Sacrificial Strike vs g16

Options
Verenor - Morai
Verenor - Morai Posts: 699 Arc User
edited June 2014 in Assassin
I've been doing some damage comparing with 5-aps G15 Vs. 4-aps G16 sins for my alt and I got the result of 4aps G16 being 10% more damage using the Damage Spreadsheet Calculator made a while ago.
That comparison is however without the double int + Sacrificial Strike roll on Dark Death Thorn since I'm not 100% certain I can simply add the proc-rate as extra attack.

So asking here if anyone knows what would be more damage if 5-aps G15 had Sacr.Strike:
5-aps G15: 124,348 dps (not counting Sacr.Strike)
4-aps G16: 137,378 dps
Proc-rate of Sacr.Strike is 15% (found here).

Remember it's for an alt so purely PvE-aspects.

(I'm counting Sacr.Strike and not GoF because simply SS has 46% chance to roll and GoF 2.5%)
Post edited by Verenor - Morai on

Comments

• DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    A lot of it will depend on weapon roll, refine, sharding, etc.
    Add pwcalcs for the builds?
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • Sevchenko - Dreamweaver
    Sevchenko - Dreamweaver Posts: 661 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    I remember G16 daggers while at +5 being stronger than +10 sac/int dark deaths back when I made my g16 daggers.

But another important factor to consider: With 40 att levels you not only deal more damage, you heal more from BP and you don't take ocasional 5% HP damages.

Now, when talking about 62 att levels R9 GoF 4 aps, the 'self-heals' out-performance from G16 is negligible compared to how much DPS you get.

If I recall, R9R3 +5 with about 60 att levels was also stronger than G16 +10
    [S.E.V.C.H.E.N.K.O]
    Synthetic Electronic Variant Calibrated for Hazardous Exploration, Nullification and Kamikaze Observation[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Madebyvisa - Raging Tide
    Madebyvisa - Raging Tide Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    why get sac strike (15%) on g15 when u can get gof (20%) on g15 from a pvp point i take more dmg from +12 gof g15 than i do from +12 g16 .. pve wise i do believe g15 gof out dd's g16 even at same aps rate. (no i didnt do precise math just from what i noticed playing) and im saying gof cuz with nw rerolling g15 is practically free.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Verenor - Morai
    edited May 2014
    Options
    A lot of it will depend on weapon roll, refine, sharding, etc.
    Add pwcalcs for the builds?

All those variables were included in the Damage Calculator Spreadsheet, refines and shards are equal in both g16 wep and g15 weapon. The damage output in those weapons is 10% difference when G15 has a double int (did not even account for the possible 20 atk levels).
    The only question really is "will Sacr.Strike add enough DPS to beat the G16 value which is only 10% higher."

I remember G16 daggers while at +5 being stronger than +10 sac/int dark deaths back when I made my g16 daggers.

But another important factor to consider: With 40 att levels you not only deal more damage, you heal more from BP and you don't take ocasional 5% HP damages.

Now, when talking about 62 att levels R9 GoF 4 aps, the 'self-heals' out-performance from G16 is negligible compared to how much DPS you get.

If I recall, R9R3 +5 with about 60 att levels was also stronger than G16 +10

I know G16 is stronger than G15 with single -int and Sacr.Strike but my question regards double -int +Sacr.Strike. The 5% hp burnage isn't exactly a problem of mine as the DD will be high enough to compensate, I'm purely curious about the DD-outcome.

why get sac strike (15%) on g15 when u can get gof (20%) on g15 from a pvp point i take more dmg from +12 gof g15 than i do from +12 g16 .. pve wise i do believe g15 gof out dd's g16 even at same aps rate. (no i didnt do precise math just from what i noticed playing) and im saying gof cuz with nw rerolling g15 is practically free.

Please read the last sentence of the 1st post, it's purely for PvE :P I know GoF is a possibility but to get double int+gof I might as well try double int on g16.
  • DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options

That depends a whole lot on your HP pool and what you are fighting, if you are pushing beyond 20k hp, GoF will hurt more than BP will return on level 150 bosses, specially those in FSP.

As for the answer to OP then:
    No, SS will not out-dps in any way vs the consistent damage that G16 does.
    SS/GoF will have the upperhand on DPH, granted you pull off a critzerk.

It pretty much boils down to this:
    Spike damage: SS/GoF G15 (but must be critzerks, so not worth it for pve)
    Consistent damage: G16.
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • Verenor - Morai
    edited May 2014
    Options
    As for the answer to OP then:
    No, SS will not out-dps in any way vs the consistent damage that G16 does.
    SS/GoF will have the upperhand on DPH, granted you pull off a critzerk.

It pretty much boils down to this:
    Spike damage: SS/GoF G15 (but must be critzerks, so not worth it for pve)
    Consistent damage: G16.

So even when the consistent damage between G15 and G16 is merely 10% apart, the 15% procrate on Sacr.Strike won't overcome that gap?
  • peckked
    peckked Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    SS should make up the difference of 10% most of the time.

In your first post you mention that this is for an alt and consequently I'd assume you're looking for practical information. Here's my question: Why the academic question? G15 with higher aps and sac slash will out DD G16 with less aps. Does that actually help you? APS is easier to obtain on NV3 with a higher % add and a 3 spots. Consequently, the odds of you getting a g15 weapon that exceeds the average DPS of a G16 is next to nothing. If you don't have either than why are you comparing? Go G16 with 1x -int and call it a day. Stop on g15 if you get really lucky and get 2x int with SS/GoF/Attack Levels.
  • tsyfall
    tsyfall Posts: 9
    edited May 2014
    Options
    I would suggest that you stick with the G15 daggers simply because of 5aps sparked. The extra chi provides much more survivability than 4aps, despite the losses from Sacrificial Slash. Having a higher chi gain also lets you choose to Subsea or Powerdash, further increasing your damage. Don't underestimate permaspark.

Go G16 when you can have 5aps.
  • DionDagger - Dreamweaver
    DionDagger - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    tsyfall wrote: »
    I would suggest that you stick with the G15 daggers simply because of 5aps sparked. The extra chi provides much more survivability than 4aps, despite the losses from Sacrificial Slash. Having a higher chi gain also lets you choose to Subsea or Powerdash, further increasing your damage. Don't underestimate permaspark.

Go G16 when you can have 5aps.

I will have to disagree here. The extra dps makes up for the lack of perma spark, and actually it exceeds it. Remember that 5 aps just you over the amount of chi needed to maintain a perma spark cycle, the extra chi, is wasted to say the least unless you use powerdash/subsea, and even then you will still be out dpsed by g16 because they can use the same skills, and widen the dps gap. At 4 aps, extra chi becomes a kind of non factor, because you can maintain sparks extremely easily.

But that's my take on it. I prefer to kill things faster, i don't care much for permaspark. Saves me money, and time.

G15:
    SS=about 10% dps
    .10 int=about 20% dps

G16:
    40 atk lvs=about 35-37% dps assuming you dont have high amounts already
    .05 int=about8-10% dps

G16 also has a higher chance to get 2x int, HP, dex, range(i love this add), and vit. Some of which are more useful passively than more chi.
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    I will have to disagree here. The extra dps makes up for the lack of perma spark, and actually it exceeds it. Remember that 5 aps just you over the amount of chi needed to maintain a perma spark cycle, the extra chi, is wasted to say the least unless you use powerdash/subsea, and even then you will still be out dpsed by g16 because they can use the same skills, and widen the dps gap. At 4 aps, extra chi becomes a kind of non factor, because you can maintain sparks extremely easily.

But that's my take on it. I prefer to kill things faster, i don't care much for permaspark. Saves me money, and time.

G15:
    SS=about 10% dps
    .10 int=about 20% dps

G16:
    .05 int=about8-10% dps

G16 also has a higher chance to get 2x int, HP, dex, range(i love this add), and vit. Some of which are more useful passively than more chi.

The point isn't damage alone. Perma spark adds extra survivability. It allows you to spark when 4aps couldn't. It allows for combos 4aps couldn't. It isn't AS important for an Assassin as it is for a Blademaster or Barbarian, but it's still certainly a factor to consider. There's more to killing things than what's on paper.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Verenor - Morai
    edited May 2014
    Options

G15:
    SS=about 10% dps
    .10 int=about 20% dps

G16:
    .05 int=about8-10% dps

Pretty much answered my question, thanks. With SS around 10% dps and the difference was only 10%. Perma-spark I can do with even 2.22aps so that's really not what I'm trying to reach with 5aps, merely the highest DD possible.
    As g15+double int+SS equals about the same DD as G16+single int, this answered my question and will go for G16. There's as good as no difference and saves an half hour at the forges rerolling that g15 dagger :P

@Zanryu: Perma-spark would add extra survivability if there wasn't Sacr.Strike on that 5aps set, and the whole reason this thread was made was because of Sacr.Strike :P.
    Spark = 20% hp restored, SS = 5% hp drained, unless SS only tickes 3 times or less 5aps becomes more survivable. But with a procrate of 15%, you can imagine 15 sec spark + 5aps = 75 attacks. 15% procrate = around 10 SS-proc's per spark. That's 50% hp gone for 20% gained. Survivability is with the G16 4aps, as is the easiest high-dd.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited May 2014
    Options

@Zanryu: Perma-spark would add extra survivability if there wasn't Sacr.Strike on that 5aps set, and the whole reason this thread was made was because of Sacr.Strike :P.
    Spark = 20% hp restored, SS = 5% hp drained, unless SS only tickes 3 times or less 5aps becomes more survivable. But with a procrate of 15%, you can imagine 15 sec spark + 5aps = 75 attacks. 15% procrate = around 10 SS-proc's per spark. That's 50% hp gone for 20% gained. Survivability is with the G16 4aps, as is the easiest high-dd.

You aren't applying BP to this, however. When you account for BP, zerks (and especially zerkcrits) aren't going to drain your HP that quickly. After all, 5% of 10k HP is 500 HP. You'll easily be getting far more than that out of BP heals from a second of 5 APS... and most sin farming alts focus on weapon above armor so they have high DPS with low HP... which means BP gives them a bigger heal (percentage-wise) than in comparison to what zerking will take out even if we assume the hits that zerk aren't high enough damage for BP to heal the HP it used.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Verenor - Morai
    edited May 2014
    Options
    OPKossy wrote: »
    You aren't applying BP to this, however. When you account for BP, zerks (and especially zerkcrits) aren't going to drain your HP that quickly. After all, 5% of 10k HP is 500 HP. You'll easily be getting far more than that out of BP heals from a second of 5 APS... and most sin farming alts focus on weapon above armor so they have high DPS with low HP... which means BP gives them a bigger heal (percentage-wise) than in comparison to what zerking will take out even if we assume the hits that zerk aren't high enough damage for BP to heal the HP it used.

I was actually applying BP to this but as this is the Assassin's thread I figured it's a given: the DD between the 2 weapons is equal (we found that out by now), meaning there is no extra BP-gain over the other, yet the 5% drain continues for one. As the post was replying purely on survivability: losing 50% hp in 1 spark Vs. losing no hp in 1 spark, and equal damage output, the G16 has more survivability.
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Dion is omitting the fact that 5.00 means you can spark while you spark as you spark, more or less

Not for damage, but for defense
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • Sevchenko - Dreamweaver
    Sevchenko - Dreamweaver Posts: 661 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Dion is omitting the fact that 5.00 means you can spark while you spark as you spark, more or less

Last I remember Dion was a sage sin b:laugh
    5 aps is in-fact extremely effective PvE-wise, allows you to benefit much more from 20% spark heal AND doesn't break for 2 or 3 seconds after using power dash.
    [S.E.V.C.H.E.N.K.O]
    Synthetic Electronic Variant Calibrated for Hazardous Exploration, Nullification and Kamikaze Observation[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2014
    Options
    The point isn't damage alone. Perma spark adds extra survivability. It allows you to spark when 4aps couldn't. It allows for combos 4aps couldn't. It isn't AS important for an Assassin as it is for a Blademaster or Barbarian, but it's still certainly a factor to consider. There's more to killing things than what's on paper.

If i can solo 3-3 with 2.5 aps r9rr dags +10, +7 aps gear (non r8r), and a +10 g16 helm (8.9k hp base). A 4aps sin could do with in a breeze. Meaning if I am surviving just fine, why would they need the EXTRA survivability? It's over kill. Not only that, unsparked g16>2x int SS/gof G15.

Wouldn't maximizing your DD be the most cost efficient step? If you need the chi that badly, there is always skills, ijs. Once you have decent defenses and hp, the extra chi is overkill, when you could hit much harder and kill quicker. Save you time, and money, which is the whole piont of APS in the first place.
    edited June 2014
    Options

If you need to spark to tank a hit from a boss, you shouldn't be tanking said boss.
    edited June 2014
    Options
    I was actually applying BP to this but as this is the Assassin's thread I figured it's a given: the DD between the 2 weapons is equal (we found that out by now), meaning there is no extra BP-gain over the other, yet the 5% drain continues for one. As the post was replying purely on survivability: losing 50% hp in 1 spark Vs. losing no hp in 1 spark, and equal damage output, the G16 has more survivability.

Here it depends. Stability, vs chance spike dmg. G16 always has higher bp heals. G15 only gives better BP healing when sparked or zerk critting. Considering you will not trip spark for all the mobs/etc, g15 starts to lose its holding, even when talking about chi, at a certain piont, it becomes a waste, and zerks can get you killed on things you cant suck good heals from. I.E. Anti aps bosses/mobs, and physical immune mobs.
  • adamx01
    adamx01 Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    i own G15 GoF/int daggers+11 and iv owned G16+10 i ended up selling the g16's... why? in pve and also pvp, g15s were better. like iv said i have tested both..
  • HideYoHubby - Archosaur
    HideYoHubby - Archosaur Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    If i can solo 3-3 with 2.5 aps r9rr dags +10, +7 aps gear (non r8r), and a +10 g16 helm (8.9k hp base). A 4aps sin could do with in a breeze. Meaning if I am surviving just fine, why would they need the EXTRA survivability? It's over kill. Not only that, unsparked g16>2x int SS/gof G15.

Wouldn't maximizing your DD be the most cost efficient step? If you need the chi that badly, there is always skills, ijs. Once you have decent defenses and hp, the extra chi is overkill, when you could hit much harder and kill quicker. Save you time, and money, which is the whole piont of APS in the first place.

The spark dmg reduction on sage was actually significant for lower sins, might still be, meridians and def passive from prime makes TT dmg kinda joke these days. Then again this coming from somebody who TTs fully buffed with 16.7k hp and 20k+ p.def nowdays. On steel and beast chi regen and extra chi is actually significant as it allows you to spark off debuffs. Only way beast used to kill me was purge and other **** chained with it - Sparking purge is doable and 5aps allows that with far more ease than 4aps does. Steel used to be able to charm jump me with hf, mag debuff and magic attack but I suspect extra defenses I since gotten make said scenario fairly unlikely.

Ps. For PvE I am all for 5aps N3, just extremely cost efficient discounting the -int tome and close enough to R9T3 dps. In PvP lack of zerk is large con but this was bout PvE.
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/103/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#132088 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
    edited June 2014
    Options
    The spark dmg reduction on sage was actually significant for lower sins, might still be, meridians and def passive from prime makes TT dmg kinda joke these days. Then again this coming from somebody who TTs fully buffed with 16.7k hp and 20k+ p.def nowdays. On steel and beast chi regen and extra chi is actually significant as it allows you to spark off debuffs. Only way beast used to kill me was purge and other **** chained with it - Sparking purge is doable and 5aps allows that with far more ease than 4aps does. Steel used to be able to charm jump me with hf, mag debuff and magic attack but I suspect extra defenses I since gotten make said scenario fairly unlikely.

Ps. For PvE I am all for 5aps N3, just extremely cost efficient discounting the -int tome and close enough to R9T3 dps. In PvP lack of zerk is large con but this was bout PvE.

Using skills is just as effective to keep yourself sparked, in addition to tidal. I can solo 3-3 beast (i dont touch steelation due to past experiences with lower gear) with no buffs. If you know the bosses well you can even double spark and aviod a quick purge. Thats why i say the extra chi is unneccessary. As for sage spark reduction, my lv1 windsheild over writes it. The problem isnt extra survivability, its playstyle. The only sins that need that much chi, are those either A. too lazy to use skills, or B. fail to understand that not just auto attacking isn't a bad thing. I got people thinking i have an int tome or I'm an demon because my sin can stay sparked with 3-5 gaps in between if i want to sustain it, and I tend to have similar killspeed to demons in equal gear. Knowing limits plays a large factor here, but its rewarding.
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Assuming that you roll 2x -0.05 int on G15 and only 1x -0.05 int on g16 is unrealistic as heck. If anything, it should be backwards. Not only is 2x -0.05 int on G15 much rarer, but it's also going to cost you more than outright buying a G16 with 2x -0.05 int.

It is kinda giggly that you're assuming that you'll roll a 1:861 on your G15 while failing to roll a 1:134 on the g16, instead only succeeding at a downright hilarious 1:7.

And while I have tweaked Nowitsawn's sheet, I'm definitely not a fan of listing only the output numbers. In pretty much all of the cases where I have seen people present the possibility of G15 being superior to G16, there's some background assumption that makes no sense.

Personally, I own a +10 G15 dagger with 1x -0.05 interval and SS. When I found someone selling a g16 with 2x -0.05 interval, I got that instead and at +6, it's far, far superior to the former. Then again, I'm also a dumb-as-potato sage.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    I would like to add that @ 4aps you are permsparked and @ 2.86 and 3.33 you need to use your chi skills. But, this does not mean you cant use other damage increasing skills like others said, much less.. less as often(as time is concerned). Even with just farming sins the slightly recent additions to the game you will game more with the g16's than you would with zerk niv g15 daggers. The only thing you really need to be concerned with is, if you are going to take the time to farm to get the g16's or pay someone to make them. Nothing has changed much in the farming instances (aside the fbs) that requires g16 daggers much less r9's. The only difference you will get is more dmg more heals and less time per instance.

You have to remember as well, a farming toon is just that. A toon just for farming. If you dump all your coins in that toon to get the next best thing, it defeats the purpose of the toon in the first place.
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • Shadowvzss - Harshlands
    Shadowvzss - Harshlands Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Using skills is just as effective to keep yourself sparked, in addition to tidal. I can solo 3-3 beast (i dont touch steelation due to past experiences with lower gear) with no buffs. If you know the bosses well you can even double spark and aviod a quick purge. Thats why i say the extra chi is unneccessary. As for sage spark reduction, my lv1 windsheild over writes it. The problem isnt extra survivability, its playstyle. The only sins that need that much chi, are those either A. too lazy to use skills, or B. fail to understand that not just auto attacking isn't a bad thing. I got people thinking i have an int tome or I'm an demon because my sin can stay sparked with 3-5 gaps in between if i want to sustain it, and I tend to have similar killspeed to demons in equal gear. Knowing limits plays a large factor here, but its rewarding.

i don't know about sage but after i got steelation working i was able kill him with demon sin without buff and risk (well it was 3-2 not 3-3) with r8 int gear and deitied (aps r8 set), 4 aps and perma spark with 97 att lv(only from stone+weapon), only run away when boss became mad but then could use lunar bow for purge with 3rd spark :D

sometimes simple demon bp heal is over 1k with crit/zerk.

idunno if sage can do it same fast
    edited June 2014
    Options
    i don't know about sage but after i got steelation working i was able kill him with demon sin without buff and risk (well it was 3-2 not 3-3) with r8 int gear and deitied (aps r8 set), 4 aps and perma spark with 97 att lv(only from stone+weapon), only run away when boss became mad but then could use lunar bow for purge with 3rd spark :D

sometimes simple demon bp heal is over 1k with crit/zerk.

idunno if sage can do it same fast

People might say sage BP doesnt matter much, when you are buffed, this is 100% true. But it does allow me to handle purges very well (Primal fear & Dark Colleast).

As for puge the boss, celestial sword spam pretty much purges anything in 4-5 secs. But i can tank his mag hits just by switching to my r9 gears.
  • HideYoHubby - Archosaur
    HideYoHubby - Archosaur Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options

If you honestly claim its only playstyle difference, you are an idiot. Chi skills take time, which is away from dps. They can also be too damn late to spark in time to avoid purge. Extra chi from 5aps is extremely useful and while you can talk bout playstyles all you want, it wont change the reality.

I want to see equally geared sage sin who has similar killspeed to mine in TT. Short periods of time like WS bosses, I can see that happening, but TT with several spark cycles to kill? Say you use wind shield, I`ll be using debuffs from genie. In squad that wont really matter but if one do be soloing, ability to debuff from genie has major impact on killspeed. You can surely Subsea but so could I - Not that I bother usually, I like my inner harmony CD in case I need chi to spark resist.
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/103/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#132088 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
  • ImNotFeelnIt - Heavens Tear
    ImNotFeelnIt - Heavens Tear Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Assuming that you roll 2x -0.05 int on G15 and only 1x -0.05 int on g16 is unrealistic as heck. If anything, it should be backwards. Not only is 2x -0.05 int on G15 much rarer, but it's also going to cost you more than outright buying a G16 with 2x -0.05 int.

It is kinda giggly that you're assuming that you'll roll a 1:861 on your G15 while failing to roll a 1:134 on the g16, instead only succeeding at a downright hilarious 1:7.

And while I have tweaked Nowitsawn's sheet, I'm definitely not a fan of listing only the output numbers. In pretty much all of the cases where I have seen people present the possibility of G15 being superior to G16, there's some background assumption that makes no sense.

Personally, I own a +10 G15 dagger with 1x -0.05 interval and SS. When I found someone selling a g16 with 2x -0.05 interval, I got that instead and at +6, it's far, far superior to the former. Then again, I'm also a dumb-as-potato sage.

I rolled G15 until I got SS and 2x .05 because rerolls were cheaper than rerolling G16 with an EOO every time. Cost me about 60M worth of raps to get that roll, and it's @ +10 my main weapon right now.

I *will* make another set and G16 them, and slowly roll them until I get double int. For the moment, G15 is fulfilling my PVE needs just fine. 4.0 sage was well worth the effort.

\not in a dire rush tho
    \\other than some plinking around in NW, not worried about PvP now or ever
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Here it seems chances of -int are equal for G15 and G16 ? (5% on each of the 3 stats)

rerolling G16 costs 9 million (250k per badge)
    rerolling G15 costs 350k (50k per rap)
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
    edited June 2014
    Options
    If you honestly claim its only playstyle difference, you are an idiot. Chi skills take time, which is away from dps. They can also be too damn late to spark in time to avoid purge. Extra chi from 5aps is extremely useful and while you can talk bout playstyles all you want, it wont change the reality.

I want to see equally geared sage sin who has similar killspeed to mine in TT. Short periods of time like WS bosses, I can see that happening, but TT with several spark cycles to kill? Say you use wind shield, I`ll be using debuffs from genie. In squad that wont really matter but if one do be soloing, ability to debuff from genie has major impact on killspeed. You can surely Subsea but so could I - Not that I bother usually, I like my inner harmony CD in case I need chi to spark resist.

Oh I'm sorry I didn't know that a certain playstyle can make a certain thing objectively as effective
    as your triple spark. Oh wait, it can.

FYI, my PVE genie only has 1 defensive skill, ToP, the rest are to increase my kill speed in TT. In aps gear bosses die in 45 -90 secs 3-2 & 3-3 takes longer ofc, but I don't normally do 3-3. Considering most bosses have 3-4m HP, my first spark burns about 1.3m-1.6m HP off said bosses. I don't even try to avoid purges sometimes, sometimes it cant be helped, but I can also handle them very well. I can do 3-3 Colleast with no buffs, the same from Primal fear. But I also kill these bosses in a reasonable amout of time, because attack lvs actually matter, much more than an over flow of chi.
    Here it seems chances of -int are equal for G15 and G16 ? (5% on each of the 3 stats)

rerolling G16 costs 9 million (250k per badge)
    rerolling G15 costs 350k (50k per rap)

The odds are better on g16, cost being a non-factor.
    If you honestly claim its only playstyle difference, you are an idiot.

You will find that the loss of DPS when using skills is MINISCULE compared to the dps G16 gives.

If you claim playstyle does not make a difference then I would claim you to be the idiot. How is it that I can out DPS my wife using the same daggers? She does not use her skills and genie, I do. I out DPS her because my playstyle is build around killing things efficiently. I make use of all the advantages. Yes, skills take time, but they are worth it. If you can not see that, I have nothing else to say to you.

GG.
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    The odds are better on g16, cost being a non-factor.

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/26054

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/34779

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/26055

ah i had forgotten the link in previous post. Well here all 3 of them. It sais the same chance all
    You will find that the loss of DPS when using skills is MINISCULE compared to the dps G16 gives.

If you claim playstyle does not make a difference then I would claim you to be the idiot. How is it that I can out DPS my wife using the same daggers? She does not use her skills and genie, I do. I out DPS her because my playstyle is build around killing things efficiently. I make use of all the advantages. Yes, skills take time, but they are worth it. If you can not see that, I have nothing else to say to you.

GG.

I agree with hubby. It is like comparing gas milage of your hummer and my toyota. You can say "oh but its all about driving style" and sure maybe your grandma can get a better milage in the hummer than me pushing the toyota to its limits. But that is irrellevant. Its about the car, not the player.

Similarly whilee some player may not use its genie skills and do worse with better gear than the one who uses genie skills with inferior gear, both players will do better with better gear.
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.