Is it too much work for a return now

Options
PlagueEphlik - Harshlands
PlagueEphlik - Harshlands Posts: 9 Arc User
edited May 2014 in Dawnglory (EU)
Is it too much work for a lvl 101 r8 seeker who hasnt played in over 2 years to come back, catch up and maybe pvp?

I had stopped playing because the active pvp seemed to be dying down. Recently looked back into this server however and unless i was looking at a bad time it seems pvp is practically down to just silverpool now as west was empty when i went.

But anyhow what are ppl's opinion on the current state of pvp right now? Ideally i wouldnt want to be limited to only waiting on tw's and nation wars but is this what it would come down to considering my gear is only r8 and id probably have to do boring pve out of my mind to get to a point where i only might find some fun pvp?
Post edited by PlagueEphlik - Harshlands on

Comments

• Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Is it too much work for a lvl 101 r8 seeker who hasnt played in over 2 years to come back, catch up and maybe pvp?

Unless you're willing to throw down a few grand to get at least full r9rr +10 with +10 NW ring and decent orns and some decent cards, then yes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • PlagueEphlik - Harshlands
    PlagueEphlik - Harshlands Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    if thats the case im suprised anyone still plays. I kept watch every now and then on forums to see if anything good has been going on or coming up. When the expansion ( if we're calling it that ) came it seemed to generate no talk at all like it did nothing for the game lol.

however i seen some discussion long ago about how apparently china had this game mode coming up where gear wont matter? But im guessing that will never touch pwi even though that would do good for the game
  • Magnanimous_ - Heavens Tear
    Magnanimous_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options

I had stopped playing because the active pvp seemed to be dying down. Recently looked back into this server however and unless i was looking at a bad time it seems pvp is practically down to just silverpool now as west was empty when i went.

But anyhow what are ppl's opinion on the current state of pvp right now? Ideally i wouldnt want to be limited to only waiting on tw's and nation wars but is this what it would come down to considering my gear is only r8 and id probably have to do boring pve out of my mind to get to a point where i only might find some fun pvp?

If you had truly enjoyed the pvp mechanics of pwi, I would honestly suggest you to check out private servers, because thats really where most of the PK action is right now. Just the top few private servers have a more active player base than the nine official servers combined together, and its likely to stay that way permanently this time around.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited May 2014
    Options
    if thats the case im suprised anyone still plays

That gear is pretty much becoming the average simply because the majority of active players are achieving it. Dunno what else to tell you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• VenomousEmo - Harshlands
    VenomousEmo - Harshlands Posts: 860 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    eoria i challnege you to a ****ing pokemon battle. this time you wont cheat and use every ****ing legendary pokemon there is against my lpoor litleo
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    edited May 2014
    Options
    I only used a ****ing Xerneas. wtf.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I <3 Subtraction.

• Crazybladema - Harshlands
    Crazybladema - Harshlands Posts: 425 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    All I can tell you was the state when I left the game. Everyone and their mom had r9rr gear and pretty much one shot me. Mind you I had nirvy/r8r armors +10 armor and weps. Regardless of my skill or how noob these peeps were. Still couldn't help but die 90% of the time. Take it from me I quit last November for good and never came back. There are better ways to spend your time than deal with people who will shell out thousands of dollars in real life money, just to one shot everyone else who did not.