[Maintenance Discussion]-6-10-14 COMPLETE

Comments

• Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    These are just small ones but here we go... some UI stuff from Forsaken World mainly. b:chuckle

* Ability to link a location in chat and you can then autopath there
    * Add "Instance" to the quest types
    * Improved autosquad system that is easily available
    * Some sort of "temp. friend" section in your friendlist where you can see the people who have PMd you - if you get DCd, it's easy to find the squad leader's name again and so on.
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Sweetiebot find the manual patch
    The latest manual patch is here: Patch 790 - 791
    This is the newest one that's officially listed and I don't see anything newer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• healer009x
    healer009x Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Unbound item Unbound itemUnbound item
  • mrjerk
    mrjerk Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Hello everyone,

Tonight 6/10/14, there will be a maintenance starting at 11PM PDT - 2AM PDT.

Here is the time for all timezones: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140610T23&p1=224&ah=3

Patch Notes:

PWI Patch Notes v791 - Released June 10th, 2014

UI
    *The Seeker and Mystic now use the correct icons in the Power Rankings.
    *Genies no longer report the wrong maximum stamina value.

Localization
    *Many mount names have been slightly adjusted for consistency. Mounts upgraded with Spurs of Alacrity will always have the "Swift" prefix, and mounts updgraded with Galewind Spurs will always have the "Hurricane" prefix. All mounts now also maintain the same name when upgraded.
    **Quick Ancestral Kirin renamed Hurricane Ancestral Kirin.
    **Swift and Hurricane Darkspeeder renamed Swift and Hurricane Dark Charger.
    **Hurricane Kirin of Luck renamed Hurriane Kirin of Fortune.
    **Swift and Quick Onyx Jaguar renamed Swift and Hurricane Windsprint Panther.
    **Swift Pig of Joybringer renamed Swift Pigsly Pigsworth.
    **Hurricane Piggy Goodie renamed Hurricane Pigsly Pigsworth.
    **Swift and Hurricane Redspeeder renamed Swift and Hurricane Crimson Leaper.
    **Quick Sika Reindeer renamed Quick Sika Deer.
    **Quick Vicious Raptor renamed Hurricane Vicious Raptor.
    **The 8.0-speed version of Swift Whitewind has been renamed Whitewind to avoid confusion with the 9.0-speed version.

*The "Quick" tab in the Pet Manager's Mount Upgrade window has been renamed "Hurcan." for consistency.
    *Misc. grammatical fixes.

Maintenance Question: What feature, that you've seen in other mmo's, would you like to see in PWI. Bonus points if you can explain the benefits of said system/feature.
    Plz have a mog sale
  • tanchaos5
    tanchaos5 Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    SweetiBot can u please rely to my question, Post#34 and help me out??
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited June 2014
    tanchaos5 wrote: »
    SweetiBot can u please rely to my question, Post#34 and help me out??

Sweetiebot isn't affiliated with PWE and can't really tell you that. You did get a thread made for you in tech support, however.

Also, I suggest looking at the "Read here before posting" sticky and then update your post with extra information after going through it.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    edited June 2014
    OPKossy wrote: »

Sweetiebot isn't affiliated with PWE and can't really tell you that. You did get a thread made for you in tech support, however.
    I'm not sure about that. What do you think? Did I? I don't remember that. I think I need some more RAM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands

• God__himself - Archosaur
    God__himself - Archosaur Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited June 2014

Maintenance Question: What feature, that you've seen in other mmo's, would you like to see in PWI. Bonus points if you can explain the benefits of said system/feature.

In game attack sounds from your character like in TERAA: Online!!

(Apparently it's censored when I try to spell it correctly : ****: Online)

When your character also shouts and grunts when attacking or using skills.

More voice in combat and fighting that is POSSIBLE to turn off if people prefer to old style.

This would make my everyday grinding and dailies more fun and less zombie-like.b:laughb:thanks

PWI YouTube Channel: -> youtube.com/channel/UCTBXOoQ0a4Y2tXg8XnzvVBg

SweetHara lvl 105-105-103 SB -> mypers.pw/1.8/#141749

God__himself lvl 105-105-102 Cleric
  • mironellllll
    mironellllll Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    The most nice THINGS i ever saw in SILKROAD are pickup pets wich pick ur drops - they have SOME OPTIONS - GOLD ONLY - DQ ITEMS - ARMORS/WEAPONS/PENDANTS~
    Some of the points for implementing this :
    PWI CAN MAKE PICKUPPETS TO BE BUYED - TIME CAN BE ADDED TO THEM OR PERMANENTLY ~ PLAYERS CAN UPGRADE PICKUP PET INVENTORY TO BECOME BIGGER~
    IN SILKROAD THIS IS THE MOST BUYED ITEM FAR FROM OTHERS .
    IT IS TYME SENSITIVE - U CAN BUY A STONE AND EXTEND UR PET (WICH U BUY AS A PET ONCE ONLY ).
    WITH THIS I THINK PWI CAN MAKE MILIONS ~
    PLAYERS : WHO DOESNT WHANT TO ONLY HIT MOBS AND UR PET PICKUP EVERYTHING ?
    U MAKE TONS OF COINS !!!
  • fastjerkskitten
    fastjerkskitten Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Hello everyone,

Tonight 6/10/14, there will be a maintenance starting at 11PM PDT - 2AM PDT.

Here is the time for all timezones: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140610T23&p1=224&ah=3

Patch Notes:

PWI Patch Notes v791 - Released June 10th, 2014

UI
    *The Seeker and Mystic now use the correct icons in the Power Rankings.
    *Genies no longer report the wrong maximum stamina value.

Localization
    *Many mount names have been slightly adjusted for consistency. Mounts upgraded with Spurs of Alacrity will always have the "Swift" prefix, and mounts updgraded with Galewind Spurs will always have the "Hurricane" prefix. All mounts now also maintain the same name when upgraded.
    **Quick Ancestral Kirin renamed Hurricane Ancestral Kirin.
    **Swift and Hurricane Darkspeeder renamed Swift and Hurricane Dark Charger.
    **Hurricane Kirin of Luck renamed Hurriane Kirin of Fortune.
    **Swift and Quick Onyx Jaguar renamed Swift and Hurricane Windsprint Panther.
    **Swift Pig of Joybringer renamed Swift Pigsly Pigsworth.
    **Hurricane Piggy Goodie renamed Hurricane Pigsly Pigsworth.
    **Swift and Hurricane Redspeeder renamed Swift and Hurricane Crimson Leaper.
    **Quick Sika Reindeer renamed Quick Sika Deer.
    **Quick Vicious Raptor renamed Hurricane Vicious Raptor.
    **The 8.0-speed version of Swift Whitewind has been renamed Whitewind to avoid confusion with the 9.0-speed version.

*The "Quick" tab in the Pet Manager's Mount Upgrade window has been renamed "Hurcan." for consistency.
    *Misc. grammatical fixes.

i feature id like to see is available on mac
  • snarfsov
    snarfsov Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Server transfer stone would be great. Not to constantly switch servers which doesn't seem easy to realize, but just a once off. I love my char on Archosaur, but would want to transfer it to Morai.
    When I created this char, there was no Morai server yet and I invested so much time and effort in buildiing this char that I can't and won't start anew on Morai server.
    In connection with my time-zone, to be able to do all events/happenings at normal, decent times for me, that server transfer would be awesome.
  • Shayd - Raging Tide
    Shayd - Raging Tide Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    ''What feature, that you've seen in other mmo's, would you like to see in PWI. Bonus points if
    you can explain the benefits of said system/feature''

Server Transfers

I forgot everything else
    Mystic: 99 lvl (Main)
    Psychic: 96 lvl (Alt)
    Assassin: 78 lvl (Retired)
    Cleric: 75 lvl (Retired)

Big bumpy ride since 2008
  • Crones - Heavens Tear
    Crones - Heavens Tear Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    How about a npc that sells some of the stuff we need for our high end gears? sell like Vit gems and dot/dod and the other G11 Gems that's cant be combined. maybe some other things like the pack gears like lunar weapons and ornaments or the coveted crown of madness at a set price determined fair by PWE developing teams for our version not by what the other versions can make, too try and weed out some of the coin on the server. if people can buy the stuff you can get in packs, the people who buy packs just to sell the contents won't be able to sell them as high because the players could go to the npc and buy the stuff which would shove the gold down the drain instead of it further being circulated throughout the server, maybe this could bring a drop to gold price and get new players to come to the game and stay so it doesn't feel so pay to win, where they feel they have a chance to be something. This is suppose to be a virtual escape from the world. Things I wouldn't add to this npc would be like rep badges General summer tokens and Medals of glory, also anything bought from this said npc should be unable to be traded so people cant make money off it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    When you counter, you don't let them cut you...
    When you protect someone, you don't let them die...
    When you attack, KILL!!!!
    I've found my resolve.
  • UnbrokenWill - Archosaur
    UnbrokenWill - Archosaur Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited June 2014

Same sex relationships (eg. ME3). Benefits, can carry friends with us on mounts or flyers while questing, build chi with a friend instead of by some creepy dude thats going to kiss you even though you'd rather he didn't, less fascist, doesn't violate moral standards set in my country in regards to equality, human rights, etc. :)

ohh.. Id also like Arc to scroll side to side, not just up and down.. cuz I have to fill my screen with it to see what im writing and I prefer it as a mini-box. :)
  • Liveena - Heavens Tear
    Liveena - Heavens Tear Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited June 2014

- A real working GMs which monitors the game, including world chat, do I need to explain more?

- Armor customization and custom skins, some of the armor in game are really nice looking, but they are low level.

- An assassin type NPC which spawn on afk toon and battles/duels said afk toon. Some MMO have this feature and can really elimnate those afk players.
    Heaven Tear

Liveena 102/102/102 Demon Cleric
    Milfeena 103/102 Demon BM
    Silpheena 104/103/102 Sage R9S3 Seeker
    Cieleena 101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer
  • Servetje - Morai
    Servetje - Morai Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    A free commission shop and removal of aution house and gold auction house and cat shops.

And bring the gold auction into commisionshop. Legal buying and selling characters into the commisionshop too, and a real life money auction house.

Example you want 10.000 rapture crystals. Just press the hotkey for auction house and find 1000 players selling/buying rapture crystals and not look 2/3 hours into pwi world looking for 10.000 raptures.

Diablo 3 had a awesome auction house system.
  • Usuiwind - Archosaur
    Usuiwind - Archosaur Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Maintenance Question: What feature, that you've seen in other mmo's, would you like to see in PWI. Bonus points if you can explain the benefits of said system/feature.[/QUOTE]

PVP Tournament. where ppl 1 vs 1 with they lvl range whenever they want.
    not like nw and worldwide pvp where just multiplayerr kill one low lvl
  • Temeilion - Harshlands
    Temeilion - Harshlands Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I would like the Fishing skill,

And Cooking skill added,

All this water and no place to fish.

Let there be a slim chance of fishing up a chest, or old boot,

Quests and Lore would be nice..but there is no way they would translate any of that lore from Any Chineese mytho`s or history into anything the rest of the world could understand or relate too

There are tuns of quests all over the place..and very few make any sence to the story line and if anything just confuse people more

Also..Give us a Way to turn Off Mouse OVER info boxes....i know what my skills do..i dont need a 10 inch window popping up everytime my mouse hovers over the skill covering half the damn screen..u cant move it

If you want the hot key on the screen close to the center for easy of accesss then anytime your mouse is near the bar its over at least one skil...and you get an info box ...
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    edited June 2014
    The servers are now down! Everyone start panicking!
    Ohh wait, this happens every maintenance.

Here's the server status:

West Coast Servers:
    Sanctuary (PVE) (pwigc2.perfectworld.com): OFFLINE
    Heaven's Tear (PVE) (pwigc4.perfectworld.com): OFFLINE
    Lost City (PvP) (pwigc3.perfectworld.com): OFFLINE
    Archosaur (PvE) (pwiwest4.perfectworld.com): OFFLINE

East Coast Servers:
    Harshlands (PvP) (pwieast1.perfectworld.com): OFFLINE
    Dreamweaver (PvE) (pwieast2.perfectworld.com): OFFLINE
    Raging Tide (PvE) (pwieast3.perfectworld.com): OFFLINE

European Servers:
    Morai (PvE) (pwieu3.en.perfectworld.eu): OFFLINE
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Ooelectaoo - Heavens Tear
    Ooelectaoo - Heavens Tear Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    a botting system like another pwe game the one with lycans an vamps oh my

it is WAY more advanced and user friendly

mages can even 'cultivate' without spending a small fortune for a auto repot item..

u can pick and 'choose' what types of items you want to pick up. (ie u can pick u just coin, all, or u can just pick up (example) only 2*+ items) cuz we alllll know that its really stupid that wizzy/veno/cleric/mystic/psy's dont get to bot unless they have an auto repot its HIGHLY unfair to those that dont have a melee class)

having 'cultivation' realms.
    same mobs ppl grind on now, same drop rate, same exp, same everything, just put it in a map of its own.. AND along with said map make it have various realms. so if u wanna bot madtooths, but realm 1 is full, move to realm 2,3,4,....10.

THIS would get ppl off of quest mobs, and ppl without op gear can grind to better what they have
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Krazybm - Harshlands
    Krazybm - Harshlands Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    ii would like to see blacksmith ,craftsman ,tailor all near the forges nirv and tt (hh) also a mount with repair, sale, buy options(basic pots, rescrolls )from another game we all know lol
  • _Letholdus_ - Sanctuary
    _Letholdus_ - Sanctuary Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited June 2014

Housing system like in Ultima Online. Ability to place a house and customize it to your liking. Each house depending on the size of the house gives "lock downs" lets say you place a house that is 10x10 tiles and it has 1200 lock downs. You can drop items out of your bag on to the floor and use a command to lock it down so others are unable to pick it up unless you, the owner, uses the unlock command to release it. This will give ability to display items if you wanted like rare items or things you collect. Also ability to place chests and store the items in the chests. This works similar to a bank but give you more room then a bank. You can also share the house by making people friends or co-owners, you can set the level on chests to friend or co-owners so they can access the items as well. This will work great for sharing items across your 2 accounts. This will also bring in more abilities for new items like house deco. Houses also have the ability to ban people from the house or make it private so unwanted people are unable to enter.

If people become inactive, after 90 days of not logging in the house will go in to IDOC (In danger of collapsing) if the owner does not log in with in 7 days of their house turning to IDOC the house will fall and everything in it will drop to the ground enabling anyone to pick up.
  • tubdub
    tubdub Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Nice.
  • odieuxconnard
    odieuxconnard Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Put masks in fashion. Like this or this

Actually i like the spirit of getting a secret face :D
  • shashahah
    shashahah Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    as for maint question: theres 2 things i can think of atm

1) pick-pet: u kill, the pet picks up (its immune to dmg ofc); just as ur bot, u can tell the pet whether to just pick coins or all items

2) instant-mail: no 1h-delay upon sending mails (dont think this needs any explanation); 1h is just too long imo

oh, and a 3rd which i havent seen in an mmo tho, just came to my mind:
    instead of normal botting (cmon its just annoying if u cant get ur quests done cos of thos noobs with r999 max gear botting everywhere, some of them with 8 or more toons) u enter an own instance where u can select which mobs u want to have in there and set respawn time etc; there u can bot lets say for 6h a day (or pay a fee per hour, w/e, open for opinions there)

edit: what ive also seen in an mmo is that if u didnt like the look of ur armor, u could make it look like some other armor piece (therefore u needed the armor u wanted to "reshap", the one u wanted it to look like, and some mats/coins)
    however, in that game the armor itself looked pretty much like fashion; couldnt think of any armor in here that would look good enough to wear lolz

WHAT I WOULD WANT (lolz): make the current r999 look like the 2nd version of it (the one we'll probably never get; named the same and all, just different+fixed stats) [veno looks so sexy in it QQ]
    u can see what it looks like here
  • Genghiskhan - Heavens Tear
    Genghiskhan - Heavens Tear Posts: 321 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    How about less maintenance time? Or a little later in the night? Think about it, for instance on Heavens Tear - it's a "west coast" server, meaning its currently midnight. How about instead maintenance starts at 2 or 3 am server, going until 4-6 am?
  • madara2118
    madara2118 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014

I'd love a medival look for my character's armor b:dirty
    so +1 to evryone who said they'd like to see armor transitioned
  • Mhune - Heavens Tear
    Mhune - Heavens Tear Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    shashahah wrote: »
    1) pick-pet: u kill, the pet picks up (its immune to dmg ofc); just as ur bot, u can tell the pet whether to just pick coins or all items

I really like this idea. I had a pet that could pick up items with a one-time buy cash shop item. It was awesome. I really loved being able to constantly grind without having to spend time picking everything up (especially for really powerful aoe classes).
  • Xinnz - Heavens Tear
    Xinnz - Heavens Tear Posts: 175 Arc User
    edited June 2014

armour skin change, i.e r9s3 to look like r9s1/r9s2 b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    pwcalc.com/ea8859329e47bb43
    456 fashion items and counting
    #1 Adversity - tinyurl.com/Xinversity b:thanks
  • viaulia
    viaulia Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Maintenance Question: What feature, that you've seen in other mmo's, would you like to see in PWI. Bonus points if you can explain the benefits of said system/feature.[/QUOTE]

maybe > multi tab for arc browser
    > new illusion stone in other city
    > 2-5 basic badge drops for every second boss in ws and lunar b:victory

b:victory
This discussion has been closed.