Cash Shop packs

Options
aldonal
aldonal Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2014 in Cash Shop Huddle
i think you need to bring back all the packs that have been sold in the cash shop over the years. this will give everyone a shot at getting some of those hard to get or even impossible to find flyers again. i dint think its right that the few players who do have them, are charging INSANE amounts of money for them all due to supply and demand. this is unfair to any who have just started or been away for a while. and to those of you who are going to try and post against this to kkep up your "get rich quick" play style... too bad, as you are the reasoning for this post!

bump! sorry, want the development team to see this one
Post edited by aldonal on

Comments

• WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    I wonder what flyers you are thinking of.

Flyers have gotten faster over time. Outrages prices are being charged for the newest ones with 3.3 speed.

The old, slow ones are all pretty worthless as far as i know.

You have a join date in 2009 b:surrender
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • aldonal
    edited June 2014
    Options
    yes, i did join in 2009, and have been off and on since then. NEVER until now have i seen prices like this. A) im not going to trade a flyer i paid 20 gold for + coins for something someone else may have only paid 50 cents for... thats just ridiculous logic for anyone with a brain. and B) just because my flyer is an old one, its still upgraded to go as fast as the newer ones, and still they want coins on top of them?! really?! do i have stupid stamped on my forehead? last i checked in the mirror, i didnt
  • LuckingFoco - Raging Tide
    LuckingFoco - Raging Tide Posts: 712 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    A rare flyer that goes 3.3 for 250+ mill or an older more common 3.3 that goes for 60 to 80 mill. I will take the older one any day of the week. I don't care how rare it is, its no faster than my older same speed flyer.
    Malice Leader - Raging Tides

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited June 2014
    Options
    aldonal wrote: »
    yes, i did join in 2009, and have been off and on since then. NEVER until now have i seen prices like this. A) im not going to trade a flyer i paid 20 gold for + coins for something someone else may have only paid 50 cents for... thats just ridiculous logic for anyone with a brain. and B) just because my flyer is an old one, its still upgraded to go as fast as the newer ones, and still they want coins on top of them?! really?! do i have stupid stamped on my forehead? last i checked in the mirror, i didnt

They most likely didn't pay 50 cents and thats a terrible way to value the item out of the packs.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • aldonal
    edited June 2014
    Options
    They most likely didn't pay 50 cents and thats a terrible way to value the item out of the packs.

not when you consider the fact that they could have possibly gotten it in a few tries, when we paid out right for ours. so where they may have only spent anywhere from 50 cents to 5 dollars or more to get them, and we straight out paid 20-30 dollars for ours... now who cant value things properly?!
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited June 2014
    Options
    not when you consider the fact that they could have possibly gotten it in a few tries, when we paid out right for ours. so where they may have only spent anywhere from 50 cents to 5 dollars or more to get them, and we straight out paid 20-30 dollars for ours... now who cant value things properly?!

No... see you're taking best case scenario into account and acting as if that should be the case. If that had the slightest hint of logic and realism to it, scroll of tomes would be worth the same price as tokens.

Which is completely and utterly stupid.

Want a logical price? The newest packs are a 1 in 10,000 chance for a flier. IGNORING how it really works and assuming that you'll literally get a flier every 10k packs (this is unrealistic at the very least for multiple reasons I won't go into), the "fair" price for them would be the equivalent of 5,000 gold.

Your "guaranteed aerogear" will never cost anywhere near that price. Thus, your aerogear which is already over saturated in the market anyways is not going to go for the same price or higher than the pack aerogear. Ever.

As much as I love my max speed versions of several of my older fliers and mounts, I am not gonna delude myself into believing I can sell them for the same price as new stuff. That's just blatantly unreasonable on my end.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • aldonal
    edited June 2014
    Options
    actually, i am taking into account that there is a slim chance that they could get the aerogear in a few tries, unlike everyone else. if you want to show receipts stating that you paid almost 100 dollars or more to get the flyer, ill gladly pay the outrageous price. just remember to take into account that there is a chance they only had to buy a few packs to get it also.. it doesnt always take an astronomical number of tries. and why wouldnt my aerogear ever be the same price.. i did pay a lot of money for it, aswell as upgrading it (which i payed for aswell)?! so now, you can add in the cost of the 80, (i think), windwidgets for the upgrading, (which arent cheap either).
  • opkossy
    edited June 2014
    Options
    You do realize when it comes to these things, getting it within even 100 packs, which would put the price at slightly above most aerogear you can buy directly when including wind widget costs, is considered absurdly lucky, right?

Once again, you're completely ignoring the reality that we have a percent of a percent of a chance to get these things and acting as if everyone selling them gets it on the first pack. Which is such an absurd failure to apply logic that it's pretty astounding.

I have fully maxed versions of old fliers. I KNOW how much I paid for them and my fliers were upgraded before we had permanent price reductions on them. It should be common sense that something with a 1 in 10,000 chance is going to be rarer and more expensive than something you are guaranteed to get. Especially when the guaranteed option has not only been around for FAR longer than the rare one, but also is the type of thing people only need one of and thus will only have its price fall over time as more are introduced.

As I said, by your logic, a level 4 tome should be able to compete with a level 7 tome in price because the former requires a set price in gold and work you have to go through to get the tome pages and fragments, while you can get a scroll of tome on your first pack if you're extremely lucky and nail that 1 in 100,000 chance. If you can see why the example with tomes is absurd, you should be able to recognize that the exact same thing applies to aerogear as well.
  • aldonal
    edited June 2014
    Options
    OPKossy wrote: »
    You do realize when it comes to these things, getting it within even 100 packs, which would put the price at slightly above most aerogear you can buy directly when including wind widget costs, is considered absurdly lucky, right?

Once again, you're completely ignoring the reality that we have a percent of a percent of a chance to get these things and acting as if everyone selling them gets it on the first pack.

and you do realize that valuing these things as if you had paid for 100 packs is also absurd, right?! ok then...
  • opkossy
    edited June 2014
    Options
    and you do realize that valuing these things as if you had paid for 100 packs is also absurd, right?! ok then...
    ... Really? Really? And you're completely missing the point of everything I'm explaining to you, eh?

Okay fine, let's use your logic. Go tell anyone on your server that scroll of tomes should be worth only 1mil because people can get them from one pack so they aren't actually valuable or rare at all.

Now go find someone that isn't a complete and total idiot that wholeheartedly agrees with you and thinks you aren't completely stupid for saying that.

Go on, I'll wait.

Oh and by the way, none of the pack fliers are priced at a value that reflects your actual chance of getting one. If they were, we'd be looking at a price of, at the very least, 15,000,000,000. On top of that, even with current gold prices they're normally sold BELOW the price of buying 100 packs... even though it's EXTREMELY unlikely that you'd get one within 100 packs. Honestly, at first I thought you were just a bit unsure about why they are what they are or were misguided on the matter, but you're starting to come off as being more self-entitled about your older fliers even though logic itself is against you. Your insistence on trying to pretend that they're obtained on the first pack every time, as it's the ONLY way you have something even slightly resembling a point, simply further proves this.
  • aldonal
    edited June 2014
    Options
    OPKossy wrote: »
    Oh and by the way, none of the pack fliers are priced at a value that reflects your actual chance of getting one. If they were, we'd be looking at a price of, at the very least, 15,000,000,000. On top of that, even with current gold prices they're normally sold BELOW the price of buying 100 packs... even though it's EXTREMELY unlikely that you'd get one within 100 packs. Honestly, at first I thought you were just a bit unsure about why they are what they are or were misguided on the matter, but you're starting to come off as being more self-entitled about your older fliers even though logic itself is against you. Your insistence on trying to pretend that they're obtained on the first pack every time, as it's the ONLY way you have something even slightly resembling a point, simply further proves this.

A) 15 billion, really?! thats equal to $5000, i highly doubt that. B) there is a chance of getting those within 100 packs, which decreases the value already. C) if i traded mine for a SEALED flyer, they already ripped me off as i have to repay to upgrade them, aswell as unseal them. and D) no one is assuming they get them on the first try, if you could READ, i stated twice now that IT IS POSSIBLE to get them within the first few tries... keep going though, i like when people make themselves look stupid.
  • opkossy
    edited June 2014
    Options
    I want to give you a proper counter argument, but you're the one making yourself look stupid and hypocritical already for me, so there's no need for me to do anything besides point out that anyone reading this thread can simply look at your prior posts and compare them to your current backpedaling.

Way to be entitled, I suppose.
  • UnboundFury - Dreamweaver
    UnboundFury - Dreamweaver Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Sweetiebot, please give OPKossy 10 points for trying :)
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Sweetiebot, please give OPKossy 10 points for trying :)
    Aww sorry but you need to have at least 50 posts to be able to award points.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• aldonal
    edited June 2014
    Options
    this is very amusing, as the 3 of you are all just proving the point i made at the very end of my first post. im willing to bet on the fact that atleast two of you have atleast one of these flyers that you are trying to sell in game at this very moment. all im asking is that PWI give all players a chance to get them without paying the insane prices that you people are charging to fuel you "get rich quick" play style. so please, continue...
  • aldonal
    edited June 2014
    Options
    now why don't you be a good lil mod, and pass the suggestion of re adding the packs to the devs like you should have done to begin with rather than trying to argue a point that was pointless to argue
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited June 2014
    Options
    now why don't you be a good lil mod, and pass the suggestion of re adding the packs to the devs like you should have done to begin with rather than trying to argue a point that was pointless to argue

www.youtube.com/watch?v=_n5E7feJHw0

Even if she were to pass along your suggestion, and it were to get implemented. You still wouldn't be able to trade your old flyer for a new, except to an idiot. DO you also go around thinking that Best Buy should just give you a free ipod because sometimes ipods are given away as raffle prizes in fairs? Hey you know that person standing around the store listening to one could've got theirs free. So that makes that item free now, right? Your claim is just as absurd. Yes, some people get lucky and get it for only 50 cents. Good for them. That doesn't make your old flyer worth the same as their flyer. It's a fat chance of that happening. The new ones are more expensive because they are rarer and harder to get. A pack sale isn't going to make your old flyer suddenly be the price of a new one. Build yourself a bridge and get over it.

Also anyone who can't identify a robot when they see one really shouldn't be getting smug about other people's supposed intellectual inferiority.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • slamstone
    slamstone Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    @aldonal

You should play the lottery. By your logic you'll win the grand prize with 2 tickets
    b:laugh
  • peckked
    peckked Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    SweetieBot, I will gladly buy that flyer you're supposedly selling hehehehehehe
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    peckked wrote: »
    SweetieBot, I will gladly buy that flyer you're supposedly selling hehehehehehe
    Will you?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451