Status of the server

Options
Deathfreeze - Harshlands
Deathfreeze - Harshlands Posts: 64 Arc User
edited June 2014 in Dawnglory (EU)
Hello everyone how is harshlands nowadays? I saw Jekel and some others on another server the other day. I was just wondering is it worth coming back to? Is there any fun left for a player without r9rr?
b:bye
Post edited by Deathfreeze - Harshlands on

Comments

• Temeilion - Harshlands
    Temeilion - Harshlands Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Yeah there actually is...seems to be a helpful mentality in the air

and lots of people are trying to help others catch up and figure out this rebirth system and, mostly farmable new power that came from the last exp
    Whole S card sets excluded..hehe

While there is a huge gap between the bottom and the top..seems to be more willing to help bridge the gap and help lift some of the new plays with decent play time and attitudes up.

Lots of help in World chat...its good to see...while PWI doesnt seem to be making things any easier for us to try to encourage new player developement the players themselves have not all given up yet..

Gl in Game bud and welcome back
  • foley3k
    foley3k Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Probably not worth to come back. The population is on a decline. Really boring dailies. Broken economy, dead useless instances.
    If you have been gone for a while to try and "catch up", it will take more time then it is worth to farm your gear, unless you wanna dump cash into the game.
    You can use the game for chatting, you might get more out of it that way. Or watch paint dry
    NGTUy53.png

• Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    foley3k wrote: »
    Probably not worth to come back. The population is on a decline. Really boring dailies. Broken economy, dead useless instances.
    If you have been gone for a while to try and "catch up", it will take more time then it is worth to farm your gear, unless you wanna dump cash into the game.
    You can use the game for chatting, you might get more out of it that way. Or watch paint dry

Pretty much this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • tek1nig
    tek1nig Posts: 793 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Pretty much this.

I need some edits for my faction info Eoria
    VWjvQZ8.jpg
    Assassin - SyntherosX - 105, 105, 105 Calc : https://mypers.pw/13/#654396
    Loyal Perfect World Player 9 Year Vet.
    Youtube&LiveStream @ OROCx24

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLlLQ3LmZWU

You all know where to find me until (if) this game starts managing itself correctly again.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • KuruTu - Harshlands
    KuruTu - Harshlands Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Not enough ppl on HL for one 80v80 TW even...idk what else to add. Rebirth expansion caused that there are NO new players and old quit, causing server being less and less populated. Unless they merge servers, doubt there will be any competition here anymore.
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Or we could play this instead: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIQlC59-eXE
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Crazybladema - Harshlands
    Crazybladema - Harshlands Posts: 425 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Or we could play this instead: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIQlC59-eXE

You sir are my idol.
  • Boomz - Harshlands
    Boomz - Harshlands Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    you've got less than 1200 active non-alt non-bot players, at least it seems, that is not enough to have a healthy server. A healthy server would have over 3000.

Reasons why this is: economy sucks, refer to any post i've ever made about the economy.

No new players

No one will join this game because of the way the game has progressed

The class balanced is completely F***ed, a sin hits harder, faster, stronger than a wizzy, the suppossed hardest hitting class in the game (supposedly even mystics are hitting harder than wizzys, refer to XXHotXx's post of the calculations)

farming instances is on decline

etc....
    ░░░░███████]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂ cause i can't make art, so i made
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤this awesome tank.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] 1 shot king. LV 150 FSP bosses hit for 3m. Top Player hit record: 652,656.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    The class balanced is completely F***ed, a sin hits harder, faster, stronger than a wizzy, the suppossed hardest hitting class in the game (supposedly even mystics are hitting harder than wizzys, refer to XXHotXx's post of the calculations)

Sins are just op atm, but as for wizzies vs. mystics it only seems this way because a mystics hardest hitting damage combo is a lot easier to pull off than a wizzie's. Wizzie does his and he'll get immune'd or shut the hell down first usually. Mystic...well, it's just a lot easier to pull off.

You're still going to rely on wizzies/psys to take down cata barbs unless you have an army of demon venos. Their role hasn't really changed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • JustAllEvil - Harshlands
    JustAllEvil - Harshlands Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Waiting for a certain game based on a certain sci-fi show/movie to come out. Not really terribly optimistic about the server improving at this point.

However that won't be around until later this year, so I'm around to help and PK. (Except with FC, FC sucks)
    Sometimes snarky, but will always bake you cupcakes.
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Waiting for a certain game based on a certain sci-fi show/movie to come out. Not really terribly optimistic about the server improving at this point.

However that won't be around until later this year, so I'm around to help and PK. (Except with FC, FC sucks)

NOPE, Conga simulator: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaC9fbenyz0
    I <3 AGOREY
  • KuruTu - Harshlands
    KuruTu - Harshlands Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Wizards who complain about "nerfing" their debuffs talk like Fire combo is the only thing they got. It's more like nerfing a horribly OP debuff you could put Fire resistance to zero of any LA/HA class with to be able to deal 20k+ on full josd gear with almost no effort lmao. Note that thing still hits hard to bypass so I had to keep Soul of Fire on my genie anyways.
    I agree that sins are way too OP now; not because of new skills (sins are supposed to hit hard and be quick killers), but because of how tanky they are. Perma sage spark while unable to be able to purge or place defense debuffs/amps on them make them fishes being more tanky than any BM/Seeker of same gear setup.
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited June 2014
    Options
    I agree that sins are way too OP now; not because of new skills (sins are supposed to hit hard and be quick killers), but because of how tanky they are. Perma sage spark while unable to be able to purge or place defense debuffs/amps on them make them fishes being more tanky than any BM/Seeker of same gear setup.

Gonna take this opportunity to cash out an "I told you so" for way back in the day when I said I'd take a tanky sin over a can-one-shot-literally-anything-before-dying sin any day of the week. b:cool Like I said in that one thread, sins aren't OP because of their kill speed or killing ability, but because of how a sin NEEDS to be addressed ASAP or they'll kill their target, but that ability combined with their new tankiness means a sin single-handedly creates a massive roadblock for the entire enemy team OR be given free roam to kill anyone and anything they want.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Cytte - Harshlands
    Cytte - Harshlands Posts: 1,044 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Wizards who complain about "nerfing" their debuffs talk like Fire combo is the only thing they got. It's more like nerfing a horribly OP debuff you could put Fire resistance to zero of any LA/HA class with to be able to deal 20k+ on full josd gear with almost no effort lmao. Note that thing still hits hard to bypass so I had to keep Soul of Fire on my genie anyways.

No, i think I've used spark a grand total of 10 times, and the nerf to Undife is absurd and unwarranted, You barely do 5% more damage on someone with undine, while HF,Amp,Subsea still work the same way.

The strongest non spark debuff only adds around 5% damage now, Im still wondering why Wizies seem to be the only one worried about debuffs
    I <3 A lot of people
  • Boomz - Harshlands
    Boomz - Harshlands Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    No, i think I've used spark a grand total of 10 times, and the nerf to Undife is absurd and unwarranted, You barely do 5% more damage on someone with undine, while HF,Amp,Subsea still work the same way.

The strongest non spark debuff only adds around 5% damage now, Im still wondering why Wizies seem to be the only one worried about debuffs

+1.

People don't realize its more than spark. Without doing lots of fancy calculations you can see it yourself in pvp. The problem with the mechanics of undine is that it lowers your BASE elemental defense by 60%, not anything more. Therefore, with the introduction of elemental bonuses that are not tied to your base elemental stat such as the 54% elemental passive, it is done a huge amount of nerfing to the skill. This is because that passive does not affect your base, rather it acts like a permenant buff. That is why I have 14k normal p def and only 24k when i put on earth shield rather than about 30k. It is because my shield thinks i have only about 8k pdef, which i do.

Now for spark combo, its a nice trick, but it can easily be countered with soul of fire or just saving your cc for the right time. However the mechanics behind it are special only because you are reducing someone's fire defense along with undine over 100%, this use to bring fire to about 0. However the mechanics now you will barely see their fire def lower much. Their base will still be wiped out, however their 54% will still remain, along with anybuffs they have. Say i can reduce your fire def by about 110% and you have 8k base elemental fire. that means in this meta you actually have about 20k fire def because of primal passive and cleric buff. that means when i still use spark combo, you will have about 10.5k fire def left over, which truthfully is still a high percentage and makes the skill not that strong.
    ░░░░███████]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂ cause i can't make art, so i made
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤this awesome tank.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] 1 shot king. LV 150 FSP bosses hit for 3m. Top Player hit record: 652,656.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited June 2014
    Options
    *looks at above posts*
    *sighs*

... Do I even need to say why they aren't there anymore? The folks who posted em know exactly what they did.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Cytte - Harshlands
    Cytte - Harshlands Posts: 1,044 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    OPKossy wrote: »
    *looks at above posts*
    *sighs*

... Do I even need to say why they aren't there anymore? The folks who posted em know exactly what they did.

But Kossy, we barely get a new thread a week, hell we average like a post a day, cant we have two off topic posts?
    I <3 A lot of people
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited June 2014
    Options
    But Kossy, we barely get a new thread a week, hell we average like a post a day, cant we have two off topic posts?

Only if you include a random Youtube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NT1aSF3ETc
    I <3 AGOREY