Why do you guys PVP?

Options
Chuck_smith - Sanctuary
Chuck_smith - Sanctuary Posts: 305 Arc User
edited June 2014 in Arigora Colosseum
I went first from a heavy PVP fanatic from my first MMO, to being a carebear which I was on this game, but became PVP heavy again when I played with a game with a teemo in it >__>. I wanted to stop because of the community is absolute trash. They made me appreciate PWI's community more XD. The trash talk is OP and all they do is complain. "OMG TEAM COMP SUCKS" "WHY YOU USE MANAMUNE ON ASHE?" "ASHE IS NOT SUPPORT SHE IS ADC!!" "TEEMO IS ADC?" "Akali can't jung you noob." "Stop taking my kills!!" "This team sucks!!" "You noobs fed Yasuo!" "I'm ADC! You are supposed to be support noob, stop taking my CS!" "Please report yi, he is OP but this noob can't even play him right!!!" "WAH WAH WAH!!!" Just watch those videos and you'll see. Now I uninstalled that game regardless of that game being better to play... well attempted too uninstall the game, computer crashed when trying. At least it is out of my desktop now. I still want that completely gone because I'm not PVPing anymore, that game have ridiculoulsy easy Ai so no way I'll play it again whenever I get free time. Had enough of the flames. Now I come back to PWI for whenever I am free and home with no plans. I miss my guildies. b:sad

Anyway, what is the reason why you guys still PVP on this game knowing it is far too broken already? Just curious. I just can't see how I can enjoy PWI PVP and of course with the immature morons of course.
Sage barb in progress.
Post edited by Chuck_smith - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Sevchenko - Dreamweaver
    Sevchenko - Dreamweaver Posts: 661 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    I don't understand the objective of this post.

PWI is a PvE game if you look closely: PvP games reward you with Exps (evolution) from PvPing.
    I have played a 3rd person shooter by Maiet (developer of RaiderZ) which been the best PvP game I have played long time: very lightweight graphics, very fast and dynamic gameplay, player skill counted 80%.

Really, PWI is not a PvP game.
    [S.E.V.C.H.E.N.K.O]
    Synthetic Electronic Variant Calibrated for Hazardous Exploration, Nullification and Kamikaze Observation[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    I didn't read the OP post so I'll just answer the thread question, I personally PVP to learn more about my class, I don't feel like PVE is enough to learn the full potential of a class, sure some people are good in PVE and think they are pro, but in my opinion you never know if you are really good before PVPing, PVE is easy and doesn't requisite a lot of skill talent, it's always the same thing over and over so at some point everyone doing PVE should be good at it, while in PVP you fight players and not all of them react the same way so you need to be fast, have a good time of reaction and take the good decision fast.

It's rare, but that do happen though that I see someone good in PVP, but awful in PVE, but I see a lot of people that suck in PVE and would probably learn more on their class if they was PVPing, some stuff like when you see someone die AFTER the second boss is dead from the DOT cause the cleric didn't purify, well someone that do PVP recognize what effect need to be purify or when just a heal is fine, I see a lot of clerics healing like crazy while a purify would do the job.

But yea, people do PVP for fun usually.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Zsw - Dreamweaver
    Zsw - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    PWI is most definitely a PvP game. PvE in this game is not challenging, it's just repetition. Once you learn how to do it, you almost never fail.

PvP is different. Your opponent always changes, and adapts to what you do. PvP isn't simply repetition of optimal moves. It's knowing what your opponent will do, and how you will respond to it. There are multiple ways to approach a situation, multiple ways to counter your opponent. It is actually challenging. It is something that actually makes you think, rethink, predict and execute. It is something that PvE never accomplishes, and most likely won't accomplish in any game for many years.

PWI is also designed with PvP in mind. It is one of the only games I've played where you can actively PK on the world map at any point in time. The massively open environment provides alot of room for strategic plays, especially when you are out numbered. It allows spontaneous generation of PvP. It creates competition.

That is why PvP is interesting.
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin
    TehZsw - 100 Demon Archer

All Luck No Skillz PvPer: youtube.com/user/zsw007
  • Sel_Darkmore - Dreamweaver
    Sel_Darkmore - Dreamweaver Posts: 350 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Because it is not repeatitive as PVE, I for one was pro pve from PWI 1st anny up till NW release. For me with PVP anything can happen. I have beat the stronger i have lost to the weaker, As stated above from someone , it does bring out ur potential and ur mistakes or teaches u what not to do or try to do next tiem. You really get to feel your limits. Even picked up and learn few things that i never did. Every week i try to be a lil stronger then the previous, every time im out in open world in pk, i welcome all fights. Win or lose its just more intresting then the repeatitive mobs/instances.

But on another note its becoming too costly ..charms up to 15 mil, theres no silver event charms to have in hand.
    To think your OP is Fail, To know your role is OP
    Team work is Flawless,
    To think your better then the rest is shabby.

Blademaster - Celestial Demon
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    PWI is most definitely a PvP game. PvE in this game is not challenging, it's just repetition. Once you learn how to do it, you almost never fail.

PvP is different. Your opponent always changes, and adapts to what you do. PvP isn't simply repetition of optimal moves. It's knowing what your opponent will do, and how you will respond to it. There are multiple ways to approach a situation, multiple ways to counter your opponent. It is actually challenging. It is something that actually makes you think, rethink, predict and execute. It is something that PvE never accomplishes, and most likely won't accomplish in any game for many years.

PWI is also designed with PvP in mind. It is one of the only games I've played where you can actively PK on the world map at any point in time. The massively open environment provides alot of room for strategic plays, especially when you are out numbered. It allows spontaneous generation of PvP. It creates competition.

That is why PvP is interesting.

Except that it isn't. Because the game is dead.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    It's fun.
    Well...that when your opponent is not ridiculously OP, but you can actually fight back instead of getting one or two-shot.

It's also the only thing left once you've done all the PvE there is. When I started PWI with my real life friends, we were just trying this game out and we didn't care about much other than exploring and doing silly things together.
    Eventually I started taking the game more seriously and I got to the point where I felt that I've done "everything" other than PvP so I started PvP'ing and I enjoyed it.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Zsw - Dreamweaver
    Zsw - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Except that it isn't. Because the game is dead.

My friend, the game isn't dead. But PWE seriously needs to pull themselves together.
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin
    TehZsw - 100 Demon Archer

All Luck No Skillz PvPer: youtube.com/user/zsw007
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    we pvp because pve is bland, boring, unrewarding and repetitive whereas the pvp system is actually fascinating, especially the charm system.

PVP fuels interest, ego, and a reason to learn one's class beyond the basics needed for pve, and an incentive to learn all classes

It's sad that PWE's management and PWCN's reckless rush to powercreep has so damaged this game.
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    >Never PvP
    >People say PvP is teh shizzle to do in this game
    >Go PK mode on a whim for once
    >Slap people around left and right
    >Get pm'd "Y U DO THIS", "STAHP", "REALLY?"
    >Have a grand total of 1 fun battle

Either that or people really expect a nice "hey, wanna 1v1?" for every time you want to pk. On a PvE server, you choose to go white. I shouldn't have to ask if you want to 1v1.

Gee, I wonder why people don't pk...
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.