TheDan's End Game Blademaster PvP Guide

Comments

• Sel_Darkmore - Dreamweaver
    Sel_Darkmore - Dreamweaver Posts: 350 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Dan i think i also speak for some others when i ask you might want to go over ur guide on ur spare time and do some updating . The Horizons Update seem to have changed the game a bit. with differant class new skills passives etc . You guide has been helpful by far no doubt . but i think some updating regarding the "nowadays" might be in demand. Already noticing alot more Bms then before with alll the new primal stuff.
    To think your OP is Fail, To know your role is OP
    Team work is Flawless,
    To think your better then the rest is shabby.

Blademaster - Celestial Demon
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Dan i think i also speak for some others when i ask you might want to go over ur guide on ur spare time and do some updating . The Horizons Update seem to have changed the game a bit. with differant class new skills passives etc . You guide has been helpful by far no doubt . but i think some updating regarding the "nowadays" might be in demand. Already noticing alot more Bms then before with alll the new primal stuff.

Two words

Dragon Rising

FTW!

Seriously that one skill has brought back a lot of the love I have/had for my bm. (That purify proc ruined it for a lot of bms...not to mention how much the passives have helped, even if we're still easy kills for the most part while undergeared.... albeit all classes are, bms get put into the position of being ganked, without a way to tank far too often, even with their plethora of stuns/sleeps, it was... and still is too easy to die without apo/some help around.)
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
    edited June 2014
    Rising is awsome and very usefull but for me thats not what i loved most with primal, Max Def passive to me is what was great for bms ..with a R9 belt or a celetistal cultivation one, i think made a huge differance with our marrows keeping our Defence more balance then being 1 sided.

Im not even +10 orneys and dont have nice shards and i can go around self buffed with over 20k mag def and 28k phy
    Team work is Flawless,

• Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Rising is awsome and very usefull but for me thats not what i loved most with primal, Max Def passive to me is what was great for bms ..with a R9 belt or a celetistal cultivation one, i think made a huge differance with our marrows keeping our Defence more balance then being 1 sided.

Im not even +10 orneys and dont have nice shards and i can go around self buffed with over 20k mag def and 28k phy

Agreed Sel, I am really liking the passives as well, has really helped lessen the blow of marrows being the >worse< double edged sword in game.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited June 2014

That's the hard part, I have such little spare time, I'm working 80-100 hours a week atm, maybe on a holiday or something I will have time.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
    edited June 2014
    Then do we Vote Zan to do it? O.O
    Since he seems to be on a marathon making r999 Bms on all server's ijs
    Team work is Flawless,

• Zanryu - Lothranis
    Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Then do we Vote Zan to do it? O.O
    Since he seems to be on a marathon making r999 Bms on all server's ijs

Zanryu, making an R9r3 BM appearance on your server! Coming soon! b:cool

I know a fair bit about our new skills, though there's some I still don't have yet so I could give it a shot if Dan let's me. Though he's better suited on the whole guide making thing, as I don't usually do guides. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
    edited June 2014
    Um er...i would like to see that but i warn you we talking DW been awhile since u was there, we are the aka greedy/expensive/gold almost 4 mil/ token clockin 30k pocket heavy server. Hell we got ppl given away 10 mil bank notes if u pm them lol.
    Team work is Flawless,

• Zanryu - Lothranis
    edited June 2014
    Um er...i would like to see that but i warn you we talking DW been awhile since u was there, we are the aka greedy/expensive/gold almost 4 mil/ token clockin 30k pocket heavy server. Hell we got ppl given away 10 mil bank notes if u pm them lol.

I had like.. I think 50m cash when I was removed. Little 8k TT99 BM runnin' around killin' stuff man, those were the days. If someone funds me R9r3 I'll pay DW a visit b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
    edited June 2014
    LOL find the right peeps and someone prolly would fund u . I had help with my r9 b:chuckle
    Team work is Flawless,

• Zanryu - Lothranis
    edited June 2014
    Hook me up b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
    edited June 2014
    nuuu im still getting hooked up with refine project b:surrender
    Team work is Flawless,

• TheDan - Sanctuary
    edited June 2014
    I can probably put something together quick, my mistake was that I only reserved 2 posts initially lol, I didn't think this would be a long term guide, but guess it should be updated as time goes.

• Zanryu - Lothranis
    edited June 2014
    I can probably put something together quick, my mistake was that I only reserved 2 posts initially lol, I didn't think this would be a long term guide, but guess it should be updated as time goes.

BM PvP guides OP.

Hit me up on skype and let's talk BM stuff yo
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
    edited June 2014
    Other guides have been helpfull over the years but TheDans Guide had been more the recent and gave a better understanding of the tricks and tips as a well as reason and i think the best part was the genie section .Ur Guide is already more on the pvp side . What i know some would like to see is a more indept break down as to a Genie build for Bms in Mass and 1v1 pvp. Like let say the genie was 61 LP or 71+ or 81 cause not everyone get that lucky for a 91 LP, and these genies going in a Mass PVP situation or a 1v1. I read ur genie recommendation numerous times but then i saw ur last vid around mid part u had an entire differant genie set of skills, ofc given the wizard u had to fight it was understood. I reached a point where im affraid to do without hearts of steel with the archers and seekers now a days lol.

On another note yet the recent update has changed the game. Some classes had great upgrades.

@ Zan yes ur videos has been helpfull as well :P
    Team work is Flawless,

• Zanryu - Lothranis
    edited June 2014
    Other guides have been helpfull over the years but TheDans Guide had been more the recent and gave a better understanding of the tricks and tips as a well as reason and i think the best part was the genie section .Ur Guide is already more on the pvp side . What i know some would like to see is a more indept break down as to a Genie build for Bms in Mass and 1v1 pvp. Like let say the genie was 61 LP or 71+ or 81 cause not everyone get that lucky for a 91 LP, and these genies going in a Mass PVP situation or a 1v1. I read ur genie recommendation numerous times but then i saw ur last vid around mid part u had an entire differant genie set of skills, ofc given the wizard u had to fight it was understood. I reached a point where im affraid to do without hearts of steel with the archers and seekers now a days lol.

On another note yet the recent update has changed the game. Some classes had great upgrades.

@ Zan yes ur videos has been helpfull as well :P

Mass PvP has never been my thing, but I'm starting to dabble in it. After having participated in the tournament and a few rounds of group PvP before and after I have to admit it's actually pretty good stuff. Even a 5v5 is far more intense than any round of NW I've ever been in, and I like the coordination it requires. You also need to be aware of multiple people and their actions at once, which is something I haven't had to do in... any of the time I've played since all I ever got to do is 1v1s. It's kind of nice stepping out of my comfort zone and group PvP, as well as a new skill setup are both proving interesting to play around with. I really hope to find more of it on my server so I can get used to my new setup and get better with group PvP situations.

I won't be TOO useful with giving advice on group stuff, but I could try since Dan's usually busy. Ask away, step right up for bad advice! b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
    edited July 2014
    Okay heres a Test run for u Zan

Make ur version of a BM pvp thread with all the new primal stuffs :P
    Team work is Flawless,

• Zanryu - Lothranis
    edited July 2014
    Okay heres a Test run for u Zan

Make ur version of a BM pvp thread with all the new primal stuffs :P

u wot m8.

Dan's the guide maker here, I'm just the guy who puts up vids now and then. That's so much work man
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
    edited July 2014
    LOL alright i asked u this once before i think make new vids of 1v1 with each and every other class about close to equally geared as u . no picking on noobs no fighting God modes . And state why u had uses certain Genie skills for each paticular fight. U can do eet \o/
    Team work is Flawless,

• Zanryu - Lothranis
    edited July 2014
    LOL alright i asked u this once before i think make new vids of 1v1 with each and every other class about close to equally geared as u . no picking on noobs no fighting God modes . And state why u had uses certain Genie skills for each paticular fight. U can do eet \o/

I actually just uploaded a 1v1 video of myself and one of the better skilled/geared Assassins on Archosaur.

Click here

I ran a Faith genie for this fight as I don't have a good Dex genie anyway, and Faith seems quite useful against Assassins. Balance sees no use in this fight as it has a high energy cost and would only provide a useful shield if I'm in Magic Marrow. I used Fortify and Will Surge based off the risk tied to the respective statuses they block. (If I Fortify would I die to a seal combo or if I block seal would I die to a stun?).

Whichever I was most vulnerable to is the one I would try to counter, and of course once stun had been used I'd go for the Will Surge. Fortify was also my go to option after a double spark if there was a large amount of time between the last time he used Cursed Jail.

Windshield saw a large amount of use as well in order to reduce damage. I tried to keep enough energy at all times to use an emergency Absolute Domain or break his lock and go for one of my own with Faith if the opportunity presented itself.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
    edited July 2014
    \o/ ty thats what we asking foe . Now get to b:laughwork and make a seperate thread we killing Dans thread with multy subjects etc. lol
    Team work is Flawless,

• Zanryu - Lothranis
    edited July 2014
    Hmmm just skimming over I see no guide to a group PvP genie, perhaps that's something Dan could add in at some point? Unless I missed it, which is possible since I have NW here in a sec and have to restart so I don't want to read through it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
    edited July 2014
    oh NAOOO u speakin my lingo Zan >.<

He only mention if TW non squishy bm at 105 Faith +AD no need for cloud or siphon if squishy AD and Chi skill , if NW Whirlwind and Mire AD+Faith if can or more or less same as TW.

Would LOVE to know whats best to equip on a 81 genie for Mass pvp.
    Team work is Flawless,

edited July 2014
    ITS PERFECT! \o/ TYVM! AWSOME!
    Team work is Flawless,

• TheDan - Sanctuary
    edited July 2014
    This is my ideal group PvP genie set up:

Faith lv 10
    Absolute Domain lv 10
    Balance lv 10
    Fortify lv 1
    Holy Path lv 10
    Tangling Mire lv 10
    Wind Shield lv 10
    Whirlwind lv 1

The reason being Faith > Cloud of Eruption is because Star Smite is good enough for chi generation in mass PvP and sustainability. Balance > Tree of Protection simply because of the damage absorption and anti stun, as well as no delayed defense. It can be used in cooperation with a quick IG, and often times when SOG'd or Nova'd magic marrow runs out, or purged, so the shield is huge and giving you enough time with the 6 second of immune stun to break out. Balance can also be used with Buddha guard.

Wind shield is a good low energy cost defense skill, Balance is a medium cost skill which roughly costs the same as Tree of Protection, and faith/AD are the high energy cost skills, which are good for their own separate reasons.

Tangling Mire is a great offensive skill, very low energy cost and is AoE for a big HF / Aoe Stun / etc and I like it more than Will Surge because it's more focused on squad damage than personal damage. In a 1v1 that may be different.

I'm about to upload my first PvP video in months, I've been very busy but check it out, it features a huge 80v80 TW video with my new genie. My survivability has tripled since the last video I posted, and you will see why the genie set up I've been using has been more effective.

edited July 2014
    Dan , Dat Genie is Godmode lol

Give a skill set for 71 and 81 genies lol and if Str /Dex or mag/vit prefered pls
    Team work is Flawless,

• TheDan - Sanctuary
    edited July 2014
    Dan , Dat Genie is Godmode lol

Give a skill set for 71 and 81 genies lol and if Str /Dex or mag/vit prefered pls

Faith genie requires a vit magic genie, the wind shield or tangling mire can be deleted if need be, but I honestly wouldn't bother leveling a genie to 105 if it's only 71lp, 81lp should be minimum.

edited July 2014
    gettin ready for NW not using my Str 81 genie cause i want to try my 71 dex one with the following..

1 AD
    2 Will Surge
    3 Windshield
    4 Holy Path
    5 Fortify
    6 Hearts of Steel * i cant see my squishy self without this skill does me wonders*
    Team work is Flawless,

• Zanryu - Lothranis
    edited July 2014
    Faith genie requires a vit magic genie, the wind shield or tangling mire can be deleted if need be, but I honestly wouldn't bother leveling a genie to 105 if it's only 71lp, 81lp should be minimum.

It broke my heart to do it with an 85 LP genie. Filthy sub-91 LP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
    edited July 2014
    Well went pretty damn good today with that dex genie i did miss 3 things Cloud Erupt, chi drain and Whirlwind but the survivalbilty was alot better today. used more tea then i prefered StarSmit and Farstrike helped some but i started to notice i was using pole more then i did axes lol.
    Team work is Flawless,