Botting Territory Ownership

Options
Templar - Sanctuary
Templar - Sanctuary Posts: 607 Arc User
edited May 2014 in General Discussion
Since many people on my server claim rights to Botting land ownership i decided to make a guide

unlike animals who urinate their land to mark it we can set cat shop so other people bots can clearly see and find other area so we don't get confusion...

1st pick strong alt with charm on and put it in cat shop while setting insane price for some **** so peopel dont buy cat shop and clear ur name right?

b:laugh
b:kiss

http://i.imgur.com/KipEMuI.jpg

Wasn't that easy now we have a proof the land have our name on it !!
Post edited by Templar - Sanctuary on

Comments

• XxWilxX - Heavens Tear
    XxWilxX - Heavens Tear Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    hehehehe lol XD
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    b:laugh{b:chuckle}b:laugh>>I kinda like the idea of this thread! It'll give me a whole new list of ways, that I can consider that I've messed with someone, when I find them hogging an area...b:pleased

I just luv too drop a trail of coin for bots to play follow / farm off of me, just to see how far I can scoot them over in the area, or just simply run out in front of them and pull a swarm of their mobs and AOE Them, while the poor bott waits to try and pick up My Drops, as I do a quick harvest in front of them (I do just luv to go and play at Claim Jumping, even if only for just a little while to kill the monotony & boredom) b:dirty
  • Evalria - Sanctuary
    Evalria - Sanctuary Posts: 202 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    That should be done in the Morai map especially, the bots there were a serious problem for me when I tried to complete my quest chain. b:surrender

Would be a sort of "I own this place, get off my lawn kid!" moment.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Templar - Sanctuary
    Templar - Sanctuary Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    No trespassing

:)
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    -removed-Seriously the amount of bots there, and friggin alts to pick their drops - is insane, the devs or w/e need to make all DQ items worth 1 coin or make auto culti only last 1 hour per account per day or smth.
  • Domethies - Raging Tide
    Domethies - Raging Tide Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    [QUOTE=Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary;21511031...the devs or w/e need to make all DQ items worth 1 coin... [/QUOTE]

I was going to disagree but then i realised, lowbie dq is already worth 1 coin so its not an income for lowbies and i dont even farm it, so yeah do this b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Seriously the amount of bots there, and friggin alts to pick their drops - is insane, the devs or w/e need to make all DQ items worth 1 coin or make auto culti only last 1 hour per account per day or smth.

I have to agree that it is ridiculous in Morai, and can be a problem. The other day I got that random extra quest from Jintao, but there are only four of one of the mobs you are required to kill, and my veno couldn't kill them before the sin that was botting there did. It seems ridiculous that I should have to call in help from a friend to complete an easy quest because people are inconsiderate enough to bot quest mobs.

What they should do, is make a separate channel for bots to enter, like how we enter Story Mode in Primal World. There could be some sort of Bot Mode which is just a copy of the original map but empty of questers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Fail_BM - Raging Tide
    Fail_BM - Raging Tide Posts: 929 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    make all DQ items worth 1 coin

And there we will suffer because PWE cannot handle their own mistakes. If they are going to do something it would be good for those who doesn't bot all day too, like limiting botting time, a botting channel or remove the damn botting program, we didn't need it anyways.
  • Samaranight - Sanctuary
    Samaranight - Sanctuary Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Seriously the amount of bots there, and friggin alts to pick their drops - is insane, the devs or w/e need to make all DQ items worth 1 coin or make auto culti only last 1 hour per account per day or smth.

If they do that, I hope they announce it a week before doing it, so I can NPC my 2 mil worth of DQ stuff I've been collecting for several months now.
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    And there we will suffer because PWE cannot handle their own mistakes. If they are going to do something it would be good for those who doesn't bot all day too, like limiting botting time, a botting channel or remove the damn botting program, we didn't need it anyways.

What mistake? It's PWI that did chose to make PVE servers while PWCN doesn't have any, I said it many times, PWCN doesn't have issue with the botting system cause they can PK the bots, as the same that HL and LC doesn't have issue with the botting system. You did chose a PVE server, handle the consequences of your choices. I highly doubt the PWCN's devs change the botting system just to please the PVE servers of PWI (I don't know if any other versions of PW have PVE servers) and I doubt PWI have the power to change anything in the botting system.

The way people speak there's more bots than players, there's a lot of players that multi-client way much more than 2 clients at the same time. I LOVE to be able to multi-client and play 2 toons at the same time, but sometime I wish multi-client was totally remove.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Gertha - Archosaur
    Gertha - Archosaur Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    You did chose a PVE server, handle the consequences of your choices. I highly doubt the PWCN's devs change the botting system just to please the PVE servers of PWI (I don't know if any other versions of PW have PVE servers) and I doubt PWI have the power to change anything in the botting system.

They can do it just fine, not all versions get the same content. As far as I know, in the version that my niece plays, they don't even have Mandarin Silk fashion, but do have live daily lottery, that was bugged in our version. And many other differences that don't depend on server preferences .

And to me, the only potentially annoying bots are archers, as other classes don't hog as much territory. I even felt grateful to one botting sin that took care of Warrior Slaves while I was doing Morai daillies, as Wizard Slaves can be a decent pain in the rear. And they can't pick up my drops unless I leave them on the ground for some time.
  • Fail_BM - Raging Tide
    Fail_BM - Raging Tide Posts: 929 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    What mistake? It's PWI that did chose to make PVE servers while PWCN doesn't have any, I said it many times, PWCN doesn't have issue with the botting system cause they can PK the bots, as the same that HL and LC doesn't have issue with the botting system. You did chose a PVE server, handle the consequences of your choices. I highly doubt the PWCN's devs change the botting system just to please the PVE servers of PWI (I don't know if any other versions of PW have PVE servers) and I doubt PWI have the power to change anything in the botting system.

So, PvE servers wouldn't exist because PWCN doesn't have PvE servers? I want to know how is that logic. They are obviously offering a different gaming experience so you can decide what you want to do.

Thing is, they know their other versions have PvE servers and they're aware you can't PK bots if they're blue named. Knowing their product has a flaw is something they would take into account and ajust those flaws so their players can enjoy a balanced game is a must.

But, as you can see, they weren't thinking about "tomorrow" but "today", and "today" we have a problem because they didn't care.
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options

PK won't solve the problem. That will simply kill the game entirely as new players will no longer join. Motivation:
    - Endgear players on autoculti are already difficult to kill, but make millions. These players can then use that coin to buy gold, tokens etc - and drive up prices, making it harder for newer players to get to the endgame gear.
    - Not endgame players are easy to kill, but require autoculti to make money to advance their gear. They already make less, but if PK is enabled they'd make nothing at all.
    - Only way for a new player to advance in gear then becomes literally buying their way into R9 or such, thus ending the free to play phase of this game.
    - As players leave and insufficient new players join, the servers will start to feel empty. From what I read on the worldchannel on Morai, this is already happening on Raging Tides and Archosaur (lots of "wtt my coins on server xx for coins here" calls).

Simplest way to fix this is to put in an earning system, similar to the one in Primal. Count the value of the items that get dropped by mobs when a character kills a mob (not picks up - to prevent killer/picker combis from breaking this system). More then 2 million in a single day? Half drops. More then 5 million? 10% drops. More then 10 mil? Disable drops entirely. Ensure that this is set on an account rather then a character, and you present people with a choice - get some cash from autoculti, or have a chance at drops elsewhere (such as lunar, tt...)

That'll also revive activity on Jolly Jones quests, kill the earning for people using non-autoculti bots that selfrepair and revive and run 24/7, and might just drive down the token and gold prices a little as the supply of coins is throttled. The flipside is that people will likely create additional accounts with just a single assassin on it purely for autoculti (because yes, sins are the easy button for farming - bloody bloodpaint).
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    I don't see any problem with auto-culti. NO matter what changes you try to implement, players will find a way. Any change you try to do will only inhibit your own farming ability, other people adapt will always pass you by anyway. You will still be here crying about gold prices etc. Anyone still complaining obviously hasn't learnt that lesson yet.

Only idea here I thought was decent, is the different channels.
  • Simi_P - Dreamweaver
    Simi_P - Dreamweaver Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Don't laugh!! The main problem I have with bots is that when I go out to kill mobs & there's other people out there killing the same mobs; I have a problem telling sometimes if they're actually other players killing the same mobs as me ( & just being inconsiderate as some players tend to be and hogging all of them), or if they actually are bots. LOL

If they're other people actually just killing mobs; I don't want to take their mobs as they were there first; but if they are indeed bots, then I'd like an easier way to tell than having to wait 5 -10 minutes to see if they get their kills and leave. I think the auto cultivating system should have an automatic message that turns on when it's activated that says auto cultivating either over the toon's head or when U pm them; so that people can tell for sure. Just my two cents worth:)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • JustAllEvil - Harshlands
    JustAllEvil - Harshlands Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    New players won't join because of PK. Lolwat.

Most of my friends I've made by either killing or being killed by; sometimes both. Some of us are not so sensitive over pixels. None of the other MMOs I played did I play that nonsense of "let's hug each other and kill this boss 20000 times"

And my bot aoe's b:laugh

I only move it for friends.
    Sometimes snarky, but will always bake you cupcakes.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Just make it so you have to go white-named to use auto-culti. b:avoid

Edit: Well, after level 30 anyway.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    title made me think "botting TW" b:chuckle

I like to play a game of "beat the bot to the mob" or throw a random expel on themb:laugh But in all seriousness I believe there should be a (shorter) upper limit to botting duration allowed - an hour or two per day, and a smaller range allowed in the bot system. Botting should also be disabled in certain areas like oht map 3. AOE grinding the mobs by the entrance used to be fun until people starting setting up 3-4 bots in that area constantly. :/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • Vespi - Harshlands
    Vespi - Harshlands Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options

Most of my friends I've made by either killing or being killed by; sometimes both. Some of us are not so sensitive over pixels. None of the other MMOs I played did I play that nonsense of "let's hug each other and kill this boss 20000 times"

Reading comprehension, Hes saying it wont solve much, because the damage has been done. Pve servers hitting 4m gold is proof of that, Pvp servers are only delaying it but once every botter is a sin with spoils of war or a vast amount of dolls, Pvp servers will have the same problem.
    "Agorey has the butt of an angel" - Cytte
    I <3 Agorey
  • Gertha - Archosaur
    Gertha - Archosaur Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options

It is not "over pixels", it's the more like the most natural desire to not deal with antisocial neighbours or inconsiderate parking geniuses. However I hardly care much about veno, sin, cleric or whatever bots, as archers are the true root of evil. b:tired
    But if I have to dig mats or quest stuff in a mob invested area while on a lowbie/squishy, a random botting sin usually serves as a personal bodyguard b:chuckle
  • purechaosbaby87
    purechaosbaby87 Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    even before we had auto culti there were botters, no botting tech but all someone had to do was make a seeker, give seeker mp charm, set up vortex and bang self made bot. I used to have my sin in squad with seeker, so i would bp the seeker and use my sin to pull mobs to vortex LOL made millions in dq drops per hour, wasnt even funny.
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    even before we had auto culti there were botters, no botting tech but all someone had to do was make a seeker, give seeker mp charm, set up vortex and bang self made bot. I used to have my sin in squad with seeker, so i would bp the seeker and use my sin to pull mobs to vortex LOL made millions in dq drops per hour, wasnt even funny.
    b:puzzled^b:puzzled^b:puzzled

I seem to remember that we actually used to call that 'Zhenning' back in the days of Good old {PWEs} Stone Square Wheel era...b:chuckleb:pleased
  • Samaranight - Sanctuary
    Samaranight - Sanctuary Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    seitori wrote: »
    b:puzzled^b:puzzled^b:puzzled

I seem to remember that we actually used to call that 'Zhenning' back in the days of Good old {PWEs} Stone Square Wheel era...b:chuckleb:pleased

Err I don't know if it's still being done, with everyone buying FCC rooms but zhenning still exists, but doesn't go beyond level 80 I think..

Hadn't done it myself, but it got resurgence with the release of earthguard. Vortexing at the PQ area for people.
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Err I don't know if it's still being done, with everyone buying FCC rooms but zhenning still exists, but doesn't go beyond level 80 I think..

Hadn't done it myself, but it got resurgence with the release of earthguard. Vortexing at the PQ area for people.
    I still do it because it's typically cheaper and faster than buying rooms. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gekkelotje
    gekkelotje Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    As for me : I'm tired try to do my quest without some idiot, who needs to ks , try to get your drops and is AFK! As far I got you need to be behind your PC and be there to use the autogrind system. Most I hate PWI for not even bann the idiots who are not even there!!!! Keep to your own rules PWI!
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited May 2014
    Options
    gekkelotje wrote: »
    As for me : I'm tired try to do my quest without some idiot, who needs to ks , try to get your drops and is AFK! As far I got you need to be behind your PC and be there to use the autogrind system. Most I hate PWI for not even bann the idiots who are not even there!!!! Keep to your own rules PWI!
    When they introduced the in-game bot, the AFK rule went away for botting. It still applies for other areas though. That's just common sense.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]