How to Permaspark with DPH

Options
tsyfall
tsyfall Posts: 9
edited June 2014 in Assassin
Thought it was about time someone posted this. Here's a quick way to permaspark (and I mean permaspark, i.e no gaps where you aren't buffed).
It's pretty useless because it deals very little damage, but it's useful for maintaining damage reduction and blocking AoEs.

There are four 15-second macros that you'll need (as well as Life Hunter, Elimination, Sage Wolf Emblem, and Sage Rising Dragon Strike).
1. Triple Spark > Wolf Emblem > Elimination(press escape) > Condensed Thorn > Knifethrow > Spell Cutter > Life Hunter > Wolf Emblem > Master Li's Technique > Life Hunter until spark is about to end.

2. Triple Spark > Wolf Emblem > Elimination(press escape) > Condensed Thorn > Knifethrow > Spell Cutter > Life Hunter > Wolf Emblem > Rising Dragon Strike > Life Hunter until spark is about to end.

3. Triple Spark > Wolf Emblem > Elimination(press escape) > Condensed Thorn > Knifethrow > Spell Cutter > Life Hunter > Wolf Emblem > Inner Harmony > Lifehunter until spark is about to end.

4. Triple Spark > Wolf Emblem > Elimination(press escape) > Condensed Thorn > Knifethrow > Spell Cutter > Life Hunter > Wolf Emblem > Rising Dragon Strike > Life Hunter until spark is about to end.

5. Repeat steps 1 to 4 every 60 seconds.

This long chain of skills takes a long time to memorize, but it's basically the same skill macro (Spark>WE>Elimination>CT>KT>SC>LH>WE>CHI SKILL>LH>end) over and over. There are two main concepts:

1. Elimination can be canceled, while still giving 30 chi. So too can be Life Hunter. This means you basically get 30 chi in .5 sec instead of 2.5 sec. It also means you can end Life Hunter early to spark if you need to.

2. The three chi skills Master Li's Technique, Rising Dragon Strike, and Inner Harmony can be cycled efficiently. By memorizing the above skill macro, and using a different one of these three chi skills at the appropriate time, you always have enough chi to continue triple sparking.

Notes:

a. I actually mean memorize the skill macros. Don't use the in-game macro tool. It won't work.
b. Remember: This doesn't give high damage, but it does give a lot of chi to consistently spark.

Fun notes:

This rather PvE-esque macro is derived from some of my experimentation with PvP and assassin chi gain.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Zsw - Dreamweaver
    Zsw - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    wow, waste of 2335 characters. GG
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin
    TehZsw - 100 Demon Archer

All Luck No Skillz PvPer: youtube.com/user/zsw007
  • tsyfall
    edited March 2014
    Options
    GG
    And I just realized that most people on PWI can't get the new skills, so GF. Guess its a richboy macro
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Wow

tsy too preoccupied with making guides to come pk gg

Just 3spark->RDS->derp skills->3spark->WE->derp stkills, a master li and a tackle slash in there, derp spark inner harmony->more derp skills repeat
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    If any of you three could go a full week without saying gg I'd give you 1b.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2014
    Options
    GG that's my new sig now
    Channels

• DionDagger - Dreamweaver
    DionDagger - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    If any of you three could go a full week without saying gg I'd give you 1b.

GG coins?b:chuckle
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2014
    Options
    dogecoins
    Channels

• Zanryu - Lothranis
    edited March 2014
    Options
    dogecoins

I have 10k of those, jelly?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Dblazen - Dreamweaver
    Dblazen - Dreamweaver Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Fun notes:
    This will never work in PvP against any proper opponent, congrats on your first pve guide.
  • porphy
    porphy Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Wow such guide. Going to improve my areashi-playstyle with this.
    Been more than a year since I quit playing, but still on rankings.

PWI: Buff_me - 103 Demon Assassin Banned
    PWS: Sin - 105 Sage Assassin Active

My channel: youtube.com/user/SinPWS
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Wow but from what I can judge I spark more than Areashi?
    Channels

• Zanryu - Lothranis
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Don't you people have your own forums to troll around on? b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2014
    Options
    What other forums? I only play PWI b:avoid
    Channels

• LostPoet - Dreamweaver
    LostPoet - Dreamweaver Posts: 396 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    wow, waste of 2335 characters. GG

Rule:
    no character is waste when there is knowledge.

Like the english language, there is Exception:
    when no skilled assassin will bother reading it or only idiots will try to read it, but not pull it off....

Like this guy, who posted in General Discussion, instead of reading from assassin class discussion:

Hello

I'm fairly new to the game (started 8months ago)

and wanted some advice on what endgame gear to get (I'm level 98 atm)
    here is the gear i got at the moment:

necklace-puzzle cube badge.vain +6 (physical defence)
    cape-matchless wings-+6
    tome-the voidlands
    bracers-generals bracers+3
    belt-heart of the jungle . Sky +7
    ring1-R7 ring (will be R8 at 100)
    ring2-unicorn spirit ring . Order +4
    helmet-warsoul of earth +5
    torso-R6 armor
    leggings-skywalker shins
    boots-skywalker boots
    weapon-unconsciousness +4
    and jones' blessing

if anyone can give advice on what end game gear should be that would great thank you :)

GG much? b:chuckle
    YOUTUBE:
    youtube.com/user/lostpoetgaming

twitch LIVE STREAM + MORE VIDEOS:
    twitch.tv/thelostpoet/profile
  • Sevchenko - Dreamweaver
    Sevchenko - Dreamweaver Posts: 661 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Wow

tsy too preoccupied with making guides to come pk gg

Just 3spark->RDS->derp skills->3spark->WE->derp stkills, a master li and a tackle slash in there, derp spark inner harmony->more derp skills repeat

This is pretty much it.

Or just be rebel and be a Demon DPH, use aps when needed b:avoid
    Doubt you can keep perma sparked on skillspam using power dash every 30s tho (which is totally possible and natural with aps)
    Fun notes:
    This will never work in PvP against any proper opponent, congrats on your first pve guide.

Against bosses with draught buff, skillspam really deals more damage... If you're full r9r3 with a +12 weapon.
    [S.E.V.C.H.E.N.K.O]
    Synthetic Electronic Variant Calibrated for Hazardous Exploration, Nullification and Kamikaze Observation[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DoggieStylz - Sanctuary
    DoggieStylz - Sanctuary Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Kind of a useless guide in all, it relies way too much on primal skills. Chances are if you even slightly know your class you learned how to maxamise chi gain at a much earlier level

Plus by the time you have hit 100 twice you should know your character enough to adapt your skill set around to make the primal skills function for you in the best possible way >.>

besides the Demon/Sage argument is now just a useless argument both have pro's and Con's its now mostly playing style and preference
    Pk'ers are RED,
    Carebears are BLUE
    Nobody cares
    Because
    GM's Still SCREWED YOU!b:shocked
  • Verenor - Morai
    Verenor - Morai Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Ok I'm just gonna ask it straight up: What is the use of a DPH-combo for permasparking, when you cancel out your strongest skill for chi instead of dealing damage. Might as well not bother sparking and do Elimination without it.
  • tsyfall
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Survivability.

If someone chooses to try to Sage Spark while using Elimination and their DD skills to the full extent, then they can basically spark once every 30 seconds. This means that while they have full DD and survivability for 15 seconds, they're vulnerable for the next 15 until their chi skills can catch up for the next spark.

With this cycle, though, a person can spark every 15 seconds, which does several things:

a. Makes it a lot easier to counter boss attacks/purify debuffs
    b. Keeps the player permanently buffed with a 25% reduction
    c. Makes the player immune to damage 20% of the time
    d. Regenerates HP every 15 seconds

Thus this combo is meant to be a bit like an Ironguard Powder: Excellent survivability, but removal of damage output. If a sin was the last person dead in a squad facing a boss, then they could tank special attacks and DD with this cycle while waiting for the squad to return.

But the real answer is that I just thought it was interesting that Sage Assassins now have the chi-regeneration of a 5aps sin. So yeah.
  • Selbronne - Heavens Tear
    Selbronne - Heavens Tear Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    tsyfall wrote: »
    Survivability.

If someone chooses to try to Sage Spark while using Elimination and their DD skills to the full extent, then they can basically spark once every 30 seconds. This means that while they have full DD and survivability for 15 seconds, they're vulnerable for the next 15 until their chi skills can catch up for the next spark.

With this cycle, though, a person can spark every 15 seconds, which does several things:

a. Makes it a lot easier to counter boss attacks/purify debuffs
    b. Keeps the player permanently buffed with a 25% reduction
    c. Makes the player immune to damage 20% of the time
    d. Regenerates HP every 15 seconds

Thus this combo is meant to be a bit like an Ironguard Powder: Excellent survivability, but removal of damage output. If a sin was the last person dead in a squad facing a boss, then they could tank special attacks and DD with this cycle while waiting for the squad to return.

But the real answer is that I just thought it was interesting that Sage Assassins now have the chi-regeneration of a 5aps sin. So yeah.

well sry to say but as sage i rather chose to saprk>inner/RDS>sage subsea>DD with life hunter(don't have the elimination) till the next spark and stay that 15 sec vunerable. Especialy if i have another OP ppl with good dmg in squad. Especialy if my sage subsea gets stacked with amp/hf, that extra 20% of dmg compeared to demon subsea does preety good job.

aslo i gotta disagree with the chi regeneration thing. if u count it that way then u gotta say that demon sins are 6.0 cause the can pdash every 30 sec compeared to u. well they can even pdash/subsea every 15 sec if the have the gennie skill for it. Sins always had the chi regenrate skills so if u use them u can say u are always sparked with lower aps.

tho ya, u are right that dph perma spark macro helps ya survive due to 25% dmg reduction. in the situation when sin is left alone at squad it's hard choice which one to do cause u need debuffs for better bp heals anyway so i whould say both ways works and when the squad is with u the spark+sage subsea debuff way seems more efficient.
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    wow what a lot of words about some sparking.

If i as a barb can keep myself sparked most of the time with CE and tea, shouldnt it be extremely super easy for a sin ?
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • tsyfall
    edited May 2014
    Options
    well sry to say but as sage i rather chose to saprk>inner/RDS>sage subsea>DD with life hunter(don't have the elimination) till the next spark and stay that 15 sec vunerable. Especialy if i have another OP ppl with good dmg in squad. Especialy if my sage subsea gets stacked with amp/hf, that extra 20% of dmg compeared to demon subsea does preety good job.

aslo i gotta disagree with the chi regeneration thing. if u count it that way then u gotta say that demon sins are 6.0 cause the can pdash every 30 sec compeared to u. well they can even pdash/subsea every 15 sec if the have the gennie skill for it. Sins always had the chi regenrate skills so if u use them u can say u are always sparked with lower aps.

tho ya, u are right that dph perma spark macro helps ya survive due to 25% dmg reduction. in the situation when sin is left alone at squad it's hard choice which one to do cause u need debuffs for better bp heals anyway so i whould say both ways works and when the squad is with u the spark+sage subsea debuff way seems more efficient.

Exactly how stupid are you?

1. I already said it was pointless for damage multiple times, and that it was for tanking.
    2. I said 5aps sins, meaning that the autoattacks from a 15 second spark cycle from 5aps can now give the same amount of chi as DPH.
    3. I doubt that if your squad wiped that you would be able to last on 1 spark+sage subsea debuff. Takes time to walk.

Please, read. And if you can't, don't pretend.
    wow what a lot of words about some sparking.

If i as a barb can keep myself sparked most of the time with CE and tea, shouldnt it be extremely super easy for a sin ?
    Yes, it's very easy, but for limited time. With this particular sequence it can be done forever and without the use of Apothecary.

Honestly, I bring up one curiosity and people start to try to poke holes in an argument that I'm not even trying to make. Such PWI.
  • Selbronne - Heavens Tear
    Selbronne - Heavens Tear Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options

1. I already said it was pointless for damage multiple times, and that it was for tanking.
    2. I said 5aps sins, meaning that the autoattacks from a 15 second spark cycle from 5aps can now give the same amount of chi as DPH.
    3. I doubt that if your squad wiped that you would be able to last on 1 spark+sage subsea debuff. Takes time to walk.

Please, read. And if you can't, don't pretend.

so i will start backwards, from 3rd point. if my squad whould wipe, there are always thing like dew, expel, AD. We sins aslo have deaden and focus as u know so holding boss shouldn't be too bad, even if i use spark + subsea. in the situation that boss one shots like toad, u can use inner + RDS as i said for the extra chi u need(if u lagg or anything u got deaden). time to walk isn't that long too so let's say it's 1 min to walk.

let's shortly see:
    start with DRS for the first spark>inner for 2nd one>RDS is out of cd, let's use it again 3rd spark>chi siphon ... more than enough chi to hold boss for one min. repeat if anything. i can even stack subsea at start with spark like i said ;p

2. now ? since when ? as u already know sins always had good chi giving skills and as i told ya it's worth using them for subsea pdash in 99% sitations. during soloing u will most likely swich bk to aps gear since it's more efficient(on old bosses that dosen't have the meele reduction).
    And i doubt u wanna solo sth like fsp or uch cause the time it whould take. The only thing that i could use on that perma dph spark is pupeter in aba to get to leaf but leaf dosen't drop books anymore.

1.for tanking u need the dmg to hold agro. i'd rather pdash in this situation if i wanted to hold agro. if i were alone on one boss and squad was coming i'd hold it till the squad comes like i explained earlier.
    Exactly how stupid are you?

idc if u consider me stupid i purely expressed my opinion on the matter. up to u to aggree or dissagree, but think squadmates whould like ppl useing the sage subsea to give them extra dmg rather than staying non stop sparked with dph. i consider my way more efficient that's why i shared it. that's all

edit: one more thing just to andwser ur question. i didn't have pve situation where on boss that require dph everyone esle but me died suddenly, had a situation where half squad was wiped on toad, including the tanking barb. and yah without DDing (was geting cleric heals tho) hold the toad till the barb arraived again. the only thing i was using was: RDS, inner, RDS (aslo put focus on and deaden) and life hunter once in a while.
  • tsyfall
    edited May 2014
    Options
    You still do not understand my point. What I presented in this thread was a way to stay alive in a critical situation indefinitely,, not a method of holding aggro or working with squad members or having clerics heal you.

Just wow.
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Tsyren -102 Sage Assassin -Archosaur - Banned
    Tsyn - 94 Sage Assassin - Raging Tides - Inactive
    Tsy - 105 Sage Assassin - Syndicate - Active
  • tsyfall
    edited May 2014
    Options
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2014
    Options
    What tsy is talking about is either

A. soloing

or

B. Holding boss after a wipe

In either case, supporting squadmates makes no sense

also w0w tsy nonfactor pver only pvp getGood noStress kid u can't kill mobs learnAppreciate PKnoChallenge learnPVE

(IS MY XARO$ IMITATION GUD)
    Channels

• Zsw - Dreamweaver
    Zsw - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options

??????
    w0w tsy nonfactor pver only pvp getGood noStress kid u can't kill mobs learnAppreciate PKnoChallenge learnPVE

(IS MY XARO$ IMITATION GUD)

Should be more like:

W0wTsyNonfactorPverOnlyPvpGetGoodNoStressKidUCantKillMobsLrnAppreciatePkNoChallengeLrnPVE
    Zsw -104 Sage Assassin
    TehZsw - 100 Demon Archer

All Luck No Skillz PvPer: youtube.com/user/zsw007
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    edited June 2014
    Options
    not got anything to do about pvp or pve. Getting banned from PWI, going on a private server and putting it on your subscript on the PWI forums. b:sad
    We all know how easy it is to get banned from PWI. Can happen to anyone...

All i wanted to say was "if this guys openings post didnt yet show he's a ******, then his subscript does."
  • tsyfall
    edited June 2014
    Options
    My opening post should have made it clear what kind of thread this would be - an examination of a curiosity.

I thought I made it very clear that I'm going to be a "******" to anyone that has below the intelligence of a baboon, because, you see, logic won't work at that point, but perhaps rudeness will. Not exactly sure how getting banned on a side-show version of this game applies to this thread
  • peckked
    peckked Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Only question I have... why aren't you using tackling slash? It should be in every spark cycle. I'd suggest not cancelling Elimination, not using knife throw, and using tackling slash. I'm guessing you'd see about 20% more damage overall and still be able to maintain permaspark.