S Cards VS. JOSD/Deity

Options
merchant1337
merchant1337 Posts: 22 Arc User
edited May 2014 in General Discussion
I have been wondering for some time now the S cards carry so many benefits with attack and defense. I am beginning to ponder which one is better? and the cost difference? such as cost difference for full S Cards Vs Full JosD/Deity as well as which one gives your character more advantage in general or flat out better. Anyone with some insight into this please share your thoughts I'm hard pressed which to pursue first Full S Cards or Full JosD/Deity.
Post edited by merchant1337 on

Comments

• GreenLegend - Archosaur
    GreenLegend - Archosaur Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Those are two different entities that can't be compared lightly.

S cards you could spend anywhere from 24 Gold (Meaning 1 S-Card per box from boutique which is near impossible) to what ever amount needed to get those 6 S-cards that equal a set for bonus.

JoSD/Diety are shards/gems that will probably give you a better bonus but in my opinion, I believe going for JoSD/Diety will be much cheaper than an 6 S-card set.
    Dreams are just dreams...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • merchant1337
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Those are two different entities that can't be compared lightly.

S cards you could spend anywhere from 24 Gold (Meaning 1 S-Card per box from boutique which is near impossible) to what ever amount needed to get those 6 S-cards that equal a set for bonus.

JoSD/Diety are shards/gems that will probably give you a better bonus but in my opinion, I believe going for JoSD/Diety will be much cheaper than an 6 S-card set.

Yeah that's a good point, I have this in mind, I was hoping people who have gotten full S cards (does not have to be a set for bonus) could give the average cost they spend to get it. so we can get an idea of some sort
  • Marengo - Lost City
    Marengo - Lost City Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    I was hoping people who have gotten full S cards (does not have to be a set for bonus) could give the average cost they spend to get it. so we can get an idea of some sort
    Average cost is known, packs are in base, odds are written there, there was also a topic with full list of card packs with % for all. Rest is your luck. Imo, gems may be not better, but at least more reliable. Besides it depends on what kind of cards you get, set or not, got same one twice (ability to reawaken) or not, etc. Too many things to rely on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
    pw art ◊ tinyurl.com/q6ca7ar ◊
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    I have made an excel file to calculate such matters.
    On the first line of the file, you fillout your stats as they are. Then below on subsequent lines, you can fill out what additions you get for an item of your choosing and it will calculate the new totals. Total average dph, total average effective HP and the % change compare to the option above.

Filling out the first line will require you to reverse engineer some of your characters stats. It will require an understanding of what all your stats come from and you'll need to be able to work with excel also. If your toon is not a HA/str class espescially as some of the formulas need to be altered significantly then.

So for those who want to experiment with it:

open office file (.ods)
    excel (.xls)

I will probably answer some simple questions here in the thread, but dont expect me to explain everything in detail. As said, this is just a framework for people who understand all the games math and can work with it themselves. I am not Astrelle, i make only **** that works for myself but never made it with the intention to make pretty tools for the public :)

If you make it better, more user friendly, more complete etc, of course feel free to upload it and pass on the improved version :)
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Awesome thread this one

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1685521

Let's take the number of 285 attempts, get any 6 S cards, any slot.

Or take 715 to get each slot filled.

285x4 = 1140 gold = 2.8mx1140 ~3.2b coins

DOD = 90m on my server = 270m per josd ~12 josd cost 3.2b ish.

715 x 4 = 2860 gold = 8b coins; 270m per josd = 29 josd roughly.

We have 24 max slots in gear.

Nuema set goes higher. Cost to lvl the cards = astronomical as well.

This is the long term arms race that everyone can take part in, but only a few will ever reach the end.
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    RankNine - Momaganon Posts: 1,241 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Awesome thread this one

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1685521

Let's take the number of 285 attempts, get any 6 S cards, any slot.

Or take 715 to get each slot filled.

285x4 = 1140 gold = 2.8mx1140 ~3.2b coins

DOD = 90m on my server = 270m per josd ~12 josd cost 3.2b ish.

715 x 4 = 2860 gold = 8b coins; 270m per josd = 29 josd roughly.

We have 24 max slots in gear.

Nuema set goes higher. Cost to lvl the cards = astronomical as well.

This is the long term arms race that everyone can take part in, but only a few will ever reach the end.

or take 2 billion and STILL have no single S card. its all about luck, i HATE luck factors in games. from the money i wasted on bad odds i could have bought a couple of josd. op should do the same.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    noob, can only run, spawnkiller, only white vodoo, only plays for kd,
    never kills anyone, only gear, no skill, no life, cash only, eats dogfood to cash more, lives at moms,
    only survives cause of cleric heals, if we had your gear you would lose. b:cryb:cryb:cry
  • Neodaystar - Sanctuary
    Neodaystar - Sanctuary Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    There is no reason why you can't have both. A good set of A cards (set 4-6 bonus) is better than singular S cards, and is cheaper and easier to obtain (using just flowsilver coins). You can save the money you set aside for catalysts to get the endgame sharding instead. Unless they allow you to get DoTs and DoDs with supply tokens, I highly doubt DoTs and DoDs will stop inflating in price.

As for the benefits of S cards you speak of, keep in mind you have to equip it to the corresponding slot types to get the benefits from the blue stats on the cards. So you could end up like 3xS cards that is a battle type slot or something else and not get the full benefit of the cards if you place it into other slots.
  • merchant1337
    edited May 2014
    Options
    There is no reason why you can't have both. A good set of A cards (set 4-6 bonus) is better than singular S cards, and is cheaper and easier to obtain (using just flowsilver coins). You can save the money you set aside for catalysts to get the endgame sharding instead. Unless they allow you to get DoTs and DoDs with supply tokens, I highly doubt DoTs and DoDs will stop inflating in price.

As for the benefits of S cards you speak of, keep in mind you have to equip it to the corresponding slot types to get the benefits from the blue stats on the cards. So you could end up like 3xS cards that is a battle type slot or something else and not get the full benefit of the cards if you place it into other slots.

What your suggesting sounds logical. I like this plan A cards with decent bonus and then go for JosD/Deity. This is something I can suggest to most players that don't have unlimited supply of visa. You get good bonus and A cards are not as hard to get as S cards and don't kill your pocket (And potential you could be better off if your A cards are a set with bonus) Thanks for your input.

"This seems like the best option at the moment for me where I stand money wise"
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    edited May 2014
    Options
    The downside is that while A cards might not cost coins, it will take years of FSP farming to get the good sets.

Buying coins from other players has a 50% efficiency rate and totally kills the whole benefit of Asets vs Scards
  • Socqar - Lost City
    Socqar - Lost City Posts: 511 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    I have made an excel file to calculate such matters.
    On the first line of the file, you fillout your stats as they are. Then below on subsequent lines, you can fill out what additions you get for an item of your choosing and it will calculate the new totals. Total average dph, total average effective HP and the % change compare to the option above.

Filling out the first line will require you to reverse engineer some of your characters stats. It will require an understanding of what all your stats come from and you'll need to be able to work with excel also. If your toon is not a HA/str class espescially as some of the formulas need to be altered significantly then.

So for those who want to experiment with it:

open office file (.ods)
    excel (.xls)

I will probably answer some simple questions here in the thread, but dont expect me to explain everything in detail. As said, this is just a framework for people who understand all the games math and can work with it themselves. I am not Astrelle, i make only **** that works for myself but never made it with the intention to make pretty tools for the public :)

If you make it better, more user friendly, more complete etc, of course feel free to upload it and pass on the improved version :)

You posted .ods version twice :P I want the .xls :P xD

Thanks
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    edited May 2014
    Options
    You posted .ods version twice :P I want the .xls :P xD

Thanks

Changed the link in the post. Now correctly leads to the xls b:pleased
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    ... confusing x,x
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    ... confusing x,x

When confused, do what i do. Enter 1 000 000 in all the entry fields. Check the numbers on the right. Numbers look good, let's play pwi b:laugh.