Hillborn BM skill Stuff

XCableX - Archosaur
XCableX - Archosaur Posts: 1,338 Arc User
edited June 2014 in Blademaster
Okay so I got that skill because I can.

http://vvcap.net/db/KSS7vHp8drYwVvBMtciY.htp

But I am here to explain some stuff before you decide to get it.
(although I don't care whether we all see it good, bad or neutral)
But if the thread goes to that, then srsly, Neutral to me. Lol

I would make a video to show it off, but I'll do it later.

To the report:

Reasonable damage. On level 101 Sand edge Basilisks I was doing around ~57k with my R9 +12 Axes.

The bonus effect:

50% chance to deal extra base damage. Chance is dependent on Soulforce.

-So I have 44k Soulforce and everytime I hit a mob (about 100 times), I always dealt some form of damage. The form of damage ranges from as little as 200 or about 31k Damage.

This is bonus damage being added along separately, so like:
33k, then 57k .

The 33k doesn't show up on your damage log, so it can't crit or zerk.

okay got early class so ill be back to clean this up. b:bye

And it looks the same as Highland Cleave. hehehehehehehehe
youtube.com/xArsonist18 : XCableX's TW videos

pwcalc.com/56b00d33a8c63c7d : Current BM Build for TW
Post edited by XCableX - Archosaur on

Comments

• eraldus
    eraldus Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Okay so I got that skill because I can.

http://vvcap.net/db/KSS7vHp8drYwVvBMtciY.htp

But I am here to explain some stuff before you decide to get it.
    (although I don't care whether we all see it good, bad or neutral)
    But if the thread goes to that, then srsly, Neutral to me. Lol

I would make a video to show it off, but I'll do it later.

To the report:

Reasonable damage. On level 101 Sand edge Basilisks I was doing around ~57k with my R9 +12 Axes.

The bonus effect:

50% chance to deal extra base damage. Chance is dependent on Soulforce.

-So I have 44k Soulforce and everytime I hit a mob (about 100 times), I always dealt some form of damage. The form of damage ranges from as little as 200 or about 31k Damage.

This is bonus damage being added along separately, so like:
    33k, then 57k .

The 33k doesn't show up on your damage log, so it can't crit or zerk.

okay got early class so ill be back to clean this up. b:bye

And it looks the same as Highland Cleave. hehehehehehehehe

I can't help but read the name of this skill as "Willborn" whenever I see it. b:laugh

EDIT: So it seems the devs got a bit lazy and only made unique animations for Army Crusher and Ferocious Leap apparently eh? I got the new Spirit Chaser and it has the same animation as well, but I gotta say... it hits way harder now! (about 75% more than the lvl 11 one) Think Gemini Slash with slightly less damage and being single target only, but with reduced cooldown and faster channeling. Also, it has a 20 meters range, which is greater than Farstrike's.

Once you cast it, you get a buff, which is the one for the new farstrike upgrade to make it crit more frequently... (The buff seems to work only with the upgraded Farstrike, in case anybody was ever wondering if you needed to upgrade Farstrike to make it work).

Now I'm working on the new Farstrike to see if this new Spirit Chaser + Farstrike can actually be good...
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    Saethos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Thanks for the info! I plan on getting it as a sage because it combines the two, but grants the effect from sage Highland Cleave. Added damage with a chance to give 20% crit rate with a slow debuff is very nice, and I'll no longer have to spend time using Highland for the crit chance. I often find myself not using it because my support skills would be better, but now, since slow is a support (forces genies on cooldown) this is looking very nice.
    It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
  • WangZi - Dreamweaver
    WangZi - Dreamweaver Posts: 279 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Sounds like a fun skill to have, especially with that added damage. Just too bad about losing an aoe skill but I think we can another aoe skill from the merger between stream strike and aoelian blade if I'm not mistaken?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig made by Dorset b:victoryb:thanks
  • Nigelus - Dreamweaver
    Nigelus - Dreamweaver Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    River avalanche isnt aoe, is it?
  • Zarkin_Baxil - Raging Tide
    Zarkin_Baxil - Raging Tide Posts: 452 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    So I have had hillborn for a little while now. Was doing some damage testing on a few people, r9rr Sin, r9rr archer, and r9rr BM. The extra damage it did on the sin ranged from 11 to 2.9k. The extra damage on the Archer was 10k. On the BM it ranges from 9 to 800. How is the range of damage that large? Has anyone else tested this skill and have any insight? I get that there is a range of damage but 11 and 2.9k?
  • Nigelus - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2014
    So I have had hillborn for a little while now. Was doing some damage testing on a few people, r9rr Sin, r9rr archer, and r9rr BM. The extra damage it did on the sin ranged from 11 to 2.9k. The extra damage on the Archer was 10k. On the BM it ranges from 9 to 800. How is the range of damage that large? Has anyone else tested this skill and have any insight? I get that there is a range of damage but 11 and 2.9k?

for what i heard, u always deal extra dmg thing is when u dealt 9 dmg, is like u didnt and when u dealt 800 was when u actually did. Remember it is 50% to deal extra dmg depending on ur soulforce.
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    for what i heard, u always deal extra dmg thing is when u dealt 9 dmg, is like u didnt and when u dealt 800 was when u actually did. Remember it is 50% to deal extra dmg depending on ur soulforce.

I read it as the chance to deal extra damage increases from 1% to 50% as your soulforce increases from 0 to 55k or w/e the max sf is.

So at max sf you would have a 50% chance to deal the extra damage.

Though this could very easily be a skill description error and the chance is always 50% but the damage goes up based on your sf..
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Nigelus - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2014
    I read it as the chance to deal extra damage increases from 1% to 50% as your soulforce increases from 0 to 55k or w/e the max sf is.

So at max sf you would have a 50% chance to deal the extra damage.

Though this could very easily be a skill description error and the chance is always 50% but the damage goes up based on your sf..

and how that explains that sometimes u do xtra 9 dmg and others time u do 800 xtra dmg wiht the same target?

+ we already said that u always do xtra dmg the problem is another.
    ↓↓↓↓

• Rauldaman - Sanctuary
    Rauldaman - Sanctuary Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    River avalanche isnt aoe, is it?

I do not think it is. However, it was assumed to be an AoE stun, so it got most of us excited about it. :(
  • mkat
    mkat Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    So anymore info on this skill? Still debating on getting it next.
  • Egamoto - Harshlands
    Egamoto - Harshlands Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    GEt this skill last unless you got crazy good soulforce

1. PVE wise is better to have two AOEs instead of one
    2. PvP wise you will benefit more from other skills instead of this unless you have a high soulforce (+10 everything in case you are wondering what high means).
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Hey everyone, I recently acquired this skill myself and I've been doing some testing with it. Here's what I've come up with:

The 50% chance to deal double base physical damage doesn't actually add extra damage to the skill, what really happens is when the skill starts channeling it'll do a small amount of damage regardless of soulforce (anywhere from 6 to 300ish). However, it has a 50% chance to deal damage equal to roughly half of a normal hit (one that doesn't crit or zerk). Getting a crit or zerk on the actual damage portion of the skill will not affect the typless damage dealt at the start of the skill, so if you crit, zerk, or zerk crit you'll still only deal damage equal to roughly half of what your normal hit would be if the skill procs.

In short, Hillborn gives a 50% chance to deal half of the damage you'd do from using the skill at the start of channeling. This damage can not crit and is not affected by Sacrifical Strike or God of Frenzy weapon effects. This damage is not affected by amps and does not return a % of the damage as HP if the user has Bloodpaint. It is, however, increased if the opponent's physical defense is lowered.

I'd say it's worth it to get honestly, the only drawback is there's now a gap in our AoEs but that's only really a concern in PvE. I admit it's annoying, but even without a full AoE cycle BMs are still able to do their job effectively in PvE situations, and the ability to hit twice with one attack is certainly useful. I don't use the skill often due to channeling time, however it does seem to have its place.

It's worth it to note that Ferocious Leap+Hillborn offers a very fair amount of damage in a small amount of time, seeing as Ferocious Leap can be used to aftercast Hillborn. I only just tested that while writing this post, but it seems that will actually be very useful.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
    edited April 2014
    Zanryu, try Ferocious Leap --> Army Crusher --> Hillborn. The bleed from Ferocious Leap will go off the same time the extra damage from Hillborn is applied. Just something to play with.
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    edited April 2014
    Zanryu, try Ferocious Leap --> Army Crusher --> Hillborn. The bleed from Ferocious Leap will go off the same time the extra damage from Hillborn is applied. Just something to play with.

I just tried that, that's some nice stuff though I don't think a 3 skill combo like that will be too useful in actual PvP. If they break the stun and move slightly you have to move as well. Though.. if you catch them without their genie or apo that could definitely do some very nice damage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
    edited April 2014
    I just tried that, that's some nice stuff though I don't think a 3 skill combo like that will be too useful in actual PvP. If they break the stun and move slightly you have to move as well. Though.. if you catch them without their genie or apo that could definitely do some very nice damage.

OK then try Dragon Rising --> Ferocious Leap --> Army Crusher --> Hillborn. That's 6/7.5 seconds where you can pull that combo off easy. If they AD then any combo will be broken anyway. I like to do it when people are almost dead. If they AD at the last second, and if I am lucky, the bleed from Ferocious Leap kills them while they are in AD/IG/Pan Gu. Ferocious Leap and Army Crusher are both 1 second skills so think of them as jab, jab in the the combo then Hillborn as a cross or a hook because it is slower (2.4 seconds). You can open with it to force people to use genie/apoth or close to death and try for the kill. Again, just something to think about and play around with.
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    edited April 2014
    OK then try Dragon Rising --> Ferocious Leap --> Army Crusher --> Hillborn. That's 6/7.5 seconds where you can pull that combo off easy. If they AD then any combo will be broken anyway. I like to do it when people are almost dead. If they AD at the last second, and if I am lucky, the bleed from Ferocious Leap kills them while they are in AD/IG/Pan Gu. Ferocious Leap and Army Crusher are both 1 second skills so think of them as jab, jab in the the combo then Hillborn as a cross or a hook because it is slower (2.4 seconds). You can open with it to force people to use genie/apoth or close to death and try for the kill. Again, just something to think about and play around with.

I don't have Dragon Rising, but once I noticed you couldn't pull off the three skill combo in Roar I began using Drake Bash>Combo, it's very nice. When I use roar I like to use Ferocious Leap>Army Crusher>Drake's Ray, there's a small gap between Ray and the Time the stun ends but it does allow for a few good quick hits. I may experiment more to find a better set of skills to use during Roar to lead into Bash/Dragon Rising with, though so far PvP test dummies or even opponents are seemingly few and far between.

I've had a few clutch moments where I got a kill through AD thanks to the bleed from Ferocious Leap yesterday in 1v1s against a sin friend of mine, it felt pretty good.

I heard Dragon Rising can be used with a Poleblade, is that true? Because that sounds pretty beastly if it is. It makes sense seeing as it requires a sword and pole skill.. having it usable across multiple weapons would definitely be handy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
    edited April 2014
    Ahhh my mistake I assumed that you had Dragon Rising and made an *** of myself. You can use Dragon Rising with axe, pole, and sword. Axe= longer stun, pole = 4 second stun + bleed (bleed sucks), sword = 4 second stun + 100% channel time for 10 seconds (could be useful).
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    edited April 2014
    Ahhh my mistake I assumed that you had Dragon Rising and made an *** of myself. You can use Dragon Rising with axe, pole, and sword. Axe= longer stun, pole = 4 second stun + bleed (bleed sucks), sword = 4 second stun + 100% channel time for 10 seconds (could be useful).

Interesting.. though the axe version definitely seems the most useful of the three.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
    edited April 2014
    Interesting.. though the axe version definitely seems the most useful of the three.

Axe version is the best but at a minimum it adds some versatility to the other weapon paths. You can now have defensive level weapon, other than axe, and still paralyze an opponent in an "oh ****" moment. At the moment I am running around doing boring pve stuff like farming neumas and trying out all the skills just to check them out.
  • Sel_Darkmore - Dreamweaver
    Sel_Darkmore - Dreamweaver Posts: 350 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    alright i feel i didnt see enough post or say so on the matter regarding this skill to make me sway my choice. Im about ready to get Star Smite, however hillborn keeps whispering in my ear. so my question again is...Would this skill (Hillborn) be something to get? I already got leap.crusher,rising,and avalanche, max attack and def passives. if that info is needed.

I face losing 1 Aoe, my refines is 10 on weapon 7-9 on gear so that sums up the average soulforce.. I PVE with some moderate PVP + NW .

For the Bms that do have this skill ..is it enough to make Heads roll and say DAYUM!?
    To think your OP is Fail, To know your role is OP
    Team work is Flawless,
    To think your better then the rest is shabby.

Blademaster - Celestial Demon
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    edited June 2014
    alright i feel i didnt see enough post or say so on the matter regarding this skill to make me sway my choice. Im about ready to get Star Smite, however hillborn keeps whispering in my ear. so my question again is...Would this skill (Hillborn) be something to get? I already got leap.crusher,rising,and avalanche, max attack and def passives. if that info is needed.

I face losing 1 Aoe, my refines is 10 on weapon 7-9 on gear so that sums up the average soulforce.. I PVE with some moderate PVP + NW .

For the Bms that do have this skill ..is it enough to make Heads roll and say DAYUM!?

It's good for PvP, not so much for PvE.

If you lean towards PvP, definitely get it. The chance at extra damage is pretty awesome with it works out, but for PvE.. you'll find the lack of constant BP heals a bit lackluster, though if you're with a group it won't matter as you can cycle your skills long enough that you'll have BP heals when needed.

Army Crusher > Hillborn > Army Crusher > Roar of the Pride > Army Crusher > Hillborn while in a group is more than enough, and while solo it should be as well honestly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Sel_Darkmore - Dreamweaver
    Sel_Darkmore - Dreamweaver Posts: 350 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Tyvm Zan something u said made up my mind. I will be holding off on Hillborn for the future.
    To think your OP is Fail, To know your role is OP
    Team work is Flawless,
    To think your better then the rest is shabby.

Blademaster - Celestial Demon
  • eraldus
    eraldus Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Tyvm Zan something u said made up my mind. I will be holding off on Hillborn for the future.

Also go for MSS for aoe. It costs one spark only and deals awesome damage.

HF + MSS = all mobs dead, depending of your gear.
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    My current set up is repeat>army crusher, highland cleave, fissure, army crusher. It seems to be a constant aoe.

I haven't decided on merging the highland cleave and fissure skill yet. Since macro skip skills that are in cooldown, the above macro suits me fine.
  • XX_Raider_Xx - Sanctuary
    XX_Raider_Xx - Sanctuary Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    i have Hillborn - it hits nicely and i am satisfied with it for the most part

However,

- I wish that it had a 4 secs cooldown instead of 5 secs,

- wish it had more additional damage based on soulforce or perhaps a 5000-10k hp bleed

- i wish we could develop an additional AOE skill - perhaps a new morai or a combined skill

- wish it had like 15 meter range

-wish it had a chance to stun, seal, or slow for more than 60%

- wish it had a new effects attached to skill - flames or daggers falling or something

While I dont regret getting it, i do wish I had waited and got Star Smite instead (i use pike alot)

AND it is lacking in way of constant AOEs and is more for PVP (TW,NW, etc.) than PVE.
    edited June 2014
    AND it is lacking in way of constant AOEs and is more for PVP (TW,NW, etc.) than PVE.

All the new skills are PvP focused there was no need for extra damage for PvE. To be honest Star Smite is one of the best skills to get, 50 chi gain with sword is nice. All the new updates should be looked at from a PvP perspective since that is the main focus even if you rarely or don't pk. Sure the damage boost is nice but, if you couldn't solo everything PvE sans instances that require more than 1 person in T3 gear then the damage boost wasn't going to help you anyway. PWI has become all about the high level, end game gear, "only thing left to do is pk", sadly.
This discussion has been closed.