely just half the squad who then each get 2 or 3 pages or so. Thats fine.

Holding 15 pages, asking who wants what and giving 1 page each to the 3 people who answer while keeping the other 12 for yourself is not fine.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I don't disagree, but in my case (as far as I've seen) the banker doesn't just drop one for each. At least I don't, sometimes I even give them all the pages because I don't care.

I just like to think some people are genuinely frustrated with others "not caring" than just trying to be greedy so I described the other side of the coin b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    edited June 2014
    I don't disagree, but in my case (as far as I've seen) the banker doesn't just drop one for each. At least I don't, sometimes I even give them all the pages because I don't care.

I just like to think some people are genuinely frustrated with others "not caring" than just trying to be greedy so I described the other side of the coin b:chuckle

I know that happens too, but i think i can notice the difference. And even if that would be the motive, then just dont bank them and tell someone else to do so or something. Taking them for yourself is just no good. But probably, as usual, the morals that i believe in are not what gamers believe in. Maybe its because they are mostly kids or something :(
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    What I would say is a simple solution to the pick n share problem is just plain n simple have the party lead pick all the pages, sell all the pages, and drop the coins. If people stay in squad that long, they cared to get coins (with which they can buy pages if they care to do so), if not, they didn't care one way or the other.

I'm pretty paranoid when I'm party lead and -want- to make sure that everyone gets a chance to have a fair share of the drops or profit from whatever. I can understand people getting upset if people aren't given the option to get a page or some coins from it if they want some, and to assume that no one cares all the time isn't a good idea. Asking is always a good idea, if you get no response, then at least you know.

Though, 90% of the time I go with friends/faction who are also pretty paranoid to make sure everyone gets fairly enriched so I never have a problem with them, but in the 10% of the time I join a 'random' squad, I go into it assuming that my reward will be purely the FSP coins from the quest turn in as there's no guarantee that random people will be as conscientious as I'm used to.
  • Dblazen - Dreamweaver
    Dblazen - Dreamweaver Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I Generally always form and lead an FSP squad and when it comes to pages I always pick them.

Splitting pretty much goes like this:
    Pages in total >= 10 then everyone gets a page, i tend to either split obp/pof person by person, going from pof to obp to pof to obp, etc, etc
    If I have 9 of 1 type and 1 of the other, i give the squad split of the 9 pages, keep the odd one out

if there's a bunch of them then it's a split where everyone gets a page, then kick from squad, random, rest is random.

If pages is < 10 then everything goes on random unless people drop/leave instance while i do so.

A lot of people ignore their split nowadays, leaving instead or ignoring the drop, leave squad and just timeout of instance.

But what it comes down to, just split the pages, if people don't want it, they'll leave it be, more to random afterwards.
  • MyMate - Dreamweaver
    MyMate - Dreamweaver Posts: 558 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I know that happens too, but i think i can notice the difference. And even if that would be the motive, then just dont bank them and tell someone else to do so or something. Taking them for yourself is just no good. But probably, as usual, the morals that i believe in are not what gamers believe in. Maybe its because they are mostly kids or something :(

Just because you believe in something doesn't automaticly make it right. And while some morals are shared by a large group of people, sometimes most of humanity, they are always personal. That means that everyone is right and wrong at the same time. Isn't it wonderfull? :)

And what about what I think? If people don't want to wait a few extra moments for their page then they are not interested in them and if so there is really no issue here.
    "In the beginning, it was claimed that all in Perfect World were equal. But now it seems that some are more equal than others..." ~ Lost City Recluse
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I just give to whoever asks and keep the rest. People stopped caring about pages mostly. idgaf. Helps pay my tele costs for making squad.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear
    SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    WHY the F is there page distribution in freakin FSP!?????When it used to be random..OHHH but wait now books drop OHHH yeHHHH,i think your all greedy since books drop people have made the runs "items will be given out at the end of a run" lol your all stupid you know that right?b:laugh
  • MyMate - Dreamweaver
    MyMate - Dreamweaver Posts: 558 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    WHY the F is there page distribution in freakin FSP!?????When it used to be random..OHHH but wait now books drop OHHH yeHHHH,i think your all greedy since books drop people have made the runs "items will be given out at the end of a run" lol your all stupid you know that right?b:laugh

You know no-one cares about your troll posts, right?
    "In the beginning, it was claimed that all in Perfect World were equal. But now it seems that some are more equal than others..." ~ Lost City Recluse
  • Loshon - Archosaur
    Loshon - Archosaur Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I seldom do fsp, primarily because my opinion of my skills is not very high. However, the times I do run, the leader asks. Personally, I don't care either way. I don't feel like I've earned any thing. Same goes with warsong and lunar.

I do, at the least, reply to the leader and let them know I don't care either way, it's up to them. They have leadership of the squad, they made the squad, they and others, did most of the work. I have no right whatsoever to ask for pages I may or may not need.

Not everyone is a damn kid that plays this game. Not everyone is a greedy jerk. Not everyone feels confident enough to ask for a page. Not everyone cares about their character.

While it's true many don't show the "common" courtesy to let the leader know that any pages to be distributed isn't necessary, for those that do let the squad leader know, (like me) it is appreciated, but it wasn't earned. at least, not in my opinion.

Just trying to give things from point of view.
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    edited June 2014
    I seldom do fsp, primarily because my opinion of my skills is not very high. However, the times I do run, the leader asks. Personally, I don't care either way. I don't feel like I've earned any thing. Same goes with warsong and lunar.

I do, at the least, reply to the leader and let them know I don't care either way, it's up to them. They have leadership of the squad, they made the squad, they and others, did most of the work. I have no right whatsoever to ask for pages I may or may not need.

Not everyone is a damn kid that plays this game. Not everyone is a greedy jerk. Not everyone feels confident enough to ask for a page. Not everyone cares about their character.

While it's true many don't show the "common" courtesy to let the leader know that any pages to be distributed isn't necessary, for those that do let the squad leader know, (like me) it is appreciated, but it wasn't earned. at least, not in my opinion.

Just trying to give things from point of view.

And that, is exactly the reason why the leader should not wait for people to ask or even ask them and wait for their answer.

Even though you may not feel like it, you have the same rights like everyone else.

Indeed same in WS, i spend teles on making squad, i spend IGs on tankig it. Doesnt matter one bit, all have the same rights. I am not going to ask who wants a lvl 9 or emblems. I drop them. And those that dont get picked up by the rightfull owner will get picked up later by whoever.
  • Cotillion - Dreamweaver
    Cotillion - Dreamweaver Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I don't know why people are banking FSP to begin with.
    Pages are generally randomized and every run I've been on randomizes any book drop at the end. Why not just set the party to random and everyone gets what they get in the room it drops in?
    Banking just prolongs the randomizing to after the run is done.
  • peckked
    peckked Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Most of the time when I am with a familiar group of friends/guildies, we all run from the pages like they're cursed, we fight about who has to take them lol.

When I bank for a random squad:

0-9 pages: Drop all pages 1 by 1 and leave. I don't bother keeping any.
    10-17 pages: Drop 10 pages 1 by 1, the first few people who specify what they want (figure they really need them) I give each an extra one and keep the rest if there are any more.
    18-19 pages: Drop 9 stacks of 2. Keep the extra 1 if there is one.
    20+ pages: Drop 9 stacks of 2. Typically, everyone is happy with 2 and I keep any extra.

So some runs I'll leave without any pages, others I'll walk away with ~5. On average I get ~0.8 pages per run.

This is where my job as "bank" ends.

I'm not an npc, and my time is often limited, but within reason I'm at least open to hearing special requests if they ask before I've started dropping. After that, it's on the honor system and I leave it to each individual to pick up their own pages. If someone leaves, they can come back and get it assuming it's still there - I'm not a delivery boy. If someone goes afk or isn't paying attention and someone else grabs what should have been their's and they're concerned, they can go chase them down - I'm not a babysitter.

As far as random goes, most squads are set on free for Toad's axes since not everyone knows how/when to use them effectively. Some squads resquad to random after finishing with Toad, but that's usually after someone has already banked the pages. Players are more concerned with book drops.

I think the OP is getting a little over excited over the whole thing. Most players that have been running FS for months now really don't care anymore about the pages. If the OP is really so concerned they can form their own FS and bank themselves and apply their own perception of "fair." Then they can deal with the headaches of dealing with people like himself who want 13 pages divided evenly 7 ways after a 20min discussion on who wants what when everyone "needs" the same kind of page and half of them have already left the instance.

As far as right's go, we have none. You heard me - none. Except for those we can defend ourselves. This is a game... with people from different backgrounds and cultures, each with their own sense of morality and fairness. The most offensive aren't those with no morals, but those who expect everyone in existence to abide by theirs.
  • Cotillion - Dreamweaver
    Cotillion - Dreamweaver Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    peckked wrote: »
    As far as random goes, most squads are set on free for Toad's axes since not everyone knows how/when to use them effectively.
    Ahhh yes, I forgot the benefit of having free mode for this
  • trands
    trands Posts: 2
    edited June 2014
    Everytime again if i dont go with my faction i get them again those losers who make squads hoping to get away with only giving a page to the few people who are going to answer that question and then wait for their slowpokeness.

I dont give a **** about that 80k worth page. Noone does, you know it and you want to make use of that fact. It is obvious, everyone sees it, most dont bother to say something about it. But i do get pissed of by your greed.

I'm happy those exist. I'm not going to spend time myself making squad and spending teles to get ppl. If it was a decent squad with good class setup and everything, I have absolutely no issue with the leader keeping some extra pages. I find it more the opposite : the greedy ones are those who just want to hop on someone else his work and then claim to have equal rights on the pages.
  • Loshon - Archosaur
    Loshon - Archosaur Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    And that, is exactly the reason why the leader should not wait for people to ask or even ask them and wait for their answer.

Even though you may not feel like it, you have the same rights like everyone else.

Indeed same in WS, i spend teles on making squad, i spend IGs on tankig it. Doesnt matter one bit, all have the same rights. I am not going to ask who wants a lvl 9 or emblems. I drop them. And those that dont get picked up by the rightfull owner will get picked up later by whoever.

I agree it is the responsibility of the squad member to let the squad know what they need in the beginning of the run. communication is key.
    peckked wrote: »
    The most offensive aren't those with no morals, but those who expect everyone in existence to abide by theirs.

that is core problem with the world. I doubt it will ever change until we go extinct or the sun goes red giant, whichever comes first lol
  • balsajovovic007
    balsajovovic007 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    test,i hope i dont spam or did something wrong i just want to check something
  • WistaKitty - Archosaur
    WistaKitty - Archosaur Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I just give to whoever asks and keep the rest. People stopped caring about pages mostly. idgaf. Helps pay my tele costs for making squad.

I do this to with the pages, most of the time I make fsp squads and over time I go through alot of teles and they arent cheap >.> You put time and effort into making squads while most people just sit around and wait, so I feel like the squad lead deserves whats left after splitting.
  • Gnip - Raging Tide
    Gnip - Raging Tide Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    If you don't like it so much make your own squad. who cares really.
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Communication is the best key, however I always tend to ask does someone need something before banking it, this goes in both FS and FWS. People dont always state what they want, maybe they dont really think about it or pay attention, but the least u could do as a banker is to ask if someone needs or if the rest should be split equally.
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47