Need help with where to get gear for assassin

ladynightlock
ladynightlock Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2014 in Assassin
I am level 37 now (only been playing for three days) and currently have the halo gear on. I'm still confused on where to get better gear. I'm sorry this is such a newbie question...
Post edited by ladynightlock on

Comments

• skullterror
    skullterror Posts: 44
    edited June 2014
    I am level 37 now (only been playing for three days) and currently have the halo gear on. I'm still confused on where to get better gear. I'm sorry this is such a newbie question...

First log in your Arc and redeem this code: gVqIRES4e. Its still available , or atleast was 2 weaks ago wen i use it for new char. You ll receive an item, that if you click every 10lvl till lvl 40 will give you armors and weapon.
    be carefull to chose light armor and daggers since you are a sin.
    the gear should help you till lvl 60 till you can get TT mats to make the Twilight Temple daggers.
    At lvl 70 you can make your armor. Check in Archosaur near General Summer at Twilight Forges to see wat kinda mats you need for maling the gear. You will need to buy those mats with in game money or search for help from high lvl players to farm TT.
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Also, all the FB instance bosses nowadays drop gear similar to what comes out of those dreamchaser packs but it goes up to a higher level. Up to 60-70 or so i think. This gear can in fact keep you going until you get to level 99 where APS gear becomes available. In your 80s and 90s, you can also consider wearing some lower level HA that you get from these bosses. (use a str tome for example to temporarily increase your str while being able to swap it to a dex tome later)

In my opinion, this gear makes TT70 and TT80 pretty obsolete. Not worth spending your money on it unless you plan to upgrade it all yourself and work up to TT99 gold. Only in those 80s and 90s, consider spending some coin on a better dagger. Although you should not underestimate the value of those slaying levels on the masters blade. (the highest you will get from those FB bosses)
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • ladynightlock
    edited June 2014
    First log in your Arc and redeem this code: gVqIRES4e. Its still available , or atleast was 2 weaks ago wen i use it for new char. You ll receive an item, that if you click every 10lvl till lvl 40 will give you armors and weapon.
    be carefull to chose light armor and daggers since you are a sin.
    the gear should help you till lvl 60 till you can get TT mats to make the Twilight Temple daggers.
    At lvl 70 you can make your armor. Check in Archosaur near General Summer at Twilight Forges to see wat kinda mats you need for maling the gear. You will need to buy those mats with in game money or search for help from high lvl players to farm TT.

May I ask how to redeem this code? I saw a redeem code option when I first made my account but not anymore.
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    down arrow thing on the top left right next to the arc logo.
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • ladynightlock
    edited June 2014
    down arrow thing on the top left right next to the arc logo.

The option isn't there for me
  • anaovt1
    anaovt1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    The option isn't there for me

Should be at the top left in the arc launcher thing. It recently changed, make sure your Arc is updated and there were a few posts on the forum about how to find it.

I also highly recommend the fb boss gear. I was using Master gear (which comes from 69 and 79) until I got my TT90.
    Camlyra-Raging Tides. Since the avatar is broken.

Cleric 103/103/102
    Seeker 102/102/101
    Wizard 101/101/101
    Psychic 102/99
  • skullterror
    edited June 2014
    anaovt1 wrote: »
    Should be at the top left in the arc launcher thing. It recently changed, make sure your Arc is updated and there were a few posts on the forum about how to find it.

I also highly recommend the fb boss gear. I was using Master gear (which comes from 69 and 79) until I got my TT90.

She is lvl 37 and have halo gear. To hard for her to solo even FB19. She needs to enter in a faction with nice ppl that can help her with those.
    Also notice that if you make a new char and leave the new starting zone at lvl 1, without doing any quests, you get the dreamchaser item without reedem any code .But now its too late for her.
  • anaovt1
    edited June 2014
    She is lvl 37 and have halo gear. To hard for her to solo even FB19. She needs to enter in a faction with nice ppl that can help her with those.
    Also notice that if you make a new char and leave the new starting zone at lvl 1, without doing any quests, you get the dreamchaser item without reedem any code .But now its too late for her.

I've left starting area at 1 for all my chars and haven't gotten any dreamchaser packs. Do you mean the packls or something else?

Also, I agree, find a faction, they'll help a lot with doing instances to get the gear.

Cleric 103/103/102
    Seeker 102/102/101
    Wizard 101/101/101
    Psychic 102/99
  • skullterror
    edited June 2014
    anaovt1 wrote: »
    I've left starting area at 1 for all my chars and haven't gotten any dreamchaser packs. Do you mean the packls or something else?

Also, I agree, find a faction, they'll help a lot with doing instances to get the gear.

Last weak I started a seeker, didnt send any code to him. Wen I arrived in the old starting zone for earthguards i notice I had a mail. I read it and it was a dreamchaser pack.
  • anaovt1
    edited June 2014
    Last weak I started a seeker, didnt send any code to him. Wen I arrived in the old starting zone for earthguards i notice I had a mail. I read it and it was a dreamchaser pack.

You must have somehow sent the code. Because that's not what normally happens. I usually just start with the wep from the lvl 1 reward.

Cleric 103/103/102
    Seeker 102/102/101
    Wizard 101/101/101
    Psychic 102/99
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited June 2014

The name might have been used on a previous character on your server as, for some odd reason, when you create a character with a name that was in use before, you'll wind up with any mail that character may have had left on your new character.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • skullterror
    edited June 2014
    OPKossy wrote: »
    The name might have been used on a previous character on your server as, for some odd reason, when you create a character with a name that was in use before, you'll wind up with any mail that character may have had left on your new character.

Gonna make a new char and see if it will happen again.