Comments

• Dawnfaye - Archosaur
    Dawnfaye - Archosaur Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    b:cry
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I have an endgame barb with 24k HP, thank you.

24k HP was end-game for a barb three or four years ago. Nowadays? Minimum 40-45k HP. But we're mostly talking 50-60k HP. Hell, my cleric only has 2k less HP than your barb.
    He goes uncharmed, and the existence of silver charms in the event boutique would not change that.

Congrats. Many of us don't have that luxury because we want to participate in end-game pvp and TW and it's laughable attempting to do those without a HP charm.
    That being said, I'm well aware of how fast a silver charm would die while equipped on him, and while having to replace charms more often would be an annoyance, it's not the end of the damn world.

It's quit-worthy. It really is with the price of plat HP charms nowadays.
    Interestingly enough, I seem to remember you dismissing an issue that I cared about not too long ago. Funny how these things are all relative, isn't it?

The issue with your issue is that it would affect too many people that still actually play the game currently and that PWI would find it in their best interest to retain and it's also way too damn late for any sort of fix. You also really will not see any increase in the quality of players because most people playing now are people that have been playing for years. If they haven't improved in that time, then chances are they never will and such a change would only serve to **** off way too many people.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    No, please spell it out for me. You apparently derived so much more from sparkie's statement. Why don't you break it down for us laymen.

My question was whether or not there is more information. If they are not gone, where are they? Why were they removed in the first place.

Everyone here is satisfied with being teased with "we'll fix it soon". Refinement was only half of the initial concern, and the majority of the concern from that 15 page thread on the event boutique "update" was focused on the removal of silver charms.

This. The only statemenet Sparkie made regarding silver charms was so decisively vague. He himself has not revisited the statement for clarification when there have been many questions surrounding it. I think we all should know better than to derive so many things from such a vague statement without waiting for or asking for something conclusive.

VenusArmani said it was a temporary change, but I wont consider that to be fact until I hear it from Sparkie or at least anyone else who can actually represent pwe. And if it only is a temporary change, why were they removed and when are the coming back? I think these are questions worth answering.
  • Euzebe - Sanctuary
    Euzebe - Sanctuary Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Agreed. People so easily sated; there's been little to no clarification on the issue of charms, which is a much bigger issue endgame (past 24k hp).
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited May 2014
    This. The only statemenet Sparkie made regarding silver charms was so decisively vague. He himself has not revisited the statement for clarification when there have been many questions surrounding it. I think we all should know better than to derive so many things from such a vague statement without waiting for or asking for something conclusive.

VenusArmani said it was a temporary change, but I wont consider that to be fact until I hear it from Sparkie or at least anyone else who can actually represent pwe. And if it only is a temporary change, why were they removed and when are the coming back? I think these are questions worth answering.

Considering he said, and I quote.
    As for Silver Charms, I am still working on the specifics for that. They are however not gone, they are just not in the event boutique at the moment.
    It's honestly not vague unless you choose to make it seem that way.

The part in red screams "this is not permanent". For the why they were removed and when they'll come back, I refer to the blue: where he admits he doesn't know all the information and is still trying to weasel it out of those responsible.

One thing at a time. I'm impressed he managed to get even this much so quickly considering our past experience with what the folks upstairs our CMs have had to deal with can be like.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    OPKossy wrote: »

It's honestly not vague unless you choose to make it seem that way.

The part in red screams "this is not permanent". For the why they were removed and when they'll come back, I refer to the blue: where he admits he doesn't know all the information and is still trying to weasel it out of those responsible..

"not gone" isn't a translation for "not permanent", I honestly don't know how some are deriving such a specific message from his use of ambiguous language. Maybe there is secret code involved.
    It would help to know the specifics of what he does and doesn't know about the silver charms considering their absence accounts for about 60% of the concern over this event gold issue. Even "I know nothing" is a lot more clear than what he said. Clarity is important when considering the validity of a statement.
    I just think the issue needs to be addressed more thoroughly in proportion to how large of an issue it is. I don't want to be misled with a statement that can contain multiple interpretations of it's language without actually breaking down into the specifics of the issue. It is not like we are asking for a pwe miracle. Even an "I don't know" in the answer portion of each specific question is better than a blanket statement.
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited May 2014
    "not gone" isn't a translation for "not permanent", I honestly don't know how some are deriving such a specific message from his use of ambiguous language. Maybe there is secret code involved.
    It would help to know the specifics of what he does and doesn't know about the silver charms considering their absence accounts for about 60% of the concern over this event gold issue. Even "I know nothing" is a lot more clear than what he said. Clarity is important when considering the validity of a statement.
    I just think the issue needs to be addressed more thoroughly in proportion to how large of an issue it is. I don't want to be misled with a statement that can contain multiple interpretations of it's language without actually breaking down into the specifics of the issue. It is not like we are asking for a pwe miracle. Even an "I don't know" in the answer portion of each specific question is better than a blanket statement.

No, but "at the moment" is a common phrase in the US, that when used the way he is using it here means "for now," as in temporary. This plus the conversation we had with Sparkie (in this case, he did talk with the mod team for a long time. Kossy in particular helped out a lot) has led us to believe that the Silver Charms will make a return to the event boutique. How/When/Why/What Price/etc we haven't been told that type of information. Sparkie himself is finding out information for that. I'm sure he'll update us when that happens. I wouldn't count on anything but the refine aids in the aforementioned time frame, but you never know. We haven't been told anything in that regard. But none of his subsequent posts had led to that conclusion and silver charms atm are very much a work in progress.

That said I can see where the confusion is coming from and will ask him to clarify that post.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Strife_son - Sanctuary
    Strife_son - Sanctuary Posts: 1,217 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    bla

That said I can see where the confusion is coming from and will ask him to clarify that post.

This is all people posting about regarding silver charms have wanted, further clarification from sparkie since this was the major issue in the other thread.
  • sparkiesoft
    sparkiesoft Posts: 47
    edited May 2014
    For clarification purposes,

The silver charms will be coming back, they will not be removed permanently. I have no idea when they will be coming back, because that is something my PM and China are discussing, but they assured me that they will come back permanently, just like before.

If something changes down the line, or they tell me otherwise, I will update you all. For now though, this is all the information I have to go on.
  • MagicEmpress - Lost City
    MagicEmpress - Lost City Posts: 795 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    As you may all know, these items can only be used on bound gear, which is a problem. The problem stems from items that aren't officially account bound, but cannot be moved/traded/etc, thus acting like they are account bound. Because of this, you would need to purchase a bind scroll, which makes it pretty redundant.

I've spent the majority of the day trying to figure out what exactly this issue was, and with the help of the mods, we finally figured it out.

So what happened?

We've been pushing for this event gold boutique change for awhile, and because of that some mistakes were made. It just so happens that China used their own template for their version in their game, in our game. What happened was the item codes ended up getting jumbled, resulting in our refine aids being switched out with their refine aids. (item codes that is) Things happen, but China is being extremely helpful in getting this fixed for us.

Mistakes happen, and we've already made them aware. We are fixing it as fast as we can and I will provide you with further updates as I get them. In the meantime, hold off on buying the current refine aids, until they are replaced by the old ones.

As for Silver Charms, I am still working on the specifics for that. They are however not gone, they are just not in the event boutique at the moment.

God bless you sir. b:thanks
  • Kalopsia - Dreamweaver
    Kalopsia - Dreamweaver Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Very nice job by the GM's / CM on getting the event gold charms back in such a timely manner.

Keep up the good work guys and thank you.
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I have an endgame barb with 24k HP, thank you.

My non-endgame alt barb have 27k hp and is lvl 94...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    yey QQ worked, must QQ more in future:theyre back, discounted, and added really expensive gold ones too..lol

bollywood fashion got added too

no change tisha/tienkang
  • XXxICExXx - Morai
    XXxICExXx - Morai Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    My non-endgame alt barb have 27k hp and is lvl 94...
    Maybe his "endgame" barb is a non standard barb build (claw etc) not everyone judges endgame in the same way.

Anyways back on topic. Keep up the good work Sparkie! b:victory
  • Maiathas - Sanctuary
    Maiathas - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    A big thankyou to them for getting this issue fixed as fast as they have, as well as adding gold charms, which for those with more HP I'm sure will be a welcome addition.
  • Sheswes - Heavens Tear
    Sheswes - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,216 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    A big thankyou to them for getting this issue fixed as fast as they have, as well as adding gold charms, which for those with more HP I'm sure will be a welcome addition.

only if their price drop to 10 gold lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    scruuuuuuuubs killa b:cute Nation War champion b:cool
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Thank you for addressing the charms issue so fast and even added gold charms!
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • MasterofIce - Dreamweaver
    MasterofIce - Dreamweaver Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Now just refine helpers missing
  • tek1nig
    tek1nig Posts: 793 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I am very happy the silver charms are back. But there is an issue you must address while you are on this section of fixing.

I noticed the price of the gold charms in the event boutique is a bit "outlandish" to say the least. It should be only 2x the price of what the silver charm cost is as it only gives 2x the HP.

It would be great if this price could also be moderated with the same haste the silver's where re-introduced.

Thanks in Advance !!!
    VWjvQZ8.jpg
    Assassin - SyntherosX - 105, 105, 105 Calc : https://mypers.pw/13/#654396
    Loyal Perfect World Player 9 Year Vet.
    Youtube&LiveStream @ OROCx24

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver
    DarkSkiesx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Great job sparkie and GMs!

About the Gold charms, seriously guys let's not be greedy. They added silver back at 5 event gold (discounted from 7.5 event gold) so Gold is at normal price i.e 7.5x2=15 event gold.

Jeez..
    DarkSkiesx - Demon Archer
    mypers.pw/1.7/#114350

DarkSeasx - Sage Assassin
    mypers.pw/1.7/#136481

youtube.com/darkskiesx
    Tempest-dw.shivtr.com
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    It would be great indeed but it will never happen this fast xD

(Autoquote :p)

I'm pretty happy if I was wrong in my comment above.
    Thank you !
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • MochiBean - Archosaur
    MochiBean - Archosaur Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Thank you for putting the charms back!

Btw this fashion makes my <3 happy. b:dirty
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Maybe his "endgame" barb is a non standard barb build (claw etc) not everyone judges endgame in the same way.
    Or y'know, maybe my barb is a classic vit build, but I make a conscious decision not to gear him for competitive PVP. I know that's kind of a cardinal sin around here, but maybe we could debate without needing to compare our refine levels as if they were e-peen extensions? Crazy, I know. :)

Back on topic: Looking forward to seeing the new event boutique stuff. I probably won't be able to see it until late tonight, so can anyone confirm specifically what they added? I'm hearing gold charms. o.O And fashion, maybe? What percentage of CS fash is in the event shop now?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Zheii - Archosaur
    Zheii - Archosaur Posts: 2,732 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Thanks for the quick fix PWI and Sparkie! (I know you where probably behind why we got it so fast, someone has to light a fire under some *****)

The gold charm prices are silly though xD;
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Queen of Silly, circa 2014, as conferred by the late great Proski Wallace.
  • peckked
    peckked Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Yay!!
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Or y'know, maybe my barb is a classic vit build, but I make a conscious decision not to gear him for competitive PVP. I know that's kind of a cardinal sin around here, but maybe we could debate without needing to compare our refine levels as if they were e-peen extensions? Crazy, I know. :)

Just saying but this is just your definition of "endgame" which is weird (to me and probably some other people). When most of people are talking about endgame toons, we assume those toons got endgame gears. G16+6 (which is enough to easily get 27k HP being a vita barb) is not really endgame.
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • Strife_son - Sanctuary
    Strife_son - Sanctuary Posts: 1,217 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Nicely done. That's how you fix a problem :)
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Just saying but this is just your definition of "endgame" which is weird (to me and probably some other people). When most of people are talking about endgame toons, we assume those toons got endgame gears. G16+6 (which is enough to easily get 27k HP being a vita barb) is not really endgame.
    We could argue the definition of "endgame" all you like (although just for a quick tip, "more people care about PVP so there" really isn't an argument). But it's all beside the point. Going back to what started this chain of discussion, Eoria implied that people without 20k HP wouldn't understand why the removal of silver charms would be significant. To which I said, yes, I do have a 20k character, so if that's your only criteria, then of course I understand. I just don't agree on what scale of inconvenience it is.

So my using the word "endgame" to describe a character that's not PVP-built was never even a topic until someone took issue with it. And at this point it's basically off-topic on an offhand comment I made that was already off-topic to begin with. It's pretty much the ultimate in nitpicking at this point. :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Thank you so much and I <3 the new fash.

btw, dunno if intentional or not, but the fash is tradeable. 3:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute