How come Vortex is THE skill?

Comments

• Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Well I can see how that might not work out, but if you think of it the Seeker should get more blame than the skill in this case. Assuming that he had BP, he might've lived a little bit before dying. But the actual issue in this case isn't that he vortexed, it's that he attacked too early (which a lot of people seem to like doing nowadays). Had he dropped any other aoe, by the time you used your combo, without the BP heals from vortex he would've died instantly anyway. So it's really a sign of a bad player right there :D.

I am not saying vortex as a skill is bad. My whole point is people are misusing it, like in the situation I told you. They're misusing it and it gets very annoying at bosses where you'd hope to get debuffs on it instead of vortex.
    Its not noob to use edged blur in a aoe situation but, 2 thing make it less useful then vortex and should be used for pvp only. First, unless the mobs die in 12 second, it does a lot less damage then vortex for the same chi cost. Even if you keep aoeing along with it, it does not keep up the damage if the mobs take too long to die.

2nd, it does not create damage aggro, where that can be important to have in situation like fc, warsong or lunar. Vortex will keep a constant aggro creating in its aoe where edged blur will create none and only the aoe skills used with it will be the aggro.

With a proper barbarian or BM having aggro on the seeker is not, in my opinion, important. It's so situational. Also using blur instead of vortex is more chi-friendly in some situations as you can build it in the meantime.
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • Ebrithalia - Dreamweaver
    Ebrithalia - Dreamweaver Posts: 441 Arc User
    edited June 2014

With a proper barbarian or BM having aggro on the seeker is not, in my opinion, important. It's so situational. Also using blur instead of vortex is more chi-friendly in some situations as you can build it in the meantime.

most seeker have either chi siphon or cloud eruption in pve, so the chi kind of a moot point but yes havign a barb make the aggro situation a non-factor. A situation where there no barb and no strong dd, the seker gonna need vortex to tank/hold aggro. Its pretty much, like you said, situational until you get to a lvl of gear it dont matter at all
    Ebrithalia -Sage Seeker
  • Kittysama - Raging Tide_1432680721
    edited June 2014
    most seeker have either chi siphon or cloud eruption in pve, so the chi kind of a moot point but yes havign a barb make the aggro situation a non-factor. A situation where there no barb and no strong dd, the seker gonna need vortex to tank/hold aggro. Its pretty much, like you said, situational until you get to a lvl of gear it dont matter at all

This comes down to very basics, Kitty thinks. If one can't handle the damage from having aggro, they shouldn't take aggro. If you take aggro and can't tank it, you don't know your limits and thus you need to learn your class better. Aggro-control skillz, anyone?

And if the squad can't take something head-on, they need to either perform better or get someone who can help succeed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Final ragequit on 21/02/2014 'cause ARC. Back on 15/04/2014, RL was bored.
    Ten Paths of Kittyness(old mains when deleted): Kittysama 100(100) Sage HA-Venomancer |Aivina 100(101) Sage (ex-Zerk) Str. Seeker | Kittytart 90(101) Demon All path Zerk BM | KittyFishie 92(101) Demon APS/DPH Zerk Assassin | Haroin 100(100) Demon Vit. Zerk Barbarian | Elfborn 82(100) Demon Cleric | Pessimiste 85(100) Sage Wizard | PalavaEnkeli 87(100) Demon Fist/APS-Archer | VerenVanki 85(100) Demon Mystic | MerenPeto 85(100) Sage Psychic
    Current mains: Old psy and 19 new/recreated mains(avg. level 82)
  • HideYoHubby - Archosaur
    HideYoHubby - Archosaur Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited June 2014

For one I don't BB at a lot of things in WS, because I prefer debuffing/dding and healing people that way. I find that BB restricts my freedom quite a lot and I can actually focus more when I'm not in it. Infact, the other day I recall getting raged at by your typical 7-8k hp aps sin that kept getting oneshot by the bosses, because I apparently was a bad cleric for letting him die. So whatya know, healing oneshots is possible now too. I might've been able to keep him alive if I had demon SoR, but I'm too unlucky for that right now :D. He did end up ragequitting the squad though and we all sighed in relief.

This is one of the situations why I hate "pro" clerics as you clearly dont even understand the point. For a sin BB is far more helpful than IH spam and whatnots. It is the damage reduction, most sins due having skewed wep vs armor refines will heal themselves fully with "BP alone" inside BB. So yes, you could of likely kept the sin alive with BB. You have no idea just how much IH spammers annoy me in WS if I am not barb buffed, even the few charm ticks/run turn into a lot of charms in long run.
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/103/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#132088 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    If you can't survive on IH alone in a non-AOE situation, then maybe you shouldn't be grabbing aggro. Use a lower set of daggers, autoattack in chill, use a bow, or work on your defenses more, don't expect to a cleric to waste mana because you have a skewed offense to defense ratio.

Remember, it isn't how quick the boss dies, it's being alive at the end.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Ebrithalia - Dreamweaver
    Ebrithalia - Dreamweaver Posts: 441 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    This is one of the situations why I hate "pro" clerics as you clearly dont even understand the point. For a sin BB is far more helpful than IH spam and whatnots. It is the damage reduction, most sins due having skewed wep vs armor refines will heal themselves fully with "BP alone" inside BB. So yes, you could of likely kept the sin alive with BB. You have no idea just how much IH spammers annoy me in WS if I am not barb buffed, even the few charm ticks/run turn into a lot of charms in long run.

b:chuckle sorry to say, but you sound like one of those +12 wep and +3 armor sin i saw so much about a year ago.

Mayfly pretty much sum up my answer i have to say to this but i just had to make the comparison
    Ebrithalia -Sage Seeker
  • Medaka - Morai
    Medaka - Morai Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    The two posts above me made the point quite clear. I am well aware that some of them only survive with BB's damage reduction, but that isn't the point here. It is because of the BB-abuse that so many tanks nowadays can't do a thing without it and that so many sins work on their offense while forgetting that they have awful defense. Clerics can do more than BB just as seekers can do more than vortex. If a sin can't handle a few hits from bosses he shouldn't be grabbing aggro in the first place. That one applies to anyone infact.

On the vortex deal, today I had quite an interesting FSP squad :D. The seeker with merely a g16 weapon was stealing aggro from most bosses because he kept vortexing them (at least he heartshattered beforehand :x). That quite surprised me because the squad had a few people with better refines or gear and yet he was holding aggro the whole time. It's a bit rare to see seekers vortex in FSP as I noticed... though most bosses don't really allow it, thankfully.. the only one I wouldn't mind vortex at is Azoth drake for its minions, but some well-timed aoes could also do the job.
  • Yadra - Archosaur
    Yadra - Archosaur Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    To be fair (and on topic with this thread) I don't think seekers are the only class that has some bad habits (personally I blame FC for a lot of those habits). Sins for the longest time were only successful if they went with a mish-mash of armor in the hopes of getting high enough APS to be considered for a group. Clerics for the longest time too have only had a place because of BB (it is boring just sitting in the blue hamster ball all the time). We all have different skills we can use in a number of ways depending upon the situation.

You should talk with the cleric and let them know that you need the damage reduction before tackling the boss. You should also reach out to the seeker and let them know that you need a few moments to lock aggro before they start debuffing and using Vortex (or other skills).

We just need to be a little patient with one another and use some good communication skills. A little planning and preparation before hand will make everyone successful.

Also reaching out to someone and letting them know what did/didn't work in a constructive way will also help them to work with you (and perhaps others) in the future.
    Currently 104/103/102
  • HideYoHubby - Archosaur
    HideYoHubby - Archosaur Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    If you can't survive on IH alone in a non-AOE situation, then maybe you shouldn't be grabbing aggro. Use a lower set of daggers, autoattack in chill, use a bow, or work on your defenses more, don't expect to a cleric to waste mana because you have a skewed offense to defense ratio.

Remember, it isn't how quick the boss dies, it's being alive at the end.

Honestly, there is a reason I phrased it the way I did. BB would of been in said situation the smart thing to do, no matter sin might of been meh refined on armors. If the sin would of been successful with BB then it really was her fault the sin died and imo sin was rightfully pissed at her. Big deal, which separates good players from rest, is flexibility, they will figure out ways to succeed with the weirdest setups and do things in a way which works in the squad they are in currently. If sin in your squad needs BB to survive, you BB, simple as that.

And with how PWI bosses tend to work, some things actually become multitudes harder after X amount of time has passed making quick kills the safest way to do them. Yet it wasnt the point. The point was, if sin can handle aggro in BB, you should be BBing and not killing them by being idiot and blaming it on them.
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/103/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#132088 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
    edited June 2014
    Honestly, there is a reason I phrased it the way I did. BB would of been in said situation the smart thing to do, no matter sin might of been meh refined on armors. If the sin would of been successful with BB then it really was her fault the sin died and imo sin was rightfully pissed at her. Big deal, which separates good players from rest, is flexibility, they will figure out ways to succeed with the weirdest setups and do things in a way which works in the squad they are in currently. If sin in your squad needs BB to survive, you BB, simple as that.

And with how PWI bosses tend to work, some things actually become multitudes harder after X amount of time has passed making quick kills the safest way to do them. Yet it wasnt the point. The point was, if sin can handle aggro in BB, you should be BBing and not killing them by being idiot and blaming it on them.

The problem with sins tanking in BB ish bosses that might interrupt BB at times(and there's many at 100+ stuff). BB ish good heal only as long as it's up, but superdangerous if it gets interrupted and tank isn't prepared for that. As stack of IHs takes some time to take effect, there's about 7-10 secs when tank ish pretty much without heals(and if it's a nabby geared sin with casual Cashshopped offensive gaming skills...).

Keeping stack of IHs on tank instead makes it sure that tank has at least 4-5 stacks of IH on all the time even if healernugget got interrupted at times. And that should be enough to keep anyone alive, unless totally undergeared for tanking.

If there's no chance that boss will interrupt BB, then BB ish a fine choice for heals. But elsewhere: other heals.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ten Paths of Kittyness(old mains when deleted): Kittysama 100(100) Sage HA-Venomancer |Aivina 100(101) Sage (ex-Zerk) Str. Seeker | Kittytart 90(101) Demon All path Zerk BM | KittyFishie 92(101) Demon APS/DPH Zerk Assassin | Haroin 100(100) Demon Vit. Zerk Barbarian | Elfborn 82(100) Demon Cleric | Pessimiste 85(100) Sage Wizard | PalavaEnkeli 87(100) Demon Fist/APS-Archer | VerenVanki 85(100) Demon Mystic | MerenPeto 85(100) Sage Psychic
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    BB ish good heal only as long as it's up, but superdangerous if it gets interrupted and tank isn't prepared for that. As stack of IHs takes some time to take effect, there's about 7-10 secs when tank ish pretty much without heals(and if it's a nabby geared sin with casual Cashshopped offensive gaming skills...).

This is the problem right here. A sin isn't a fullblown tank, even when some people treat the class as such. Adding the damage reduction from BB along with health regen from both BB and BP, a sin can take a pounding as long as it doesn't get oneshotted. But that tactic fails as soon as a boss throws a stun, or worse, purge/total intervention combo. I can't even begin to count how many sins have keeled over on the first and the final vile bosses in Lunar, when their buffs are blown away along with the BB... Lots of glasscannon sins fold at that point. Luckily, there's also a lot of 'em who do know what they are doing... IH stacking is also not safe to do on these bosses, since the health recovery is a buff and is purged as well. IH stacking does work well on bosses that only AOE stun, but -only- if a single person takes and holds aggro.

But, back on topic: Why do people consider vovo -the- skill? Well, it's high damage, and an AOE that autotargets everything in range. Easy to use. Effective. But I still think against a single target, the targeted attacks (Battousi, Staggering Strike, Heartseeker) do more damage in a shorter time, with less mana consumption, and allow a seeker to also recast debuffs or use other skills like spark, QPQ and such. Vovo is likely the best skill to deal with large amounts of non-boss mobs though, such as in Lunar, PV, Delta and FC runs. It's logical for seekers to use it judiciously there.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • Shadowvzss - Harshlands
    Shadowvzss - Harshlands Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    This is the problem right here. A sin isn't a fullblown tank, even when some people treat the class as such. Adding the damage reduction from BB along with health regen from both BB and BP, a sin can take a pounding as long as it doesn't get oneshotted. But that tactic fails as soon as a boss throws a stun, or worse, purge/total intervention combo. I can't even begin to count how many sins have keeled over on the first and the final vile bosses in Lunar, when their buffs are blown away along with the BB... ......

this true if sin isn't high refined, but example lunar is a bit outdated, even a caster can tank it with r9 3rd+11/10 with selfbuff and aps demon sin can tank aswell without problem with +10-12 refine, only difference they faster (well onyl exception where can't everybody tank that easy is the chromatic tinder boss what make clones).
  • Alphaben - Raging Tide
    Alphaben - Raging Tide Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I'd have to say Vortex is situational...

For pulls like FC and in Delta waves, yes vortex would probably be best for seekers who aren't T3/r9. But vortex has disadvantages in a lot of other situations.

Mobs/bosses that stun or interrupt, other players (using vortex in any pvp is probably the worst idea for a seeker), rushes/timed instances where vortex would grind it to a halt or draw unwanted agro from a puller who keeps going

That said, vortex is useful sometimes, but most of the time I choose to use other skills because of the powerful debuffs they inflict, which in turn makes the entire squad hit hard

When I do use vortex, I make sure to soulsever the mobs first to make vortex that much stronger
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Raphxelion - Raging Tide
    Raphxelion - Raging Tide Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I'd have to say Vortex is situational...

For pulls like FC and in Delta waves, yes vortex would probably be best for seekers who aren't T3/r9. But vortex has disadvantages in a lot of other situations.

Mobs/bosses that stun or interrupt, other players (using vortex in any pvp is probably the worst idea for a seeker), rushes/timed instances where vortex would grind it to a halt or draw unwanted agro from a puller who keeps going

That said, vortex is useful sometimes, but most of the time I choose to use other skills because of the powerful debuffs they inflict, which in turn makes the entire squad hit hard

When I do use vortex, I make sure to soulsever the mobs first to make vortex that much stronger
    Actually I don't know why more seekers don't vortex....Triple Spark + Vortex Combo is our most reliable consistent high dmg combo hitter if you're trying to dd. Of course the seeker number priority b4 he tripple sparks vortex should be to debuff the boss, which we have alot...not to mention our pet debuff which can increase crit rate on boss by 15%. And after the tripple spark buff runs out the seeker can turn off vortex and go back to using regular attacks on the boss to maintain debuffs and gain chi.

And I saw someone who said Edgeblur is a completely useless skill for pve, I disagree with this. Edge blur is more useful than triple spark spamming if u debuff the boss then use frenzy and sac slash b4 u edgeblur, this increases ur damage greatly and u can still spam ur skills to regain chi and do even more damage.
  • Liveena - Heavens Tear
    Liveena - Heavens Tear Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I only use vortex in situation where aoe dd are needed most like in rb or lunar. In other situation I prefer to use other aoe skills the debuff pulls, like using non primal gemini slash to marked mobs.

Seeker can do high damage with the right triple spark combo and debuff. Also I never vort at bosses except those who can spawn add and I only use it after I cast all debuff to said boss.
    Heaven Tear

Liveena 102/102/102 Demon Cleric
    Milfeena 103/102 Demon BM
    Silpheena 104/103/102 Sage R9S3 Seeker
    Cieleena 101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer
  • Kalopsia - Dreamweaver
    Kalopsia - Dreamweaver Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Vortex is the best damage output, whether it's for groups or single targets. It depends how much hp the bosses and mobs have as well and your damage output. If you can kill a boss within 1 spark, then spark and DD, otherwise it's more efficient to put vort up, and use genie skills while it vort. Of course you can debuff bosses before you put vort up, seekers don't have any efficient aoe debuff that is very useful in pve (prior to new horizons also). Seekers with vortex up will out DD any class in the game with equal gear (deitys if both have). Best test is on trial bosses, where there's high hp and the boss takes a bit to kill, you'll see how consistent damage is. There's also other benefits to vortex, but I won't post here, I enjoy killing the primal WB each week.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    What makes all the seekers think that,

1) Vortex is the BEST damage skill used on bosses, especially when tanking (NOTE: I don't mean special occasions like Toad where vortex kills the axes easily)
    2) Vortex is THE SKILL used in all pulls regardless if the seeker is tanking or not

Keep in mind here I refer to the seekers with good gear and weapon, not to the ones who vortex on pulls simply to stay alive due to the BP heals. Wouldnt sparking and using other skills be better for AOE situations, assuming the mobs die rather fast as they should when the gears are good.

And why, WHY seekers rather vortex than use their debuffs?
    Because we are lazy.

why do anything else when you can just press one button and watch b:pleased

its like asking people WHY do you procrastinate?

Because we can and want to o.o knowing there are more proper alternatives :3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear
    SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Just vortex its the best! I rather see high hits every few seconds than some lowsey spam skills wasting mana and crappy dmg so yeah vortex and let the other people debuff,most dont know about seeker toons anyways so who cares right?!
    edited July 2014
    Just vortex its the best! I rather see high hits every few seconds than some lowsey spam skills wasting mana and crappy dmg so yeah vortex and let the other people debuff,most dont know about seeker toons anyways so who cares right?!

^the attitude that causes 95% of seekers fail so badly.

This vortex-generation ish pretty much the reason why Kitty so rarely sees seekers without at least full T2 soloing water pavilion. It's easy with TT90-armors and T2-weapon if the basics of aoe cycling ish learned. Which most haven't making them autoattack once they've got their 2 basic AoEs out.

Besides there's an easy way to pretty much double the damage by using EB -> BA -> Vortex. Mobs should usually be dead by the time EB wears off.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • peckked
    peckked Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Vortex is the best damage output, whether it's for groups or single targets. It depends how much hp the bosses and mobs have as well and your damage output. If you can kill a boss within 1 spark, then spark and DD, otherwise it's more efficient to put vort up, and use genie skills while it vort. Of course you can debuff bosses before you put vort up, seekers don't have any efficient aoe debuff that is very useful in pve (prior to new horizons also). Seekers with vortex up will out DD any class in the game with equal gear (deitys if both have). Best test is on trial bosses, where there's high hp and the boss takes a bit to kill, you'll see how consistent damage is. There's also other benefits to vortex, but I won't post here, I enjoy killing the primal WB each week.

This has to be a troll post, otherwise it's the most ill informed post I've ever read.

Against mobs, the difference between vortex and it's alternatives doesn't much matter.

The idea that vortex will out DD vs a single target compared to any other class at equal gear is just plain wrong. In fact, almost every class skill spamming has higher DPS potential than vortex with one target.

Against bosses.... Unsparked, vortex does about 20% LESS DPS than just rotating Rock Splitting Cleave, Staggering Strike, and Battousai, even before you consider the benefits of the debuffs. This gets even worse for vortex after the primal upgrades. When you consider spamming just these 3 skills over and over again you can 3 spark roughly every 30s, meaning ~50% of the time you are doing ~220% of the damage just vortex would do. Overall you'll do roughly twice the damage of vortex and maintain better debuffs for your squad. You'll also use 1/4 the mp.

If lazy is your goal make a macro.

Might I suggest: Heart Shatter>Loop>3 spark>Rock Splitting Cleave>Battousai>Staggering Strike + NSW. Or of course the primal equivalents.
  • Kalopsia - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2014
    peckked wrote: »
    This has to be a troll post, otherwise it's the most ill informed post I've ever read.

Against mobs, the difference between vortex and it's alternatives doesn't much matter.

The idea that vortex will out DD vs a single target compared to any other class at equal gear is just plain wrong. In fact, almost every class skill spamming has higher DPS potential than vortex with one target.

Against bosses.... Unsparked, vortex does about 20% LESS DPS than just rotating Rock Splitting Cleave, Staggering Strike, and Battousai, even before you consider the benefits of the debuffs. This gets even worse for vortex after the primal upgrades. When you consider spamming just these 3 skills over and over again you can 3 spark roughly every 30s, meaning ~50% of the time you are doing ~220% of the damage just vortex would do. Overall you'll do roughly twice the damage of vortex and maintain better debuffs for your squad. You'll also use 1/4 the mp.

If lazy is your goal make a macro.

Might I suggest: Heart Shatter>Loop>3 spark>Rock Splitting Cleave>Battousai>Staggering Strike + NSW. Or of course the primal equivalents.

If you think I'm trolling or ill informed, please state your credentials. What makes you so certain that your information is so much more informed than mine? I never use macros, and I don't worry about mp... and seekers aren't a dps class.
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    edited July 2014
    If you think I'm trolling or ill informed, please state your credentials. What makes you so certain that your information is so much more informed than mine? I never use macros, and I don't worry about mp... and seekers aren't a dps class.

Why don't you aim for high DPH spikes on Gemini Slash then b:cute

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
    edited July 2014
    peckked wrote: »
    i would think thats a bit dependent on the zerk crits of a gear and the stat allocations (pure) ?
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Kalopsia - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2014

Not sure what you're asking.
    edited July 2014
    Not sure what you're asking.

So, the conclusion with Kalopsia-logics:
    -Seekers aren't a DPS-class while out-DDing any class equal-geared.
    -Soulsever Minuet iish triggered on one target at a time, not matter how many targets with have it when hit by Gemini.
    -Vortexing doesn't use mana much.
    -Angels don't exist.
    -Seekers have only Heartshatter for effective debuffing.
    -information can get informed.

Kitty's conclusion on Kalopsia-logics:
    -Ish even more corrupted than PWE-logic in general.
    -seekers can only Heartshatter, autoattack and vortex according to
    -probably bought heads to 100 and vortexed to 104 in PV.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alphaben - Raging Tide
    Alphaben - Raging Tide Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited July 2014

Agreed.

Alphaben's conclusion on this thread: Vortex is situational at best.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kalopsia - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2014

So, the conclusion with Kalopsia-logics:
    -Seekers aren't a DPS-class while out-DDing any class equal-geared.
    -Soulsever Minuet iish triggered on one target at a time, not matter how many targets with have it when hit by Gemini.
    -Vortexing doesn't use mana much.
    -Angels don't exist.
    -Seekers have only Heartshatter for effective debuffing.
    -information can get informed.

-seekers can only Heartshatter, autoattack and vortex according to
    -probably bought heads to 100 and vortexed to 104 in PV.

If you update your skill and actually get the primal version of soulsever minuet, which I recommend, it is a single target debuff. Also, I'm sorry to inform you mobs don't even have attack lvls or defense lvls, kind of defeats the entire purpose of using it in pve as an aoe, wouldn't you say, "informations getting informed".

Mana is cheap, mp charms are cheap and a plat mp charm will last on a seeker using vort for up to 3 months, far better than most classes.

Regarding the angels, 1 spark for 10 seconds of 18% extra crits, isn't worth the time having vortex down if you're considered a true DD seeker. Also better hope the boss doesn't aoe, the pets die so easily. Also an FYI you can combo the pet into vort, it's extremely useful for soloing certain bosses which I won't mention ;)

Along with Heart Shatter, seekers also have Mind shatter and Soul Shatter, if they haven't upgraded to the primal skill. All of which can be applied at the start of the boss. If the debuffs run out or the cd on SS is up you can easily drop vort and reapply.

Seekers are a DPH class, which if you've been playing in the r9rr era, nearly every class is now, with the exception of some archer/sin skills. If aps classes (aka -int) are out-dd'ing you, you haven't kept up with the times and your information is outdated.

Lastly I've played seeker since they first came out, I've focused my time on one class only so I could thoroughly equip it and understand. I was likely the first person / seeker to solo most of the higher lvl'd instances in this game (aka nirvy, caster nirvy, lunar 3 paths, tt-3-3, delta), long before r9rr and now TM lunar. I'm 105-105-102 actually, I know that's a lot of heads and vortexed PV's, although not sure why it matters how you kill the mobs in PV.
    edited July 2014
    I was likely the first person / seeker to solo most of the higher lvl'd instances in this game (aka nirvy, caster nirvy, lunar 3 paths, tt-3-3, delta), long before r9rr and now TM lunar.
    wow half the old seekers that started out claim that including me, as ignorant as it sounds
  • Medaka - Morai
    Medaka - Morai Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    If you update your skill and actually get the primal version of soulsever minuet, which I recommend, it is a single target debuff. Also, I'm sorry to inform you mobs don't even have attack lvls or defense lvls, kind of defeats the entire purpose of using it in pve as an aoe, wouldn't you say, "informations getting informed".

I was attempting to take you seriously until you said this.

Mana is cheap, mp charms are cheap and a plat mp charm will last on a seeker using vort for up to 3 months, far better than most classes.

Funny to hear you say that, considering that my seeker eats through mana faster than any of my other casters do. That all while I barely even use vortex. I'd love to see just how fast it'd go down if I turned into a vortex freak such as yourself.

Regarding the angels, 1 spark for 10 seconds of 18% extra crits, isn't worth the time having vortex down if you're considered a true DD seeker. Also better hope the boss doesn't aoe, the pets die so easily. Also an FYI you can combo the pet into vort, it's extremely useful for soloing certain bosses which I won't mention ;)

Part one, is infact wrong. I doubt it's worth bringing that argument back up. As for your obvious attempt at seeming knowledgeable about something that doesn't seem to fit in the forums here, I would suggest you drop that or I might as well proceed to report every single method of "glitching" that's based on Angels. But honestly, as long as it's a part of this game it will be found out sooner or later.

Seekers are a DPH class, which if you've been playing in the r9rr era, nearly every class is now,
    with the exception of some archer/sin skills. If aps classes (aka -int) are out-dd'ing you, you haven't kept up with the times and your information is outdated.

Then stop treating it like a DPS one, I know that all of our skills look like freaking swords but it doesn't mean that our only one absolute best DD skill is that yatatata stuff.

Lastly I've played seeker since they first came out, I've focused my time on one class only so I could thoroughly equip it and understand. I was likely the first person / seeker to solo most of the higher lvl'd instances in this game (aka nirvy, caster nirvy, lunar 3 paths, tt-3-3, delta), long before r9rr and now TM lunar. I'm 105-105-102 actually, I know that's a lot of heads and vortexed PV's, although not sure why it matters how you kill the mobs in PV.

I have my doubts when it comes to the soloing deal, really, and the post above explains that properly so I won't bother with it. As for how long you've played, you should know better than start posting junk on the forums and then claiming you've played for as long as you did. It only makes you look worse.

Wasn't even going to bother with this thread now, but seeing people come here showing off their usual ego and tossing incorrect information all over the place is sickening me. Vortex is situational, not the absolute best, not the worst. If you're as good of a seeker as you claim, you should know in which situations your skills can be used best.
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    edited July 2014
    Along with Heart Shatter, seekers also have Mind shatter and Soul Shatter, if they haven't upgraded to the primal skill. All of which can be applied at the start of the boss. If the debuffs run out or the cd on SS is up you can easily drop vort and reapply.

Adding Soul Shatter at the start of the boss could be the worst thing to do at some bosses if you have good wizards/psychics in squad. Their damage output goes insane when u SS when they need it, and that isnt always at the start of the boss. b:bye