Is PWI worth playing still?

robindra1
robindra1 Posts: 6 Arc User
edited December 2014 in General Discussion
i used to play a while back on my char on raging tides (cookie$) and i was wondering is pwi still worth playing? i am thinking about starting back playing and i would like to hear some feedback if i should start back playing. let me know what u think and a big hello to anyone that may have known me.
Post edited by robindra1 on

Comments

• Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    If you only care for some casual gameplay and find a good faction, yea.

If you're looking for something competitive, forget it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • robindra1
    robindra1 Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    hmm ok well ill just wait for a few more replys but rite now i am most likely gonna be re downloading. i should be able to get a good faction , i am lv 101 veno with some pieces of r9 if i remember correct*
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Depends. Everyone who sticks around has their reasons (friends/faction, goals to work towards, fashion/customization, still having fun, ect) despite all that's happened. If you're coming back for any of those, you're more than welcomed to. However, if you hope to contend with top players in PvP/TW, it'll take a lot of time (or cash) to "catch up".

....At the very least, there's a lot to do, what with all the daily quests and instances to run, so perhaps logging in and playing around/examining some of the new features and after a bit of playtime, you can decide if you really want to stay.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Nipon - Raging Tide
    Nipon - Raging Tide Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Yep for me still be worth to play but not worth to put real money on it.
  • Defaultwomen - Raging Tide
    Defaultwomen - Raging Tide Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I lleft the game around the time a red letter helmet came out in a pack and was rare af to get..I decided to leave since I had exams and an e stressing me outb:laugh. Iv'e been lurking around the forums lately trying to catch up on what's new.. and thinking of coming back since I'm buying a new laptop.

How big is PWI now? (GB wise)
  • hiitsmeguys
    hiitsmeguys Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Anyone who posts here obviously thinks it worthwhile playing or they wouldn't be on forum. People who don't think it's worthwhile playing, yet still post here need to reevaluate their lives.
  • FieryBlade - Harshlands
    FieryBlade - Harshlands Posts: 618 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Short Answer: No.

Long Answer: No....You're Welcome
    [SIGPIC]https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/502x102q90/690/fierybladesigna.png[/SIGPIC]

Sig made by me f:sneakyf:despise

I don't have a bad attitude, I just have a personality you don't like
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Short Answer: Yes.

Long Answer: Yes....You're Welcome

Fixed it b:cute.

If you find pwi fun to play, you play it. If you find pwi a chore, you don't play it. PWI = game, it just depends on you on how serious you are about your fun and how much pain you will take before you start having fun.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    PWI is still a pretty good game and offers quite a lot to do if you're new or you're coming back after a very long time.

The bad thing is the inflation and competitive PvP that will require extreme merchanting or charging a lot of real life money to catch up. The majority of people that PvP are those who have been around here for a lwhile already and had time to farm and build up their "fortune" and catch up to the new things.

You can still participate in PvP events, Nation Wars, Territory Wars etc. but without the minimum required gear/refines/shards and other things like reawakenings, war avatar cards, titles, meridian, nuema...there will be a large gap and you'll find yourself rather powerless in most situations.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear
    SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Nah I recommend finding another game to play that has more action,better squad play,pvp etc because this game lacks it now days.The character now is more powerful than the mobs in the game and what fun is that?..its like buy hacks or something...though IMO armor should never have to be bought in a cash shop.
  • Vinat - Sanctuary
    Vinat - Sanctuary Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Time would be better spent on a newer game.
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Deleted
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • Samaranight - Sanctuary
    Samaranight - Sanctuary Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    The game is still worth playing, yep yep. And PVE is still fun, even when you're OP, I mean after all, there was a time mobs used to kick our ***** in the low levels anyway.

I am STILL on the fence on rather or not it is worth charging for still. That ultimately keeps me from starting up an alt and seriously taking it to the point of getting R9.

I can't seem to justify paying 1500 again. 5 years ago when the game was still a lot more "alive" than it is today, this decision would have been easy to make.
  • maestro121
    maestro121 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    sontzu wrote: »

To be fair, I think that only really applies to people with very good end-game gear. Not everyone can afford that, so for everyone else pve can still be fun and challenging

HaHa... not true. G16 +7 gear is considered "mid game" at best yet with that you can still face roll nearly all of PVE excluding maybe a couple of instance dungeons.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited May 2014
    maestro121 wrote: »
    HaHa... not true. G16 +7 gear is considered "mid game" at best yet with that you can still face roll nearly all of PVE excluding maybe a couple of instance dungeons.

I wanna say I agree but... considering the amount of stupid I've seen, it's not quite true that G16+7 is faceroll tier for a majority of instances.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Deleted
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • Yadra - Archosaur
    Yadra - Archosaur Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    So with only a few pieces of R9 you might run into problem going against full G16/full R9/R9R3 characters that have several rebirths/neuma/cards. This can be remedied fairly easily though.

As a veno you'll have a lot of work to do both for yourself and your pet.

Information about the New Horizons Reincarnation:
    For you

Information about Pet Evolution:
    For your pet

The positive thing is that there is also a new system to help you level and make money in game:
    Ways to level

Here is a guide to get going on your Neuma:
    Yay Neuma

Information on the new War Avatars:
    Get your cards here!

Hope that helps!
    Currently 104/103/102
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I never really get why people continually come here and ask this question. You have an account, why not just log in and play to see how things are? Only you can ultimately make the decision on whether or not you enjoy it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • bloodedone87
    bloodedone87 Posts: 1,883 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Depends. Sometimes is fun, sometime is not. Sometimes you find nice ppl, sometimes you find greedy jerks. Sometimes everything runs perfect, sometimes you lagg like hell, or lag spikes. Sometimes you get things that you need or want fast, sometimes you work hard for them. Sometimes an instance run like EU takes 10-15 minutes, sometimes it takes 30-40minutes and thats because some players are to damn proud to tell its their first time, so you can explain to them what to do or not to do.b:pleased
    giphy.gif

• hypereccentrik
    hypereccentrik Posts: 529 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Well the game is still live and people still post on these forums, so defenitly log in and see for yourself. Read some guides and find a faction and your set xD
  • EMOfrever - Harshlands
    EMOfrever - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Fixed it b:cute.

If you find pwi fun to play, you play it. If you find pwi a chore, you don't play it. PWI = game, it just depends on you on how serious you are about your fun and how much pain you will take before you start having fun.
    yawn..
  • SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Unnecessary Necro.

In before the lock.
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011"

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
This discussion has been closed.