Mystic Primal ideas

Options
caius775
caius775 Posts: 83 Arc User
edited May 2014 in Mystic
Title says it all, wouldn't it be good if we got more actually useful primal skills? For example, punishing sting could be beefed up some more so it summon like 3-4 stings and lysing it would be more effective. This idea is from the quest when you actually have to tame a sting in the field of punishing stings.

New spidervine I doubt its debuffs should be increased but it should have a trap a certain range to use a reel in effect to pull targets towards spidervine gives it more meaning for its name and more useful in pvp don't ya think?

What about a primal cragglord he can be permanent but the catch is, he drains a reasonable amount of mp per second like vortex. Sage: mp cost is reduced. Demon: chi cost reduce like the orginal. You will still have to heal him and use transference on him so wouldn't it balance out?

Mystic my favorite class, and the forums appear kind of dead over here so hopefully this could be a fun topic even better if its actually taken in for consideration by devs.
Post edited by caius775 on

Comments

• CapnK - Sanctuary
    CapnK - Sanctuary Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Those are interesting ideas, especially the Spidervine Reel In effect. Other than what you mentioned, Comforting Mist is the only other skill that's on the weak side. It heals less than cleric's equivalent skill *and* has longer cooldown.

I really like the squad purify on demon version but the proc chance is poor. Would like the rate increased or lower the cooldown so I can use it more often.
  • Mysticboob - Sanctuary
    Mysticboob - Sanctuary Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    give punishing sting a chance to purge b:dirty
    youtube.com/TheMysticBoob
  • ChevaIier - Harshlands
    ChevaIier - Harshlands Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    lol...mystics are already pretty broken. even though those skills are pretty outdated our other skills are extremely useful. Although, I do agree that a perma cragglord will be fun, but still not as efficient as leeching chiyu or storm mistress.
  • Algiz - Dreamweaver
    Algiz - Dreamweaver Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options

OMG OMG THIS TIMES 100X

but yeah, i'd like to see a general beefing up of Healing Herb and Salvation's Aegis and Martyrdom, and maybe even Warpshield; and definitely would be nice to have a Thicket that could take down like geared players instead of tickle them and lock them up till they get puri proc'ed by the idiot sin with +0 barrier thorns going full aps spam on them with their amazing 12 damage e.e

i think it would also be nice to have a cd reduction for Clear Thoughts from like 5 minutes to maybe 2-3.

to be entirely honest though, the primal skills we did get were extremely useful. Aoe Mist with the dot is just broken as hell; storm dance is amazing when it procs; instant cast lysing is infinitely more useful than the last incarnation of it we had; and i still stand by my Primal Devil.

It could be muuuuuch worse. Our forums could be filled with butthurt and qq floods like the archer forums are since the patch lol
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options

This one could be interesting. Punishing sting is currently a total non factor. It can still be useful in certain situation but maybe have more cons than pros (for example I used to use it against psychics but now this will give too much chances for the purify to proc).
    And it wouldn't be too broken because everyone can oneshot it if needed.

But what should be rewamped the most are healing and vital herbs. Those plants are really useful when you're low level but have really limited interest for endgame players. As I already said here and there it should be based on magic attack.
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89