Waka Flocka

Options
cactusmann
cactusmann Posts: 22 Arc User
edited June 2014 in Archer
Is it possible this day and age to be an archer without ever using claws. Pure vow archers with kill u all
Post edited by cactusmann on

Comments

• Jarkhen - Archosaur
    Jarkhen - Archosaur Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    I haven't seen a clawcher in years, thank Pan Gu.
    Current: http://mypers.pw/1.8/#133167
    105-103-102

TW/NW Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Axel3200

Some people get R93 and become another cookiecutter DD, other people get R93 and get called out as serious threats. At some point, it's just not about gear anymore. - Qui
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited June 2014
    Options
    I've never heard of a pure vow archer before... but it's always been possible to not use claws. There was simply a time when not using claws was a wasted opportunity.... and depending on your gear some can argue that may still be the case.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Jarkhen - Archosaur
    edited June 2014
    Options
    If you want to do something that would actually warrant aps, like... -- tbh I can't even think of anything, even FC goes fast enough with a bow and anything remotely resembling somewhat endgame gear -- but if there were something, a BM or sin or even a barb would be so much more effective. Not to mention, the additional strength means you're nerfing your bow damage. I just can't see anything warranting claw usage.
    105-103-102

Some people get R93 and become another cookiecutter DD, other people get R93 and get called out as serious threats. At some point, it's just not about gear anymore. - Qui
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Not to drag this into a debate on claws vs not but your thing about using another class has a very simple con: The person in question may not want to make said other class and not really mind a minor tweak to the class they enjoy for extra versatility.

It's arguable either way but it's not something that you need to do or need to avoid. Just depends on the person and what they prefer.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • cactusmann
    edited June 2014
    Options
    If you want to do something that would actually warrant aps, like... -- tbh I can't even think of anything, even FC goes fast enough with a bow and anything remotely resembling somewhat endgame gear -- but if there were something, a BM or sin or even a barb would be so much more effective. Not to mention, the additional strength means you're nerfing your bow damage. I just can't see anything warranting claw usage.

So you never used claws?
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    I never seen an archer using a pataka. =3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • cactusmann
    edited June 2014
    Options

I love you
  • Verenor - Morai
    Verenor - Morai Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options

I'll make that my project for next Reawakening b:victory

Anyways: I have G16 claws on my archer, carrying around a g13/r8 chest set for 5aps, if you want the damage numbers for g16 5aps Vs. r9r3+7 I can post that as well (in short claws > bow).
    I use the bow for almost everything, but APS for FWS/some TT bosses. Used to have it for FC but with my r9r3 bow finished it takes 1 spark for either weapons to kill the bosses. It works well for annoying bosses that always go melee, my DD-output remains the same/higher instead of being halved.
  • Jarkhen - Archosaur
    edited June 2014
    Options
    cactusmann wrote: »
    So you never used claws?

No, I didn't.
    105-103-102

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Artn - Archosaur
    Artn - Archosaur Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    No, I didn't.

Lies!
    #JarkhenFullClawArcher
    My name isn't Artn anymore, someone change it pl0x.
  • cactusmann
    edited June 2014
    Options
  • Alphaben - Raging Tide
    Alphaben - Raging Tide Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    I used to have a Glaive archer on Dreamweaver, but not a pataka archer b:shocked

As for the OP, If you have a genie with Cloud Eruption or White tea pots it's possible to use a bow with extremely low aps gear but still be able to use a lot of skills

Though, it seems like a waste not to use fists/claws since you'll already have the dex and most of the str from the bow anyways...But I say you go for it! b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • Verenor - Morai
    Verenor - Morai Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options

Which moron would use claws in Tiger event..That picture shows nothing else than who saved up the most spices that night..nothing to do with claws being good or bad. Heck even sins use bows for that event.
  • Sint - Harshlands
    Sint - Harshlands Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Which moron would use claws in Tiger event..That picture shows nothing else than who saved up the most spices that night..nothing to do with claws being good or bad. Heck even sins use bows for that event.

I distinctly remember Transcend making a vid about that.
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Claws used to be really great for long term single target DPS for archers o.O
    Even my old +5 Deicides could unexpectedly outDD many r9's.

Of course it's a bit different these days and most of us have restatted back to completely pure builds...