Something to all those who are calling a subscription for pwi

Jaabg - Sanctuary
Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
edited June 2014 in Chronicles
I was reading this post

I came up with a thought. Let's assume pwi was a subscription game. If you joined in 2009 onwards

Join 2009 = 10 dollars a week = 10x52x5.5 = $2860
Join 2010 = 10 dollars a week = 10x52x4.5 = $2340
Join 2011 = 10 dollars a week = 10x52x3.5 = $1820
Join 2012 = 10 dollars a week = 10x52x2.5 = $1300
Join 2013 = 10 dollars a week = 10x52x1.5 = $780
Join 2014 = 10 dollars a week = 10x52x0.5 = $260

Total gold needed 1513.

$50 = 6050 zen under 15% bonus. 6050 = 60.5 gold

1513/60.5 = 25x50 = $1250 needed for r9.

Assuming there was a $40 dollar subscription per month. It would take people 2.4 years to get r9. All those people who started playing pwi from Jan 2012 and earlier, should be R9 at this rate.

Fascinating. I have never played a subscription game, so i am not sure if you get handed down top tier gear the longer you stay with the game. OP in the post had a join date in 2010, so s/he should be r9 by his/her count.

This is just an introspection for players calling for pwi to become a subscription game so they can get r9.

Once i got my head around merchanting it took me 10 months to get r9. I could do it quicker around 6~8 months if i started off with 200~300m coins.

I am sure I would quit pwi if it became a subscription paying game. I like the challenge of playing with the big folks without spending real money. If you see red chat from duke, dude is lying i tell you b:sad
Post edited by Jaabg - Sanctuary on

Comments

• HideYoHubby - Archosaur
    HideYoHubby - Archosaur Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    40$/month is completely unrealistic number for subscription fee. A game as old as PWI might be 10$/month, maybe 15$. WoW, for comparison, is 15-20$/month. While its older game too, the size of expansion and other upgrades it gets deserves a bit higher fee than PWI would.
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/103/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#132088 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
  • DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    >10 dolrars a week subscription
    >10 dolrars a week
    >10 dolrars
    >a week

What have you been playing that requires 10 dolrars per week to play holy giggity.

Making this game pay to play now would just be the headshot to this game, specially at this point.
    It won't happen anyway, so no need to discuss it.
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • Eden - Raging Tide
    Eden - Raging Tide Posts: 301 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    10 dollars a week to make his r9 analogy seem more valid than laughable

failed miserably
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited June 2014
    OP failed when they said "all those who are calling a subscription for pwi". It was on offhand remark in a trolling thread.

Seriously?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Boomz - Harshlands
    Boomz - Harshlands Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    i'm sorry i have to reply, the stupidity in this post is almost unreal. 90% of all suscription online games cost roughly $80 for 6 months, that means about $160. LMAO

Edit: also i can farm r9 in about 2-3 months without any cash, so that idea of 2.4 years with paying is also stupid.
    ░░░░███████]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂ cause i can't make art, so i made
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤this awesome tank.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] 1 shot king. LV 150 FSP bosses hit for 3m. Top Player hit record: 652,656.
  • Selak - Dreamweaver
    Selak - Dreamweaver Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    i'm sorry i have to reply, the stupidity in this post is almost unreal. 90% of all suscription online games cost roughly $80 for 6 months, that means about $160. LMAO

Edit: also i can farm r9 in about 2-3 months without any cash, so that idea of 2.4 years with paying is also stupid.

The game myself and the OP from the other thread mentioned, play at times, the same game as mentioned in that thread (Sir_Rusty and I are RL Brothers), costs at most $15 aust per month if you choose to pay that way, its cheaper for longer periods,
    you still cannot buy the best gear in game or even the mats, you must farm for the last levels gears, the rest you can buy, and guess what, most people have no problem with that in that game.

Another nice thing is PvE gear is totally different from PvP gear and requires you to participate in PvE activities to get but is not the best for high level PvP and visa versa, again, something this game could benefit from, I personally think.

Non subs have the ability to reach 50 and unlock in game perks through a legacy system plus buy unlocks through a boutique style shop or auction house to participate in endgame stuff.

For subs its a bit easier as you can go to max level 55 with every thing unlocked np and earn good gear easy to get you ready to do Operations to get the mats needed for the top level gears, the top level
    mats are bound, you cannot sell what you get, but if its the wrong stuff you can at least exchange it at an NPC for the correct class gear/mat.

One thing I love is the legacy system in that game and how it encourages making/leveling alts easier, would be a worthwhile addition to this game for sure.

The other game is not Subscription only and that is the trick, making a model that uses both methods and works is not a bad idea, if it could be implemented in a similar manner.

I personally chose subscription even though I could have been F2P if I wanted but I personally found it more fun this way and worth the extra real world cost.
    There are old Warriors, and bold Warriors,
    but there are very few old bold Warriors. b:chuckle
  • Boomz - Harshlands
    Boomz - Harshlands Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Also it doesn't cost $1250 for r9, not even close. It costs roughly $650 almost half of what you said. Not only is the whole subscription not smart because the pwi model will never change to that because they make more money having it not be a subscription, your math is also horrible.
    ░░░░███████]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂ cause i can't make art, so i made
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤this awesome tank.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] 1 shot king. LV 150 FSP bosses hit for 3m. Top Player hit record: 652,656.
  • Selak - Dreamweaver
    Selak - Dreamweaver Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Also it doesn't cost $1250 for r9, not even close. It costs roughly $650 almost half of what you said. Not only is the whole subscription not smart because the pwi model will never change to that because they make more money having it not be a subscription, your math is also horrible.

At $180 for a year of game play in the game I mentioned, and as you quote 2 months to raise a char to end game, I could and have raised
    6 chars to full endgame gears at a much lower cost. lol,
    There are old Warriors, and bold Warriors,
    but there are very few old bold Warriors. b:chuckle
  • Aasaf - Sanctuary
    Aasaf - Sanctuary Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    OP was drunk, high, or not thinking. I think the latter b:laugh. If a mod could close the post would appreciate it. Otherwise lots of +1's will pop up.
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    With such "brilliant" ideas OP, you should definitely apply to get a position in the marketing team of PWE.
  • Aasaf - Sanctuary
    edited June 2014
    With such "brilliant" ideas OP, you should definitely apply to get a position in the marketing team of PWE.

Scary part is, OP might even get hired b:shocked
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I would happily pay 10/month for a brand new, balanced server with no trace of R9 or powerlevelnig.

Just throwing that out there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • LuckingFoco - Raging Tide
    LuckingFoco - Raging Tide Posts: 712 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    In regards to a subscription to PWI I think its way too late for that. Subscription based MMOs tend to grant access to everything in game for a low cost of $10 to 15 a month. This means through questing you can attain endgame gear with no cost other than your monthly fee. Everyone can get to the end by paying the fee. Some get there quicker than others but even the most casual player can have the same op gear as the quickest players.

The free to play with endgame gear cash shopping separates people far too much from those with the means to those who don't have a large gaming fund. I've always preferred the subscription based games because of this even having a large gaming fund. Sadly people want to play for free then complain that its "too expensive" to compete with the cash shoppers
    Malice Leader - Raging Tides

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited June 2014
    Something else that should be mentioned....

Power-Creep and subscriptions don't play well together. b:chuckle IJS
    PWE probably makes more with it F2P than if it were subscription-based. Although the SWTOR model isn't a bad one, it's way too late to introduce something like that here. It would require a whole new server system.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aasaf - Sanctuary
    edited June 2014
    It would require a whole new server system.

We could get cross server nation war b:victory.
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
    edited June 2014
    Im guessing this is how PWI will eventually live its final days as a P2P game.

First we have a lot more to come me thinks and a whole new system to explore. So until then...
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Something else that should be mentioned....

Power-Creep and subscriptions don't play well together. b:chuckle IJS
    PWE probably makes more with it F2P than if it were subscription-based. Although the SWTOR model isn't a bad one, it's way too late to introduce something like that here. It would require a whole new server system.
    All they'd need to do is make one or two new servers on which the power creep gear/items are absent, then restrict access to only allow accounts which transfer 1000 Zen per month to one of them (which would either disappear or could be usable for vanity/storage items).

Yes, it's not likely, because wanmei would probably balk at yet another version to keep up patches for... but I would think in terms of programming there'd really not be much to do (if anything). Toggle off a couple NPCs relevant to the power creep gear, toggle off their sale in the cash shop, throw in an anti-powerleveling mechanism for good measure, and wouldn't they be done?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Kiteme - Lost City
    Kiteme - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I think what the OP is trying to say is that if PWI were in fact to become a subscription based game, the company would charge you $10 a week. So PWI being a Free to play, pay to win game is better than having no game to play at all.
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited June 2014
    Closed for discussion of other games and just making a thread to troll comment from a different discussion.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
This discussion has been closed.