Mystic wins Celestial Tiger event....how so?

MageMERC - Harshlands
MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
edited June 2014 in Mystic
When interpreting the usefulness of a class I believe seeing them in-game is the way to go - as opposed to damage testing in a sterile environment.

Having said that I noticed a Mystic won the Celestial Tiger event on HL this week. Have Mystics undergone some changes in the last year that made them even more OP than before, or have they always been this good?

I'm thinking that the next char I make to 100 might be my old mystic.....
Post edited by MageMERC - Harshlands on

Comments

• Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Mystics and Venos have always been better at fighting large amounts of "?" type mobs because of the summons. I use my own in the Archo Assault - Storm oneshots every standard mob in those waves. Not that impressive, but I wager Primal Chihyu does some nice damage to them too.

It makes the Mystic able to fight as two characters at once. The summon taking out one mob, while the actual character takes on another.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I haven't participated in this event for more than a year now but before that, I was getting good scores (top 15-20 overall) even if the best scores belonged to APS sins at that time.
    And during this period what I would have liked to have is another AOE than gale force. Now Mystics have Swirling Mist, which probably help a lot.

That being said, I understood that the event is now more luck based and on Morai the best geared people don't attend (or really rarely), so I suppose this event is not the best place to notice what a class is able to do or not. (I talked about the fact that luck seems to be more important than before but you also need to find a good spot)

Mystics have always been a great DD class anyway. They just have always been underestimated because there were really few endgame ones (assuming top gears and everything), especially on old servers.
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Last time I did show at the tiger event I won first place overall without any efforts and I didn't stack the drops like some do.

I get around 25k contributions from the bosses (usually can do like 2), for the mobs part pet+plant+me make it easy to get mobs. (if can get an area without anyone else)

Mystics always have been in the top 5-10 for the tiger event on HL, now with the drops it's a bit random, some people will stack the drops and a week use all of them to get the first place, so maybe the mystic did stack.

Which mystic was it?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Zoldi - Morai
    edited June 2014
    but before that, I was getting good scores (top 15-20 overall)

Autoquote :p

Actually I found some screenshots (of the final ranking at this event) that had been published in my faction forum back in 2012 and I was regularly in the top10 at that time.
    My best score seems to have been rank 5 overall (october 2012) and this same week there was also a fellow mystic that was in the top10 as well (but the sin that finished first had 50% more points than the other ones in the top 5 - 5APS demon sins era xD - so finishing first would have been hard)
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    edited June 2014
    Last time I did show at the tiger event I won first place overall without any efforts and I didn't stack the drops like some do.

I get around 25k contributions from the bosses (usually can do like 2), for the mobs part pet+plant+me make it easy to get mobs. (if can get an area without anyone else)

Mystics always have been in the top 5-10 for the tiger event on HL, now with the drops it's a bit random, some people will stack the drops and a week use all of them to get the first place, so maybe the mystic did stack.

Which mystic was it?

Just one thing, the mystic was first before the random luck number was added, and was first after it also.

I don't really remember the name something like Furli I think.
    edited June 2014
    Just one thing, the mystic was first before the random luck number was added, and was first after it also.

I don't really remember the name something like Furli I think.

Never heard of him/her, the random points don't really matter, but he/she could have stack the drops a few weeks to open them all at once to get the first place.

When I show I usually get the first place in mystic and don't have any competition.

It could be also that there was not a lot of people participating that Monday or some was busy PVPing.

As Zoldi said for a long time mystics was underestimated and HL doesn't have a lot of skilled mystics and not a lot do the tiger event, for a long time I was the only main mystic doing the tiger and was always in the top 10 overall and sometime top 5 and was sharing the first and second place for mystics with Eoria (on her mystic). We was both G16 gears/weap back in time and was beating R9rr venos/clerics at the tiger event.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Shadowvzss - Harshlands
    Shadowvzss - Harshlands Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    When interpreting the usefulness of a class I believe seeing them in-game is the way to go - as opposed to damage testing in a sterile environment.

Having said that I noticed a Mystic won the Celestial Tiger event on HL this week. Have Mystics undergone some changes in the last year that made them even more OP than before, or have they always been this good?

I'm thinking that the next char I make to 100 might be my old mystic.....

use storm mistress and activate her 1st skill, feed with manay and spam fast skills+3rd spark and result dont will be bad :P

ofc go vs phyisical immune boss :p

random point really minor stuff, make difference mostly if 2 ppl got same/close to same score, then random points make something difference
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I won. b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
    edited June 2014
    I won. b:cute

The guy said Furli, unless he meant Frelia? b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    It doesnt really matter though who wins of all classes right ?
    Only to beat your own class ?

If you wonder if mystics could be the strongest DD class: No.

On apsable bosses:

1 Sin
    2 APS barb
    3 APS BM
    4 archer
    5 psy i think but not sure with other casters.

On aps resistant bosses:

1 Demon stregnth barb
    2 archer
    3 psy i think but not sure ....
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited June 2014
    We're talking about tiger event which has level ? phys immune bosses. In which case, yes, myst is probably the best DD on them. Especially sage mystics.

@Bella- Yes, I did indeed win on my mystic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• WannaBM - Archosaur
    edited June 2014
    you mean those mobs before the big boss ?

That phys imunity is useless. Dont we all have some magic buff to add a tiny bit of magic so we can shoot those mobs down with a bow just like any others ? They got like 10HP

massive range aoes with short cooldown and little or no chi cost is what i think would be most helpfull there :) Unfortunately berserkers wrath got huge cooldown and chi cost :(
    edited June 2014
    you mean those mobs before the big boss ?

That phys imunity is useless. Dont we all have some magic buff to add a tiny bit of magic so we can shoot those mobs down with a bow just like any others ? They got like 10HP

massive range aoes with short cooldown and little or no chi cost is what i think would be most helpfull there :) Unfortunately berserkers wrath got huge cooldown and chi cost :(

well mobs i think easy to everybody, but boss give nice points if someone example solo it
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    edited June 2014
    Ye, but the boss is not phys imune

I wish i could solo it yes. I was thinking for a solution to have better score, Try to find out which boss dies last usually (if that is a bit consistent) or you would need to have friends at every city with squad signet so they can port you in to other boss when the one at your city is dead.

Unfortunately it is at 5AM and even if i dont sleep, i always forget that it is happening. :(
  • CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Mystic is the highest dps caster class* and has Storm Mistress for bonus damage on bosses. Top mystic on Sanctuary is always in the top 3 overall and I usually place top ten when I do Tigers. They're just not a commonly played class and usually not played well.

*Cleric in Violet Dance using Primal Cyclone should beat them for DPS, although they still lack the extra damage from pet.

And Wanna, half the bosses are physical immune, while none are elemental immune.
    edited June 2014
    And Wanna, half the bosses are physical immune, while none are elemental immune.

i like this because dont take every point the aps class like it was before the change
  • Saibai - Raging Tide
    Saibai - Raging Tide Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Most mystics are played poorly and the ones that are played well are far and few. b:pleased its nice to see some are doing it right. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Saibai 103/102/100 Celestial Sage Mystic (main)b:victory
    Saiichi 101/100 Celestial Sage Cleric
    Saijou 100 Demon Sin
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    edited June 2014

Oh i was lucky then to be at a good one the 2 times i did this :p
    That explains a lot then :)
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Mystics can rival aps sins on ?? level bosses. My mystic is +12 and will easily go from 3rd/4th place up to 1st during the boss stage. I've watched others and my mystic will typically get the most or 2nd most points during this stage (I have a genie specially made for pve dps though so that probably skews the result). It's not rare for me to be behind as much as 20-30k points after phase 1 and still get first.

I typically don't win 1st overall though because I just mess around during the 1st mob-phase and others have solo spots, but there are other classes who are better during this phase anyway, and that's the main reason mystics aren't "always" first. (The wood/metal immune mobs are particulary troublesome for mystics w/o bows).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • ChevaIier - Harshlands
    ChevaIier - Harshlands Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I don't do the event often but, when I do I can hit around 85k pts without stacking. I won't tell you my method though :P

But yea, i'l be doing the event this summer so gtfo >:D
    edited June 2014
    I don't do the event often but, when I do I can hit around 85k pts without stacking. I won't tell you my method though :P

But yea, i'l be doing the event this summer so gtfo >:D

a boss not 70k point?
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    edited June 2014
    Just checked on the name - Frelia it is......4th today.....
  • Zoldi - Morai
    edited June 2014
    4th today.....

Shame on her b:chuckle
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited June 2014
    Just checked on the name - Frelia it is......4th today.....

I didn't use any splices. Lazy. Also, still second for mystics.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.