New Icon in Squads

Raptorasm - Archosaur
Raptorasm - Archosaur Posts: 1 Arc User
edited May 2014 in General Discussion
Anyone figure out this new chest icon over your characters class in squads? It says "teammate state of earning is standard. If someone know whats good with this please let me know it could be usefull.b:surrenderb:surrenderb:surrender
Post edited by Raptorasm - Archosaur on

Comments

• seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Its probably just the icon to tell if a player character in an RA state is in their x4 or x3.5 EXP states, or something redundant like that...b:lipcurl
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    it is related to botting; specifically, botting in the primal world.

Earning time is basically a timer that serves to limit one's ability to gain drops in the primal world. It resets every week, and once exhausted, one must wait until the reset to be able to gain benefit from killing mobs in primal once again. I have heard that earning time also affects FSP but I'm not exactly sure how, nor am I sure when earning time resets, as I've never exhausted mine.

The chests in the squad menu are there to tell the rest of the squad if any of their members are out of earning time.
  • HideYoHubby - Archosaur
    HideYoHubby - Archosaur Posts: 995 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I dont know bout drops but I was told you cant deal dmg to things in UCH w/o earning time left. Least some people claim they had a sin in squad in such situation. I personally havent tested it.
    __Sami__ - Archer - 105/103/102 - mypers.pw/1.8/#132088 - Active
    HideYoHubby - Assassin - 105/101/101 - Inactive
    WnbTank - Barbarian - 103/101/101 - Catshop
  • Templar - Sanctuary
    Templar - Sanctuary Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    to me it looks like some half done mechanism for prevention 24/7 botting

but people can still bot in morai/pwi world so i dunno why bother

pwi king of half done ideas
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Either that or they're just testing it. But unless it's going to be account bound, it's not going to solve the problem of 24/7 botting. Just means folk will register a few extra accounts with just a single sin on it for autoculti. Not that hard to do.
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • Sevchenko - Dreamweaver
    Sevchenko - Dreamweaver Posts: 661 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    to me it looks like some half done mechanism for prevention 24/7 botting

but people can still bot in morai/pwi world so i dunno why bother

pwi king of half done ideas

Maybe they didn't intend to limit outer world botting?
    PWI is the weirdest **** there is... There are no such thing as "Nirvana tier 3 gears" in china or any other Perfect World Version from what I know. These R9R3 gears we have today are totally different from what they have in china/other PWs

But I do believe earning is just to limit Primal world related stuff, working as intended (means they don't intend to limit outer world botting)
    [S.E.V.C.H.E.N.K.O]
    Synthetic Electronic Variant Calibrated for Hazardous Exploration, Nullification and Kamikaze Observation[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XxRagzxx - Sanctuary
    XxRagzxx - Sanctuary Posts: 258 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    From my understanding, earning time is mainly a PWCN feature. People were saying that after a certain amount of time per day you would no longer gain drops/exp/spirit from mobs/bosses.
    Archer Build:
    pwcalc.com/d38eec6e1f27c7a6
    Sin Build:
    pwcalc.com/d74f267d3be72784
  • DjRacer - Heavens Tear
    DjRacer - Heavens Tear Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Basically all of primal has a earning time limit. What this means is after you've been botting in primal for over a certain amount of time you will no longer get any drops/exp/spirit. This affects fsp cause if you attack the axes at the toad boss no axe will appear. Also if you attack the coins no pages will drop. Seems like you can bot for about 12hours if all you do attack and not pick anything up.
  • ObviousAlt - Raging Tide
    ObviousAlt - Raging Tide Posts: 655 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    it is related to botting; specifically, botting in the primal world.

Earning time is basically a timer that serves to limit one's ability to gain drops in the primal world. It resets every week, and once exhausted, one must wait until the reset to be able to gain benefit from killing mobs in primal once again. I have heard that earning time also affects FSP but I'm not exactly sure how, nor am I sure when earning time resets, as I've never exhausted mine.

The chests in the squad menu are there to tell the rest of the squad if any of their members are out of earning time.

it does take effect in fsp

and this has been in game for a while they just recently added it to the new gui.. its been on the old gui for a long while now
    102 Celestial Demon Archer (2nd Rebirth 102)
    101 Celestial Sage Blademaster (Rebirth 100)
    101 Demon Sin (Rebirth 100)
    101 Sage Seeker (Rebirth 100)
    101 Sage Wiz (Rebirth 100)
    101 Sage Cleric (Rebirth 100)
    101 Sage Barb (Rebirth 100)
    101 Demon Duskblade (2nd Rebirth 101)
  • Asishi - Archosaur
    Asishi - Archosaur Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    From my understanding, earning time is mainly a PWCN feature. People were saying that after a certain amount of time per day you would no longer gain drops/exp/spirit from mobs/bosses.

This, due to the horrible botting issue they had -before- auto-cultivation was introduced. On the other hand, we do appear to have gotten a fully functional edition of the limiter for primal, for whatever reason.
  • Sevchenko - Dreamweaver
    Sevchenko - Dreamweaver Posts: 661 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Thank god this "earning" **** does only take effect on primal world.

Imagine being unable to farm Full Warsong or TT/LG for having exausted your earning time? That would be game-killing.
    [S.E.V.C.H.E.N.K.O]
    Synthetic Electronic Variant Calibrated for Hazardous Exploration, Nullification and Kamikaze Observation[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,880 Community Moderator
    edited May 2014
    Thank god this "earning" **** does only take effect on primal world.

Imagine being unable to farm Full Warsong or TT/LG for having exausted your earning time? That would be game-killing.

Well I would hope instance would not be affected by this system. Its always been in the game but never been active. Im guessing we may see this become more active as time passes.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited May 2014

People would just bot on even more alts than they already do...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~