Auto Cultivation Looting Issue

feintdemise
feintdemise Posts: 10 Arc User
edited June 2014 in General Discussion
Before I begin, I know I've seen a thread on this a long while ago. I could not find it again. I tried searching a few different things using the search function, but no luck.

I just made a new character after being away from the game for a little while now, and I decided I would use the Auto Cultivation to gain the 9,999 aquametals required for a permanent version of the tutorial wings.

When I've done this in the past, my character would kill a mob, loot, then attack the next. Now I'm having an issue where I kill a mob, don't loot, attack the next, maybe loot? Probably not, then attack the next mob. I end up having a fairly large pile of loot with just a few items added to my bag.

I have my Auto cultivation set up as:

Attack: [Pyrogram]

Assisting: [empty] used every [60] seconds.

Time: Lasts for [9999] minutes.

Area: [500] meter (20 at least)

Enable: [All Items]

Inventory is set up as follows:

-Three separate slots of Small Healing Potion
-Three separate slots of Small Mana Potion
-Three separate slots of Small Rejuvenation Potion
-Rest of slots are filled with separate slots of Aquametal.

This prevents me from picking up the Fireworks. This has not caused any kind of issue in the past.

Is there something I can do to prevent my character from not picking up loot?
Post edited by feintdemise on

Comments

• Frijolero - Sanctuary
    Frijolero - Sanctuary Posts: 820 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    It sounds like you set up the pickup to either none or coin only.

Can you post a screenshot of the auto cultivation window?
    Sliding we go, only fear on our side. To the edge of the wire and we rush with the tide.
    Although I'm still alive, pray to God I survive
    How long on this longest day, 'til we finally make it through.
    - June 6, 1944. The day earth stood still.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • feintdemise
    edited June 2014
    http://puu.sh/9r2I4/9d5a5320b0.png

Picture of Auto Cultivation + Inventory
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    It sounds like you set up the pickup to either none or coin only.

Can you post a screenshot of the auto cultivation window?

Nah, it's a current issue. They changed how the looting works a bit ago and it ends up being annoying. My bot will kill a mob and if the mob drops multiple items, it'll like pick one and then go off to kill another mob that wasn't even aggro'd far off in the distance. It may eventually come back to pick the other items, but takes it a bit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • feintdemise
    edited June 2014
    Aww, well at least it's not necessarily a problem on my end. For now I've decided to exchange Pyrogram with using regular Auto Attacks using the Green Normal Attack button in it's place.

What this allows me to do is get my kill then immediately pick up my loot.

This takes longer per kill, but as I'm just botting it over night anyways, time is not as important.

So I have come to the conclusion that perhaps the issue is distance. Not the setting in the Auto Cultivator, but the distance between (me and the mobs) and (me and the loot). It appears that if the next mob is closer than the loot, my bot will go for the kill rather than picking up the loot. As a class that attacks from a distance this is a problem, but if I'm correct about this then Melee distance classes shouldn't have much of an issue.

Thank both of you for your replies! Hopefully, maybe, I'm wrong in my theory and there is something simple that I overlooked, and I can easily fix/prevent this issue.

Edit: Added parenthesis to the conclusion section because without them it looked really messy.
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    As a veno who auto-cultivates in fox form, sometimes you still run off for the next mob before picking up loot at your feet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga