Maintenance Discussion [5/20/14] COMPLETE

sparkiesoft
sparkiesoft Posts: 47
edited May 2014 in General Discussion
There will be a maintenance tonight, 5/20/14. It will go from 11PM PDT to 2AM PDT.

There are not patch notes for this maintenance, however there will be some minor fixes.

What time it is for you: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140520T23&p1=224&ah=3

Maintenance Question: You're digging through an ancient burial site, and happen upon a shiny lamp. You unearth it from the ground, and take a few wipes at it to clear all of the dirt and dust. Shockingly, a mystical being appears, and because you've seen this a thousand times in stories, you realize it is a genie! As he comes out, he states that you can have 3 wishes, but unlike all of the stories you've heard, he does not allow you to wish for money, love, or a healthy/eternal life. Since these were the first 3 things that came to mind, you are utterly shocked that you can no longer wish for these! "So then..." the genie asks, "what will you wish for?"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Western - Heavens Tear
    Western - Heavens Tear Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    b:victory yay

I would wish for him to DIE NOW for being soooo useless!!! xP
    b:angry CLEAN isn't GREEN b:cry
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    First non-human reply!

The latest manual patch appears to be: Patch 786-788 14.6MB (15275154 bytes)
    That's average-sized.

This patch hasn't been officially listed yet.
    allow you to wish for money, love, or a healthy/eternal life. Since these were the first 3 things that came to mind, you are utterly shocked that you can no longer wish for these! "So then..." the genie asks, "what will you wish for?
    What are you obsessed with?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    There will be a maintenance tonight, 5/20/14. It will go from 11PM PDT to 2AM PDT.

There are not patch notes for this maintenance, however there will be some minor fixes.

What time it is for you: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140520T23&p1=224&ah=3

Maintenance Question: You're digging through an ancient burial site, and happen upon a shiny lamp. You unearth it from the ground, and take a few wipes at it to clear all of the dirt and dust. Shockingly, a mystical being appears, and because you've seen this a thousand times in stories, you realize it is a genie! As he comes out, he states that you can have 3 wishes, but unlike all of the stories you've heard, he does not allow you to wish for money, love, or a healthy/eternal life. Since these were the first 3 things that came to mind, you are utterly shocked that you can no longer wish for these! "So then..." the genie asks, "what will you wish for?"

I'd wish for:
    -A chance to make amends with my ingame ex hubby who I knew irl (not in the love way, to be friends)

-Removal of my stage nerves since i'm doing music in September

- More creativity to do things like this
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
    Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Influence.

To change the world. To make people live together in peace. To distribute food and ressources fairly amongst us. To save the planet from our own misuse.

Heh, you got me thinking there, sparkie.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • DeadFriend - Dreamweaver
    DeadFriend - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I'd wish for maximum luck, because,you know, it's one of the best superpowers everb:victory
  • Jarkhen - Archosaur
    Jarkhen - Archosaur Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    First wish: the ability to have my following wishes not subject to the arbitrary rules the genie imposed.
    Second wish: infinite wishes.

And then go from there.
    Current: http://mypers.pw/1.8/#133167
    105-103-102

TW/NW Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Axel3200

Some people get R93 and become another cookiecutter DD, other people get R93 and get called out as serious threats. At some point, it's just not about gear anymore. - Qui
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XXxICExXx - Morai
    XXxICExXx - Morai Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Ive seen the movie, I'd free the genie! b:chuckle
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Three wishes, huh?
    -Power to control all facets of any fiction and reality I choose

-Unlimited Wishes (heh, didn't disallow that, my little genie, but if not allowable....time manipulation)

-Power to transform into anything I wish to be
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • rieihdius
    rieihdius Posts: 468 Arc User
    edited May 2014

Interesting, however I think there is a way to at least partially cheat that rule.

If i ask for Infinity knowledge and intelligence I can become
    extremely rich and powerfull, and now if i am rich powerfull and have infinite knowledge and intelligence, i can possibly find a way to cure all the diseases and eventually achieve immortality.

About love.... i would not ask for that since I believe love is something you have to earn and truly feel, so even if this genie would allow for that, it would no be true love but mind control or something like that.

And since i already requested 2 things... mmmm

My third wish would be:
    First wish: the ability to have my following wishes not subject to the arbitrary rules the genie imposed.
    Second wish: infinite wishes.

And then go from there.

basically this

b:sin an infinite number of more wishes, after all even if there are 3 wishes only, the rules do not say that you can not ask for more wishes as a wish b:sin

• GreenLegend - Archosaur
    GreenLegend - Archosaur Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited May 2014

I would wish for:
    1) The knowledge to obtain the money that I desire.
    2) The charm to gain my love.
    3) The meals that give me longevity appear before me every time I sit at the table with hunger.
    Dreams are just dreams...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fae_Harpy - Archosaur
    Fae_Harpy - Archosaur Posts: 267 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    rieihdius wrote: »
    Interesting, however I think there is a way to at least partially cheat that rule.

If i ask for Infinity knowledge and intelligence I can become
    extremely rich and powerfull, and now if i am rich powerfull and have infinite knowledge and intelligence, i can possibly find a way to cure all the diseases and eventually achieve immortality.

With you on this, once you know everything you can truly do anything.

About love.... i would not ask for that since I believe love is something you have to earn and truly feel, so even if this genie would allow for that, it would no be true love but mind control or something like that.

Would have to say no to this, love has been the downfall of too many people and might counter that intelligence you just wished for.

And since i already requested 2 things... mmmm

My third wish would be:

basically this

b:sin an infinite number of more wishes, after all even if there are 3 wishes only, the rules do not say that you can not ask for more wishes as a wish b:sin

As for my second and third wish; second wish would be to go back through time and observe it but not change anything, I just want to see what happened. And last wish, I would want the ability to turn myself into dark energy (and back to human) at will. Not only would it be the best way to study it, but it would be a great way to traverse the universe (especially once our solar system is gone).
    AstriaFae
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I looked to the stars, my aim true.
    Heart peirced, the light flowed.
    And from the dust of Sagittarrius,
    I crafted a bow.
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    The courage to change the things that can be changed.
    The serenity to accept the things that can not be changed.
    The wisdom to know the difference.

That whole "wishing for more wishes" thing? That never turns out well for the wisher.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • sparkiesoft
    sparkiesoft Posts: 47
    edited May 2014
    Clearly I did not think all the rules through! I'll allow it...this time. b:pleased
  • God__himself - Archosaur
    God__himself - Archosaur Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited May 2014

I have the best wish by far.
    I would wish for more genies, hence infinite wishes...

http://static2.beanscdn.co.uk/modules/SbPicture/picture/then-wish-for-more-genies-from-the-other-genius-oh-boy-oh-boy--1.jpg

GG easyb:thanksb:victory

PWI YouTube Channel: -> youtube.com/channel/UCTBXOoQ0a4Y2tXg8XnzvVBg

SweetHara lvl 105-105-103 SB -> mypers.pw/1.8/#141749

God__himself lvl 105-105-102 Cleric
  • rikofwa
    rikofwa Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    i wish for pwi coins they arent real money
  • chally72
    chally72 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    1..A Love Up Down Tomb
    2..A lvl 100/100 Genie
    3..All my r9 gear plus 12 maxed out with everything
    :)b:laugh b:pleased
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited May 2014
    I'd for the first two others stated

Wish 1)Not having anymore wishes bound by the rules

Wish 2) Infinite wishes

But if we weren't allowed to cheat it like that

Wish 1) World Peace

Wish 2) An end to all disease and pestilence

Wish 3) Infinite natural/necessary to survival resources for all (everyone would have a home, shelter, food, water, etc.)

And agreed with love needing to be earned......so would never wish for that.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited May 2014
    Wish 1: The genie gets to have a vacation and enjoy itself after granting my second wish in the spirit I desire (Just in case it's a literal genie, this gives it incentive to not **** me over when granting my wish)
    Wish 2: The ability to grant my own wishes without any rules or limitations.

And from there... whatever I feel like. Cruising through the multiverse with what may end up being a genie best buddy has lots of potential, after all! b:cute
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Kittysama - Raging Tide_1432680721
    edited May 2014
    Kitty would wish for:

1) Endless (winter) night

2) Disappearance of moral and humanity's evil sides(like lust for power, sadistic side of free will, decisive irrationality etc...)

3) Undeath for herself(it has certain advantages to be undead), or technology to advance enough to be capable of creating complete replacement bodies and brain clones(that could be linked with radiowaves to each other like a brain network) so that if one body goes bad or accidentally dies with brains inside it getting destroyed, Kitty's consciousness itself wouldn't disappear but just one brain network terminal would need replacement(bit like "sisters" in A Certain Academic Anime).

Kitty's not wishing much, right?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Final ragequit on 21/02/2014 'cause ARC. Back on 15/04/2014, RL was bored.
    Ten Paths of Kittyness(old mains when deleted): Kittysama 100(100) Sage HA-Venomancer |Aivina 100(101) Sage (ex-Zerk) Str. Seeker | Kittytart 90(101) Demon All path Zerk BM | KittyFishie 92(101) Demon APS/DPH Zerk Assassin | Haroin 100(100) Demon Vit. Zerk Barbarian | Elfborn 82(100) Demon Cleric | Pessimiste 85(100) Sage Wizard | PalavaEnkeli 87(100) Demon Fist/APS-Archer | VerenVanki 85(100) Demon Mystic | MerenPeto 85(100) Sage Psychic
    Current mains: Old psy and 19 new/recreated mains(avg. level 82)
  • Selak - Dreamweaver
    Selak - Dreamweaver Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Personally I would wish to have all the powers the genie has. b:chuckle
    There are old Warriors, and bold Warriors,
    but there are very few old bold Warriors. b:chuckle
  • PeachyKisses - Archosaur
    PeachyKisses - Archosaur Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited May 2014

The genie is a bitter entity. With all that power comes a link to it. That link is overpowering and all ruling. No choice in who you serve. No choice in what you do. And stuck in that little bottle for eternity. You can keep it I will take my wishes and walk away. b:cute
  • Thilina - Archosaur
    Thilina - Archosaur Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    1st Wish. Let there be a 2x after maint.

2nd Wish. Idgaf.
  • PeachyKisses - Archosaur
    PeachyKisses - Archosaur Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited May 2014

Wish 1: I know it's a total beauty queen answer but that's ok- World Peace. b:cute

Wish 2: A self sustaining infinitely growing house. Kind of like the room of requirement. b:victory

Wish 3: Less trolling in worldchat by people who rage on and on over stupid ****. b:laugh
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Obviously I wish for infinite wishes, as he did not state it was against the rules.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Liveena - Heavens Tear
    Liveena - Heavens Tear Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    - The ability to fly
    - The ability to travel to multiverse
    - The ability to time travel

b:surrender
    Heaven Tear

Liveena 102/102/102 Demon Cleric
    Milfeena 103/102 Demon BM
    Silpheena 104/103/102 Sage R9S3 Seeker
    Cieleena 101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer
  • sonicrulze
    sonicrulze Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    1. shorter dailies
    2. hope everyone is healthy not working crazily on game only
  • Jinxers - Dreamweaver
    Jinxers - Dreamweaver Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited May 2014

Didn't you see Aladdin? That won't end well! b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited May 2014
    Didn't you see Aladdin? That won't end well! b:shocked

And that's why I bribe the genie to grant my wish in spirit AND my wish involves a lack of rules and limitations! b:sin
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • CreamDrinker - Dreamweaver
    CreamDrinker - Dreamweaver Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    1 Unlimited knowledge

2 Unlimited wisdom

3 Unlimited compassion

So that I may with all of these achieve the 3 things that jerk originally tried to deprive me of b:angry
    "With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion"-Steven Weinberg
  • Jinxers - Dreamweaver
    Jinxers - Dreamweaver Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    1. Some sort of magic power, maybe becoming a sorcerer
    2. All the future lotto numbers
    3. infinite chicken strips
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]