new assassin help

XXDarkNinjaX - Lost City
XXDarkNinjaX - Lost City Posts: 171 Arc User
edited May 2014 in Assassin
yup...:D new new new

and I know there is a guide and yes I read it its just I have a few little tiny questions o.o

like...for pve say fb's and bh's what is the best stat to go with?

4dex/1str or 2dex/2str/1vit

or...

could I do 3dex/1str/1vit

cuz it says 2str for fists but i'd rather use daggers if those are better?

and what is best genie and skills for assassin since guide don't say it...if it did I missed it :(

again best for pve plz :D
Post edited by XXDarkNinjaX - Lost City on

Comments

• WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    use daggers not fists

1 str, 1vit, 3 dex
    OR
    1str, 4 dex

When you are not wealthy etc a little vit can be nice and comfortable. Dont worry about your stats too much now. By the time you rebirth, you know your sin and can use all your gained knowledge to redo the stats to your liking. (0.5str, 4.5 dex if you have proper gear)
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • XXDarkNinjaX - Lost City
    edited April 2014
    hm k :o
    and if I do str and vit what do I stop at? like what do put in those
    20-30 vit I think it said in guide...so maybe 25..what bout str for daggers?

and how bout genie? what one is best :x
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    edited April 2014
    You want 105 str at lvl 100 for your equipment.

Vit is totally up to you put in as much as you want to feel comfortable. You can restat it for free anyways when you rebirth.

Most ppl use zeal genies. Partly because it has earthflame which is a pretty usefull skill in pve. mag and vit are the most popular stats on genies. I advise you to only raise mag and vit and leave dex and str at base for your first (pve) genie.

holy path
    absolute domain
    tangling mire
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    the guide may show putting hp into a sin early on for increased health, but it is not really needed. Even way before all the newer npc and morai gear it was not needed. Just remember if you do stat your sin any other way than pure, you loose out on damage, crit and evasion.
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
    edited April 2014
    so....105 str
    and will go 1str/4dex i guess o.o
    zeal genie only magic and vitality....for that 2vit/3mag?
    and what u mean 1st? o.o i will have more D:

thx guys
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    edited April 2014
    so....105 str
    and will go 1str/4dex i guess o.o
    zeal genie only magic and vitality....for that 2vit/3mag?
    and what u mean 1st? o.o i will have more D:

thx guys

genies with 60-70 luckpoints go for 1-2m
    genies with 71-80 luckpoints go for 5-7m
    genies with 81-90 luckpoints go for 30-40m
    genies with 91+ luckpoints ?????????

So most people upgrade to better genies some time. Also it is common to have a pve and pvp genie.

I prefer magic over vitality on a genie, but it is good to have an x amount of vitality needed to cast a combination of skills that you want to use together. You will get into the smaller details of that in time and find out exactly how much vit you want. For now just spread roughly evenly vit and mag.
    edited April 2014
    O.O really?
    i got a really high luck point genie on my 67 barb but thats on heavens tear :(
    wish it was on dreamweaver lol would help out alot...could have a few mill maybe xD
    but ya i will do 2vit/3mag

anything else im missing?

just read guide again and seems the skills are kinda for pvp....

what are pve skills i'd need to max asap? and what are ones i can max later?
  • DionDagger - Dreamweaver
    DionDagger - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    O.O really?
    i got a really high luck point genie on my 67 barb but thats on heavens tear :(
    wish it was on dreamweaver lol would help out alot...could have a few mill maybe xD
    but ya i will do 2vit/3mag

anything else im missing?

just read guide again and seems the skills are kinda for pvp....

what are pve skills i'd need to max asap? and what are ones i can max later?

PvE skills to max:

Ribstrike,
    Cat-like Tread,
    Subsea,
    Rift,
    Dagger Devo,
    Both stealth skills,
    Shadowjump (for going throu walls),
    Knifethrow,
    Chill (if you actually use ur aoes, dph, or want to keep aggro off of you),
    Deaden,
    Inner harmony,
    Rsing dragon strike,
    and powerdash.

Max tidal and focused mind if you want to do higher level tt's (2-2 and up) and lunar farming (i also recommend condensed thorn for lunar tombstones).
    edited April 2014
    PvE skills to max:

Ribstrike,
    Cat-like Tread,
    Subsea,
    Rift,
    Dagger Devo,
    Both stealth skills,
    Knifethrow,
    Deaden,
    Inner harmony,
    Rsing dragon strike,
    and powerdash.

Max tidal and focused mind if you want to do higher level tt's (2-2 and up) and lunar farming (i also recommend condensed thorn for lunar tombstones).

ty so the 2 beginning skills aren't needed?the one u start with and the other one like..puncture or something
    edited May 2014
    PvE skills to max:

Ribstrike,
    Cat-like Tread,
    Subsea,
    Rift,
    Dagger Devo,
    Both stealth skills,
    Knifethrow,
    Deaden,
    Inner harmony,
    Rsing dragon strike,
    and powerdash.

so all these skills I have to wait a while to buy? im lvl 28 alrdy and the skills here I cant buy yet >< so I buy any other skills like just one of them to get others or what
  • MyMate - Dreamweaver
    MyMate - Dreamweaver Posts: 558 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    ty so the 2 beginning skills aren't needed?the one u start with and the other one like..puncture or something

Puncture Wound is nice for the first 20-30 or so levels but then lose all real usefullness until you are already level 100 and rebirthed, when you need the lvl 11 version of both Puncture Wound and Twin Strike (starter skill) for your Primal skills. I won't go into details about those since if you really are new that's a long way ahead and there are already alot of threads about it.
    so all these skills I have to wait a while to buy? im lvl 28 alrdy and the skills here I cant buy yet >< so I buy any other skills like just one of them to get others or what

You will need to get at least lvl 1 on all skills to unlock the next one in the skill tree, yes. As you level up and do your culti more skills and higher level skills become available. Just concentrate on the skills Dion said first and level them as you get them. I would also suggest maxing Wolf Emblem for extra DD and Bloodpaint and your two running skills for convinience. After that you can max the rest.
    "In the beginning, it was claimed that all in Perfect World were equal. But now it seems that some are more equal than others..." ~ Lost City Recluse
    edited May 2014
    Puncture Wound is nice for the first 20-30 or so levels but then lose all real usefullness until you are already level 100 and rebirthed, when you need the lvl 11 version of both Puncture Wound and Twin Strike (starter skill) for your Primal skills. I won't go into details about those since if you really are new that's a long way ahead and there are already alot of threads about it.

You will need to get at least lvl 1 on all skills to unlock the next one in the skill tree, yes. As you level up and do your culti more skills and higher level skills become available. Just concentrate on the skills Dion said first and level them as you get them. I would also suggest maxing Wolf Emblem for extra DD and Bloodpaint and your two running skills for convinience. After that you can max the rest.

hm k I got wolf emblem lvl 4 I think and bloodpaint still to low of level but put 1 point into the 1st 2 skills

are there any other ones I should level 1st over the others?
    like the cat-like one the guide said max that if u pvp but I probably wont pvp? so what do u think to would like to see what u think to
  • peckked
    peckked Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Leave bloodpaint at a low level (even just level 1) until you are at least level 92. Don't overwrite others' bp if you're in a squad with another sin.

I would follow Dion's list for the most part. However, I would also level Tackling Slash as it can be used for safe melee mob farming/questing at early to mid levels. When you get it (after 29 culti iirc), use it on a melee mob and then stand in the middle of the mob and it can't hit you (you can still hit it) until the immobilize wears off. Doesn't work on magic/ranged mobs or bosses.
  • MyMate - Dreamweaver
    MyMate - Dreamweaver Posts: 558 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    peckked wrote: »
    Leave bloodpaint at a low level (even just level 1) until you are at least level 92. Don't overwrite others' bp if you're in a squad with another sin.

Reason I said BP is purely from a convenience point of view, since level 1 offers just slightly over 15 min of BP and, at least from my own experience, it's easy to forget to rebuff.
    hm k I got wolf emblem lvl 4 I think and bloodpaint still to low of level but put 1 point into the 1st 2 skills

are there any other ones I should level 1st over the others?
    like the cat-like one the guide said max that if u pvp but I probably wont pvp? so what do u think to would like to see what u think to

Dagger Devotion, because it increases your over-all damage. Personally I really like Rib Strike. It deals decent damage and it really helps against melee mobs.
    peckked's suggestion about Tackling Slash is a good one too.

Cat-like Thread increase your stealth level, which have it's uses in PvE too. You can sneak past higher level mobs without being detected.

As a side note, the main use of Wolf Emblem would be to amp your damage on bosses, either solo or in squad. When your out questing on regular mobs it's not nearly as useful. Keep that in mind when leveling it.
    "In the beginning, it was claimed that all in Perfect World were equal. But now it seems that some are more equal than others..." ~ Lost City Recluse