MY opinion of toons while watching culti

Options
m1234567890
m1234567890 Posts: 20 Arc User
edited June 2014 in General Discussion
i got bored, and decided to watch toons and how they performed while in culti mode. obviously other opinions are more than welcome, i'm just pointing out what i see. i will be using toons that can use the free charms, and will also be setting the culti time to 3 hours. i will also tell you how many farmable items i picked up in that time, since you may wanna know that (obviously that number will change depending on how many doing culti's in same area. this info should be able to give you an idea of how long you can run higher lvl toons. i also did not use area of effect attacks. 1 last thing i never made the culti area any bigger than i absolutely HAD to to keep culti running.

this is not a slam on culti system, I HAVE already submitted my tickets for its improval. this is me deciding to analyize which toons work best despite the obvious weaknesses of the culti program (legal macro). i will edit this as i test more toons.

i will rank them the way i decide to like them when i finish.

1st toon i tested was a lvl 29 venomancer

PROS:
-obviously it has a tank
-doesn't have to use alot of healing while in human form
-doesn't run around much, atks mobs or picks up drops pretty quickly
-half way through the 3 hours i had 56 oils
- they have a ranged atk, which lets u atk before the runners

CONS:
-macro stalled on me twice while veno was in fox form, if i hadn't stopped and restarted culti veno would have died ( didn't stall while in human form)
-skills stalled on manual atk while i had it set up with just manual atk and pet healling to see if its worth conserving mana (its not)
-defend doesn't work propperly while in culti, sometimes pet attacks a mob to hell and gone from you while your being atk'd by the mob you atk'd
-whether you have pet set up to defend/ auto pet won't always atk same mob as veno
-pet still has to be fed
-sometimes pet doesn't atk (on auto setting) right away, it finishes walking back from last atk.
-no matter how you set up pet you run through mana quick, not as fast as a seeker or cleric though so there's a +
-has never made it the entire 3 hours even with +2 minister gear with citrine and garnet shards in them. once the mana runs out, no more pet healin. no more pet, hp runs out faster. and best hit i got in manual atk mode was 126 or so.

i dont really like the veno as a culti farmer

Next toon is a lvl 49 archer
PROS:
-high dps
-if set up right, you can get more than 51% of damage done before reawakened "runner" who shows up after you started your culti (their saving you arrows) you get the drop
-good idea to repair bow, cause you have more than 50% hp left to use on charm so throw the poison arrow or serrated arrow in and manual atk and use that sucker up.
-in the end i was farming in an area i've never seen anyone farm except to finish quests, (less than 3% drop rate on both items received) at the end of 3 hours 12 leather AND 17 strong glue.
-not so much tendency to get stuck in terrain, when you can shoot through it.
- when skills get stuck in manual atk its ok, still dealing lots of damage.
- never had an archer culti stall to death
- moderate use of mana and hp charms

CONS:
-point blank atks are lower than at range, runners will steal those (usually about half to 3/4)
-lots of lost drops (other farmers cultis pick up
-lots of aimless running in circles atk'g nothing and picking up nothing
-(for me) larger culti areas were needed where the mob groups migrate. cleared an area, because mobs respawned outside my culti area, and ported back to town while set at 60m to start.

i like archers for culti farming

next a lvl 49 seeker (runner)
PROS:
-high dps
-better range or speed than other runners (barby, sin, bm).
-still maintains high dps when skill bar in culti sticks in manual atk.
-hi def so hp charm lasts a while
-when you run out of mana you can still culti till hp runs out.
-gathered 27 leather in a 3 hour period of time (again ended with mobs with less than 3% drop rate so i would be undisturbed farming)

CONS:
-culti skill bar hesitates in the middle of battles, making skills take longer to fire.
-runs through mana like a ***** ape
-once in a while the skill bar stalls, but not as often as veno or barby

i like seekers, but not as much as archers for culti farming

23june14

ok i can only run so many accounts at a time without getting into trouble even with three computers. my luck i'd get caught and get banned if i ran 6 accounts on 3 computers. so i'm going to start another 2 farming and maybe play my cleric gl guys. i'll edit this later to add cleric and barby watching.
Post edited by m1234567890 on

Comments

• SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear
    SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Sin and archer to me is the best since i dont want to use my casters when they can burn up a good charm,i would use my caster only if its x2 drops so it would be worth it,my psy 1-2 shots anything in heaven and hell so it would be easy farming.

Archer i just manual attack using no skills And the same with sin accept for casting bp after about so many seconds.

I hate cultivating on my wiz they just burn up mana real fast.And thats just using 1-3 skills on a monster.

Barb just auto attack same with bm
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Seeker autoculti can be made more mana efficient. While leveling one as a jolly alt I simply set the defensive buffs at a 10 minute interval (northern sky stance), and "repeat - staggering strike - standard attack - doube spark" as the attack combo. Seeker handles a bit like a barbarian in that case, but doesn't chew through mana charms at an insane rate and still does high damage. Double spark does some life recovery, but likely not enough to offset life loss from hits - health charm or pot stone is recommended. Added advantage: You'll be pointblank when the drop comes, so faster pickup.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Sin -> BP -> Win
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • trands
    trands Posts: 2
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Anything lvl49 would just be mediocre at the best ijs.

In general, the most efficient bots would be those who have a good autonomy, needing no auto-pot/charm and that can go on for a long time (hence why lvl49 is bad).

Those who meet that are probably :
    Barbs as they can just go auto-attack and have high enough hp regen if well geared (and tiger form doesn't require mp all the time). Same for seeker/bm at a bit later point I suppose.
    Sins for bp reason.
    Mystic (maybe veno too) as they got mana recovery skill. Clerics can as well with lvl11 skill, but that makes them really slow botters.

Most other classes will get more pot drops then they use, but demand auto-recovery stone.
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Sin and archer to me is the best since i dont want to use my casters when they can burn up a good charm

I don't understand. Even if it's obvisously related to the class and the culti (sage/demon) some casters can be really effective.

On my sage mystic i can bot whole day with no MP charm and no autopot. My HP charm never tilts and I have very few repairs to do (armors/weapon never got broken even after 20h+ of botting)
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • Evryn - Morai
    edited June 2014
    Options
    trands wrote: »
    Anything lvl49 would just be mediocre at the best ijs.

In general, the most efficient bots would be those who have a good autonomy, needing no auto-pot/charm and that can go on for a long time (hence why lvl49 is bad).

You're forgetting the free daily charms from "Harbinger of Fortune, Woyn". Low charm usage to levelup using autocultivation is acceptable up until lvl 61.

And as Zoldi points out, some caster classes are good for autocultivation. Mystic and Veno have a mana reset skill and can regain mana from triple spark. Clerics have a small mana regain skill which they can spam. I typically set my cleric on autoculti before going to work - after about 10 hours, it'll still be going with the weapon not even down to half durability and armor barely touched - but that's largely due to me setting it on Araneids - DOT attacks do not reduce armor durability.

• trands
    trands Posts: 2
    edited June 2014
    Options
    You're forgetting the free daily charms from "Harbinger of Fortune, Woyn". Low charm usage to levelup using autocultivation is acceptable up until lvl 61.

It's a durability issue, not cost issue. A low lvl weap just breaks to fast.

I still find clerics horribly inefficient with spamming that skill though. Like you pointed out with the durability, they just don't kill much because they spend a lot of time spamming that skill for MP. It also lets everyone put bot right next to you, because you're buffing all the time anyway.

I wish they didn't change the pick-up attitude. Main on killing-only with alt in squad to pick drops was really efficient, even though I had to repair every 8~9hours.
  • Evryn - Morai
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Efficient, yes. But also annoying to everyone else around you who doesn't have the ability to dual log. At the time that was still going there were a lot of full offense archer/full turtle barbarian combis going around, locking down a lot of areas solid so noone else could get their kills. Including on questmobs. I'm glad they ended that.

Clers aren't that inefficient with the mana recovery skill. Remember that in order to get a drop, you only need to hit your target for little under half health, with first hit, before someone else kills it. I've got my cler set up this way - Cyclone, SG, IH, SG, Li's, 3Spark, Cyclone, PS. On occasion, if someone drifts into the area I'm in (rarely happens, I try to pick areas that aren't occupied) then the first cyclone will typically hit whatever I target first for 2/3rds health - my weapon isn't even G16 yet. I'll prolly need to switch tactics by the time it is. And if not, you can -still- cop out and use a potstone or charm for mana and just use primal cyclone to spam the **** out of whatever opposes you. I just try to be economic about using charms - not as easy to replace them anymore now that there's no DQ system. Used to be you got more DQ points then charms you were burning...

• Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    my barb runs auto cultivation potionless, charmless, and buff-less. tips to choosing a good farming spot would be finding an area that no one quests in, there are minimal to 0 bots/active farmers, and you can kill mobs easily with auto attacks on melee dd/archer. set up a decent range so that when you clear an area and mobs migrate - you dont run out of mobs. set a spark macro.

An overnight bot session for me would be around 8 hours in which i incur a ~300k repair bill as the only overhead - coin drops over 1 mil alone, all other drops fill my 64 slot bag and I have at least 5 full stacks of dq items. Total profit exceeds 2 mil. The only way I die in auto culti is if I leave it alone so long that my ring(s) break. When that happens, all my gear falls off.

burning through charms/potions while auto cultivating really dips into your actual profit margin.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • Shevanel - Sanctuary
    Shevanel - Sanctuary Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    And as Zoldi points out, some caster classes are good for autocultivation. Mystic and Veno have a mana reset skill and can regain mana from triple spark. Clerics have a small mana regain skill which they can spam. I typically set my cleric on autoculti before going to work - after about 10 hours, it'll still be going with the weapon not even down to half durability and armor barely touched - but that's largely due to me setting it on Araneids - DOT attacks do not reduce armor durability.

I'd like to point out myself that I think Wizards could be the best Auto culti farmers. True, not quite as fast as an equally geared Archer for example, but My wizard is sitting on just under 12k mp, is Sage (Master Li's/Sage Pyro = chance to gain extra chi) and Primal Glacial Embrace (Passive 10chi/3 seconds gain)

My macro consists of Spark-master li-gush-pyro-Glacial Embrace. My support skill (or whatever it's called) Is Morning Dew (Heal).

I use absolutely no mana, absolutely no hp pots/charms and can bot for 12 or more hours without missing a beat. It works perfectly.
    Koiz - omfg my life is now complete
    Shevanel - haha oh?
    ~~~
    Koiz - i took this massive dump
    Koiz - while listening to im on a boat hahahah
    Shevanel - hahahahaha
    Shevanel - haha
    Shevanel - Oh wow

Certain levels of Boredom..
    ThaMessiah: I'd rather endlessly wack it till I shot a load that hits my ceiling than do a 3-2
  • Jadsia - Lost City
    Jadsia - Lost City Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    My veno is 102 and has been on autoculti in heaven/hell nearly 24/7 since last Christmas. I grind on both lvl 104 to 110 mag and melee mobs. I use the herc and nix for either on defend to get the other mobs than the one I am grinding on which I aggro. I don't use charms. I use an auto pot and only the pots from mob drops. I get between 3 to 5 mil a day.

I set the assist to go off every 60 seconds which helps prevent the bot from stalling out. Other than the occasional PK I don't have many problems.
    I **** bigger than you...

Shut up and play the game.....Damn
  • Sevchenko - Dreamweaver
    Sevchenko - Dreamweaver Posts: 661 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    From my perspective:

Assassin: Excellent, kills really fast doesn't need anything at all. Just set bloodpaint every 10 minutes if he has MP he will buff otherwise he waits other 10 minutes to try again (you always regain 580 MP in less than 1 hour.) BUT your gear breaks as fast as a Nigerian marathoner. Excels against fully melee mobs, but also good against hybrid mobs, as long as they don't have slow.

Cleric: Extremely sustainable with sage spirits gift and wield thunder (high chi gain), sparks often (regenerating MP), kills well, doesn't need many hits to kill or to be buffed. I set ironheart blessing every 30~60 seconds and my bot is set to last virtually forever (as weapon durability hardly runs out). Good against magical runners and hybrid mobs, excels against wood monsters.

Mystic: Very very good with sage petals and nature's vengeance. Gains chi very fast, can keep itself healed and sparks very often (regenerating MP). Its possible to bot with a pet always alive too which doesn't seem to make much difference at all. Weapon barely degrades but, slightly faster than cleric. Good against hybrid mobs and magical runners, excels against earth, water or wood monsters. Remark: I don't like to auto-culti mystic against DoT monsters, I prefer normal monsters because of falling petals.

BM: Like assassins, but weapon runs out even faster.

Archer: Its good when you have farmed 50k dragotena with your sin, weapon won't run out as fast as sin's, but you must check once in a while to put taken arrows in the equipped quiver. Spark will take care of keeping you healed. (Good against fleeting mobs as they'll try to keep 5m+ from you, giving you max damage always)
    [S.E.V.C.H.E.N.K.O]
    Synthetic Electronic Variant Calibrated for Hazardous Exploration, Nullification and Kamikaze Observation[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • purechaosbaby87
    purechaosbaby87 Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    My Mystic out bot sins at my lvl 101 2nd rb, im in full g16 +6. NV hit mobs for 60% of their hp so when a sin comes along they finish the kill and i get the loot, I bot moria, on a sage mystic, heaven on a sage mystic and have an archer that bots random places...between all my bots I make decent coin, but merching is way more reliable, and theres no repair bill