Territory War Reset

GreenLegend - Archosaur
GreenLegend - Archosaur Posts: 343 Arc User
edited June 2014 in General Discussion
Hello all,

Territory Wars Reset

This is coming, hopefully later in May. We have to do a great deal in order to streamline this, but once we do, we hope we can get it back on track for it's regular scheduled time. We may even try doing it every 4 months, but we'd need a lot of community feedback on whether or not that is something they would like. At any rate, for now it will still run the usual 6 months.

So as stated by Sparkie, we would like much community feedback on 4 Month TW Resets.

Please state your opinions and give your feedback as to why this may or may not be a great idea, if not anything else.

My opinion on this is that this will create much more competition and activity among factions, especially for the smaller and the less "pay to win" factions.

From the end map results it seems that there are at least 1-3 dominating factions that leave the smaller ones helpless and the strong players flocking to the stronger TW factions leaving the smaller ones disabled to be able to compete when they may find joy in it.

6 Months, given 4 weeks each month, total of 24 weeks.
This gives the dominating faction(s) a chance to gain at least 24 territories out of a total 51, if not more if the 6 month reset is late.

Once reduced down to 4 month resets, given 4 weeks per month, total of 16 weeks; this will gradually enable lesser smaller factions to reach out and be able to obtain the benefits/fame that only territories may have.

This will also give a chance for some factions to obtain the reward for having the most land.

Over all, I believe that the 4 month resets may play a nice roll on the community satisfaction.
Dreams are just dreams...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by GreenLegend - Archosaur on

Comments

• trands
    trands Posts: 2
    edited June 2014
    I think 6 months is a good balance to give a fun period to the smaller factions while also ensuring a fun period to the big TW factions. If you make it shorter, there would be mainly (if not only) small scale battles and victory will become more based on out-bid tactics and such. I like the big battles. I'd prefer the season to be a bit longer, so the weeks cover over half of the map, ensuring a more interesting end result.

4 months will barely be enough to get to the interesting battles. I'm not really interested in being forced to either just wined TW a whole season or join a smaller faction to recreate a NW-like map. I like TW on big scale, with 60+ vs 60+ organized squads, teamwork and tactic. 30vs30 pvp with a cata rolling somewhere and some towers doesn't interest me.
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    trands wrote: »
    I think 6 months is a good balance to give a fun period to the smaller factions while also ensuring a fun period to the big TW factions. If you make it shorter, there would be mainly (if not only) small scale battles and victory will become more based on out-bid tactics and such. I like the big battles. I'd prefer the season to be a bit longer, so the weeks cover over half of the map, ensuring a more interesting end result.

4 months will barely be enough to get to the interesting battles. I'm not really interested in being forced to either just wined TW a whole season or join a smaller faction to recreate a NW-like map. I like TW on big scale, with 60+ vs 60+ organized squads, teamwork and tactic. 30vs30 pvp with a cata rolling somewhere and some towers doesn't interest me.
    This argument always comes out every time TW resets come around. And while I do understand it, it still rings a little hollow. Because TW is and has always been about the glory/rewards/bragging rights/etc. Therefore, the biggest factions are always going to swallow up the lands of the little factions in hopes of winning the season (not that the season rewards are worth winning) and more money.

And that's fine - that's an acceptable balance. But it does raise the question of why the big factions would care about a 4 month versus 6 month reset, if not for the money. If it was really about interesting fights, there's nothing stopping them from each holding 2-3 lands in the middle of the map and duking it out across each other's borders without even glancing at about the smaller factions. What difference would it make whether it was 4 months or 6 months, if they could get to the "good fights" just as quickly by positioning themselves next to each other at the start?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • trands
    edited June 2014
    This argument always comes out every time TW resets come around. And while I do understand it, it still rings a little hollow. Because TW is and has always been about the glory/rewards/bragging rights/etc. Therefore, the biggest factions are always going to swallow up the lands of the little factions in hopes of winning the season (not that the season rewards are worth winning) and more money.

And that's fine - that's an acceptable balance. But it does raise the question of why the big factions would care about a 4 month versus 6 month reset, if not for the money. If it was really about interesting fights, there's nothing stopping them from each holding 2-3 lands in the middle of the map and duking it out across each other's borders without even glancing at about the smaller factions. What difference would it make whether it was 4 months or 6 months, if they could get to the "good fights" just as quickly by positioning themselves next to each other at the start?

That's just poking yourself in the eyes and makes me wonder if you have actually have experience with officer/planning roles in big TW factions. The big TWs is something you work towards too. On each server there are those big guys loyal to a faction looking for the big fights, those big guys always changing factions, players in process of gearing up, winning team gamblers and less competitive players. With just that 1st group, you will not make a big TW faction. There is a minimum of time needed for all the moving particles on the server to place their bets on the possible competitors and to bet a decent force to oppose the previous number 1.
  • Jarkhen - Archosaur
    Jarkhen - Archosaur Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited June 2014

Because that requires the top-tier factions to collectively want that. If one of them wants to just win the season at all costs, they'll just go about their business swallowing the little guys anyway. With a shorter season, the amount of damage that can cause to smaller factions' ability to get decent TW is minimized.

As a strong advocate of smaller-tier TWs on a server where upper-tier TW is all but dead because the top faction has about 2x the firepower of the next three top factions combined, shorter seasons are clearly preferable.
    Current: http://mypers.pw/1.8/#133167
    105-103-102

TW/NW Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Axel3200

Some people get R93 and become another cookiecutter DD, other people get R93 and get called out as serious threats. At some point, it's just not about gear anymore. - Qui
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    TW map on HL atm is literally like 4 actual guilds, some guilds that are technically their own but rely heavily on alts, and then like ~10 alt guilds.

At this point, given the declining population, I'd honestly be in favor of 4 months in addition to limiting only level 1 guilds to bid the TW map just simply out of interest in keeping things more entertaining, but that ain't ever gonna happen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    That's just poking yourself in the eyes and makes me wonder if you have actually have experience with officer/planning roles in big TW factions.
    I'll be the first to admit that I don't, but I don't see how that invalidates my opinion. If anything, it just makes me see TW differently than you do.
    The big TWs is something you work towards too. On each server there are those big guys loyal to a faction looking for the big fights, those big guys always changing factions, players in process of gearing up, winning team gamblers and less competitive players. With just that 1st group, you will not make a big TW faction. There is a minimum of time needed for all the moving particles on the server to place their bets on the possible competitors and to bet a decent force to oppose the previous number 1.
    I get the appeal of intrigue and roster changes, but why do you need 20-30 lands to do it? If each of the top facs had 2-3 lands in the center, just enough to share borders with each other, the establishment of a "previous number 1" can just as easily be established by who wins the most fights between those lands. It won't stop you from being able to bid every week, so you won't have any fewer fights for it. And even if one of the facs decides not to honor the agreement and swallows up more land, what difference does it make? All you're after is a good fight, right? You can do it with one land, if you wanted.

EDIT: I want to clarify that I'm not saying that the top facs shouldn't be allowed or even encouraged to take more land in order to win the season. But if all you want is a good fight, it can happen at any time. So all we're really discussing here is why we need another 2 months before the smaller factions can participate again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited June 2014

I'm not exactly trying to shoot you down here (I'm actually in agreeance with much of your points on your post)

But you do realize that its already (even in the 6 month season) a highest bidder war??

Example:
    You wait till the last couple hours to put a '50mill bid' on an adjacent territory to your own (you actually need to expand and want to try for the territory) in the south of the map and then you find that a 'uber endgame fac' from the North end of the map decided to bid a '120 mill' bid on the same territory that your fac was trying for (when they didn't truly even need it (to even to link up any pre-existing territories) they just did it either because they wanted to begin to open up the southern end of the map to their control /or/ to force another uber fac, from the center of the map (that can actually cause them major problems on the tw map) to have them turn their attentions even more towards the south end, to prevent them from focusing on driving their ways up north and breaking up the '1st facs' held territories in the north of the map) with this short term flanking bid (which wasn't even meant to try for a serious long term territorial gain or holding) /or/ that the faction who outbids you, is simply trying to keep your own faction locked up in its limited area, so you can't even hope to expand out to any ajoining territories (and as such prevent you from make more money from TW holdings) or ever becoming an early threat to them in their attempts for bids for any of the cities on the TW map (So they keep you down by the 'choke out maneuver' and just simply str@ngles out your facs attempts at any growth rate in the TWs) until you finally realize that your own facs gonna have to bid on random territories throughout the entire map, so that they don't get the chance to realize that thats how your going to expand on the map (As your quickly Out bidding others who're bidding for those territories aswell, for the territorial gains) But by that time, the initial Uber Fac has already taken the cities they wanted early on, and now leaving you & the other facs to have to competitively bid on them, rather then them having to worry about a harder bidding war for the cities with even more factions early on)

And that's only part of the needed tactics that all good factions use, to truly establish themselves on the map early on during the restarted maps, so that ones own fac can be a long term power on the TW map...b:thanks

• Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I'd be up for it. At least for a test run and see how it goes.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • GreenLegend - Archosaur
    edited June 2014
    Aside from TW Faction tactics on how to gain more land, Let's try to stick to the original post at hand as to WHY or WHY NOT a 4 Month Reset would be a good idea or not. :)

It seems most like the idea of 4 month.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Aside from TW Faction tactics on how to gain more land, Let's try to stick to the original post at hand as to WHY or WHY NOT a 4 Month Reset would be a good idea or not. :)

True enough, I guess that I did kinda get side tracked a bit on that part... Lolzzz

My Apologies...

But back to your thread subject >> I actually said yes for the 4 month season (even though I do agree with the other poster on alot of their points) and the reason was a simple-1 "I'd rather see more factions (even the smaller 1's) get more chances for map time in the TWs, because I'd rather fight more random fights (with other newer facs) then always having to face only a handful of Mainstays on the map for a longer period of time (during the 6 month season) the infusion of new blood getting more times to be able to go into TW seems much more lively & entertaining to me, plus its also fairer to the smaller facs, instead of seeing them constantly sidelined from the end of month-2 and beyond throughout the remaining 4 months of the season, while the Uber facs wail away at each other on the then locked up maps"

So I'm for it, if it were to happen... b:thanks
  • Temeilion - Harshlands
    Temeilion - Harshlands Posts: 256 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I Agree with Eoria ..its already over for the big factions on some servers because lack of population has lead to a lack of new power players

i say lets try 4 month resets and see if it helps promote smaller faction growth, yes those wars are far less entertaing for the True seasoned Vets, but its whats needed for newer players to get a love for larger battles as well

The past was to support only the push for total dominance..and that was fun for many years but its killed the bottom end of there game because 90% of current servers player base only gets to exp TW the first few weeks of the season

with Shorter seasons the Top factions with something to Prove vs any up comming rivals will have to get to it earlier in the season to make there point, and the ones with nothing to prove and no competition wont get to hold half the map each season for little to no effort..

Its a decent place to start..another would be for some of these higher lvl and geared players to leave there OP factions...and help these smaller factions lvl up and get there g16 sets

On PvP servers especially..every now then The Hunter has to protect and help there future Prey..or end up with none...

Its not like these 1st rebirth non g16`s can get a ws groups to earn badges these days..even more since the Upgrade to the zone mobs which has given them all JEDI powers, like every mob in there can throw u in the air 50 feet..seal u up there 4-5 times before u ever come down..resetting the entire group of mobs, or if really lucky push you over the Pav and make u run back .

All i can say is Take a season off....dust off your alts..and join a newb faction...share your knowledge wih the summer seasons kids..help them lvl up and get g16..and im betting this fall..most would see a huge difference in activity.

Dont wait for PWI to fix this mess...its summer time..new kids are playing this game all over the place..get out there..be OP and help them get addicted like we are..lol
  • trands
    edited June 2014
    I get the appeal of intrigue and roster changes, but why do you need 20-30 lands to do it? If each of the top facs had 2-3 lands in the center, just enough to share borders with each other, the establishment of a "previous number 1" can just as easily be established by who wins the most fights between those lands. It won't stop you from being able to bid every week, so you won't have any fewer fights for it. And even if one of the facs decides not to honor the agreement and swallows up more land, what difference does it make? All you're after is a good fight, right? You can do it with one land, if you wanted.

I think you highly underestimate the importance of the moving players and alliances during a season. Getting right next to eachother with the top 2 factions will just declare a winner over the first 1~3 fights, with the edge to the previous TW winner. The core group of a faction won't generate the numbers they put on the field, it's a mix that also includes map presence that makes ppl join a limited number of big TW factions and then the season actually gets interesting imo.

The small factions are just as much after money as the big ones. The main difference between them is that the big TW factions have the organisation and motivated ppl to get to the big scale TW. The small ones just don't, it's not their main interest. I think the map would be covered by 4~5 big factions that just roll small ones, instead of 2~3 as implied by the current duration. It will be the same ppl so smaller scaled TWs which is a pitty imo. Those small factions are and will be rolled of the map by 1 experienced squad anyway. Multiplying the number of those squads will not make TW more interesting for start but will make it more dull for the end. Having those small factions involved in ganks is way more interesting.

It's just my opinion, but I really hope they won't make it shorter. I've done some TWs with alts in those smaller factions at the beginning of the season. I don't find those very attractive. Introducing seasons was a nice gesture to the smaller factions, but I hope they won't push it to far.

I think you also underestimate the importance of the start of the season to reshuffle the cards for the next round. Imo it's a main reason not to have to short TW seasons.
  • GreenLegend - Archosaur
    edited June 2014

...the big TW factions have the organisation and motivated ppl to get to the big scale TW. The small ones just don't, it's not their main interest. ... Those small factions are and will be rolled of the map by 1 experienced squad anyway. Multiplying the number of those squads will not make TW more interesting for start but will make it more dull for the end. Having those small factions involved in ganks is way more interesting.

It's just my opinion, but I really hope they won't make it shorter. I've done some TWs with alts in those smaller factions at the beginning of the season. I don't find those very attractive. Introducing seasons was a nice gesture to the smaller factions, but I hope they won't push it to far.

So here's my 2 cents to what's quoted above.

First off, how shall others gain experience when larger factions wont invite certain select people or are just too full to invite? Those people will have no choice but to join another faction, possibly a smaller faction. Those "experienced squads"are already multiplied in one or two dominating factions, therefore it has become dull.

Also, as far as I recall, getting ganked is not fun; if a smaller faction , possibly less experienced, tries to gank they will just be masacred and gain absoultely nothing from it.

You your self are saying "Having those small factions involved in ganks is way more interesting." So how can small factions be involved when their moral has been crushed by power and experience? Unless you're an alt faction then its just boring because it's still the same powerful experienced players/factions who are gaining nothing but a tatic to take over. With a shorter season, it's possible to have smaller factions get their "foot in the door" then a true gank can be applied with new and more people.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FaceRolI - Sanctuary
    FaceRolI - Sanctuary Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    The entire purpose of map resets is to keep TW interesting. The reset time should therefore help promote interesting TWs.

why not have tw map reset every 2 months? why not every 3 weeks? that would be so fun/interesting...

4 months would be ~16 weeks... there are ~50-60 lands on the map. the most tw dominant faction on server would barely have 1/4 of the map, at most. it will be even more common for weaker factions to "win" TW season, but then again who really cares about winning TW season anyways..

Decreasing the time between resets increases the amount of time/season spent on pve or "boring" TWs. lets just assume it takes 3 weeks for strong TW factions (or even factions of similar level) to reach each other after a reset (of course this number varies). a 3 week reset time would result in zero or almost zero interesting TWs, a 4 month reset would result in ~20% of the TWs being just "fillers" to reach an opponent this sounds not so interesting...

The main argument against 6 month tw season is that it is too long/the map becomes stale due to the emergence of 1 dominant faction.

assuming that there is just 1 TW dominant faction on a server (sad) 6 month reset would mean they would have 1/2 the map at most by the END of the season. leaving 1/2 if not more than 1/2 of the map for other factions. again it would take the entire 6 month season to even get to 1/2 the map, meaning that for most of the time there would be more lands available for other factions.

if there are several tw factions of similar strength (yay) they should obviously fight each other which would help balance the map out. if they decide to just sit on their lands toget $$ they are obviously pussies and faction bank funds are probably unevenly distributed to a few players and that faction should fall apart due to greed. if not then their players are probably too stupid, and there is not much you can do about stupid >_>

This is not meant to be insulting but as a community (not even including PWE staff) we tend to make pretty poor decisions overall... (look at all the lets have 2x drops threads atm..) I don't think a 4 month reset will promote more interesting TW's than our current 6 (lol jk since PWE can't keep track of time) month reset time.

The root of the problem (lack of interesting TWs), is not grounded in TW season time, so I don't think changing the reset time will help. The game is just way too imbalanced in terms of how Teamwork - Gear - Skill - and effort contribute to result. (guess which one matters too much now)
    full r999 91% chan wizzy b:kiss

Current build: pwcalc.com/bf1f46790766e26d
    LuLz: pwcalc.com/20f3fa96ab3c4dc0
  • Peccable - Raging Tide
    Peccable - Raging Tide Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    two words:

SERVER MERGE

inb4 'severmerge is technically not possible' bs
  • Proski - Archosaur
    Proski - Archosaur Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    So here's my 2 cents to what's quoted above.

First off, how shall others gain experience when larger factions wont invite certain select people or are just too full to invite? Those people will have no choice but to join another faction, possibly a smaller faction. Those "experienced squads"are already multiplied in one or two dominating factions, therefore it has become dull.

Also, as far as I recall, getting ganked is not fun; if a smaller faction , possibly less experienced, tries to gank they will just be masacred and gain absoultely nothing from it.

You your self are saying "Having those small factions involved in ganks is way more interesting." So how can small factions be involved when their moral has been crushed by power and experience? Unless you're an alt faction then its just boring because it's still the same powerful experienced players/factions who are gaining nothing but a tatic to take over. With a shorter season, it's possible to have smaller factions get their "foot in the door" then a true gank can be applied with new and more people.

Ideally there would be NO map reset. For all intents and purposes, TW is a community strengthening feature because it places a moral imperative for those people that want organized PvP.

A dwindling amount of lands is a good thing because it forces people to reconcile their differences and come together in order to contribute to a greater cause. It's less about going where you are comfortable and more about humbling yourself to the server's needs.

In theory in works, but you're right that it doesn't quite pan out that way. But that is because of one fundamental flaw that everyone overlooks: THERE AREN'T ENOUGH PLAYERS

As it stands, the top factions (be they 2, or 3) can eat up enough well-geared players and put them on reserves, where they otherwise would have had to go into a THIRD or FOURTH or FIFTH best faction with players such as YOURSELF if they wanted to experience TW.

It's akin to basic free market principles if you think about it, but the system has horrible rules/guidelines so we never get to see the real potential of TW, 7 or 8 factions all vying for strength. Sanctuary is the only server that comes to mind that ever had like 4 factions going at it. Of course there were two dominant factions, but the point is the flow of players reaching end game + member cap restrictions on factions would eventually address that issue.

The solution is sooooooooooooo simple. MERGE THE SERVERS -OR- lower the guild cap to 125-150 members and voila, we will automatically have conditions for TW's infinitely better than the past 4 years.

PWE, just hire me already and I'll double your profit margins by the end of the year.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    lower the guild cap to 125-150 members

I would honestly lower it even further. If I wanted to, I could kick enough alts and people that don't play anymore to make those numbers easily.

50-ish would basically leave no room for alts and get quite a few guilds going.

Or we can just avoid that entirely with a server merge.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • trands
    edited June 2014
    First off, how shall others gain experience when larger factions wont invite certain select people or are just too full to invite? Those people will have no choice but to join another faction, possibly a smaller faction.

If you are on an over-crowded server that only has 1 TW faction, I'm doubting you are being objective. How to gain experience ? Normally you start at the bottom and then go up. The place to actually get experience is inside the big 80vs80 TWs, not the 20vs20 ones. "Can't enter", I bet you didn't even apply b:bye Out of the 5 TW experienced factions on Morai, none has a "r9.3 or gtfo" policy.
    Those "experienced squads"are already multiplied in one or two dominating factions, therefore it has become dull.

Dull for who? I like the big TWs and your suggestion is to totally erase them just for small factions to get easy coins. TW is a 80vs80 map with 4+ cata's each side.

Small ones follow the big ones to gank a strong one. Forcing them to split up and possibly give the best fight a small faction can wish for vs a big faction (possibly cause of time slot luck).
    You your self are saying "Having those small factions involved in ganks is way more interesting." So how can small factions be involved when their moral has been crushed by power and experience? Unless you're an alt faction then its just boring because it's still the same powerful experienced players/factions who are gaining nothing but a tatic to take over.

Yes, ganks are interesting. Splitting up forces to defend a maximum of lands is fun, and it's the only way for small factions to face experienced TW with a chance of it being equal in force overall. Please don't forget that a gank on a big faction is the choice of the smaller one. Your question has no valid existence.

With a shorter season, it's possible to have smaller factions get their "foot in the door" then a true gank can be applied with new and more people.

The only factions that will get their "foot in the door" are factions that have a fair chance of doing that anyway from the start. A shorter season won't get you more TW-motivated players on the server. It will just divide them over 4 to 5 factions instead of 2 to 3. Those 4~5 will have less interesting battles as none will ever reach even 60+ ppl anymore, while the small non-TW factions are being rolled of just as easily and just as fast. The ones that get "their foot in the door" will be at the cost of some other TW faction but not at the benefit of some small faction.

Factions attract players with the same interest. It's only normal that big TW factions that have officers putting time in planning a season, building squads and form squad leaders attract players that are motivated for TW, while small factions who do not put in that effort won't.
  • HideYoHubby - Archosaur
    HideYoHubby - Archosaur Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited June 2014

The solution is sooooooooooooo simple. MERGE THE SERVERS -OR- lower the guild cap to 125-150 members and voila, we will automatically have conditions for TW's infinitely better than the past 4 years.

I would support less people in faction if amount of ppl in TW is also lessened. I kinda like 60 ppl per side in TW if there is no merges, it would instantly balance Archosaur by a lot and in theory make ppls TWs more fun. 80 vs 80 TWs are too large for the playerbase we got.
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/103/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#132088 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
  • Proski - Archosaur
    Proski - Archosaur Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I would honestly lower it even further. If I wanted to, I could kick enough alts and people that don't play anymore to make those numbers easily.

50-ish would basically leave no room for alts and get quite a few guilds going.

Or we can just avoid that entirely with a server merge.
    I would support less people in faction if amount of ppl in TW is also lessened. I kinda like 60 ppl per side in TW if there is no merges, it would instantly balance Archosaur by a lot and in theory make ppls TWs more fun. 80 vs 80 TWs are too large for the playerbase we got.

right, I personally would go lower too, it has tremendous upside and virtually 0 downside, besides ganks being way more effective but that is a nonissue anyway.

as it stands now, it doesn't make sense that for any one tw, 60% of your faction is basically a bench rotting away unused - those players, whether inactives, weaker geared members, or alts, could be having far more fun somewhere else if only they had viable options.

it should be the other way around, with at least 60% of your faction needing to show up to fill max TW capacity, that makes each individual in each respective faction that much more significant and valuable to his or her faction, whether they have good gear or not. that's the kind of change this game needs.

its really just all about getting more players, whether you inflate that number by tweaking the TW/guild caps, or, depending on how many servers they merged, you could just keep the 200 player cap and it would still work beautifully.