Any fellow seeker having DEX built?

weizheng84
weizheng84 Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2014 in Seeker
Hi all, im wondering if i should reset my strength to dex for more critical damage? Currently im having Vit 64, Str 429, Dex 155 and Mag 12 with gears on and im lvl 101. I've seen wizard and phys doing High damage on fc boss at lvl 100 (killing boss faster then i do). Im using a R8 weapon with +5. But my damage on boss is only 1-2k normal hits (not skill)

My phy attack is 6721-9539 and critical hit is 17%. Is there something wrong with my build or our hits is just so low?

If im going to reset my points how much dex should i have or you guys got better suggestions.

Im mainly doing PVE. Thanks everyone .
Post edited by weizheng84 on

Comments

• Mattiks - Dreamweaver
    Mattiks - Dreamweaver Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey weiz, well, at the moment your build isn't too bad. As far as statting is concerned, you'll want to cap your dex at 160 because you are using the r8 weapon, so add 5 points to it. I say cap at 160 because for adding those 5 points you gain an extra 1% crit. Also, you'll see a nice damage increase if you take your vit down to 3 and put those points into str.

Generally, you should cap your dex at whatever your weapon requires though. But because the r8 is so close to 160 requirement, its better to just take the extra step. Hope this helps!
  • Kittysama - Raging Tide_1432680721
    edited May 2013
    Like Mattiks said, it's good idea to cap dex at 160. Why to put points to str instead of dex, you might ask. It's because putting every extra point to dex instead of str gives you just about 5% more crit rate while sacrificing huge amount of base dmg which could pay out those a bit rarer crits.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Final ragequit on 21/02/2014 'cause ARC. Back on 15/04/2014, RL was bored.
    Ten Paths of Kittyness(old mains when deleted): Kittysama 100(100) Sage HA-Venomancer |Aivina 100(101) Sage (ex-Zerk) Str. Seeker | Kittytart 90(101) Demon All path Zerk BM | KittyFishie 92(101) Demon APS/DPH Zerk Assassin | Haroin 100(100) Demon Vit. Zerk Barbarian | Elfborn 82(100) Demon Cleric | Pessimiste 85(100) Sage Wizard | PalavaEnkeli 87(100) Demon Fist/APS-Archer | VerenVanki 85(100) Demon Mystic | MerenPeto 85(100) Sage Psychic
    Current mains: Old psy and 19 new/recreated mains(avg. level 82)
  • weizheng84
    edited May 2013
    Ok, so i cap my dex at 160. And i will put all points to strength now.

Just curious, what is the normal hits on any boss in fc? Im hiting them at 1-2k. Is it common? Or is there anything that i can do to improve the hits to higher?
  • Kittysama - Raging Tide_1432680721
    edited May 2013
    It's all normal. Seekers have pretty bad auto-attack dmg and that's why it's far better to use skills since they are so fast to use as seeker. NSW ish the stance to use on them and when chi is full, then just use a high-dmg combo with BA.

And it's bad to compare yourself to wizard unless you have a zerk sword(a weapon with Sacrificial Strike or God of Frenzy status). Seeker's DPH is just half of wizzie's unless getting zerk hits. That's because seekers are a bit more of a support/tankish DD unlike wizzie that's a pure DD class. Seeker has more debuffs, higher crit rate from dex and chance to get zerk weapon, wizzies don't so they have naturally higher base dmg to compensate that. Without zerk weapon only Gemini Slash can come even close to what a wizzie can do, maybe Ion Spike too.
    So if you want to see high numbers, farming R9 sword or recasting that R8 can be good choices to get that zerk. It takes long, though. T3 weapon is also pretty good choice as it has attack lvls.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Final ragequit on 21/02/2014 'cause ARC. Back on 15/04/2014, RL was bored.
    Ten Paths of Kittyness(old mains when deleted): Kittysama 100(100) Sage HA-Venomancer |Aivina 100(101) Sage (ex-Zerk) Str. Seeker | Kittytart 90(101) Demon All path Zerk BM | KittyFishie 92(101) Demon APS/DPH Zerk Assassin | Haroin 100(100) Demon Vit. Zerk Barbarian | Elfborn 82(100) Demon Cleric | Pessimiste 85(100) Sage Wizard | PalavaEnkeli 87(100) Demon Fist/APS-Archer | VerenVanki 85(100) Demon Mystic | MerenPeto 85(100) Sage Psychic
    Current mains: Old psy and 19 new/recreated mains(avg. level 82)
  • skaitavia
    skaitavia Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I remember Horugou from Raging Tides is doing a hybrid dex build, which, at end-game, would get him to a 50% crit rate while maintaining a good strength point pool.

He'll have to post here though, as I don't know much about seekers.
  • Horugou - Raging Tide
    Horugou - Raging Tide Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That's a pvp build, would yield TERRIBAD results for your average seeker '.'
    If you ain't r9rr high refine, I recommend strength build or hybrid at bestb:bye

p.s. look out for my 'engame pvp seeker builds' guide being posted in the near future
  • weizheng84
    edited May 2013
    Ok thanks for all the replies. I will cap my dex at 160 and from now on all points to strength. One last question, how much did you guys cap for vit? Im going for R9 gears and weapon and also what gems will you recommend to placr in R9 gears and weapon?
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    3 vit (buy a reset note and drop it to 3 from 5)
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • qqq344722680
    qqq344722680 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    my seeker is currently dex build 300 dex 43% crit. it is a pvp build as it will effect little skill damage that doenst add on weapon attack. how ever for the skills that add weapon % attack wont be much different on player.
    300 dex build because to not miss on r9rr archer and sins as they have 6k evasion with high refine over 20k hp spam magic charm. seeker will not be able to kill them if they fully buffed(Who ever says he can kill fully buffed archer pls post a video to prove).
    to get high dex just to let 2 pro skills staggering strike and rock splitting cleave more useful less miss on r9rr archers while most seeker just ignore those 2 ranged skills because they miss 90% with ur strength build.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    i been full dex seeker with 300+ on dex. Currently still testing a full STR build but i havnt seen anything so considerably 'worth it' with all this str hype. (R9r3/jades/emperor) The dmg isnt bad at all mind you, but im noticing im missing alot of killing blows in NW due to the decrease in acc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Earth_Swords - Archosaur
    Earth_Swords - Archosaur Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    But how in the world do you get so many stat points?Did you re roll? b:surrender
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    with end game equipment you get lots of extra statpoints.

Before going dex on a str class beyond gear requirement i think you should not forget that its only against 2 out of 10 classes that you are missing a lot.
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • Samaranight - Sanctuary
    Samaranight - Sanctuary Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    i been full dex seeker with 300+ on dex. Currently still testing a full STR build but i havnt seen anything so considerably 'worth it' with all this str hype. (R9r3/jades/emperor) The dmg isnt bad at all mind you, but im noticing im missing alot of killing blows in NW due to the decrease in acc.

Heh I'm not even sure what my build is considered as anymore but I've been running with 399 str for a couple of years now. I'd say I miss every 5-6 attacks, and almost always when using Staggering Strike on the first go in a rotation.

Highest I've gone in dex was 200 and I didn't really like the results. 25% crit is good enough.
  • Verenor - Morai
    Verenor - Morai Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Ehm..did mods really merge this thread with a necro one? :s
    # 11
    06-03-2013,

# 12 count me a noob
    04-23-2014

@Earth_swords: the stats were counting with gear equipped, so they could've gained a lot of statpoints through that. Since New Horizon-expansion, people can obtain easily 50 more stat points by reawakening.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited June 2014
    Nope. It was just a person necroing a thread and us missing it.
    (Insert fancy image here)
This discussion has been closed.