• KrittyCat - Dreamweaver
    KrittyCat - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,273 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    So i wasn't here for along time, and want to know some news,
    people still playing? xd
    dont want download the game , and see 4 people in each nation :<
    b:victory

It's a free game, so there are always going to be some people playing. You might have a better chance with an older server like LC, but I know that quite a few people are worried about how empty some of the servers do feel.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (Signature credit to NowItsAwn)

Survivor of Snow-Mageddon 2010, "The Great Earthquake" of 2011, and Sandy 2012 b:victory
  • anaovt1
    anaovt1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Raging Tide is fairly active. Less so than 2 years ago, but still decent.
    Camlyra-Raging Tides. Since the avatar is broken.

Cleric 103/103/102
    Seeker 102/102/101
    Wizard 101/101/101
    Psychic 102/99
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    About 600~800 people show up regularly on sanctuary for nations wars. Not sure about the servers, but there was a topic that asked people to post how many people showed up in nation war, to see which server had how many participants for this 2 hour event.

I always say choose sanctuary b:laugh, but it depends on the server in your time zone.
  • SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear
    SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    The game is quite boring to be honest.If you have one toon then its going to be really boring after you get to 100.Complete your dailies and there really isnt nothing to do.So i would advise being in a super active guild and have something constant to do.Maybe do some quest if you only have one toon or help some people or log off.Just dont install ill be honest,have a good day.
  • Cotillion - Dreamweaver
    Cotillion - Dreamweaver Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    I was away from the game for a year and half and upon coming back, I found it way easier to make money, lots more to do and all kinds to occupy my time.
    The game is much more enjoyable to me now than it was 2 years ago.
    The game is quite boring to be honest.If you have one toon then its going to be really boring after you get to 100.Complete your dailies and there really isnt nothing to do.So i would advise being in a super active guild and have something constant to do.Maybe do some quest if you only have one toon or help some people or log off.Just dont install ill be honest,have a good day.

As far as endgame being 'boring', this MMO is no different from any others. I find lots to do and people to do it with.
    Stagnation of endgame is commonplace to the entire genre though. Grind this, daily that, raid the other thing. Even new games that claimed to deviate from this ended up in the same stagnation, like the heralded -banana tossing cheesecake-, the endgame was reduced to grind (bi-weekly AP and zerg content) and dailies.
    I find with PWI having been around for so long that there's a lot of stuff to do that gets overlooked by many new players.
  • Zhenmax - Archosaur
    Zhenmax - Archosaur Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    The game is still great and too many things to do... Come and look for yourself.. Happy gaming :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • maestro121
    maestro121 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    I was away from the game for a year and half and upon coming back, I found it way easier to make money, lots more to do and all kinds to occupy my time.
    The game is much more enjoyable to me now than it was 2 years ago.

As far as endgame being 'boring', this MMO is no different from any others. I find lots to do and people to do it with.
    Stagnation of endgame is commonplace to the entire genre though. Grind this, daily that, raid the other thing. Even new games that claimed to deviate from this ended up in the same stagnation, like the heralded -banana tossing cheesecake-, the endgame was reduced to grind (bi-weekly AP and zerg content) and dailies.
    I find with PWI having been around for so long that there's a lot of stuff to do that gets overlooked by many new players.

Spoken like a true PVE carebear. b:chuckle

"End game" for most MMOs (including the one you mentioned which Kossy somehow missed... he must be on vacation !) is PVP... since PVE tends to get repetitive to a point with same dailies and dungeons over and over, while gear usually ends up outstripping the mobs and/or bosses anyway making them no challenge... which in turn only exacerbates the problem with PVE being perceived as "boring" to many people.
  • SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options

@maestro121

I'll agree that in many cases, endgame tends to involve pvp. But that's not always the case, and its also based upon personal preference. Not everyone wants to pvp. That is a truth. Even for those of us who do pvp, not everyone does the same way....Open world, Nation wars, Territory Wars, Location Battles, e.g West Arch.

Stagnation in endgame is commonplace. Like Coalition however, I still do have fun playing the game, and running instances to increase my toons capabilities. I haven't reached the peak of endgame however, and likely never will. R9rr simply isn't that important to me, nor are JOSD or +12....not for the amount of coin and time that would take to obtain. I enjoy challenging myself on old bosses, and old instances. I don't play a class that has very high killspeed, and I'm very aware that should I mess up, I can die. Thus, I'm still challenged, and still having fun with this game.

My point is that pvp isn't necessarily the end all, and just because a person may not be a pvp advocate, it doesn't necessarily make them a carbear. It makes them a player that likes to play the way that they like to play. (No disrespect intended.)
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011&quot;

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
  • HideYoHubby - Archosaur
    HideYoHubby - Archosaur Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options

Morai, base & prime world dailies. BH, FSP, cube. Weekly nuemas. There is a lot of things one should do each day. Weekend NWs and TWs. If you have "nothing to do" its cause you are lazy or play far more than is expected out of your average player. To me the game really doesnt need more daily stuff, there is already a lot you "have to" get trough.
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/103/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#132088 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
  • maestro121
    maestro121 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options

@maestro121

I'll agree that in many cases, endgame tends to involve pvp. But that's not always the case, and its also based upon personal preference. Not everyone wants to pvp. That is a truth. Even for those of us who do pvp, not everyone does the same way....Open world, Nation wars, Territory Wars, Location Battles, e.g West Arch.

Stagnation in endgame is commonplace. Like Coalition however, I still do have fun playing the game, and running instances to increase my toons capabilities. I haven't reached the peak of endgame however, and likely never will. R9rr simply isn't that important to me, nor are JOSD or +12....not for the amount of coin and time that would take to obtain. I enjoy challenging myself on old bosses, and old instances. I don't play a class that has very high killspeed, and I'm very aware that should I mess up, I can die. Thus, I'm still challenged, and still having fun with this game.

My point is that pvp isn't necessarily the end all, and just because a person may not be a pvp advocate, it doesn't necessarily make them a carbear. It makes them a player that likes to play the way that they like to play. (No disrespect intended.)

OK fair enough... let me rephrase it another way. IMO those who consider PVE to be their end game are far more likely to get bored (or at least complain there is no end game) than someone who sees PVP as end game. Even PVP course can become boring and repetitive though if someone does it often enough.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited June 2014
    Options
    maestro121 wrote: »
    OK fair enough... let me rephrase it another way. IMO those who consider PVE to be their end game are far more likely to get bored (or at least complain there is no end game) than someone who sees PVP as end game. Even PVP course can become boring and repetitive though if someone does it often enough.

Depends on the person.

I've played another game with a "Challenge" mode of sorts which was essentially PvE with set gear and challenges, yet even when people had mastered it we still had plenty of fun and amusement and many even kept level 1 alts purely dedicated to it and would prefer various C-Mode stages to th rest of the game. Meanwhile others skipped through the levels, blew past the quests and story, and would jump straight into Arena mode because they felt the PvE grind was boring.

A person who prefers PvE will say the same thing you say now about PvP and vice versa. Purely depends on what kind of person you're dealing with... which is why it's best to have options for both groups of people.

Also, I'm not a he. Just saying. b:chuckle
    (Insert fancy image here)