Safety Lock Issue

Options
Pistdoff - Archosaur
Pistdoff - Archosaur Posts: 213 Arc User
edited March 2015 in General Discussion
Any reason why after 7 days, i'm still being told i have to wait 3 days for it to change to 1min??

For the past 3 days ive been putting it back to 1 min but still is set as 1 hour and won't switch back. Any reason PWI wont let me change my safety lock time?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
takes 3.3m
takes 6.1m
takes 7.1m
takes 6.0m

OVERKILL b:victoryb:dirtyb:victory
Post edited by Pistdoff - Archosaur on

Comments

• Astraea - Raging Tide
    Astraea - Raging Tide Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    because every time u set it to change it resets the 3 day wait time....

ex:
    day 1 - SL is alrdy at 1hour, u set to 1 min instead, need to wait 2 days without moving it again

day 2 - SL is still at 1 hour, u change it to 1 min AGAIN, so instead of waiting 2 days as it woulda been, u now have to wait 3 days (3 day wait time resets)

day 3 - SL set at 1 hour, u change it to 1 min AGAIN!!, and once again the wait time resets to 3 days as opposed to 1 (from 1st time) or 2 (from 2nd attempt) days

day 4 - SL set to 1 hour, u DONT change anything, timer is at 2 days now

day 5 - SL set to 1 hour, once again u DONT change anything, timer is at 1 day left

day 6 - SL set to 1 hour, once again u DONT change anything and timer is left with anywhere form few hours to minutes before it FINALLY changes to 1 min.

on the SL tab it does day that ANY change will be applied after 3 days, each attempt basically resets that timer
    "Common sense isn't so common anymore." ~ Yusiong - Lost City
    b:surrender
  • Pistdoff - Archosaur
    edited May 2014
    Options
    because every time u set it to change it resets the 3 day wait time....

ex:
    day 1 - SL is alrdy at 1hour, u set to 1 min instead, need to wait 2 days without moving it again

day 2 - SL is still at 1 hour, u change it to 1 min AGAIN, so instead of waiting 2 days as it woulda been, u now have to wait 3 days (3 day wait time resets)

day 3 - SL set at 1 hour, u change it to 1 min AGAIN!!, and once again the wait time resets to 3 days as opposed to 1 (from 1st time) or 2 (from 2nd attempt) days

day 4 - SL set to 1 hour, u DONT change anything, timer is at 2 days now

day 5 - SL set to 1 hour, once again u DONT change anything, timer is at 1 day left

day 6 - SL set to 1 hour, once again u DONT change anything and timer is left with anywhere form few hours to minutes before it FINALLY changes to 1 min.

on the SL tab it does day that ANY change will be applied after 3 days, each attempt basically resets that timer

As i said i waited 4 days and its still 1 hour.. ive been trying it daily since then as figured if i left it for 4 days and it didnt revert then it probably wouldnt at all.. QQ
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    takes 3.3m
    takes 6.1m
    takes 7.1m
    takes 6.0m

• opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Put it to 1 minute, record the time when you did this, and pretend the character you set it on doesn't exist for 80 hours (the extra 8 hours aren't needed but just to be sure) after setting it. Don't even log on that character) to avoid any form of temptation or accidentally doing something and/or forgetting about it. If it still somehow hasn't changed after that, go ahead and do the usual ticket thing.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Pistdoff - Archosaur
    edited May 2014
    Options
    OPKossy wrote: »
    Put it to 1 minute, record the time when you did this, and pretend the character you set it on doesn't exist for 80 hours (the extra 8 hours aren't needed but just to be sure) after setting it. Don't even log on that character) to avoid any form of temptation or accidentally doing something and/or forgetting about it. If it still somehow hasn't changed after that, go ahead and do the usual ticket thing.

thing is its my main toon and i use it to help faction for bosses, culti and also NW and TW this weekend.. I just dont understand how after 4 days it still says 1 hour and hasnt changed to 1 min, even without me touching it since.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    takes 3.3m
    takes 6.1m
    takes 7.1m
    takes 6.0m

• opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited May 2014
    Options
    My best guesses are either:

-You did mess with it again by accident but forgot or didn't realize it.
    -It wasn't quite done yet since it's annoyingly precise about X days/hours/minutes/seconds and you saw it at an hour still just a bit before it would have changed (IIRC, it should show duration left when you look at it). Hence, the reset of the duration.
    -If someone else has access to your account, they may have altered it without you realizing it.

... Actually, the second thought makes me want to ask you if you can provide a screenshot of what it's showing now.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • axaparos84
    axaparos84 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    how to meik the reset for safety lock his still agein 24 hours
    i trai to meni time and i got DC
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Options
    axaparos84 wrote: »
    how to meik the reset for safety lock his still agein 24 hours

i trai to meni time and i got DC
    This looks like a NECRO!

axaparos84 replied to a message that was 9 months 24 days 18 hours 18 minutes old.

Any thread over one month (30 days) old is considered to be a dead thread and you're not supposed to post in them. The person you are replying to probably doesn't care any more or can no longer be found on the forums. The topic itself could be out of date. Next time just make a new thread.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

This discussion has been closed.