Which class do you avoid the most in PvP?

Zanryu - Lothranis
Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
edited June 2014 in Arigora Colosseum
Hey everyone, a few of the people I usually 1v1 have decided they no longer with to fight me due to my stunlocking them. Specifically, the Paralyze I have is the issue. So this has me thinking, since I play a BM and they're no longer willing to fight me after having been stunlocked, what class is the most avoided in 1v1 PvP?

So tell me guys, what is the one class you absolutely will not fight in a 1v1 scenario and why?

I suppose this doubles as a "which is the most overpowered 1v1 class" thread as well. Get postin'!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
Post edited by Zanryu - Lothranis on

Comments

• Zheii - Archosaur
    Zheii - Archosaur Posts: 2,732 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Barbs... Just oh god, the amount of damage needed to get past their charms with their stupid amounts of hp is ridiculous D:<.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Queen of Silly, circa 2014, as conferred by the late great Proski Wallace.
  • trands
    trands Posts: 2
    edited May 2014
    Cleric. Way to boring to fight. Godseal - sleep - godseal - sleep - godseal - sleep. When you finally get in some damage, instant full hp. 1vs1 is already just boring. 1vs1 with cleric just kills you out of boredom.
  • Joe - Morai
    Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    None? Why should I? I am a barb, no class can just cut me down. I avoid groups of more then 3 ppl if that counts xD

From a caster perspective I would try to avoid sins...oh snap xD if you can see them that is b:chuckle

BTW Zan Zan, lets fight some time soon (: I wanna get locked up! I love me some great BM/Barb fights.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Hey everyone, a few of the people I usually 1v1 have decided they no longer with to fight me due to my stunlocking them. Specifically, the Paralyze I have is the issue. So this has me thinking, since I play a BM and they're no longer willing to fight me after having been stunlocked, what class is the most avoided in 1v1 PvP?

So tell me guys, what is the one class you absolutely will not fight in a 1v1 scenario and why?

I suppose this doubles as a "which is the most overpowered 1v1 class" thread as well. Get postin'!

Marrows are so much better suited for 1v1 fights, and a bm can actually get in a lot easier, when they're focused on/worried about the damage from one single person. Stuns also become far more effective for bms when the fight is 1v1, especially against casters with the purify proc, add in the new dragon rising, 1v1ing a bm just does NOT sound fun, albeit I would be on an HA class, meaning their damage would be a lot less... ownage compared to an LA/AA class, still they can indeed be one hell of a fearsome class not to be messed with while 1 on 1.

Other than that, I really do hate fighting people who extremely outgear me, tricks can only last so long, and it really doesn't take long to kill someone under-geared.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Verenor - Morai
    Verenor - Morai Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Where is the option "r9r3+12/josd", cause those buggers nomatter what class I avoid like the wind b:laugh I still try other classes, even barbs, but those decked-out ones are a royal pain in the rear.
  • Vedovis - Lost City
    Vedovis - Lost City Posts: 942 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Archers. I usually can't avoid sins due to stealth and such, but archers? Oddly enough my best chance for survival against an archer is getting in close for less damage, so it's not exactly "avoiding". But I get in close and follow them around so they can't murder me from 30 meters c:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

| Signature made by Fishy!~ | Semiretired |
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    edited May 2014
    Where is the option "r9r3+12/josd", cause those buggers nomatter what class I avoid like the wind b:laugh I still try other classes, even barbs, but those decked-out ones are a royal pain in the rear.

The poll assumes equal gear.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    The poll assumes equal gear.

So over 80% (making up numbers ftw) of the community who has never experienced that won't be able to vote if you look at it like that.

I think if everyone was endgame it would come down to "who would you avoid due to being more skilled than you".

But that's my opinion I guess.
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    edited May 2014
    So over 80% (making up numbers ftw) of the community who has never experienced that won't be able to vote if you look at it like that.

I think if everyone was endgame it would come down to "who would you avoid due to being more skilled than you".

Pretty sure there's plenty of people who can match off gear mang. G16s can find other G16s, R9s can find other R9s, etc etc yo
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Joe - Morai
    Joe - Morai Posts: 1,299 Arc User
    edited May 2014

"Equal" does not neccesarily equal endgame.

BTW Zan: I'm missing the "I dont avoid anyone" option. That isnt always because you have no chance or stuff. Sometimes you meet ppl that avoid nothing even if they know that their chances are low. That goes for me.
    My Barb:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#146464

My SB:
    mypers.pw/1.8/#141476
  • DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Pretty sure there's plenty of people who can match off gear mang. G16s can find other G16s, R9s can find other R9s, etc etc yo

So we are assuming the kind of "hey, do you want to 1v1?" pvp, where you have a choice to avoid, instead of randomly getting attacked by people pvp, where you don't really have a choice and the chance of equal gear is next to nothing?
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    edited May 2014
    "Equal" does not neccesarily equal endgame.

BTW Zan: I'm missing the "I dont avoid anyone" option. That isnt always because you have no chance or stuff. Sometimes you meet ppl that avoid nothing even if they know that their chances are low. That goes for me.

You can only have 10 options max, that was going to be one but it wouldn't let me.
    So we are assuming the kind of "hey, do you want to 1v1?" pvp, where you have a choice to avoid, instead of randomly getting attacked by people pvp, where you don't really have a choice and the chance of equal gear is next to nothing?

Your attempt at disrupting my thread is rather pathetic. Kindly leave before you make more of a fool of yourself.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Assassins and Archers are my "natural" enemies so I'll go with that though I can't say that I avoid them per se..I'm just not a fan of 1v1s and prefer group PvP.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Seekers are nasty for a barb in 1vs1 imo... In mass PVP they're a lot easier to surprise. Other classes dont really give me issues.

On my cleric I'd avoid archers.
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I generally really dislike 1v1 with other clerics and mystics 'cause it's just boring as hell.

BM is just disgusting now and sins typically out-gear me so much that it's not really a fight so much as me trying to live as long as possible.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Doom_Panda - Harshlands
    Doom_Panda - Harshlands Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Seekers are nasty for a barb in 1vs1 imo... In mass PVP they're a lot easier to surprise. Other classes dont really give me issues.

On my cleric I'd avoid archers.

Seeker's imo aren't all that bad for me, pop a pan gu or w/e immune pot to resist the seeker's qpq combo and hit them hard.
    Mains:
    Doom_Panda- 102/101/102 R9 3rd cast Demon Barb 40k HP.
    Dawnx - 100/85 Demon Cleric.
    PsychicTuna- 101/100 Sage Psychic.
    DawnMyst- 96 Demon Mystic.

PANDAS FTW. AND I b:heart ARMA! b:avoid
  • Zheii - Archosaur
    edited May 2014
    Lmao, I can't believe the most avoided class in 1v1 is sins. They're so easy D;
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I avoid credit card warriors
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • Zsw - Dreamweaver
    Zsw - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Why would you avoid any class in 1v1? I know the thread is titled PvP, but Zanryu specifically mentioned 1v1. If you avoid a class, you'll never get better at fighting them. If you don't get better, you'll keep avoiding them. This will just be an endless cycle. No pain, no gain.
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin
    TehZsw - 100 Demon Archer

All Luck No Skillz PvPer: youtube.com/user/zsw007
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited May 2014

+1

Well im a pvp noob so saying "they r so easy" wouldnt be really fair, but at least i dont fear them.

Its always a relief to fight a LA mellee that tickles me amidst all those ranged classes that can 1 shot me.
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • Toraah - Archosaur
    Toraah - Archosaur Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited May 2014

i know right
    Why would you avoid any class in 1v1? I know the thread is titled PvP, but Zanryu specifically mentioned 1v1. If you avoid a class, you'll never get better at fighting them. If you don't get better, you'll keep avoiding them. This will just be an endless cycle. No pain, no gain.

i agree 100%
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/user/xtorah - Assassin PK/TW/NW videos
  • Zheii - Archosaur
    edited May 2014

I agree with you here Wayne, the only reason I avoid barbs is because full vit build TW barbs just... aren't meant to be solo'ed.
    On private servers things may be different but on PWI? Well geared barbs are cata pullers and you just don't solo them.
    I avoid 1v1ing them purely because of the effort and amount of time it wastes.

@Toraah, you know what I meaaan, I'm not going to avoid you 1v1, or any other sin for that matter, and I correct myself most (not all) sins are easy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    There's none that I actively "avoid", but I don't enjoy facing Clerics (and to a lesser extent, Mystics) just because of how easily they can heal themselves.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Proski - Archosaur
    Proski - Archosaur Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    wizards

oh, thought we were discussing which class we run towards not away from
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    but see, hierarchy of easiest to hardest HA classes to kill on a sin is basically Seeker->barb->BM

Seeker->can't counter CC. Basically. Barbs tanky, but won't kill equally maxed out sin without going human-->at which point they are vulnerable. BM -> lolwtf marrow wtf demon bell wtf leaps wtf HP wtf stuns back better than you
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    edited June 2014
    but see, hierarchy of easiest to hardest HA classes to kill on a sin is basically Seeker->barb->BM

Seeker->can't counter CC. Basically. Barbs tanky, but won't kill equally maxed out sin without going human-->at which point they are vulnerable. BM -> lolwtf marrow wtf demon bell wtf leaps wtf HP wtf stuns back better than you

>tfw Tidal
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited June 2014

oh, thought we were discussing which class we run towards not away from

Yea... no... only class I actually run towards in mass pvp, or in this case 1 on 1, is archers. (Ok technically I run to all classes but yea that's what melees have to do.) Still it is the archers that your safest against the closer you are to them.

Granted all classes can be impeded by a stun, immobilize, etc with quite a bit of ease under the right circumstances, especially now with the release of the paralyze addition to a barbs/bms arsenal. Obviously it is a lot easier for a melee to cancel out a casters skill, or stun/immoblize/sleep/freeze while they're actually in attacking distance.

Still the one class I feel we all run too/stay as close to as humanly possible regardless of what class we're on, is archers. (halved damage = FTW)

---

@ The bm bit... it truly astounds me how many people think of bms as this badass wrecking ball/machine that is untouchable/nothing wrong with it. It has so many exploitable flaws it isn't even funny. (obviously too arguably way too many people this is justified with all their stuns, but come on ppl... their flaws are far too numerous in this day and age, and its far too easy to just click one button/skill/lucky proc and completely undo what a bm does)

People have said it time and time again, bms are the hardest class to play. While hardest is obviously NOT an synonym for weakest, I for one believe that it could be seen as so very easily to many people who play a bm, 1 on 1 certainly doesn't just make all of their exploitable flaws vanish into thin air.

Now do not get me wrong bms are indeed badasses, and it is significantly easier for them in 1 on 1 fights, but still, they have numerous flaws, and they tend to be quite easy to exploit most of the time.

Between the amount of chi it takes to play a bm, and their lack of any 'tank-able' skills they truly are a support class, and by many people's account the hardest of classes to play.

A sins new skill elimination has been known to one shot end game bms with physical marrow on, and a chi drain is going to effect a bm far quicker/more than a sin. (Even if we're talking no restriction 1 on 1 fight)

My point is this: there really is a lot for a bm to overcome in order for him or her to beat their opponent, and despite it being easier in 1 on 1, it can still be real easy to counter a bm. Though yes it can be easy to counter any class with enough preparation/the right skill usage.

While I do feel that they can be the hardest to master... or aka to me easily among the weakest, I also feel that they can be one of the most rewarding to play... because as I have said before they are indeed a very necessary and absolutely vital role role player in mass pvp, (may be paraphrasing) but that still doesn't change the fact that they are the hardest to play/easiest to counter. (Obviously ALL classes can be countered/should have weaknesses but one of them has to be the easiest/most weaknesses and arguably that is the bm class.)

As for the 'avoid' wording, I was looking at it more like this:

Which class am I most reluctant/take pauses to face in 1 on 1?

As I stated in my previous post I believe that to be other bms, their plethora of control skills/fact that they too are in HA gear, means the fight could take forever/I may not get much of a chance to react depending on the circumstances.

Our anti stun costs chi as it should, and it only last 15 seconds, even with the new primals, keeping up chi is still no easy task, especially if we're being locked down. Anyways I digressed a little bit there. All of our stuns/control skills also cost chi, we could easily expend it all/get it sucked away enough to be unable to resist a stun with WOB.

My point is this: A real smart bm, who also knows his (or) her class, can and will exploit those weaknesses as much as he or she can. I for one really feel that a bm in end game gear that absolutely knows what they are doing, and 100% prepared with various apos/the right skills on hot bar... could really prove quite troublesome even for classes that should have a 'natural' advantage against it. (I am of course not saying that 1 endgame bm is going to be able to kill another end game bm/lock them down indefinitely, but I for one feel that... that fight could potentially drag on far longer than either party would want it too.)
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary
    Asterelle - Sanctuary Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited June 2014

The game is not as deep or as challenging as you think it is. Skill is a minor factor these days compared to gear, class advantage, and RNG.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    PWI Calculators - aster.ohmydays.net/pw
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited June 2014
    Just a reminder guys that private server discussion isn't allowed here.
    edit: and if you have questions about the way a thread was moderated, send me a pm.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Proski - Archosaur
    Proski - Archosaur Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    The game is not as deep or as challenging as you think it is. Skill is a minor factor these days compared to gear, class advantage, and RNG.

I completely agree. that this game takes much skill has been a misconception for a long time.

it only takes enough 'skill' insofar as you can use any of your skills at any point efficiently depending on the circumstance, i.e., when needed, and with little delay. real skill, that is being dexterous, as in the micro/macro that separates sponsored players from the standards in the actual recognized e-sports -snip-, net you 0 advantage in pwi. in fact because of how intrusive and prevalent rubber banding is in this game, trying too hard to path skillfully is more of a disadvantage than anything else.

in pwi, you just need a solid understanding of the game, and relying on your characters inherent advantages or lack thereof as compared to the other classes as you pointed out (the rng, the way different skills scale, practical utility vs. horribly designed utility).