We need a new server

mushki
mushki Posts: 1 Arc User
edited June 2014 in Suggestion Box
I think PWI needs a new server.All current ones contain mostly level 90+.there are no new players and no help for new players-.i.e-questing.Perhaps some of us need a fresh start in a new server with a working economy unlike the broken one in harshlands.what do you guys think?b:shutup
Post edited by mushki on

Comments

• Zanryu - Lothranis
    Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    No.

What PWI needs is a way to engage new players, and a way to keep old ones involved in the game.

A new server on a game with servers that may as well be deserted? Not the smartest call.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    A new server would have a broken economy, possibly even a more broken economy than current servers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Sevchenko - Dreamweaver
    Sevchenko - Dreamweaver Posts: 661 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    This is a terrible idea.
    [S.E.V.C.H.E.N.K.O]
    Synthetic Electronic Variant Calibrated for Hazardous Exploration, Nullification and Kamikaze Observation[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Probably the worst suggestion in 2014 (or even before). Sorry...
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • LuckingFoco - Raging Tide
    LuckingFoco - Raging Tide Posts: 712 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Within a week or two a new server would be inundated with assassins level 100+ botting, running FC and cornering the economy. Within a month some probably r9rr, NW would be unbalanced, TW would be unbalanced, etc.
    Malice Leader - Raging Tides

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    No.

What PWI needs is a way to engage new players, and a way to keep old ones involved in the game.

A new server on a game with servers that may as well be deserted? Not the smartest call.

exactly
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    No.

^ what zanny said.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Restarting with the same does not fix the underlying problem. Root cause for a broken economy is:
    - Ways to generate a huge supply of coins
    * Jolly Jones with a dozen accounts - against the rules but people do not care
    * Autoculti with a dozen accounts - against the rules but people do not care

- No heavy coin sinks to get rid of the coins
    * Tokens of Luck, Dragon Orbs and charms not directly available for coins, therefor no ceiling price for these.
    * Endgame (R9) gear only available with gold, not with coins due to Medal of Glory not being farmable -anywhere-...

These put the supply/demand in an imbalance, and reduce the value of the coins as a whole. The only reason that gold hasn't breached 4 million per gold on Morai is that the system doesn't let you set a higher price then 4M.

Solutions:
    - ENFORCE 2 accounts per person and 2 connections per IP (that'll trash multiclient farming, and also kill off a bunch of catshop farms in the process).
    - Create coinsinks for consumables. Especially, selling the Tokens of Luck for 20k or so somewhere would solve a lot of problems, since players can do a lot with those (from skills to crabs to teleacoustics - stuff I don't use now but if I could get em with coins I'd definately get a few).
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • trands
    trands Posts: 2
    edited June 2014
    mushki wrote: »
    I think PWI needs a new server.

I agree. We need one specially and exclusively for you b:victory
  • Art_of_Life - Harshlands
    Art_of_Life - Harshlands Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    NO!!! we really dont need a new server. Wat we need is a server merge.
  • DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    NO!!! we really dont need a new server. Wat we need is a server merge.

What we need is:
    - Server merge

- Option to (even if for once) transfer to other server (i personally would love to move to EU server to be able to attend events, since my main focus is PvE anyway, idc about activity in pk too much)

- Active GM's

- Stabilized economy, possibly by adding ways to manufacture items through (for example) NW tokens, mysterious chips (yes those exists, but who uses them when it's so easy to just farm the mats?), NPC's selling items for a fixed prize

|||||--> I am not saying EVERYTHING should be available through NPC's and exchanges (with coin sink obviously), some/most items should be cashshop only, simply to be able to keep the servers running.

|||||--> I see this more as make an exchange rate of (for example) 100 tokens (or more) + x amount of million coins to create a platinum HP charm, while they are also available through cashshop / packs.

It's a very rough idea on the economy stabilisation, but stabilizing it takes a lot of thought and work about what to do and what not, it's not as simple as:
    "Take out X and Y will happen".
    Which seems to be the way PWE's management thinks.

Out of any suggestions made in any thread ever will actually be listened to? None.
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
    edited June 2014
    Sorry I don't believe a new server would support the reasons why you would like a new server. My self I believe that another answer will soon stand on us and eventually the servers will have to merge to support players. Opening another server I don't feel would bring new players either.

With the above in mind and comments from other players taken into account im not going to Log this.

Thanks,