Littte excell file

WannaBM - Archosaur
WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
edited May 2014 in General Discussion
I updated my excell file that calculates the value of items you can add to your toon per gold invested.

It is all calculated with the variables as is for my toon. A barb with R9 armor and G16 weapon. Standing. Self buffed. The values for a seeker or BM should be fairly similar although their different buffs will have some effect. HPs are more valuable for them while pdef is less significant on the BM and def levels will be less significant on the seeker.

In general however, the value of an emperor tome or an S-card for a barb will not be so greatly different from that for a caster. So i think you can use the outcomes of this sheet even as a rough guideline for totally different toons. People who are good with numbers and understand the PWI formulas very well can change all the values and formulas to their own for a more precise outcome.

What its all about is the outcome in collumn AG. This collumn shows the %your toon improves (total of offense and defence) per gold invested.
The gold value of the items (column AE) is all sale values, archosaur coin/gold values and assumed that you get your armor items to +9 by tisha/tienkang. You may want to enter your own values for all the items here depending on your server and how you get your items.

The fields B1 and B2 are used to enter your personal valuation of pdef vs mdef. The muliplication of these 2 fields should be 1.

In the fields of G1 and G2 you enter your personal valuation of attack strength vs defensive strength.

Most notable conclusions are that
1) JOSD is truely totally out of proportion. But that is the most likely thing to be different for other classes as barbs benefit exceptionally from vit.

2) Moons embrace might be a legit option for HA classes and likewise star destiny might be a legit option for AA classes. This depends on your valuation of pdef vs mdef.

3) until catalysts are 50% off, Scards are not a worthy investment unless you have every other option except JOSD depleted. Even when they are 50% off, they will only be mediocre investments. These calculations didnt even take in the FSP coins required, so if you add that cost, it will be worse. Also, this is their effect when you obtain only 1 S card, the more of them you get, the more chance you get one for a slot that already has an S card and thus their price will increase drastically.

The file is here
Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
Post edited by WannaBM - Archosaur on

Comments

• Verenor - Morai
    Verenor - Morai Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Checked it out, but don't fully understood it yet: row 5 is said to be base stats, but only your attack and str are base? all following stats seemed fully geared. (90 atk levels, 27% crit etc) So where to input which stat exactly :P
  • Socqar - Lost City
    Socqar - Lost City Posts: 511 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    WannaBM do you have Skype or something?

I'm rebuilding your Excel file atm using a different approach you might find interesting.

You built it assuming you have done improve 1 to calculate the gain of improve 3... I'd rather consider each upgrade independent from the previous one and finally sort them by usefulness (ofc except those that are dependent of each other such as recasting NW before refining or +10 wep before +12)

This way the result is different and interesting as well (using your stats now, as I need to adapt the conditions myself for an ea built, but anyway...)

If u wanna just PM me and we can have a chat about it, always good to share the why's and how's :D
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    edited May 2014
    Verenor, yes with base stats i mean how your character is now. Some of the multiplier factors you have to reverse engineer. For example remove a ring with 100 attack and see how much your patt in char screen is reduced. That is the total multiplier. Then substract the str multiplier and you have the remaining muliply factor (coming from passives etc) Therefore it requires a bunch of understanding to fill out these "base" stats. I dont use real base stats because there are so many factors now with nuemas, meridians etc.

Indeed socqar it calculates the difference in comparison with what you currently have. Changing this
    should be as simple as adding a $ sign in the forumlas in row 7 every time where a value from row 5 is used. Put the dollor sign before the 5. Then copy the new formulas trough the collumns. I dont have time now to check it in detail. Ill be back home tomorrow :) You can send me PMs, i dont have skype.
  • Socqar - Lost City
    edited May 2014
    Verenor, yes with base stats i mean how your character is now. Some of the multiplier factors you have to reverse engineer. For example remove a ring with 100 attack and see how much your patt in char screen is reduced. That is the total multiplier. Then substract the str multiplier and you have the remaining muliply factor (coming from passives etc) Therefore it requires a bunch of understanding to fill out these "base" stats. I dont use real base stats because there are so many factors now with nuemas, meridians etc.

Indeed socqar it calculates the difference in comparison with what you currently have. Changing this
    should be as simple as adding a $ sign in the forumlas in row 7 every time where a value from row 5 is used. Put the dollor sign before the 5. Then copy the new formulas trough the collumns. I dont have time now to check it in detail. Ill be back home tomorrow :) You can send me PMs, i dont have skype.

oh I know how :) I've actually rebuilt your tool in order to use those calculations, and I'm using your base to build a dinamic tool that would use "more simple" values, and selectable classes and steps now... I have too much free time lately xD

Will let u know if it works as expected ^^

Actually, by fixing Base Attack the rest of parameters are easily reverse engineered anyway, so as long as R9r wep is acquired it shouldn't be hard to automate the rest...

Nice pattern to work with btw, pretty helpful ^^
  • Socqar - Lost City
    edited May 2014
    I've almost finished my build I'm there by now, but I've changed the way it considers defence... Using that def. Factor is negating the dimishing value of defence due to being applied with a % damage reduction (the more phys fer you have, the least it matters to add more as it leads to smaller reduction on damage)

By using the % reduction of damage as a pondering factor in the final formula it leads to a more viable option to use JOSD for example (effect, not cost ofc) which actually is similar to what asterelle socket calculator outputs...

Will have to double check that later using the calculator to compare builds against the file,

Unless @asterelle feels like helping/assessing/whatever xD
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    edited May 2014
    For the calculations it uses the actual formula for dmg reduction. This diminishing returns should thus be included. A defence factor of 5 means you should on average receive 20% of the dealt to you. The average for the values against magic and physical defence is used after those seperate values are by those factors from b1 and b2.

So B1 and B2 is on top of that diminishing returns because as a barb i prefer to reduce my magic incomming dmg with 10% more than the physical. That is on top of the fact that it takes more pdef to get that 10% than it takes mdef.

Collumn Z should show average effective HPs.