PWI Mass DCs

Options
ablabahabla
ablabahabla Posts: 67 Arc User
edited May 2014 in General Discussion
Seriously what the hell is wrong with pwi?
why there are lots of mass dcs on lost city server every day?
maybe some staff members should investigate the reasons and keep us informed ...
Post edited by ablabahabla on

Comments

• Myishe - Dreamweaver
    Myishe - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    i don't know what's funnier in that statement pwi staff actually investigating some thing or them keeping us informed
  • SakuLv - Dreamweaver
    SakuLv - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    Colum - Raging Tide Posts: 1,696 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    I have not suffered from a DC a single time except when the fault was on my end.
    Leader of Cyanure on Valonsurma and a proud member of Vertu
    Demon Strength Barbarian 103/103/101

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • Shellene - Dreamweaver
    Shellene - Dreamweaver Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    I have not suffered from a DC a single time except when the fault was on my end.

aren't u the lucky one, i have had dc's daily many times a day, this is not my inet i only have problems like this with pwi anything else with my isp is working great
  • TZoner - Raging Tide
    TZoner - Raging Tide Posts: 1,764 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    i don't know what's funnier in that statement pwi staff actually investigating some thing or them keeping us informed

This made me lol maybe a bit more than it should have. +1
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear
    SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    please not another stuid thread.I meen most of the people are afk anyways or chatting.It isn't like you missed anything in what ..about 5 min or so.
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    please not another stuid thread.I meen most of the people are afk anyways or chatting.It isn't like you missed anything in what ..about 5 min or so.

It is annoying nonetheless, why we must endure poor service or in this case none whatsoever? And if the said Dc happens, let`s say, in the middle of Marriage Quest, then it`s gone for that day, charm ****, wasted GS`s, you name it, if people pay money for this garbage, they might as well expect impeccable service!
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    RankNine - Momaganon Posts: 1,241 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    It is annoying nonetheless, why we must endure poor service or in this case none whatsoever? And if the said Dc happens, let`s say, in the middle of Marriage Quest, then it`s gone for that day, charm ****, wasted GS`s, you name it, if people pay money for this garbage, they might as well expect impeccable service!

he is just a troll, angel..dont mind that captain capslock
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    noob, can only run, spawnkiller, only white vodoo, only plays for kd,
    never kills anyone, only gear, no skill, no life, cash only, eats dogfood to cash more, lives at moms,
    only survives cause of cleric heals, if we had your gear you would lose. b:cryb:cryb:cry
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Yet no-one posts a traceroute to show the issue is on PWI's end...

Demon Pure Mag Cleric 102/102/101 | Demon 4 APS Assassin 102/102/101 | Demon Pure Mag Mystic 102/101/101 | Demon Pure Mag Psychic 100/100/93 | Demon 4 APS-Barbarian 100/100 | HA-venomancer 100 | DPH Assassin 100 | Pure Mag Wizard 100 | Demon Pure Mag Stormbringer 96 | Demon DPS Archer 94 | Sage Vit Barbarian 93 | Demon All-Path Blademaster 93 | Str Seeker 86 | Pure Mag Venomancer 81 | Pure Mag Wizard 81 | Pure Dex Duskblade 47
  • bluestuffzzz
    bluestuffzzz Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Yet no-one posts a traceroute to show the issue is on PWI's end...

When this thread was posted, most of Heaven's Tear was disconnected at the same time. My entire 10-man FSP squad all disconnected and the instance was completely reset @ the last boss. Each person was part of a different location of our world. What's the odds that 10 people disconnect from the same squad @ the same time @ the same server/game, all while remaining in different world locations in real life, different internet providers, and all other services staying in-tact (Skype, Steam, WiFi, YouTube, etc)?

I'd venture to say the odds of that happening are below 1%. Then, what's the odds of the above added with most of the server (verified at the time through world chat, friends list, and faction chat)?

Maybe .0000000000009999%?

Is that more likely than it being a regional router issue on PWE's end?

This is a problem on PWE's end. NOT the end-user's. I can post a trace route if you don't believe me.
    I host an Ecatomb mirror here: ecatomb.gdevtalk.net
    I've been actively playing since late 2008.
    Youtube: youtube.com/user/thecryotonic
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited May 2014
    Options
    When this thread was posted, most of Heaven's Tear was disconnected at the same time. My entire 10-man FSP squad all disconnected and the instance was completely reset @ the last boss. Each person was part of a different location of our world. What's the odds that 10 people disconnect from the same squad @ the same time @ the same server/game, all while remaining in different world locations in real life, different internet providers, and all other services staying in-tact (Skype, Steam, WiFi, YouTube, etc)?

I'd venture to say the odds of that happening are below 1%. Then, what's the odds of the above added with most of the server (verified at the time through world chat, friends list, and faction chat)?

This is a problem on PWE's end. NOT the end-user's. I can post a trace route if you don't believe me.

Please do provide that traceroute then. Considering the internet isn't a magical bridge of X person and their destination and that if it was truly 100% PWE's end it wouldn't be a case of most people DCing because it would affect EVERYONE... you kinda defeated your own argument with your very first sentence.

When the map server crashes, it doesn't only affect a few people on the main map while others are able to run around just fine. EVERYONE on the main map gets kicked off and NOBODY can log into the main map until it comes up again. There are zero exceptions and zero ways around it... and it's something that's completely on PWE's end. When an instance crashes, nobody can enter it. There are no exceptions and it affects everyone. This is also on PWE's end completely. When the server shuts down, nobody can get on and everyone is disconnected. You don't get people who are still able to play the game freely or log in until the servers come up.

When only some of the people playing get DC'd while others are totally unaffected it's... a problem somewhere out in the wide world since there's more to connecting than just your location, your ISP, PWE's location, and PWE's ISP. If everyone isn't affected then it's one of the many locations in the ENTIRE WORLD that had a hiccup. And contrary to your post with percentages pulled out of nowhere, there's a whole lot more chance of error somewhere on the ENTIRE PLANET than there is with either yourself or PWE.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options

http://www.internetpulse.net/

If one has a technical issue whats the odds that a couple thousand to a million pple being affected for a few minutes of bottleneck... alot.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • bluestuffzzz
    edited May 2014
    Options
    OPKossy wrote: »
    Please do provide that traceroute then. Considering the internet isn't a magical bridge of X person and their destination and that if it was truly 100% PWE's end it wouldn't be a case of most people DCing because it would affect EVERYONE... you kinda defeated your own argument with your very first sentence.

When the map server crashes, it doesn't only affect a few people on the main map while others are able to run around just fine. EVERYONE on the main map gets kicked off and NOBODY can log into the main map until it comes up again. There are zero exceptions and zero ways around it... and it's something that's completely on PWE's end. When an instance crashes, nobody can enter it. There are no exceptions and it affects everyone. This is also on PWE's end completely. When the server shuts down, nobody can get on and everyone is disconnected. You don't get people who are still able to play the game freely or log in until the servers come up.

When only some of the people playing get DC'd while others are totally unaffected it's... a problem somewhere out in the wide world since there's more to connecting than just your location, your ISP, PWE's location, and PWE's ISP. If everyone isn't affected then it's one of the many locations in the ENTIRE WORLD that had a hiccup. And contrary to your post with percentages pulled out of nowhere, there's a whole lot more chance of error somewhere on the ENTIRE PLANET than there is with either yourself or PWE.

Okay
    Tracing route to pwigc4.perfectworld.com [66.151.133.70]
    over a maximum of 30 hops:

1    <1 ms    <1 ms    <1 ms  192.168.1.1
      2     *        *        *     Request timed out.
      3     8 ms     8 ms    10 ms  te-0-5-0-5-sur01.minnehaha.mn.minn.comcast.net [
    68.85.166.89]
      4    13 ms    11 ms    11 ms  te-0-6-0-11-ar01.roseville.mn.minn.comcast.net [
    69.139.219.14]
      5    19 ms    26 ms    21 ms  he-1-12-0-0-cr01.350ecermak.il.ibone.comcast.net
     [68.86.94.77]
      6    19 ms    20 ms    19 ms  pos-0-13-0-0-pe01.350ecermak.il.ibone.comcast.ne
    t [68.86.87.250]
      7    20 ms    20 ms    19 ms  ae-26.r05.chcgil09.us.bb.gin.ntt.net [129.250.66
    .65]
      8    19 ms    22 ms    24 ms  ae-6.r21.chcgil09.us.bb.gin.ntt.net [129.250.2.2
    6]
      9    61 ms    61 ms    85 ms  ae-5.r20.snjsca04.us.bb.gin.ntt.net [129.250.3.1
    07]
     10    63 ms    63 ms    62 ms  ae-1.r06.snjsca04.us.bb.gin.ntt.net [129.250.5.1
    3]
     11    63 ms    62 ms    62 ms  xe-0-0-0-4.r06.snjsca04.us.ce.gin.ntt.net [128.2
    41.219.130]
     12    63 ms    63 ms    64 ms  border2.t8-1-bbnet2.sje004.pnap.net [66.151.144.
    80]
     13    65 ms    66 ms    67 ms  perfectworld-10.border2.sje004.pnap.net [64.95.1
    43.190]
     14    85 ms    65 ms    68 ms  66.151.133.70

Trace complete.

Though, posting up a traceroute now instead of when the servers are actually having problems is fairly moot.
    http://www.internetpulse.net/

If one has a technical issue whats the odds that a couple thousand to a million pple being affected for a few minutes of bottleneck... alot.

Sure, that would fall into a regional router issue. Unfortunately, PWE's servers have been doing these disconnects nearly daily on my server for about a month now. Many, many threads have been posted up on PWI forums from various players discussing this, but they are all ignored by PWE staff.
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Sure, that would fall into a regional router issue. Unfortunately, PWE's servers have been doing these disconnects nearly daily on my server for about a month now. Many, many threads have been posted up on PWI forums from various players discussing this, but they are all ignored by PWE staff.
    well another theory is that the server is collapsing under its own ego, and as of course, the greater the ego the more frequent the lag/DC/hiccups. At that point pwi can only do so much as its a natural server reaction to the ego thats poking it. :(
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Colum - Raging Tide
    edited May 2014
    Options
    The thing is 943898498349 people cry about lag/dc issues and do not bother to provide solid proof which would show that yes PWI is the cause of this. Without proof you cannot blame it on PWI, imho.

• bluestuffzzz
    edited May 2014
    Options
    The thing is 943898498349 people cry about lag/dc issues and do not bother to provide solid proof which would show that yes PWI is the cause of this. Without proof you cannot blame it on PWI, imho.

But how do you prove that? Anything I say can be used against me, really. Short from getting word from a staff member of PWE or going through the ticketing auto-response services, how does one obtain proof?

Either way, it's irrelevant. I know that if an entire squad, most faction-mates, and tons of people on world chat are all disconnected from the server at the exact same time, then it's not on the user's end. If it's not on the user's end, then it's either PWE's servers or a hub in the middle causing issues (regional router).
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited May 2014
    Options
    But how do you prove that? Anything I say can be used against me, really. Short from getting word from a staff member of PWE or going through the ticketing auto-response services, how does one obtain proof?

Either way, it's irrelevant. I know that if an entire squad, most faction-mates, and tons of people on world chat are all disconnected from the server at the exact same time, then it's not on the user's end. If it's not on the user's end, then it's either PWE's servers or a hub in the middle causing issues (regional router).

Yeah.

The issue is that so many people instantly jump PWE when it's not necessarily something PWE has control over and the lack of traceroutes or solid info (btw, thanks for showing one above. Seems things were actually rather smooth for you at the time) just makes figuring things out more complicated than it should be.

A short summary of where issues likely lie is as follows.

1 person DCs or various groups having an intermittent connection: Most likely user end.
    A large group/majority of people DC simultaneously: Most likely a regional hub that they all eventually go through. There are a lot of these and considering you tend to go through 8 or more hops, it's actually not that unlikely that a large group of people would be screwed over by one of these failing.
    Everyone DCs: Most likely PWE. While a hub being screwy could potentially cause this, it's rather unlikely since you'll most likely have at least a few people who aren't going through that particular hub.

Unfortunately for us, only issues on the user end and PWE's end can directly be controlled. For the regional hub issues that will cause a vast majority of issues when it comes to this sort of thing, all anyone can really do is sit around and hope that wherever in the world the issues are occurring will get themselves straightened out quickly.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • LuckingFoco - Raging Tide
    LuckingFoco - Raging Tide Posts: 712 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Blame Canada
    Malice Leader - Raging Tides

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited May 2014
    Options

Here is a good start...

At the moment this thread was started, there was indeed an issue on the server-side. After about the third post though, it was over and not occurring anymore.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sparafucile - Harshlands
    Sparafucile - Harshlands Posts: 456 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Yeah.

The issue is that so many people instantly jump PWE when it's not necessarily something PWE has control over and the lack of traceroutes or solid info (btw, thanks for showing one above. Seems things were actually rather smooth for you at the time) just makes figuring things out more complicated than it should be.

It's human nature to blame the easiest/nearest target. At least it proves they are real people and not bots...

Unfortunately for us, only issues on the user end and PWE's end can directly be controlled. For the regional hub issues that will cause a vast majority of issues when it comes to this sort of thing, all anyone can really do is sit around and hope that wherever in the world the issues are occurring will get themselves straightened out quickly.

Restarting your internet connection will result in an attempt to reroute around the problem. This is, in fact, the raison d'etre of the internet...

Blame Canada

Heck yeah!!!
    I have Luke Skywalker on a wibble-wobble; your argument is invalid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Some people cause happiness wherever they go, others whenever they go.
    Don't call me a care bear; I don't care whether you can bear me or not

Sparafucile: SweetieBot, pple is NOT a word
    SweetieBot: Your face is not a word
    edited May 2014
    Options
    my point still stands!b:thanks
  • Sulin - Momaganon
    Sulin - Momaganon Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    got since ~3 weeks high ping fluctuations from 100ms(normal) - 70k+ms. (after PW update)
    and : later the day = more higher the fluctuations
    every other games, websites and dataservers have a normal latence.
    btw. i get no DCs. just frozen screen for 3sec - 5min

any ideas?

EU -Server
    C:\****\****>tracert pwieu3.en.perfectworld.eu

Routenverfolgung zu pwieu3.en.perfectworld.eu [95.172.91.9]
    über maximal 30 Hops:

1    <1 ms     1 ms     1 ms  HomeBox []
      2    26 ms    27 ms    27 ms  rdsl-****-de80.nw.mediaways.net []

3    25 ms    25 ms    24 ms  xmws-****-de02-chan-20.nw.mediaways.net [****]
      4    25 ms    25 ms    25 ms  rmws-****-de01-gigaet-1-0-0.nw.mediaways.net [****]
      5    27 ms    28 ms    27 ms  rmwc-****-de01-so-2-1-3.nw.mediaways.net [****]
      6    40 ms    40 ms    40 ms  rmwc-****-de02-xe-2-0-3.nw.mediaways.net [****]
      7    39 ms    40 ms    39 ms  rmwc-****-de01-chan-5-0.nw.mediaways.net [****]
      8    61 ms    61 ms    60 ms  So3-3-0-0-grtparix1.red.telefonica-wholesale.net [****]
    [COLOR="DarkOrange"]  9     *        *        *     Zeitüberschreitung der Anforderung.[/COLOR]
     10    73 ms    72 ms    72 ms  te0-7-0-20.rcr21.par05.atlas.cogentco.com [****]
     11    75 ms    73 ms    73 ms  be2425.ccr22.par01.atlas.cogentco.com [****]
     12    74 ms    75 ms    75 ms  be2266.ccr42.ams03.atlas.cogentco.com [****]
     13    78 ms    78 ms    77 ms  be2447.rcr21.b021535-1.ams03.atlas.cogentco.com [****]
     14    78 ms    77 ms    78 ms  149.6.60.2
     15    77 ms     *       78 ms  border1.tge7-1-bbnet1.ams004.pnap.net [****]
    [COLOR="DarkOrange"] 16    77 ms     *        *     perfectworldent-6.border1.ams004.pnap.net ]
     17     *        *        *     Zeitüberschreitung der Anforderung.
     18     *        *        *     Zeitüberschreitung der Anforderung.
     19     *        *        *     Zeitüberschreitung der Anforderung.[/COLOR]

US-server
    Routenverfolgung zu pwieast3.perfectworld.com [198.49.243.17]
    über maximal 30 Hops:

1     1 ms    <1 ms    <1 ms  HomeBox [****]
      2    26 ms    65 ms    86 ms  rdsl-****-de80.nw.mediaways.net [****]

3    25 ms    25 ms    25 ms  xmws-****-de01-gigaet-2-15.nw.mediaways.net [****]
      4    24 ms    25 ms    25 ms  rmws-****-de01-gigaet-0-0-0.nw.mediaways.net [****]
      5    27 ms    26 ms    27 ms  rmwc-****-de01-so-2-1-3.nw.mediaways.net [****]
      6    79 ms    41 ms    39 ms  rmwc-****-de02-xe-0-0-3.nw.mediaways.net [****]
      7    41 ms    40 ms    40 ms  rmwc-****-de01-chan-5-0.nw.mediaways.net [****]
      8    50 ms    51 ms    52 ms  xmws-****-de07-chan-0.nw.mediaways.net [****]
      9    51 ms    50 ms    50 ms  ge-3-0.ir1.****-he.de.xo.net [****]
     10    64 ms    64 ms    64 ms  ****.ptr.us.xo.net [****]
     11   150 ms   143 ms   155 ms  vb1042.rar3.nyc-ny.us.xo.net [****]
     12   148 ms   147 ms   148 ms  ae0d0.mcr1.cambridge-ma.us.xo.net [****]

13   147 ms   147 ms   147 ms  ae1d0.mcr2.cambridge-ma.us.xo.net [****]

14   136 ms   136 ms   136 ms  209.117.103.10
     15   135 ms   136 ms   136 ms  border11.te8-1-bbnet2.bsn.pnap.net [****]
    [COLOR="Orange"] 16   136 ms   141 ms   142 ms  perfectworldent-4.border11.bsn.pnap.net [****]
     17     *        *        *     Zeitüberschreitung der Anforderung.[/COLOR]
     18   136 ms   136 ms   136 ms  198.49.243.17

Ablaufverfolgung beendet.

edited May 2014
    Options
    got since ~3 weeks high ping fluctuations from 100ms(normal) - 70k+ms. (after PW update)
    and : later the day = more higher the fluctuations
    every other games, websites and dataservers have a normal latence.
    btw. i get no DCs. just frozen screen for 3sec - 5min

any ideas?

EU -Server
    Not seeing much a problem there, with the exception of a couple of dropped packets. Hop 16 is the PWE gateway, so you won't get a result past it.

US-server
    Also fine, right up until you hit the hub in New York, but the latency still isn't anything huge.
    Screen freezing for a few seconds is something else though. That's most likely a bottleneck on your system.

You have to remember, PWE isn't like other, newer games. It doesn't use your GPU, and uses the CPU for almost everything.

If you'd like more assistance on that, Start Here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sulin - Momaganon
    Sulin - Momaganon Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    it isnt the system. its high spikes latency every some seconds focused in dungeons on afternoon to evening.
    i play this game since years, i have a good know how with hard-/software.

also, i got the same problems with my 2. PC since the same day.

btw. i do not play on US server atm. so i cant tell you anything about it.

edit: i will try to get captured some vids till tomorrow.

Screenshot 14.05.2014 18:28:10h
    HIGH ping ~70k i was in west arch + outside over ~8min frozen server, i was moving arround but didnt can interact with anything. NO DC , after 8min all back to "normal" (normal = like i discribe above)

edit2: also i was playing on CN server before 2 weeks. 350ping ever. but not this kind off lag like on EU server
    edited May 2014
    Options
    it isnt the system. its high spikes latency every some seconds focused in dungeons on afternoon to evening.

HIGH ping ~70k i was in west arch + outside over ~8min frozen server, i was moving arround but didnt can interact with anything. NO DC , after 8min all back to "normal" (normal = like i discribe above)

edit2: also i was playing on CN server before 2 weeks. 350ping ever. but not this kind off lag like on EU server
    Your screen shot is as if you've disconnected from the server, but your client hasn't realized it yet.

Check Here, and then come back with some more information if you need help. (Or start a thread in the right forum.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Titoto - Raging Tide
    Titoto - Raging Tide Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options

That SS and scenario sums up what have been happening to me for the past few days now, I'll be able to walk around but can't interact whatsoever then about 5-6 mins in, I DC. Happened 3 times yesterday and when I dual client only one of my character has this issue and DC's while the other is perfectly fine with smooth ping. I still don't know if it's my end or not
    My forum avatar has been through so many changes by itself it's not even funny -.-
  • Devilskarma - Raging Tide
    Devilskarma - Raging Tide Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    That SS and scenario sums up what have been happening to me for the past few days now, I'll be able to walk around but can't interact whatsoever then about 5-6 mins in, I DC. Happened 3 times yesterday and when I dual client only one of my character has this issue and DC's while the other is perfectly fine with smooth ping. I still don't know if it's my end or not
    Had that plenty of times as well. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aeroboi - Heavens Tear
    Aeroboi - Heavens Tear Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    For Heavens tear server DC issues.

The DCs have been apparent for a month or so now like others have stated. At first the issues seemed to be only one or to people, However this is now a more wide spread issue (if connected at all).

Ive seen 50% of a squad DC at once, only a few people go offline on FL, mass complaints in WC by the masses, and Experienced the issue myself.

I did do Trace routes and I was able to locate the issue when it affected me(ceased for the past 2 weeks). When I could connect the trace route was 100% successful with no spikes. When I couldn't connect to the server (for 5 mins at a time reoccurring) One Link from router to router kept dropping out(ISP routers)

This link if counting outward from PWIs end, was the 2nd hop from the border-gateway.

Heavens tear server >PWI border-gateway > PWI ISP XXXXXX ISP Backbone > onwards to international links > Me

I never kept the trace routs and thus have no proof, only my Experience with the issue in its early stages.

My conclusion was General Maintenance from PWIs ISP(Assumed) Since the problem resolved itself given time, but it seems likely that its moved to other areas or links(Guessing)