A kind request to sparkie from Morai

Options
Joe - Morai
Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
edited June 2014 in General Discussion
I know this has been on since god-knows-when...but please Sparkie. We, the Community from Morai, dont really have a place to discuss the things that are going on around our server anywhere.

So may I ask you to just add the Morai Server to the Server Symposium Sub-Forum? I mean...thats done in seconds...and even tho this is a different site from the EU ones...the GMs there should be able to check those forums once in a while.

WE, as a community, beg you, Sparkiesoft, our beloved CM, to give us a place in this Forum where we can be a community and discuss community related things that are off-topic for other server. I really think you noticed that threads from morai ppl regarding morai issues have flooded the regular forums General Discussion.

I hope this thread servers the purpose in an appropriate manner. Thank you.
My Barb:
mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
Post edited by Joe - Morai on

Comments

• Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    The answer will be to go to the english section on ex-Lothranis forum since we have a dedicated CM there (with some mods)
    The main problem still is that this would take us appart from the community for all the other topics...
    But don't expect another reply, even if this is sad.
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited June 2014
    Options
    we have a dedicated CM there (with some mods)

You guys finally have some mods? Awesome and congrats!
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Verenor - Morai
    Verenor - Morai Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    The answer will be to go to the english section on ex-Lothranis forum since we have a dedicated CM there (with some mods)
    The main problem still is that this would take us appart from the community for all the other topics...
    But don't expect another reply, even if this is sad.

It would be so much better if we could somehow integrate the english ex-lothranis forums with a sub-section here for Morai server forums. That way both sparkie and Enelimm can see what goes on on eachother's servers. As it is now, the english section of Lothranis-forums are as dead as it gets.
    Since when do we have mods there too o.o

edit: checked the english section there again and even our CM points us to the US support for bugs >.> some things never change I guess.
  • Joe - Morai
    Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options

It would be so much better if we could somehow integrate the english ex-lothranis forums with a sub-section here for Morai server forums. That way both sparkie and Enelimm can see what goes on on eachother's servers. As it is now, the english section of Lothranis-forums are as dead as it gets.
    Since when do we have mods there too o.o

edit: checked the english section there again and even our CM points us to the US support for bugs >.> some things never change I guess.

This. Plus I believe that will be neccesary anyways when our turn comes for this "PvP-Tournament" or are we going to be shafted again on this one? :( nuuuu
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    >Morai forums are dead
    >Implying PWI forums as a whole aren't

top kek
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Sevchenko - Dreamweaver
    Sevchenko - Dreamweaver Posts: 661 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Looks like PWE is a team of 4 people working on 20 games at same time, they don't have enough time for PWI. b:laugh

Well that was an exaggeration indeed, but yeah, they don't seem have a specific team for each game, which is a fail mismanagement.
    [S.E.V.C.H.E.N.K.O]
    Synthetic Electronic Variant Calibrated for Hazardous Exploration, Nullification and Kamikaze Observation[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Looks like PWE is a team of 4 people working on 20 games at same time, they don't have enough time for PWI. b:laugh

Well that was an exaggeration indeed, but yeah, they don't seem have a specific team for each game, which is a fail mismanagement.

Not much of one. Last I was informed, PWE's "support staff" consisted of around 25 college interns supporting all 16-ish titles and their million+ user bases.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Servetje - Morai
    Servetje - Morai Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Well Enelimm said few weeks ago ingame. That the PWI head office have to decide to make a english based Morai forum/facebook. till then we have to stick with the heavy outdated france/german facebook and forum.

But think the PWI head office never been to europe and we have like 50 different languages. and French and German is not the main language in Europe but english it is b:laugh
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options

So may I ask you to just add the Morai Server to the Server Symposium Sub-Forum? I mean...thats done in seconds...

I doubt sparkie have the power of doing that, he doesn't even have the power to change a simple avatar on the forum, doubt he can create a whole new section if he's that limited.

I don't even know if someone have those power atm on this forum. Maybe DoD by any chance.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • PREIIST - Morai
    PREIIST - Morai Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    For me just make pvp Rankings back (since with blocking Pop up bla bla it dosent work anymore on old site ,even on german page ) and who cares for the rest xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Verenor - Morai
    edited June 2014
    Options
    I doubt sparkie have the power of doing that, he doesn't even have the power to change a simple avatar on the forum, doubt he can create a whole new section if he's that limited.

I don't even know if someone have those power atm on this forum. Maybe DoD by any chance.

Adding a new subforum is as simple as adding a new thread, the only difference is it requires powers (like mods can move threads and we can't) to create a subforum. So yes, sparkie does have those powers available to him as CM I imagine.

The Avatar issue is a coding issue..nothing to do with forum powers or not. Someone from their IT has to dig into the code for the avatars/site and see where they screwed up: always a fun activity.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Adding a new subforum is as simple as adding a new thread, the only difference is it requires powers (like mods can move threads and we can't) to create a subforum. So yes, sparkie does have those powers available to him as CM I imagine.

The Avatar issue is a coding issue..nothing to do with forum powers or not. Someone from their IT has to dig into the code for the avatars/site and see where they screwed up: always a fun activity.

The current issue with avatars is coding, yes... but what Bella was talking about when it comes to manually changing them is a permissions issue. Just like how mods have the permission to post in locked threads while a regular poster does not.

And, in this case, Bella's probably right.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options

Sparkie doesn't have a lot of power on the forum (I know it's stupid, we could expect the CM to have all power, but he doesn't), but he probably can communicate the request to whoever have the power and I think it's a good idea to add a server section for Morai, but don't put too much hope on the CM/GM checking it, the mods will check cause it's pretty much their jobs to check everything, but the CM doesn't have time read servers **** about who got the biggest bow and who's the best of 201*. xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Verenor - Morai
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Sparkie doesn't have a lot of power on the forum (I know it's stupid, we could expect the CM to have all power, but he doesn't), but he probably can communicate the request to whoever have the power and I think it's a good idea to add a server section for Morai, but don't put too much hope on the CM/GM checking it, the mods will check cause it's pretty much their jobs to check everything, but the CM doesn't have time read servers **** about who got the biggest bow and who's the best of 201*. xD

Ok then that's my bad, really expected a Community Manager to have the powers to Manage the Community's platform ._. (although expecting PWI's management to be logical was my 1st mistake I guess b:surrender )
    Ain't nobody got time to read about who got the biggest pixel ego, but sadly that's all we get xD
  • Jarkhen - Archosaur
    Jarkhen - Archosaur Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    For me just make pvp Rankings back (since with blocking Pop up bla bla it dosent work anymore on old site ,even on german page ) and who cares for the rest xD

Actually, I can still access the rankings just fine by blocking the redirect script with ABP, which I posted as a workaround when the redirect first showed up. They go weeks at a time without being updated sometimes, and then start working again sometimes, so they're absurdly unreliable, but they can be viewed.
    Current: http://mypers.pw/1.8/#133167
    105-103-102

TW/NW Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Axel3200

Some people get R93 and become another cookiecutter DD, other people get R93 and get called out as serious threats. At some point, it's just not about gear anymore. - Qui
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Actually, I can still access the rankings just fine by blocking the redirect script with ABP, which I posted as a workaround when the redirect first showed up. They go weeks at a time without being updated sometimes, and then start working again sometimes, so they're absurdly unreliable, but they can be viewed.

Yep. I would say that the last update (for Morai at least) was maybe two or three months ago.
    As you said it happened already several times to have several weeks without any update and then finaly see some updates. However with all the changes with Arc I don't really expect to see any new update, except if they decide to move it into Arc.
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • Jarkhen - Archosaur
    Jarkhen - Archosaur Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Yep. I would say that the last update (for Morai at least) was maybe two or three months ago.
    As you said it happened already several times to have several weeks without any update and then finaly see some updates. However with all the changes with Arc I don't really expect to see any new update, except if they decide to move it into Arc.

I don't know about other servers, but Archosaur's has been updating for the past week or so. Before that it was frozen for weeks if not months, but it was updating at least over last weekend.
    Current: http://mypers.pw/1.8/#133167
    105-103-102

TW/NW Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Axel3200

Some people get R93 and become another cookiecutter DD, other people get R93 and get called out as serious threats. At some point, it's just not about gear anymore. - Qui
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited June 2014
    Options
    It is not hard for PWI to add a new sub-forum and they have done so recently. Namely here http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=331 <--that one is new. However, the reason this isn't gonna happen is because the European team is different than the American team. The EU Team has it's own community manager, events, etc. It is different than the US team and they work in different timezones. Pretty sure this has been stated in the past, I'll see if I can dig up the GM link on that.

v4liance wrote: »
    Hey folks,

I've checked with the EU team, and there is definitely a plan to create a Morai specific forum, with sections for each language.

Unfortunately, we don't have a firm timeline on when this will occur.
    - Val

Yeah it's because the EU team is making it's own forum. I'll ask Sparkie though about if we can get an update on when this will occur.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • sparkiesoft
    sparkiesoft Posts: 47
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Morai section is up, feel free to post away or let me know if anything is not working.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=341
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Morai section is up, feel free to post away or let me know if anything is not working.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=341

Woo glad the decision was changed on this one. \o/

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!