Gear Plan Advice

Options
caius775
caius775 Posts: 83 Arc User
edited June 2014 in Assassin
So I've been thinking for a very long time what toon to r9 and i finally decided I'll work on r9ing a "sage sin". My question is (is there any advice you care to share how I go about that? Like goals i should follow ect.) I currently have +5 tt99 LA boots and wrist and lion heart orns. I'm 1/4th done with rep for r8 and need g15 legs and dags but idk what daggers i should save for like g13 or shoot for double int g15/g16 dags. What order do I go to accomplish this? including helpful sage skills for that matter and once i have the cookie cutter set now what? Should I shoot for r9 at this point? or what?

I know all that looks jumbled up, but im lost here on how to spend coin wisely heck even acquiring the coin is a bother as well. Much love if you guys can help me out here.
Post edited by caius775 on

Comments

• WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    No assassins actually answering so ill try.

First of all, R9 costs about 800 gold or 2.000.000.000 - 3.000.000.000 coins depending on your servers gold price. Reading your post makes me think you are far away from this. It will probably take years to get there.

However, if r9 really is your ambition, it is wise to try and get as many parts tradable now as possible so that you are not wasting money but instead have your gear as part of your r9 savings. You can sell them later when you are ready to buy r9.

For the armors it is clear what you need. Putting them in the order of price:

-0.05 TM lunar cape (32m) (not tradable but you will use it with your r9)
    -0.05 myriad blossom pants (40m) (tradable)
    -0.10 R8 body armor (100m for the reputation) (not tradable but virtually all the cost is in rep which you need anyway)

Choosing when to get those however depends on external factors. Get the TM cape when you find someone selling TM runs for you. Get the R8 when rep is on sale again. As it has been on sale recently, it will probably be so again 2-3 months from now.

On top of that, you want either a dagger with -interval and possibly a pan gu tome. A pan gu tome costs something between 400m and 600m coins and a G16 dagger will cost about the same by the time you refined it to +10.

Now those G16 daggers are made from lower level daggers. (G13-G15-G16). Those lower level daggers come in tradable and non tradable types. The G16 will be tradable or non tradable just like the lower level dagger it is made from.
    • G13 weapons cost about 30-45m (the tradable more than the untradable)
    • Upgrading from G13 to G15 costs about 10m
    • UPgrading from G15 to G16 costs about 50m
    • Getting -int on your G16 costs about 40m
    • Refining your weapon from 0 to +6 costs about 40m
    • Refining your weapon from 6 to +10 costs about 400m

The problem is that the tradable G13 dagger has no interval. The non tradable one has -0.10.

The dark death thorn is the non tradable G13 dagger has -0.10 interval. not very expensive 30m or so without refines. Most sins start out with this weapon and upgrade it to G16. It will however remain untradable and thus if you do this, it probably ends up a 400-600m waste of coins. You could choose to use this dagger until you get your R9, but since it is going to take a long time to get your R9, it is highly unlikely you will remain satisfied that long with a low refined G13 weapon.

A less cheap option is to buy a +10 refined, tradable G15 dagger. These weapons are still around from the time that was the top weapon available. They are not anymore so wanted because G16 is superior. However, when they are upgraded to G16, they lose their refinements so thats a waste, therefore players who upgrade prefer to sell these weapons instead and then buy their G16 or R9. For a price between 100m and 200m you can probably buy this weapon. It can have single or double -int (0.05 or 0.10) This G15 weapon might not be the top of the bill, but it is quite decent and not that much inferior to G16. It is however a lot of money you need to gather to buy this item and what do you have to use until then ?

Or you can start with unconsciousness. The tradable G12/G13 dagger. It has however no -int so you will need to upgrade it to asap. Alternatively, you can straight away buy a tradable G16 dagger. But then again you have the problem that it is a big investment and what are you using until you get it ?

Click this link to see the recipes to upgrade weapons. Bookmark that webpage, it is a very important source if information.
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    No assassins actually answering so ill try.

First of all, R9 costs about 800 gold or 2.000.000.000 - 3.000.000.000 coins depending on your servers gold price. Reading your post makes me think you are far away from this. It will probably take years to get there.

However, if r9 really is your ambition, it is wise to try and get as many parts tradable now as possible so that you are not wasting money but instead have your gear as part of your r9 savings. You can sell them later when you are ready to buy r9.

For the armors it is clear what you need. Putting them in the order of price:

-0.05 TM lunar cape (32m) (not tradable but you will use it with your r9)
    -0.05 myriad blossom pants (40m) (tradable)
    -0.10 R8 body armor (100m for the reputation) (not tradable but virtually all the cost is in rep which you need anyway)

Choosing when to get those however depends on external factors. Get the TM cape when you find someone selling TM runs for you. Get the R8 when rep is on sale again. As it has been on sale recently, it will probably be so again 2-3 months from now.

On top of that, you want either a dagger with -interval and possibly a pan gu tome. A pan gu tome costs something between 400m and 600m coins and a G16 dagger will cost about the same by the time you refined it to +10.

Now those G16 daggers are made from lower level daggers. (G13-G15-G16). Those lower level daggers come in tradable and non tradable types. The G16 will be tradable or non tradable just like the lower level dagger it is made from.
    • G13 weapons cost about 30-45m (the tradable more than the untradable)
    • Upgrading from G13 to G15 costs about 10m
    • UPgrading from G15 to G16 costs about 50m
    • Getting -int on your G16 costs about 40m
    • Refining your weapon from 0 to +6 costs about 40m
    • Refining your weapon from 6 to +10 costs about 400m

The problem is that the tradable G13 dagger has no interval. The non tradable one has -0.10.

The dark death thorn is the non tradable G13 dagger has -0.10 interval. not very expensive 30m or so without refines. Most sins start out with this weapon and upgrade it to G16. It will however remain untradable and thus if you do this, it probably ends up a 400-600m waste of coins. You could choose to use this dagger until you get your R9, but since it is going to take a long time to get your R9, it is highly unlikely you will remain satisfied that long with a low refined G13 weapon.

A less cheap option is to buy a +10 refined, tradable G15 dagger. These weapons are still around from the time that was the top weapon available. They are not anymore so wanted because G16 is superior. However, when they are upgraded to G16, they lose their refinements so thats a waste, therefore players who upgrade prefer to sell these weapons instead and then buy their G16 or R9. For a price between 100m and 200m you can probably buy this weapon. It can have single or double -int (0.05 or 0.10) This G15 weapon might not be the top of the bill, but it is quite decent and not that much inferior to G16. It is however a lot of money you need to gather to buy this item and what do you have to use until then ?

Or you can start with unconsciousness. The tradable G12/G13 dagger. It has however no -int so you will need to upgrade it to asap. Alternatively, you can straight away buy a tradable G16 dagger. But then again you have the problem that it is a big investment and what are you using until you get it ?

Click this link to see the recipes to upgrade weapons. Bookmark that webpage, it is a very important source if information.

1 No one does TM anymore since Pw doesnt offer that option after New horizon Expansion.

2 Dark Death thorn is not G13 is G15 dags and depends on luck if you get interval. f you get it its only -0.05 not -0.10.

3 Barrier thorn nirvana is the G13 non treadable daggers with -0.10 interval

4 Sins start with G13 barrier thorn nirvana, upgrade to G15 Dark death thorn then make G16 Netherworld guidance based on Twilight temple, at lunar forges.
    giphy.gif

• Verenor - Morai
    Verenor - Morai Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    1 No one does TM anymore since Pw doesnt offer that option after New horizon Expansion.

2 Dark Death thorn is not G13 is G15 dags and depends on luck if you get interval. f you get it its only -0.05 not -0.10.

3 Barrier thorn nirvana is the G13 non treadable daggers with -0.10 interval

4 Sins start with G13 barrier thorn nirvana, upgrade to G15 Dark death thorn then make G16 Netherworld guidance based on Twilight temple, at lunar forges.

@1. He is talking about Lunar TM (32mil = 4mil per run when buying the service from OP players)

@2. G13 Barrier Thorn nirvana
    G15 Dark Death Thorn
    Getting -0.05 interval on G15 is very easy if you just do Nation Wars, easily 10 rerolls per NW (when you start doing them at lv60 to lv99, ofc other people are getting a lot more), double interval isn't even that rare on them.

@4. Based on Twilight Temple at Lunar Forges? TT-based weapons are forged at the TT forges near Nirvana Palace as far as I remember. Lunar Forges is only for Lunar-based weapons. Aka G15 Netherworld Guidance and G13 Unconsciousness·Nirvana which are never bound.
  • bloodedone87
    edited May 2014
    Options
    @1. He is talking about Lunar TM (32mil = 4mil per run when buying the service from OP players)

@2. G13 Barrier Thorn nirvana
    G15 Dark Death Thorn
    Getting -0.05 interval on G15 is very easy if you just do Nation Wars, easily 10 rerolls per NW (when you start doing them at lv60 to lv99, ofc other people are getting a lot more), double interval isn't even that rare on them.

@4. Based on Twilight Temple at Lunar Forges? TT-based weapons are forged at the TT forges near Nirvana Palace as far as I remember. Lunar Forges is only for Lunar-based weapons. Aka G15 Netherworld Guidance and G13 Unconsciousness·Nirvana which are never bound.

If you go and click on lunar forges there is an option called T.Temple were you can make G16 netherworld guidance using Dark death thorn, mold for netherworld guidance , EoO and badges. thats Lunar daggers based on twilight temple. Of course you must not equip dark death thorn if you want someone else to craft t it for you. i dont know if you can craft it yourself even if you equip it or not.

On RT server i dont think i ve seen anyone offering TM Lunar after New horizon expansion.
    giphy.gif

• caius775
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Thank you all for the useful information, that's a lot to consider. Although today I did get kinda discouraged. Yeah im going sage and yes It will be my main toon so all investments goes towards that, but obviously I won't get it over night and it will take time. So that means a lot of time in pve farming and what not. What bothers me is that i was told today that that sage sins are trash in pve ( I disagree) but it's still a let down cause I'll need pve (tt/ws) to bring in income. Anyone can shed light on this? Will my solo'ning performance be drastically nerfed vs demon or will it be the same? Just sage path takes a bit more coin of course to perform these farming activities.
  • Narcillatrix - Dreamweaver
    Narcillatrix - Dreamweaver Posts: 461 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    My sin is demon so I'm not a sage sin pro, but whoever said sage sins are trash in pve is looking at the wrong sins. To each their own opinion, but sage has its advantages over demon in pve as well as pk, and vice versa depending on what you want.

I'll add my input from what I've seen and heard from sage sins in regards to pve. At the start, the farming route as a sage sin might be slightly more rocky and expensive than a demon, but I don't think you would have a hard time. Demon's spark gives them the aps, but sage spark gives you the damage reduction. Both sides of the coin work just fine. It's just sages might take slightly longer farming than a demon.

But as you level, gear up, get your sage skills, rebirth etc etc. it really doesn't matter as no matter what path you choose you can melt anything's face off in regards to pve content.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DionDagger - Dreamweaver
    DionDagger - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    If you go and click on lunar forges there is an option called T.Temple were you can make G16 netherworld guidance using Dark death thorn, mold for netherworld guidance , EoO and badges. thats Lunar daggers based on twilight temple. Of course you must not equip dark death thorn if you want someone else to craft t it for you. i dont know if you can craft it yourself even if you equip it or not.

On RT server i dont think i ve seen anyone offering TM Lunar after New horizon expansion.

This is just so wrong, and you have no idea what you are talking about.

The forge in Lunar is the make G16 not lunar. They offer 2 kinds because there are 2 kinds of g16, TT & Lunar respectively.

G12 Lunar(Unconsciousness)-->G13 Lunar(Unconsciousness-Nirvana)--->G15 Lunar(Netherworld Guidence)-->G16 Lunar(Netherworld Guidence)

G12 TT(Barrierthorn-Gutbreaker)-->G13 TT (Barrierthorn-Nirvana)-->G15 TT (Dark Death Thorn)-->G16 TT (Netherworld Guidence)

As you can see even though the g16 has the same name as the lunar set, the TT set will still be untradable. The TT based G16 will remain bind upon equip. Also G16 does not require any crafting skills. GG.
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    edited May 2014
    Options
    caius775 wrote: »
    Thank you all for the useful information, that's a lot to consider. Although today I did get kinda discouraged. Yeah im going sage and yes It will be my main toon so all investments goes towards that, but obviously I won't get it over night and it will take time. So that means a lot of time in pve farming and what not. What bothers me is that i was told today that that sage sins are trash in pve ( I disagree) but it's still a let down cause I'll need pve (tt/ws) to bring in income. Anyone can shed light on this? Will my solo'ning performance be drastically nerfed vs demon or will it be the same? Just sage path takes a bit more coin of course to perform these farming activities.

The person saying sins are trash in pve was probably just trying troll you. He may have been inspired though by the newest 2 instances where bosses are aps resistant. This caused sins to go from being the best DDs (only closely followed by APS barbs/BMs and leaving every other toon far behind) to a pretty poor one, maybe even competing for last place.

While that is true however, the instances where you will be farming for an income are not APS resistant. This farming is totally dominated by APS toons. Demon sins will have a little better damage output that sage ones, but the defence from sage spark is valuable too. And you can use a genie skill to help increase your APS dmg a little. On the total run the difference in farming speed shouldnt be that big.
  • bloodedone87
    edited May 2014
    Options
    This is just so wrong, and you have no idea what you are talking about.

The forge in Lunar is the make G16 not lunar. They offer 2 kinds because there are 2 kinds of g16, TT & Lunar respectively.

G12 Lunar(Unconsciousness)-->G13 Lunar(Unconsciousness-Nirvana)--->G15 Lunar(Netherworld Guidence)-->G16 Lunar(Netherworld Guidence)

G12 TT(Barrierthorn-Gutbreaker)-->G13 TT (Barrierthorn-Nirvana)-->G15 TT (Dark Death Thorn)-->G16 TT (Netherworld Guidence)

As you can see even though the g16 has the same name as the lunar set, the TT set will still be untradable. The TT based G16 will remain bind upon equip. Also G16 does not require any crafting skills. GG.

Yes you are right. Did some search on PW Database and I,ve seen there are two different weapons. Didnt watch the attack (685-1028 for the lunar G16) and (754-1131 for TT G16) . Thats why i thought its only one weapon G16 not 2.

But it wouldnt be cheap and faster to make TT G16 instead of making Lunar G16?

Ty for showing me I was wrong.
    giphy.gif

• WannaBM - Archosaur
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Yes you are right. Did some search on PW Database and I,ve seen there are two different weapons. Didnt watch the attack (685-1028 for the lunar G16) and (754-1131 for TT G16) . Thats why i thought its only one weapon G16 not 2.

But it wouldnt be cheap and faster to make TT G16 instead of making Lunar G16?

Ty for showing me I was wrong.

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/34779

1 weapon with bound or not bound status. You can see on the bottom part of this page the sources how it can be made from different sources.

Yes it would be cheaper since the G13 base version for TT is 10-15m cheaper than the lunar. However if you consider that you spend 600m before you have a +10 G16 dagger with -int, that 10-15m is insignificant.
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Going sage has its perks and drawbacks

First, you are going to be able to solo instances that would cream an equally undergeared demon sin, because of sage invoke buff and tidal

On the other hand, by the time your gears reach adequacy demon spark allows demons to wear much better gear, so demon outstrips sage again

Either way you will want:

Pan Gu tome
    TT99 LA bracers/boots (Ashura's)
    G15 Lunar pants (Myriad Blossom Greaves)
    TT G13 nirvana daggers (Barrier Thorn * Nirvana) <-- this is so cheap that you should just grab it, +5 it, and easily buy a better weapon (Lunar G16) with ease. Then you can carry it around and use it for chi on npc's
    TT G16 hat ->Your best hat to get for R9 or aps
    Lunar Radiance cape (expensive but resellable, better refine than TM cape)
    R8 chest (Buy a new one every day until you get 4 sockets; 1mil per reroll is easy)

Suggested decent setup http://pwcalc.com/07ba383911f09563

In pve ofc; pvp, sage sin can tank entire squads, demon cannot without major luck.
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • caius775
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Again, thank you all for the useful information very much appreciated. Highly motivated about my sin I already have half my sage books even bp. Gear wise I have "exactly this http://pwcalc.com/ac05dab317bd597d I'm now working on R8 (60k rep atm). Once I have that Should i aim for a double -int/ sac strike g15 dags next or go for g16 1 -int g16 dags (being realistic) or save up for a pan gu? Again I want to thank you all for the help and support. Also could be useful for other new comer sins in my position.
  • skullterror
    skullterror Posts: 44
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Again, thank you all for the useful information very much appreciated. Highly motivated about my sin I already have half my sage books even bp. Gear wise I have "exactly this http://pwcalc.com/ac05dab317bd597d I'm now working on R8 (60k rep atm). Once I have that Should i aim for a double -int/ sac strike g15 dags next or go for g16 1 -int g16 dags (being realistic) or save up for a pan gu? Again I want to thank you all for the help and support. Also could be useful for other new comer sins in my position.

Better start working for Full T3 or R9rr. I heard sins aps days are gone.
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Better start working for Full T3 or R9rr. I heard sins aps days are gone.

You shouldnt listen to to idiots.
  • DionDagger - Dreamweaver
    DionDagger - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options

Go with the g16 .05 int. G16 has a higher chance of getting int than g15, and even with gof, g16 still out dd's it when gof doesnt proc. It will always out dd ss. Less luck is required for g16 rolls, and you have a chance to get adds like max phy atk, vit, hp, and range; all of which are tasty in their own regard.
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    edited June 2014
    Options
    I only mentioned the option of G15 in case you can buy a ready made weapon with good stats (gof and int or double int) +10 refined for a nice price. That way have a decent weapon that is only slightly inferior to G16 for less than 1/3th the price.

You definately do not want to make and reroll+refine G15 daggers at this point in the game.
  • caius775
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Regarding G15 dags a friend offered lunar dags double - int with sac strike 2 sockets for 160m no refines should i snag it or ignore and continue saving for r8/tome (which i already have enough for r8 just waiting for price to drop/rep sale. Plan was if i had enough for a tome before rep sale comes I would grab tome first, but these dags jumped into the picture and its a tough choice. Aim was to be base 4 aps for farming purposes until r9.
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Regarding G15 dags a friend offered lunar dags double - int with sac strike 2 sockets for 160m no refines should i snag it or ignore and continue saving for r8/tome (which i already have enough for r8 just waiting for price to drop/rep sale. Plan was if i had enough for a tome before rep sale comes I would grab tome first, but these dags jumped into the picture and its a tough choice. Aim was to be base 4 aps for farming purposes until r9.

160m ? no refines ?

I dont know much about those prices, but my first reaction is to wonder if he is really a friend.
  • caius775
    edited June 2014
    Options
    160m ? no refines ?

I dont know much about those prices, but my first reaction is to wonder if he is really a friend.

Yeah, i'll admit i'm not perfect with prices and also I haven't see a similar item like it to compare it to. I'll ask my farming squad they can definitely be trusted, I just hope they know the price of it.
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Yeah, i'll admit i'm not perfect with prices and also I haven't see a similar item like it to compare it to. I'll ask my farming squad they can definitely be trusted, I just hope they know the price of it.

regardless, if that would be the right price, i would not do it.

You want to buy a +10 refined weapon for much less than the value of the +10 refine alone. Not buy an unrefined sub-par weapon for a fortune.