So um, 50g per +10 Orb anyone?

Options
2»

Comments

• SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited May 2014
    Options
    OPKossy wrote: »
    Like Tidal Serpents? Such a stupid high price (originally) for a different looking version of what you could get for much MUCH cheaper. b:laugh

It's PWE's new solution to game economics.... The GOLD Sink! b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    ofc this happens when I only need one ocean orb...

Oh well. I will wait for 30/35g sale.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Sevchenko - Dreamweaver
    Sevchenko - Dreamweaver Posts: 661 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    OPKossy wrote: »
    Like Tidal Serpents? Such a stupid high price (originally) for a different looking version of what you could get for much MUCH cheaper. b:laugh

Only in this case its the absolute same thing you could get for much cheaper b:laugh

I think I know the purpose: Increase in-game price of the orb. Indeed that would work, but they forgot to measure 1 gold = 1 dollar and that will absolutely make many many people unlikely to buy more zhen, resulting in a slower income.

They should focus more in making people spend REAL money for gold instead of hardening free players from getting gold. Adjusting Cash shop prices according to in-game economy and forgetting how their REAL money income is important is a sure fail strategy.
    [S.E.V.C.H.E.N.K.O]
    Synthetic Electronic Variant Calibrated for Hazardous Exploration, Nullification and Kamikaze Observation[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Toraah - Archosaur
    Toraah - Archosaur Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    I couldn't care less about the orb prices.
    I'm in love with the new weapon fashion.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

youtube.com/user/xtorah - Assassin PK/TW/NW videos
  • SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    SakuLv - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Since the 10* orb glitch, the 10* orb never been 25gold on sale.
    probably wont ever be again :/
  • MyMate - Dreamweaver
    MyMate - Dreamweaver Posts: 558 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    50 USD in 1 tiny little mediocre refine is abusive.

61.2 USD if u're from Europe b:victory
    "In the beginning, it was claimed that all in Perfect World were equal. But now it seems that some are more equal than others..." ~ Lost City Recluse
  • Verenor - Morai
    Verenor - Morai Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Since the 10* orb glitch, the 10* orb never been 25gold on sale.
    probably wont ever be again :/

Hurray for al abusers who kept their 10* stuff after a tiny ban and **** everyone else who didn't get the code at all \o/
    In constructive form: pwi's management is blind: less boutique content, more in-game farming content.
  • LuckingFoco - Raging Tide
    LuckingFoco - Raging Tide Posts: 712 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    This is how I see the 50 gold "sale" price on ocean orbs. I would have bought enough zen for the amounts below.

At 25 gold I would have bought at least 8 of them

At 30 gold I would have bought at least 6 of them

At 50 gold I will buy none of them

In other words, I am not buying any additional zen. Not only that, I would have bought additional zen tomorrow (due to the zen cap per day) to get the two orbs so I could get my weapon +12.

So, PWI what does that mean to you? A lost sale this weel of roughly $420+
    Malice Leader - Raging Tides

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Yes, the price of ocean orbs has now risen to the level where it is advantagious to abuse the demon/sage card abuse for unlimited event gold (or buy from abusers if you are too lazy) and instead go for +10 with tisha/tienkaning !b:laugh
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • Strife_son - Sanctuary
    Strife_son - Sanctuary Posts: 1,217 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Vote with your wallets. 50 gold per orb is abusive.
  • Nyxsa - Heavens Tear
    Nyxsa - Heavens Tear Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    I may not buy Orbs just yet for my gears but I must say ouch to those who have the coin and want to refine their gears. At this rate, I think my gears will stay a minimal refine of +3-4. Just sad to see the economy worsen because of these ridiculous prices you offer. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RA Demonic Veno ~ Beloved Wife and Newlywed to Zulwarn and a Soldier of Borealis
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Fear not, Burnout is here to save you from these tyrannical prices! For a limited time, my catshop will be selling Ocean orbs for only 40G!

What? 40g?

HE MUST BE CRAAAAAAAAZY?!

(Yes, yes I am.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • IBaMBii - Heavens Tear
    IBaMBii - Heavens Tear Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    I am just trying to figure out this math...

100m in shops before sale...

now 50g sale x 2.8m per gold = 140. b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Liveena - Heavens Tear
    Liveena - Heavens Tear Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    50g per +10 orb, yeah, I wont be buying since its damn expensive.

I want to know the sales report after the "sale" is done.b:chuckle
    Heaven Tear

Liveena 102/102/102 Demon Cleric
    Milfeena 103/102 Demon BM
    Silpheena 104/103/102 Sage R9S3 Seeker
    Cieleena 101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer
  • Transcend - Lost City
    Transcend - Lost City Posts: 448 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    -snip-
    As someone who's been in and out of the game since day 1, I'm probably a 2nd tier player in terms of gear and would've considered putting in some cash to get my armors (+8/+9) up to +10. Instead, I'll just put that towards other entertainment expenses while PWE gets another couple bots in the game. If you want my money, give me five 10*orbs like you did in the past, NOT 2 you greedy ****.

FYI, the money I'm spending on my electric bills solely for PWI (laptop) could've easily been diverted to zen purchases, but PWE is jerking us around with these prices. As long as you continue to misread the economy and increase prices as demand goes down, I won't contribute to the bottom line.

PWE, you need some marketing professionals on your team because you're doing it wrong. The glitchers and 1%ers are already geared up, so you need to address the other cross sections of your playerbase.

Oh but wait, that's right. You don't even have employees that play this ****ing game, just like our Lord Savior Sparkie.
    youtube.com/transcendpw

Latest Release: Electric Daisy Carnival [20 June 2013]
    Total Videos: 38
    Subscribers: 1,775
    Total Views: 1.21 million

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Gonna have to ask that you guys stay on topic, the top being the absolutely ridiculous price of ocean orbs. >>

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Sevchenko - Dreamweaver
    Sevchenko - Dreamweaver Posts: 661 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Gonna have to ask that you guys stay on topic, the top being the absolutely ridiculous price of ocean orbs. >>

Okay...

- "Sale, Sale! Dragon Orbs Ocean, Sale!"
    - "Yay! Is it 50% off? :>"
    - "Not really friend, its 100% ON!" b:laugh

Funny how marketing team uses "SALE" to specify an item is being sold (sale, selling), but people understand its being sold at a discount. (If this was a discount, then it would be a 100% Negative descount lol)

Its like selling a shoe worth 100$ and using "SALE! 200$".
    [S.E.V.C.H.E.N.K.O]
    Synthetic Electronic Variant Calibrated for Hazardous Exploration, Nullification and Kamikaze Observation[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • foley3k
    foley3k Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    So I saw +10 Orbs on SALE for 50g each....seems like PWI is going for the "Printer and Ink" marketing tactic? xd

PWI why you do this QQ! b:shocked

This is why I havent played much lately. The cost of gearing myself up (without using real money) is becoming to high. 1 step forward, 2 steps back. It is a fight I can't win, or compete against. I remember buying +10 orbs for 50ish Mil each, like a year ago? Now I see them at 90+ mil
    NGTUy53.png

• Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    So, this isn't an oops? I had a bit of a chuckle about it when I saw that and figured someone just oopsed the price on the orbs - much like they oopsed the event boutique charms and refinement aids. Figured it'd be fixed in the next update or so...

Can we get confirmation? Was this a dev oops, or is this an intentional setting?
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • plusonepostcount
    plusonepostcount Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    yea nope thats right up there with them flyer upgrade they be tryin to sell they really need to fire ppl that work for marketing and hire someone on section 8 and welfare and food stamps xP
    b:thanks
  • DATALEC - Dreamweaver
    DATALEC - Dreamweaver Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    50 gold isnt a bad price BUT the problem is the price of the gold.
    gold at 1.2m 60m is fine for a +10 orb at 2.7m(dreamweaver) 135m is a rip of we used to buy 3x+!0 to refine from 7 to 10 now its better to buy the damn +8 and +9 orbs.
    And thx to the S card cashers you can +10 everything and still get one shot or do no dmg.

If your +7 now i would not bother refining to +10 the dmg you do will be very little difference
    and the HP you gain from +7to +12 will not make much difference when someone is hitting
    you for 10k+a pop.

I have a +10 magic nw ring if i take that ring off the magic defence i lose(840ish) will make no difference to my defence so wasnt worth refining it to +10
  • FragiIe - Dreamweaver
    FragiIe - Dreamweaver Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    So kossy you're saying that we have to constructively tell new players that in order to play this game you have to mortgage your house, pimp your wife out and make your children get a job? I take that to mean we can't say anything bad about the game?
  • FragiIe - Dreamweaver
    FragiIe - Dreamweaver Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    gold at 1.2m 60m is fine for a +10 orb at 2.7m(dreamweaver) 135m is a rip of we used to buy 3x+!0 to refine from 7 to 10 now its better to buy the damn +8 and +9 orbs.
    And thx to the S card cashers you can +10 everything and still get one shot or do no dmg.

If your +7 now i would not bother refining to +10 the dmg you do will be very little difference
    and the HP you gain from +7to +12 will not make much difference when someone is hitting
    you for 10k+a pop.

I have a +10 magic nw ring if i take that ring off the magic defence i lose(840ish) will make no difference to my defence so wasnt worth refining it to +10

50 gold isn't a bad price? What planet are you from? That's an insane price for an item that's nothing but pixels!
  • Chrisssss - Sanctuary
    Chrisssss - Sanctuary Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    50 gold is $50.00 you can buy a game for less than that. Why exactly is pw increasing the prices? it was 25 err Uhhh $25.00 at one point. Than on top of that takes out silver charms after their was huge outrage by the players. This company is making some terriable calls, I'm not gonna lie I wouldn't even dare speak of this game to my real life friends the way they ignore customers concerns and issues. I'm not just speak about the outrages boutique costs I'm also taking about the horriable customers service and rediculous bans. This game is on the fast track for losing its ever fast slimmed down player base.

Word from the wise

Once again

CUSTOMERS IS ALWAYS RIGHT

You don't have to attend some fansy university to know that it's called COMMON SENSE

you for 10k+a pop.

The point is is that they are increasing price; if you don't speak your mind they'll increase the price even higher. You have to remember that someone has to spend the real life money to keep gold floating for other players to buy.

50 gold = $50.00 irl cash thats pretty expensive for something that wont greatly increase your stats. For $50.00 you should be able to buy a +12 orb not +10.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    $50 would comfortably feed me for a week >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • SpectreBR - Dreamweaver
    SpectreBR - Dreamweaver Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    that isnt actually a sale... they just put to see how many players are dumb enough to buy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Biodegradable post, doesnt harm the environment, only users.
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    $50 would comfortably feed me for a week >.>

Or supply a whole african village with clean water
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Or buy me a +10 orb. b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    go on! sell your kidneys you have 2 of them! :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • RepubIican - Raging Tide
    RepubIican - Raging Tide Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    When I found about +10 orbs 50 gold I slightly raged on world chat about that ._. I guess I wouldn't be csing any time soon.
    Not defined by our limits but by our potential