Event Boutique Update

1235»

Comments

• Daenerys_ - Archosaur
    Daenerys_ - Archosaur Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    On behalf of a newer small-tier faction who was really excited to finally get into some TW, thanks for nothing yet again, PWI. It's pointless to waste 10+ mil to bid since participation will now be next to nothing as a consequence of the silver charms being removed from the event gold boutique.

I won't speak for other small-tier factions, but I know a good many of my group are F2P players who were just starting to learn the mechanics of PVP. They aren't cash shopping charms. The few that go looking for charms in cat shop or boutique generally can't afford to buy them as a result of many other farming options being removed from game or ruined by "wonderful" features such as auto-culti.

As a 26k hp/33k hp (unbuffed vs buffed) Seeker, yes, more than many barbs... the bronze charms are a joke & are more of a hinderance in PVP than good. As a relatively regular cash shopper... I haven't actually purchased a charm in ages. I, like many others, stocked up on event gold and used the silvers. Any charms I came by from pack opening I would save a good amount back for my members for future TW and sell off the rest to fund faction needs. Now? LOL. What's the point?

Yeah I can afford to keep myself covered but really, what fun will any PVP event be with less participation from others? For me, the fun is the variety.
    As soon as you're born you start dying... so you might as well have a good time. b:victory
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Regarding the whole PWCN business... sorry but anyone who buys the whole "PWI == PWCN" business needs to quit drinking the kool-aid. The DQ points system is just the tip of the iceberg. For a better example, R9 gear is much, much harder to obtain there (I'm pretty sure they don't sell it in the CS, at least not in the way we do). Oh, and from what I understand, they can't use Hypers in Frost. Actually, if it weren't for the rampant gold farming and the PVP-server focus, they'd be the perfect servers.

As far as the "pitchforks" method is concerned, well, does anyone remember SylenThunder's letter-writing campaign? It didn't get far off the ground, but maybe we were going about it the wrong way. What's clear is that PWE doesn't listen to individuals' rants, and isn't equipped to properly respond to the mass complaining that takes place on the forums. Even if a large portion of the criticism is constructive, they still have to sift through the non-constructive criticism to get to it. And then they simply don't have enough people to respond to it. We all want responses from Sparkiesoft, but every time he responds, he gets soundbitten and even more things crop up for him to respond to. That, too, is the nature of his job.

The entire system at PWE is just terribly designed. But I feel as though a few big community members who agree on one message, and then direct it as best they can to Sparkie's superiors, have the most realistic chance of actually getting something done around here.
    Do you even consider that many of us have to do NW uncharmed because we don't have event gold? You know how hard it is to try to win 1v1 when your opponent is charmed but you're not?
    I think that's rightfully my question, seeing as I ran into you on Sunday night and you were quite charmed at the time. :P And it took me and my BM squadmate to kill your half-afk barb.

EDIT: As far as refining aids go... aside from Lunar S3 gear, is anything else realistically affected? TT S3 gear and R9 gear are bound, and anything under S3 can be upgraded to +7 with the free orbs you get from primal culti. So while I understand the whole "OMG DEVALUING" complaint... even in a properly run game, things get devalued. It's an MMO. Nothing is sacred.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • LuckingFoco - Raging Tide
    LuckingFoco - Raging Tide Posts: 712 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    So this is what it feels like to be a drug addict and find out your only dealer has been busted by the popo.

Bad form PWI. Bad form. I am a CSer and buy many plat charms when they are on sale for my main, but use the event gold for charms for my alts. I guess my alts are going to sit idle for a long time.

And speaking of charm sale, would it not be wise to put them on sale when your upper management morons decide to remove the event charms many are dependent on? There is such a thing as cause and effect.
    Malice Leader - Raging Tides

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TZoner - Raging Tide
    TZoner - Raging Tide Posts: 1,764 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    13 pages and not a SINGLE GM response? FOR SHAME PWE....this is NOT how u run a game. To OPKossy....good to have a mod covering the players back please keep us informed when you know something. This is precisely the kind of thing that is going to destroy PWI.....I am seriously disappointed to hear of this. I may not personally use the DQ charms but i know of many that do and even though i logged on yesterday i had no knowledge of this till i looked on forums today. This is about as bad as when they secretly started the removal of DQ and didnt let us know in the patch notes they had changed something...it took someone showing me the change to DQ items and me coming to forums complaining and questioning it for them to even update the patch notes to reflect it...just another time they thought they would try and remove something important from under i noses with no warning....this is sad and not a good way to run things.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited May 2014
    Sparkie and his predecessors have always been the bottleneck between the problems that we face and actual resolution to them (with v4liance being the standout exception, but even he could only do so much). It's the nature of his job. I think what needs to happen is that a few long-standing members of the community get together, decide on a list of priority issues that need addressing, and then (as a group) tell Sparkie that his superiors - not he - need to respond to them directly. We've had silence from them for 5+ years. Until that changes, nothing's going to be fixed on PWE's side.
    Actually, for the most part, the bottleneck has been above our CM's, and with PWE Management and liasing with the company producing the game in China (Wnamei).

I've done the standup routine before more than once. Usually I either get railroaded into a brick wall, or I actually get to an open discussion that typically leads either to partial fix several months later, or to them breaking something else.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Given what we've seen of PWE in the past I think I've figured out why the Silvers were taken out, but bronze charms were left in.

Step 1: Get people to obtain lots of event gold.

Step 2: Make people dependent on Silver charms, then remove them.

Step 3: Make people realize just how much of a hassle it is to equip multiple, low cost charms.

Step 4: Let people start buying Platinum Charms from boutique.

Step 5: Introduce an auto Charm Equipper, which will equip a specified type of charm once the current charm reaches a specified amount of HP left on it. Only 30 gold for 30 days!

It's friggin' genius when you think about it. Well played PW. I still hate you, but well played.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    To those of you not getting the big deal about silver charms: I play a cleric. I have 22k HP buffed. That's like...idek 5-8 charm ticks max for a bronze charm? Add onto this that I CANNOT equip a new charm when in violet dance mode for 1v1s or NW stuff and literally I'll end up getting myself killed because of having to put a new charm on. Venos/barbs are in the same boat due to fox form/tiger form.

I have 4.2k event gold. The only things I was planning on buying were silver HP charms, bronze MP charms, and the occasional fash and smilies. But mostly the silver HP charms.

Like...just ****.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Given what we've seen of PWE in the past I think I've figured out why the Silvers were taken out, but bronze charms were left in.

Step 1: Get people to obtain lots of event gold.

Step 2: Make people dependent on Silver charms, then remove them.

Step 3: Make people realize just how much of a hassle it is to equip multiple, low cost charms.

Step 4: Let people start buying Platinum Charms from boutique.

Step 5: Introduce an auto Charm Equipper, which will equip a specified type of charm once the current charm reaches a specified amount of HP left on it. Only 30 gold for 30 days!

It's friggin' genius when you think about it. Well played PW. I still hate you, but well played.

I wouldn't even be surprised...I can totally see that happening o_o We already have the auto-recovery stones after all.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • imparatulcezar
    imparatulcezar Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Hello every1 who stil play pwi

I want to say that I am very despointed with last update of event boutique about silver charms removing and change of tisha and tienkang stones for bound equipments only , this is a big mistake .

Removing these silver charms its a HARD HIT on PVP players that will affect most of people's that play pwi when the PVP is the last fun objective of this game when people are working and spending much time and money to get powerfull equipment to can fight against their enemy,
    these charms were very helpful items and motivating to play that u guy's cut it off,withouth this motivation many people will stop to pvp this incuding nation wars and territory wars and many will end to play pwi if u don't fix it bk.

Also people's need to refines cheap their gear at least to +7-8 with these tisha and tienkang stones very usefull to refine gear and its not a good move to make them only for bound gear.

Also removing and changing items on event boutique withouth telling us before make me feel robbed u guy's can changes thiks and rules as u wish withouth asking or telling us before and
    manipulate us like shi-ts who the ** u are gods ?

Saying these I think that with these changes u will only get quiting fun from game withouth fun people's will leave and find others games or they will have more free time on real life :)about me I am about to quit if u don't fix it bk .

But if u think a bit u should fix that bk and try to find other options to get money like oceans sale ofers ppls need them a lot or 50 % platinum charms ofer and many other sales some 2 x days or weeks etc.

I am sorry if my English its not very correctly and thank u all .
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Pretty much.

The population has already decreased a lot compared to what it was just an year ago and can't even compare to a few years ago, yet they keep making these mistakes even after repeatedly receiving feedback from the playerbase. I understand they highly depend on Wanmei/PWCN but that's still no excuse for not trying to make things better for us.

I'm still going to stick around but I lost my "passion" for the game a while ago and this recent update/change completely turned me off. Well, I'll adapt and manage with the Bronze Charms but it was still a horrible move, even moreso because they didn't announce it beforehand. That's one more reason for casual CSers (and/or good farmers/merchants) to avoid PvP and one more reason for CSers to be bored because they don't have people to play with

I'm honestly not agitated though. I think what I feel mostly is..sadness for seeing where this game is going and awed at the numerous wrong decisions the upper PWI/PWE management has taken, especially during the last few months starting with the "orb fiasco" thing.

Couldn't agree more.
    In my heart, I still love PWI dearly, the game itself. The Company in charge of it, I loath with the venom of 10000 snakes. They bungle this game so badly the best thing I can think of recently that they did was update the "daily" section of the questlog to include Primal dailies.

I'm not going to buy charms. Take away the bronze ones too, still not going to buy charms. Not from CS, not from a catshop.

It becomes a choice between affording 16mil X2+ per week to buy a couple Plat charms, OR saving up to upgrade my gear. I don't bot 10X accounts, I don't CS (because I don't support the direction the company is taking this game), and the massive inflation of stuff makes it hard to keep up anyway, I don't need to take a huge chunk of my meager profit gain just for a chance at living 1 second longer.

If I was going to invest 10+ mil in a health-related product, I'd rather buy an autopot stone, since at least that'll last me an entire month, and I can regain that investment with less trouble than 100+mil, the cost of 10ish charms per month. If you can afford that, great, but I can't, and won't spend the coin if it will severely delay the upgrades I'm working towards, and I don't think I'm the only one in that position.

I think it's kind of wise that they -didn't- immediately put charms on sale coupled with this change. All it would do is rub our nose in the problem we already know exists, kind of like taking away our sandwich while we slept, then selling it back to us at a slightly "discount" price.

Unless you **** somehow, having event gold means either you worked your butt off for DQ (pre autobotting of course), spent time in the game at all (post autobotting), contributed real life cash to the PWE war machine, or participated in weekly events. All of these things (besides contribution of cash) mean you're playing the game in some way, and why they would want to nerf the rewards for this behaviour is beyond my ability to understand.
  • XShadowshotx - Heavens Tear
    XShadowshotx - Heavens Tear Posts: 278 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Unless you **** somehow, having event gold means either you worked your butt off for DQ (pre autobotting of course), spent time in the game at all (post autobotting), contributed real life cash to the PWE war machine, or participated in weekly events. All of these things (besides contribution of cash) mean you're playing the game in some way, and why they would want to nerf the rewards for this behaviour is beyond my ability to understand.

This. I've relied on Event Gold Silver charms for just about 3yrs, for all my TW/NW needs, told other players who had issues getting plat charms to use event gold. Because the system was better, and if a charm died in a PvE situation you didn't have to re-equip one. Unlike the Plat I still have on from Sunday's NW, that's still half dead.
  • TZoner - Raging Tide
    edited May 2014
    Couldn't agree more.
    ~snip~

If I was going to invest 10+ mil in a health-related product, I'd rather buy an autopot stone, since at least that'll last me an entire month, and I can regain that investment with less trouble than 100+mil, the cost of 10ish charms per month. If you can afford that, great, but I can't, and won't spend the coin if it will severely delay the upgrades I'm working towards, and I don't think I'm the only one in that position.

I think it's kind of wise that they -didn't- immediately put charms on sale coupled with this change. All it would do is rub our nose in the problem we already know exists, kind of like taking away our sandwich while we slept, then selling it back to us at a slightly "discount" price.

Buying anything from boutique is i think their end game goal....like the nice auto pot feature u mentioned...from what i heard their stocks arent doing so good which is quite possibly this sudden push for a way for people to spend more money to play.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Sure, give us flyers without means to actually aquire event gold besides cash shoppping. And don't forget to take out our refines and charms.

Just tell us already that we should take our money and playtime elsewhere. We get the message. b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Verenor - Morai
    Verenor - Morai Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Sure, give us flyers without means to actually aquire event gold besides cash shoppping. And don't forget to take out our refines and charms.

Just tell us already that we should take our money and playtime elsewhere. We get the message. b:laugh

We still have refinement in Event Boutique, check Shop -> Refine. It's pretty stupid they moved everything around like that when it's clearly used for 'crafting' higher refined gear. More-so stupid thing is they made it for Bound-only equipment
  • DoodsWH - Sanctuary
    DoodsWH - Sanctuary Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Im still waiting for some sort of response from our Supposedly Active CM. Come on sparkie some sort of response instead of acting like every other CM except Val.

If you have nothing to report, grow a pair and make a call.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    We still have refinement in Event Boutique, check Shop -> Refine.

I know that. But who binds all his ****? Nevermind the fact helping someone with refines ...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • DoodsWH - Sanctuary
    DoodsWH - Sanctuary Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I know that. But who binds all his ****? Nevermind the fact helping someone with refines ...

not everything you cant lsoe is bound. like r8 gears for example. going to have to spend to bind something i cant lose just to refine? naw no more monies for you pwi
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I don't get why a few try to find a justification to keep playing and others say they will try to adapt (like if this was the only videogame in the world, so there is no other choice but to adapt to anything like a extremophile bacteria).

Recently we got a horrible expansion that made the game more unbalanced. Now they took away the main mean for funding PvP without any kind of notice (because they care so much about us).

If what binds you to this game is the friends, then just migrate to other game, but stop finding justifications. The game is horrible, and there are so many games out there.

Trust me guys, they are not going inform you when they will terminate service to PW. One day they will simply lower the power rods of the servers and then leave a message in the forum that they had to close PW because it wasn't viable anymore for them (and ofc will invite you to try their other games). If that happens while you are still playing, it will almost as bad as tragically losing someone close to you. It's better to accept now the fact that PW is done, and to leave peacefully.
  • ChevaIier - Harshlands
    ChevaIier - Harshlands Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    You have to be joking.

I would have thought the game to INCREASE the size of the plat charms instead of TAKING IT AWAY from the boutique. Do you guys even know how EXPENSIVE it is? I can literally spend hours farming in the game to buy ONE plat charm to burn through all the PVE I go through to get one. This attempt to get us to buy charms through the real boutique to make you earn more money is just completely wrong.

**** you PWI sales team.
  • LadyDagger - Morai
    LadyDagger - Morai Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    They removed hair fashion too b:cry

EDIT: noo they moved it to shirts and blouses. PWI logic
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited May 2014

If what binds you to this game is the friends, then just migrate to other game, but stop finding justifications. The game is horrible, and there are so many games out there.

Well, that's easier said that done. Different people will be interested in different games while others may not feel like starting another MMO. You'd say friends should compromise and pick a game but some may just not enjoy that particular game of choice. Hopping from game to game trying to find one everyone likes is going to be tiring and annoying more than anything.

It works for some groups, it doesn't work for others so they stick around here or get completely scattered. Forming a new group is another option but some people are not interested in that.

I'm merely sticking around because I know my friends are still here (though some of them have quit and we keep in touch outside the game). I don't consider myself bound to them however. If I really feel like quiting, I will quit whether friends are still here or not. I dislike the management and the bad decisions/updates that piled up but I don't dislike the game. I do complain about things but I consider constructive feedback to be healthy.

[SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • TZoner - Raging Tide
    edited May 2014
    I don't get why a few try to find a justification to keep playing and others say they will try to adapt (like if this was the only videogame in the world, so there is no other choice but to adapt to anything like a extremophile bacteria).

Recently we got a horrible expansion that made the game more unbalanced. Now they took away the main mean for funding PvP without any kind of notice (because they care so much about us).

Trust me guys, they are not going inform you when they will terminate service to PW. One day they will simply lower the power rods of the servers and then leave a message in the forum that they had to close PW because it wasn't viable anymore for them (and ofc will invite you to try their other games). If that happens while you are still playing, it will almost as bad as tragically losing someone close to you. It's better to accept now the fact that PW is done, and to leave peacefully.

+1 i have been telling people this for a bit now....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Obviously the only compensation here is the give everyone 500 event gold so that they can get a flyer or other things. Its fair and uh.....balanced.b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited May 2014

To add to this, there are other servers *coughcoughwinkwink* that one can play this game on if someone really likes this game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Jinxers - Dreamweaver
    Jinxers - Dreamweaver Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I seriously hope they'll be implementing silver charms back, or better yet, adding gold. This is downright unfair. We've already had the DQ system taken away from us, and now this?

Plus what's with the event fash being scattered all over the place, and as boring as before? There's so many fashion sets we don't have and people are getting pretty sick of them all showing up in Packs. Man come on. Fix the charm problem at least.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MissMarch - Heavens Tear
    MissMarch - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Not happy about Dropping the Silver charms.

well PWI is not the only ones to Blame. just think of all the People that Glitched the event Gold that was for the euro server you need to blame them also for Cheating the system to get 1,000's of event gold. sadly instead of banning the Cheaters they Punish us all.
  • Marengo - Lost City
    Marengo - Lost City Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I don't get why all the QQing over items in the event boutique anymore - I mean, with DQ rewards gone, how do people even -get- event gold,
    Old supplies.
    Refining aids only work on bound gear, so what? 95% of my stuff is bound anyway.
    Glad for you but you are not the only player. Ppl want to pass gear to alts on different accs for example. Also, with newly implemented things gear loses its value pretty fast. After NW update players who can actually afford Love:up and down recast have to waste their bound Pan Gu. Very profitable, nothing to say.
    Obviously the only compensation here is the give everyone 500 event gold so that they can get a flyer or other things. Its fair and uh.....balanced.b:cute
    Who needs those flyers? Add charms again and no one will ever care to waste gold on them. People who can get 500 gold (via csing or winning tiger event or grinding DQs in the past) have already bought good unbound flights if they really needed them.
    Well, that's easier said that done. Different people will be interested in different games while others may not feel like starting another MMO. You'd say friends should compromise and pick a game but some may just not enjoy that particular game of choice. Hopping from game to game trying to find one everyone likes is going to be tiring and annoying more than anything.
    This ^ + years of working on the gear. It's not that easy to drop everything to move to another game and start over. I feel comfortable in pw, cuz I know it and it's quite easy to play due to my past efforts I spent to get decent stuff. I want to log in and relax, play for fun, not investigate something from zero, spend a lot of time (which I had before but haven't now) and be a lowbie there for years again. I realise it depends on game though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
    pw art ◊ tinyurl.com/q6ca7ar ◊
  • sparkiesoft
    sparkiesoft Posts: 47
    edited May 2014
    Okay, let's clear a few things up...

I was told there would be changes to the Boutique shop, but it was only going to add to it, not remove anything.

I said "no patch notes because minor changes", because the patch notes had nothing to do with the boutique shop. They were minor fixes in that they fixed text, and other miscellaneous issues.

I will talk to my PM when he gets in. If it was indeed a mistake, we will rectify it. If it wasn't, I will try to find the reasoning behind it.

If you're wondering why it took this long to post, well let me explain. I get in to work at 10. I have to drive an hour just to get here, which means I have to get up by 8 and be ready by 9. That leaves little to no time to check forums before I leave home (which I'm not supposed to do anyways). Once I got here, I had to read through 15 pages of rage posts, most which happened to be the opposite of constructive (we talked about this remember?)

So since this issue has been acknowledged, I am going to close this thread and will open a new one, once I have answers from my PM.
This discussion has been closed.