How do you close arc down?

Options
CoinFarmer - Lost City
CoinFarmer - Lost City Posts: 39 Arc User
edited June 2014 in General Discussion
(as DemansPsy) I'm really sorry for making a new thread to a question I'm pretty sure has been answered already, but when I try to search the forums apparently the word "arc" is too short. Anyway how do I close down arc while I have a client up? When I try to exit it states that it cannot close while an element is running, but I was able to close it down before the patch this morning just fine. Again, sorry for asking a question I know has already been asked >.<
Call me Demans
DemansPsy:2009-2013 Dec. 24th, may you rest in peace...er well as much as you can in the equivalent of pwi hell anyway.
Post edited by CoinFarmer - Lost City on

Comments

• Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    The only way I know if is to force the process to terminate via the task manager.

Press CTRL-Alt-Del
    Open the Task Manager
    Go to the Processess tab.
    Terminate "Arc.exe"

The Arc client refuses to close gracefully if you started any game through the client.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • anaovt1
    anaovt1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Also, make sure to kill the ArcOS process and any other with Arc in the name. I think there are 3-4.
    Camlyra-Raging Tides. Since the avatar is broken.

Cleric 103/103/102
    Seeker 102/102/101
    Wizard 101/101/101
    Psychic 102/99
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Personally, I just don't use Arc to launch any clients.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CoinFarmer - Lost City
    CoinFarmer - Lost City Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    (As DemansPsy)
    I usually don't either but it auto-launched when I tried updating the client this morning.

Also thank you for the earlier responses in the thread, was able to close it that way.
    Call me Demans
    DemansPsy:2009-2013 Dec. 24th, may you rest in peace...er well as much as you can in the equivalent of pwi hell anyway.
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options

+1

This update reverted the workaround I was using back to normal, but it was simple to make the changes again. I will only use Arc to redeem codes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • sparkiesoft
    sparkiesoft Posts: 47
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Arc was just updated today with some new menu changes, see here: http://www.arcgames.com/en/arc-news/detail/5007153-new-changes-coming-to-arc!

All you need to do now is access it from the drop-down and it should completely close down the Arc client.
  • Selak - Dreamweaver
    Selak - Dreamweaver Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Arc was just updated today with some new menu changes, see here: http://www.arcgames.com/en/arc-news/detail/5007153-new-changes-coming-to-arc!

All you need to do now is access it from the drop-down and it should completely close down the Arc client.

Thank You Sparkie,
    I am going to have some very happy friends today.
    You guys did listen this time, very cool.
    b:pleased

Added Comment:
    After reading your original post I decided it was time to get Arc and install it, to see how I went and all I can say is it worked great and the new exit function works great too. Thank you guys again.

One thing,
    When I first installed Arc, I used the "Add game" function in the bottom left of the GUI to point it too my existing installation on my E: drive.
    I pressed play, once it was added, it wanted to download and install the entire game onto my C: drive. Not sure what to do at this point, I stopped the process from downloading and removed the links from my library. I then repeated the steps with the same results, so after removing the links again, I completely closed Arc.

I decided to double check the Forums incase I was doing something wrong but could not find anything to help.

At this point I wondered if, when it tried to download and install, it needed me to change the install directory and then it would find the old files and only update what was needed, so I opened Arc to try, but before I could try, noted it had created a new library entry, that was not there when I closed it saying play PWI, so I clicked it and it pointed to the correct drive, updated my prior installation with no problems and now everything works fine.

I am not sure why I had to close and reopen Arc for it to see the correct drive and directory, and add the correct entry, but I was nearly fooled into re downloading the entire game again, by the way it behaved the first 2 times I tried to add my existing installation on E: drive.
    Was a bit confusing.

Other than this 1 issue everything else works fine.
    There are old Warriors, and bold Warriors,
    but there are very few old bold Warriors. b:chuckle