New big updated release of pwcn today

Comments

• Verenor - Morai
    Verenor - Morai Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    What are ya talking about Ver, me and a certain barb on our server have both soloed FSP many times already o.o. As for blossom, only the stand together shout kills you if you don't resist it in time (faith, spark, ig, tidal, etc).

Although I think I'm missing the topic here, not sure why we're talking about fsp.

Cause we totally derailed and that's common practice b:shutup Ofcourse if you ad/ig etc blossom won't oneshot you but if your dd isn't high enough to kill it before you run out of immunities, it requires 5 people standing together to survive :P

@ranknine: reading is still a big challenge isn't it b:laugh your bragging has no powers here (and you're far from the only squad capable of that)
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    RankNine - Momaganon Posts: 1,241 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Cause we totally derailed and that's common practice b:shutup Ofcourse if you ad/ig etc blossom won't oneshot you but if your dd isn't high enough to kill it before you run out of immunities, it requires 5 people standing together to survive :P

@ranknine: reading is still a big challenge isn't it b:laugh your bragging has no powers here (and you're far from the only squad capable of that)

where am i bragging? did i claim i solod it like other ppl in this thread?

as i said, its all about the debuffs, which requires teamplay.

talking about reading skills, yours need some improvements too.
    medaka wasnt talking about using immunity once, she mentioned a chain of it(as being solo). she wont run out of immunities -_-

why is everyone in the forums so angry today? weird people.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    noob, can only run, spawnkiller, only white vodoo, only plays for kd,
    never kills anyone, only gear, no skill, no life, cash only, eats dogfood to cash more, lives at moms,
    only survives cause of cleric heals, if we had your gear you would lose. b:cryb:cryb:cry
  • Medaka - Morai
    Medaka - Morai Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Yeah, it's pretty much as Rank said. If you resist it alternatively with 3 spark and Faith, given that you have quick enough energy regen on your genie and that you can build 3 sparks in 60 seconds (which even I can do, so it shouldn't be hard), you can chain that way for a long time, and if anything does happen to break your chain you'll still have apoth to save you.
  • Testxvl - Sanctuary
    Testxvl - Sanctuary Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Not sure, but if the boss has the time to cast the disperse/huddle up-skill and they still didn't attack it you might as well replace half the squadb:surrender

It just happens someone hit boss by accident before squad is ready or before everyone are even there, forexample when pulling mobs to the boss room and people start aoeing a little too soon. It happens less often now though...
    This is a test
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary
    Asterelle - Sanctuary Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Quick flythrough of the new primal snow area by that russian Mel/dixgen guy
    not much to see though, I doubt they unlocked the real new stuff yet.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    PWI Calculators - aster.ohmydays.net/pw
  • scruncy
    scruncy Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    What are ya talking about Ver, me and a certain barb on our server have both soloed FSP many times already o.o. As for blossom, only the stand together shout kills you if you don't resist it in time (faith, spark, ig, tidal, etc).

Although I think I'm missing the topic here, not sure why we're talking about fsp.

you mistaken here Meda, Vere is talking about Sixth solo'ing ADVANCED mode !

you are just solo'ing normal mode.
  • Medaka - Morai
    Medaka - Morai Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    scruncy wrote: »
    you mistaken here Meda, Vere is talking about Sixth solo'ing ADVANCED mode !

you are just solo'ing normal mode.

I guess you're assuming I'm lacking reading skills or something. I was obviously referring to Advanced mode and not to Normal one. Simply because you saw me state in another thread that I solo Normal mode on a regular basis doesn't mean I don't also do Advanced one~ (and besides how is it a solo if the myst gets 5 people to cancel out the shout from Blossom?)

Anyway on topic, are there any news about the extra room in FSP being unlocked yet?
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Just saying but everyone was obviously talking about Advanced mode otherwise no one would have mentionned any kind of immune. In normal mode you only need to use immune (spark, apoth, genie, whatever) once at the very last boss. Advanced mode seems to require a lot more immunes and/or very good timing and chi generation.
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • Proski - Archosaur
    Proski - Archosaur Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    nono this is a common belief and mistake

you have to consider the asymptotic curve trend of how damage reduction scales with physical and elemental resistances

i give you an example to explain how resistances work with debuffs and why debuffs should be reworked:

you take 1000 damage having now 20000 resistance value for 83% damage reduction,

you get a 50% debuff your resistance gets halved down to 10000 value for 70% damage reduction, the damage you will take will be 1765 ( 17 : 1000 = 30 : x )

a 50% debuff will've resulted in 70% more damage output (1000 to 1700)

______________________________________________________________________________

now that 1000 damage you were taking,
    after you get the lvl 10 defense passives your resistance went now from 20000 to 36000 for 90% damage reduction,
    damage will be down to 588 (1000: 17 = x: 10 ) and that damage will be amped by lvl 10 skill passive of the enemy = 20% skill passive = 705

you get a 50% debuff that will be applied on the 20000 value cause unfortunately debuffs work like this (and this is where in my opinion PWI should intervene and apply a rework, since defense passives are indeed a passive buff)

so from 36000 your resistance will be lowered to 26000 that is roughly 86% damage reduction

the damage you will receive after the debuff will be 987 ( 705 : 10 = x : 14)

a 50% debuff will result in roughly 30% more damage output ( 705 to 987 )

_____________________________________________________________________________

at the end you will be dealing on the debuffed target less to almost the same damage than what you were dealing on the non-debuffed target pre-NH passives

and you will deal almost HALF of the damage you was dealing on the target after the debuff is applied respect the same scenario pre-NH

and this works if the target is purged, if the target has more buffs, the debuff consistency is even more negligible

forgot to add that if this applies to wizard debuffs,

the same **** applies to your QPQd fortify, or to any other class debuff

there are lot of classes with 20% , 30% debuff skills

all those skills like thunder shock, devour, undine strike, primal ironwood scarab, tangling mires, cleric seals will be useless after lvl 10 passives

if they wont rework the debuff mechanic...

imo the debuff should be applied everytime on the global resistance value and not on the original gear value...

or just boost every each debuff skill to all the classes

i don't know/care about the math, but I believe you, its pretty easy to see from experience alone. in fact, even before passives I never bothered with undine because its real time application for even just marginally under geared sage wizards was simply not feasible. brb, wasting a third of the duration of your only reliable cc (a shiity, kitable silence at that) trying to bump your gush up from 2000->2700, no thx jeff, i'd of much rather primed a sutra sequence before getting auto attacked over my max hp.

your gear looked pretty decked out in the brief moments I caught of that video you posted, but it still looked like you struggled to kill equally geared people without spark? sounds fun.
  • SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    SakuLv - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Thats is so getting out of topic. That stuff has nothing to do with new upcoming updates i believe.
  • Jaabg - Sanctuary
    Jaabg - Sanctuary Posts: 2,256 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    How does the wheel thing work to get cards? Do you have to pay gold to get an item to roll the wheel again? Kind of confused on the topic. And sorry, can't view youtube videos here, so linking those videos won't be of help.
  • Zarkin_Baxil - Raging Tide
    Zarkin_Baxil - Raging Tide Posts: 452 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Any ideas when will we be getting this content?
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited May 2014

As far as I know, New Horizons was released around October in PWCN and it was released "ahead of time" for us in mid December. Depending on how things go it could be between 2-3 to 5 months maybe.. that's just a speculation/assumption.

It's either going to be sometime during summer or during early autumn but take my word with a grain of salt.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited May 2014

"Soon."
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    OPKossy wrote: »
    "Soon."

You...
    You just didn't...
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • opkossy
    edited May 2014
    You...
    You just didn't...

Your tail asked me to... and you know I just can't resist your tail! b:shy
  • Professor_X - Heavens Tear
    Professor_X - Heavens Tear Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Is that like "new dq system soon" or time till someone posts "this game is dying" soon?
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Most likely somewhere in between.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Fryvorg - Sanctuary
    Fryvorg - Sanctuary Posts: 299 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    OPKossy wrote: »
    "Soon."

You forgot to mark that this is now their trademark! You actually meant soon (tm). We don't wanna give them ideas for actual dates. b:shutup
    World is full of illusions.

What if I played a Cleric?

All Joy In Keeping Us Medically Energetic.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary
    edited May 2014
    New primal dailies http://youtu.be/8WMJ7doAw3Q
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
  • Jinxers - Dreamweaver
    Jinxers - Dreamweaver Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I'm ashamed to say I'm kind of excited for that new wep fash. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary
    edited May 2014
    So you can buy a boutique item that lets you auto complete all your dailies... lol https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOrjcENeBUg#t=102
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
  • KingCrash - Dreamweaver
    KingCrash - Dreamweaver Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Subtle way to be paying for Primal Blood.

This game just keeps playing itself more and more with every expansion.
  • opkossy
    edited May 2014
    .... And now we know why they were shoving so many dailies at us.

I wanna say I'm surprised but... at this point I'm really not.
  • Verenor - Morai
    Verenor - Morai Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    So you can buy a boutique item that lets you auto complete all your dailies... lol https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOrjcENeBUg

Farewell gameplay, hello http://oi62.tinypic.com/1zeclf4.jpg
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    So you can buy a boutique item that lets you auto complete all your dailies... lol https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOrjcENeBUg
    OMERGERD I HOPE ITS A DECENT PRICE b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • ICielos - Sanctuary
    ICielos - Sanctuary Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited May 2014

http://img.pandawhale.com/28459-Kramer-scared-gif-jIsA.gif
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited May 2014

We've taken a step ahead from regular laziness
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    that would describe me perfectly
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    So you can buy a boutique item that lets you auto complete all your dailies... lol https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOrjcENeBUg#t=102

And here I thought we couldn't reduce the actual gameplay any more ...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~