Regarding Refinement Aid and Charms in the Event Gold Shop

Comments

• Kyanelle - Heavens Tear
    Kyanelle - Heavens Tear Posts: 562 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    check bottom of page 15, its obvious why sparkie doesnt want to update the first post

I can understand sparkie not wanting to update the first page with the info in that post, however, sparkie seems to be talking to the community more than the last few GMs have. Yes it is bad news, but even bad news in the first post is better than no news at all!

I prefer a GM that is up front and says "hey its bad news that I have received from the higher ups" than a GM that buries the bad news in the middle of a thread and doesn't refer to it or hides from the community.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Karma will get you when you least expect it. What goes around comes around.

It's called Karma and it's pronouced "haha f you"
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    http://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y445/gifs4pwi/mfwcharms_zps567b33de.gif?t=1402711361
    TBH I'm still trying to understand how this could accomplish anything but the opposite from it's desired effect.

Pretty much lol.

PWE higher ups need to start actually playing the game...or maybe it's too late already b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • ChevaIier - Harshlands
    ChevaIier - Harshlands Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    The items have always been removed/added through a maintenance. The reason you see them pop-up at times when there is no maintenance, is because they were set to go up sometime during that week, through the maintenance prior. So in other words, yes we need a maintenance to add/remove them.

From what I've been told, they were removed to help with the in-game economy and that they will be put back in once that is more stable. I've already made my PM aware, so when he gives me more information, I'll let you all know.

On what rationale does this help with the in-game economy that's already screwed up? Taking away free items that will increase the prices of the tradable plat charms, while no increase in income for the players, will stable the economy? I don't understand.

Especially with the R9RR and boosts from cards and passives, players generally tick more. You guys should be increasing the size of the plat charm to a, lets say, diamond charm that has 5 mil hp instead.
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    New to the boutique, Adamantium Charms! 10m HP and only 85 gold each! Also, we're removing all other charms from the game. You know, to help stabilize the economy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • rieihdius
    rieihdius Posts: 468 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    New to the boutique, Adamantium Charms! 10m HP and only 85 gold each! Also, we're removing all other charms from the game. You know, to help stabilize the economy.

It will be there SOON® b:laugh

• Neodaystar - Sanctuary
    Neodaystar - Sanctuary Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    The items have always been removed/added through a maintenance. The reason you see them pop-up at times when there is no maintenance, is because they were set to go up sometime during that week, through the maintenance prior. So in other words, yes we need a maintenance to add/remove them.

From what I've been told, they were removed to help with the in-game economy and that they will be put back in once that is more stable. I've already made my PM aware, so when he gives me more information, I'll let you all know.

I don't see how removing the silver ones, but keeping only the bronze ones would help improve the ingame economy. It will cause the price of real gold to inflate even higher because people want to buy the plat charms. Even if this happens, it will only be for those who are rich enough - and it is the same people who still has tons of event gold from spending lots of gold/zen. So this method of fixing the ingame economy will not work since it will hurt the majority of players. Those who can't afford real gold to buy plat charms will use bronze charms (if they have any event gold left) and that just discourage players like myself from doing pvp events like NW and TW. Which means we would just stop caring to play the game altogether. In the end, you will only hurt the game and company. If it is not broken, then don't try to fix it, especially when pwe has just a bad rep and history of trying to fix things and only make them worst.

Firstly, you guys (not directed towards you sparkie-since you are only the messenger) said that the silver charms were accidentally left out. Now you are saying it's purposely left out. What other lies are there?
  • Temeilion - Harshlands
    Temeilion - Harshlands Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    It doesnt matter if they have a plat hp charm sale or not...with gold prices where they are the charms will still be 10+mil..and thats on the 3g sale if it comes

and only a few will or can afford that..meanwhile the only charms will be coming out of the packs from the gamblers

If you guys think people are stocking up on 12m coin plat charms next sale....your on freekin crack

give everyone a daily plat hp charm..bound no trade and timed for 3 hours when they log in

Everyone...with all the people burning there daily charms and fighting...others will want to continue once there free daily charm runs out...they will then buy another to keep on if the excitment is worth it

The people who cant afford the charms at least get to Have a few hours where they can pvp and play each day and not be hopelessly behind gear wise..and charm wise too

I know people who would burn 5-10 plat charms a day..if the pvp was active agian..and more could participate daily without it costing them there future upgrades in the process..
  • ZooozOOo - Archosaur
    ZooozOOo - Archosaur Posts: 486 Arc User
    edited June 2014

who ever took this decision to stabilized pweconomy is op in economics did he scored 101/100 in it? b:laugh
  • Strife_son - Sanctuary
    Strife_son - Sanctuary Posts: 1,217 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    72 posts (including this) later and not a single response from the CM regarding this?

Step up.
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited June 2014

Just increasing my post number here, because there is not much more to add since a lot of people already said exactly what I think about that statament.

However, just in case:

Nice big lie pw!

I hope you tell whoever told you that ****, sparkie, to please stop insulting our intelligence.

• Annastasia - Lost City
    Annastasia - Lost City Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited June 2014

this is biggest line of BS i have ever heard! if you guys gave a flying F about the in game economy you might have STOPPED the 10* abuse. and about 5 billion other glitches that people have used to get rich quick. you guys let players ruin it for so many of us and now you want to "help" the economy. LMFAO!! yeah right! please explain how this can help. no seriously give it a try. ask you higher ups exactly how this helps.

imo you need to refund every single player who bought gold-credit care or in game money- when you falsely advertised "spend gold to get free event gold". because i can bet that 99% of those people were going to use the event gold for charms. horrible customer service and lies upon lies. FALSE ADVERTISING!
    the BBB lists that PWE has 400 employees. so why are we waiting so long for answers to tickets? why did the BBB take away their accreditation from PWE? BBB=Better Business Bureau
    they have this listed:
    Additional Information
    BBB file opened: 04/27/2011Business started: 06/02/2008
    Type of Entity

Corporation

Incorporated: December 2007, DE
    Contact Information
    Principal: Joon Kim Alan Chen (CEO) Alan Knoepfel
    Number of Employees

Business Category

Internet Gaming
    Products & Services

This company offers
    - See more at: http://www.bbb.org/greater-san-francisco/business-reviews/internet-gaming/perfect-world-entertainment-in-redwood-city-ca-375623#sthash.Ey3yre82.dpuf

FYI if you feel that a business has misrepresented something ie saying they will give you free rewards and then they take them away on purpose with no warning, you are free to file a complaint with the BBB.
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    this is biggest line of BS i have ever heard! if you guys gave a flying F about the in game economy you might have STOPPED the 10* abuse. and about 5 billion other glitches that people have used to get rich quick. you guys let players ruin it for so many of us and now you want to "help" the economy. LMFAO!! yeah right! please explain how this can help. no seriously give it a try. ask you higher ups exactly how this helps.

imo you need to refund every single player who bought gold-credit care or in game money- when you falsely advertised "spend gold to get free event gold". because i can bet that 99% of those people were going to use the event gold for charms. horrible customer service and lies upon lies. FALSE ADVERTISING!
    the BBB lists that PWE has 400 employees. so why are we waiting so long for answers to tickets? why did the BBB take away their accreditation from PWE? BBB=Better Business Bureau
    they have this listed:
    Additional Information
    BBB file opened: 04/27/2011Business started: 06/02/2008
    Type of Entity

Corporation

Incorporated: December 2007, DE
    Contact Information
    Principal: Joon Kim Alan Chen (CEO) Alan Knoepfel
    Number of Employees

Business Category

Internet Gaming
    Products & Services

This company offers
    - See more at: http://www.bbb.org/greater-san-francisco/business-reviews/internet-gaming/perfect-world-entertainment-in-redwood-city-ca-375623#sthash.Ey3yre82.dpuf

FYI if you feel that a business has misrepresented something ie saying they will give you free rewards and then they take them away on purpose with no warning, you are free to file a complaint with the BBB.

AFAIK companies pay to be BBB accredited. That just means PWE decided it's not worth the cost to keep.

Rating system and accreditation[edit]
    Until 2008, the BBB rated companies "satisfactory" or "unsatisfactory". On January 1, 2009, the BBB moved to a new system based on a school-style A+– F rating system.[18] The 16 factors have been posted on each business review since the program’s inception[19] and the details on the points awarded as well.[20] Initially there was a 17th factor worth 4 points for businesses that were Accredited and paid a fee to BBB. That process was changed in November 2010 in response to criticism in the media and from the Connecticut attorney general who accused BBB of using 'pay to play' tactics.[15]

If a business chooses not to provide basic information, such as size and start date, the BBB may assign a Not Rated (NR) rating.[19][21] A low rating due solely to a company not providing information would read: "BBB does not have sufficient background information on this business."

A business is eligible for BBB Accreditation if it meets, in the opinion of the BBB, the "BBB Standards for Trust."[2] There are eight BBB Standards for Trust that the BBB expects its Accredited Businesses to adhere to: Build Trust ("maintain a positive track record in the marketplace"), Advertise Honestly, Tell the Truth, Be Transparent, Honor Promises, Be Responsive (address marketplace disputes), Safeguard Privacy (protect consumer data) and Embody Integrity.[22]

The Attorney General of Connecticut demanded that the BBB stop using its weighted letter grade system, calling it "potentially harmful and misleading" to consumers.[23] Responding to the Attorney General of Connecticut and others, the BBB has since modified its letter grade system.[15]

Criticism[edit]
    In 2010 ABC's 20/20 reported in a segment titled "The Best Ratings Money Can Buy" about the irregularities in BBB ratings.[24] They reported that a man created two dummy companies which received A+ ratings as soon as he had paid the membership fee. They also reported that business owners were told that the only way to improve their rating was by paying the fee. In one case a C was turned to an A immediately after a payment and in another case a C‑minus became an A+. Chef Wolfgang Puck said that some of his businesses receive F's because he refuses to pay a fee. Ritz Carlton, which does not belong either, also receives Fs for not responding to its complaints.[23]

In response, the president of the Council of Better Business Bureaus has stated the BBB ratings system will cease awarding points to businesses for being BBB members.[25] The national BBB's executive committee voted to address the public’s perception of the ratings system. It voted that the BBB ratings system would no longer give additional points to businesses because they are accredited. It voted to implement a system to handle complaints about BBB sales practices. [26] Despite the vote, the BBB website still states that points are taken away if accreditation is lost.[27][28]

In Canada, the CBC News reported in 2010 that Canadian BBBs were downgrading the ratings scores of businesses who stopped paying their dues. For example, a moving business who had an A rating and had been a BBB member for 20 years, dropped to a D‑minus rating when they allegedly no longer wanted to pay dues.[29]

BBBs have been accused of unduly protecting companies. If a branch does not act reasonably on behalf of a consumer, a complaint may be filed with the Federal Trade Commission. However, recent reports have suggested that the Austin chapter of the Better Business Bureau refused to resolve complaints against companies if customers do not pay a $70 mediation fee.[30]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Better_Business_Bureau#Rating_system_and_accreditation
  • Boartracker - Raging Tide
    Boartracker - Raging Tide Posts: 614 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    A 1 min 30 sec video on PWI treatment of customers in the past to present:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlWZi7BeWBo

b:bye
  • Jesya - Lost City
    Jesya - Lost City Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I am sure this has been said ad nauseam, but if PWI was so concerned about the economy, why would you turn a blind eye to the 10* orb glitch, dreamchaser pack glitch, platinum charm glitch, etc? I am sure you get the point and I don't have to add others that have ruined the economy more then free silver charms.

Please, for once just be honest. Having silver charms in the event boutique hurts your revenue. This is a typical PWI sleezy manuever. Remove something from the game that the players actually like, give some BS response that you are looking into it, wait until the QQ subsides, then sneak in and give another but more permanent BS response as to why it was removed.

It is also completely unethical to have Event Gold promotions (charge rewards and spend rewards) under false pretenses that Silver Charms have been removed temporarily and will be back in the future.

I expect to see some "mega" charm sale happen in the near future just to benefit even more off of this move.
  • MagicEmpress - Lost City
    MagicEmpress - Lost City Posts: 795 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I expect to see some "mega" charm sale happen in the near future just to benefit even more off of this move.
    Sort of like the +11/+12 orb sale that came on the heels of the +10 orb fiasco.
    Hey Jesya. b:bye
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    sparkie tell the monkies of marketing that people will not pay 10m+ coins for charms.

People will just now do pve charmless, and all PvP activities will decrease.

The game is already really unbalanced for the gear gaps, and class unbalance. Bring back the silver charms so the people that don't cashop can keep playing for their gears and have a chance to experience all the game.

Also, tell those marketing monkies that since they don't have the slightest clue about the game mechanics to please stop trying to "help the economy", and instead of making shady schemes to increase the sales, just concentrate on improving the in-game experience for long term results.
  • Hojuken - Heavens Tear
    Hojuken - Heavens Tear Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Sparkie.

Could you please clarify this for those of us who are literally sitting here dumbfounded at your statement.

How does removing the ONE item from the event shop that people actually use regularly help stabilize the economy?

Platinum HP Charms are up to nearly 14M BECAUSE you have a) Removed charms from the Event shop, b) Gold prices are silly and c) We haven't had a good pack sale in over 1.5 years.

Pray tell, how is this working towards stabilizing the economy? By now saying that they will be put back in once the economy is stable you're basically putting a disclaimer out there - kind of like in the ToS about PWE being able to shut down your account without giving a reason - saying that you'll put them back when you feel like it.

The economy IS stable, it's expensive - I grant you that, but it's stable (as far as can be).
    there are no stupid questions, just a lot of inquisitive idiots.
  • Neodaystar - Sanctuary
    Neodaystar - Sanctuary Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    This is such cow ****, saying they removed the silver charms to fix the ingame economy, and at the same time they are giving out free plat charms for people who charge zen or spend lots of gold?
  • Jesya - Lost City
    Jesya - Lost City Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    This is such cow ****, saying they removed the silver charms to fix the ingame economy, and at the same time they are giving out free plat charms for people who charge zen or spend lots of gold?

Funny how that works out, isn't it
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Will one of the mods edit that page 15 update into the OP in sparkiesoft's absence?
    Leaving such an important update in obscurity among the other posts will not do~

Still waiting.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • maestro121
    maestro121 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014

Even though they may have the ability to do so, I somehow doubt any Mod on here would want to edit the community manager's post without his express permission. :-)
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    maestro121 wrote: »
    Even though they may have the ability to do so, I somehow doubt any Mod on here would want to edit the community manager's post without his express permission. :-)

They could always ask if he's too busy to do it himself. Considering that its an update to the current situation (albeit with terrible news) it still should have been amended to the OP....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • MagicEmpress - Lost City
    MagicEmpress - Lost City Posts: 795 Arc User
    edited June 2014

Sorry I'm late to the party...

So the charms are gone for the foreseeable future then, are the refine aids going to be fixed or are we screwed there too?

The only two things i buy with event gold.... b:shutup
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited June 2014
    The refine aids have been fixed for a while now. They're under a new tab but they're there.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • foley3k
    foley3k Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited June 2014

hahahah this is like the last joke a comedian tells before they walk off the stage at the end of their show.

I am glad I dont play anymore. You guys are digging every little penny you can out of the players.
    You'd steal the wallet of a guy dying on the street i swear to god. Like I have said many many times, this companies doesnt give a rats *** about its players, CSers or FTPers. They are trying to grab as much money from the people who still enjoy playing the game, before they shut off the servers after a "maintenance".

This game is like the titanic, and sparkie seems to be the band still playing that will go down with the ship, while the crew jumps into the life rafts flipping off the passengers (the players).

They do not care about this game, and they havent for the longest time. Trying to fix the economy? haha hilarious. You dont even advertise for this game, that shows how much you care about it.
    Instead the company makes threads about other up coming titles to promote those games, and makes it so that you cant post in that thread. Makes pop up ads in arc (told you it would be used to view forced advertisments).
    You honestly think people that play(ed) pwi will go and try another title from this company? You can't run this game, how in the hell are you going to run another?

If they had any brains at all they would know that the game will be offline before the economy is fixed.

hahahaha trying to fix the economy hahahaha. It's monday and that just made my week already.
    NGTUy53.png

• LuckingFoco - Raging Tide
    LuckingFoco - Raging Tide Posts: 712 Arc User
    edited June 2014

Whew, for a minute there I thought I got really drunk and had "Stupid" tattooed on my forehead. Thankfully with a mirror inspection, it was just a PWI dream.

Now, what in the holy hell kind of BS answer is your PM giving you?
    Malice Leader - Raging Tides

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Whew, for a minute there I thought I got really drunk and had "Stupid" tattooed on my forehead. Thankfully with a mirror inspection, it was just a PWI dream.

Now, what in the holy hell kind of BS answer is your PM giving you?

Something along the lines of this probably.
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • XXHotXx - Morai
    XXHotXx - Morai Posts: 1,246 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    then what are we supposed to do with our hundreds if not thousands of event gold that we hardly farmed or botted for months?

or like me... back in time i've charged during the demon\sage event card promotions to obtain both zhen and event gold to SOLELY sustain charm expenses

now i cant use my event gold anymore for charms making that promotion a complete rip off

and i believe there are lots of players that did the same...

PWE Staff already "fixed" the economy removing the DQ page,
    making bots less able to affect the "charm market"

but this, plainly remove charms... how is it supposed to help the economy?

also, remove the silver charms but keep the bronze ones?

whats the logic?

Frustrate the player long enough, forcing him to use those low hp pool charms, in order to make that player rage-purchase Boutique HP charms?

Is this how PWE is leading the in-game economy?

this is sick
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123510
    mypers.pw/1.7/#123524

i58.tinypic.com/231jj8.jpg