DC's and LAG

ashlynnd
ashlynnd Posts: 33 Arc User
edited May 2014 in General Discussion
Whats up with the massive lag and dc's the past 2 or 3 days? Everytime i turn around I am dc'ing or lagging bad. No I am not running anything but Arc and PWI and yes I have grest net connection. So not on my side.
Post edited by ashlynnd on

Comments

• SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear
    SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Lock thread this has been discussed already.

Also get used to it.
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited April 2014
    ashlynnd wrote: »
    Whats up with the massive lag and dc's the past 2 or 3 days? Everytime i turn around I am dc'ing or lagging bad. No I am not running anything but Arc and PWI and yes I have grest net connection. So not on my side.
    Maybe it's not you. It's not necessarily the server either. Read This.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ashlynnd
    edited April 2014
    Lock thread this has been discussed already.

Also get used to it.

Why get used to it? Is it to much to think they will fix it? Its not like I do not spend enough money with them and have a right to an opinion. Get used to it does not cut it for me.
  • Sevchenko - Dreamweaver
    Sevchenko - Dreamweaver Posts: 661 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Why get used to it? Is it to much to think they will fix it? Its not like I do not spend enough money with them and have a right to an opinion. Get used to it does not cut it for me.

b:laugh

Go read the ToS, all the money you spend is worthless, it says all virtual items and accounts are property of PWE.

Also, they can interrupt the service with or without warning.

And they're not obligated to refund any $ you put in the game.

So yeah. Not even USA justice can protect you from being scammed by PWE.
    [S.E.V.C.H.E.N.K.O]
    Synthetic Electronic Variant Calibrated for Hazardous Exploration, Nullification and Kamikaze Observation[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • condo2009
    condo2009 Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited May 2014

with no reset of the servers this week, by the end of the weekend, there will be mass lag and dc. You have to take care of equipment in order for it to work, and since PWI does not take care of equipment, it is doomed to failure.
  • Redmenace - Heavens Tear
    Redmenace - Heavens Tear Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    They are doing it for the express purpose of p*ssing you off. No doubt in my mind.

\hoping they keep at it
    \\maybe they'll p*ss you off enough for you to quit, and you'll stop asking mind-numbingly ridiculous questions
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert A. Heinlein
  • imnotwraith
    imnotwraith Posts: 251 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    what if it is a redwood problem? Cause Evil Geniuses gaming house is located in Redwood(or in the general area) and when i dc'd from PWI. Snoopeh and yolopete dc'd in SoloQ
  • ashlynnd
    edited May 2014
    They are doing it for the express purpose of p*ssing you off. No doubt in my mind.

\hoping they keep at it
    \\maybe they'll p*ss you off enough for you to quit, and you'll stop asking mind-numbingly ridiculous questions

It is not a ridiculous question, it is a honest one. I do not think it is to much of a burden on anyone that works for PWI to at least answer whats going on with the DC's and Lag issues. If we know whats going on we are more willing to be patient and not gripe.

It is the not knowing that makes everyone angry. As for someone quitting , maybe that someone should be you.

I went to your link and read, got the answers I was searching for. Thank you for the help.
  • ImNotFeelnIt - Heavens Tear
    ImNotFeelnIt - Heavens Tear Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    It is not a ridiculous question, it is a honest one. I do not think it is to much of a burden on anyone that works for PWI to at least answer whats going on with the DC's and Lag issues. If we know whats going on we are more willing to be patient and not gripe.

It is the not knowing that makes everyone angry. As for someone quitting , maybe that someone should be you.

I went to your link and read, got the answers I was searching for. Thank you for the help.

Since you read his link, I assume that means you now understand that there are a huge multitude of boxes between you and PWI and instantly complaining about PWI as if they are responsible for every hop along the way is foolish and plain wrong.

That's not how the collection of communication links that make up the Internet *works*.

If you want to come onto a public forum and say something demonstrably *wrong*, and then defend those remarks, you better figure out how to deal with the response.
  • ashlynnd
    edited May 2014
    Not sure how asking a question is wrong, if you do not know the answer you ask. I did and got a good responce and thanked the person who gave it to me. As for coming onto a public forum and asking said question, is that not the reason forums exsist?

Not all of us have Tech Degrees and a working knowledge of how this works. All we do know is when we do ask questions and people like you answer to try and make us feel small and stupid, that is the reason for so much rage and anger in this game anymore.

I see in here many time people saying they wished forums had a good following and people coming to them again. Well with people like those who responded to me are in here good luck with that. I did not rage, nor did I curse, I asked.

As for complaining about every little hop your wrong. This is not a little hop when tons of people are DC'ing and lagging out several times a day. I do no pretend to understand everything going on but I do understand that it is hurting game quality.
  • Redmenace - Heavens Tear
    Redmenace - Heavens Tear Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Not sure how asking a question is wrong, if you do not know the answer you ask. I did and got a good responce and thanked the person who gave it to me. As for coming onto a public forum and asking said question, is that not the reason forums exsist?

Not all of us have Tech Degrees and a working knowledge of how this works. All we do know is when we do ask questions and people like you answer to try and make us feel small and stupid, that is the reason for so much rage and anger in this game anymore.

I see in here many time people saying they wished forums had a good following and people coming to them again. Well with people like those who responded to me are in here good luck with that. I did not rage, nor did I curse, I asked.

As for complaining about every little hop your wrong. This is not a little hop when tons of people are DC'ing and lagging out several times a day. I do no pretend to understand everything going on but I do understand that it is hurting game quality.

*sigh*.

I apologize for snapping at you. I have railed in the past about not getting help in the forums, and am not happy that I have done what I complain about.

That said, on the first 3 pages of the General Discussion section alone are 5 threads asking about "server down?" and "Massive lag?" with 50% of the people reporting no problems, and the other 50% claiming conspiracy.

When there are real server problems, you can't find any other messages on this board but people screaming about access. Checking the first few pages of the forum to see if anyone else has reported an issue would tell you straight away if there was a server problem, or a local network problem.

\I get people calling me 3 days a week, claiming we're off the air
    \\when it's the *&%$ cable company **** up the signal, and the cable people point at us out of reflex
    \\\so it tends to make me a mite touchy about people telling me we're off the air, when I can see the transmitter from my desk
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert A. Heinlein
  • ashlynnd
    edited May 2014
    *sigh*.

I apologize for snapping at you. I have railed in the past about not getting help in the forums, and am not happy that I have done what I complain about.

That said, on the first 3 pages of the General Discussion section alone are 5 threads asking about "server down?" and "Massive lag?" with 50% of the people reporting no problems, and the other 50% claiming conspiracy.

When there are real server problems, you can't find any other messages on this board but people screaming about access. Checking the first few pages of the forum to see if anyone else has reported an issue would tell you straight away if there was a server problem, or a local network problem.

\I get people calling me 3 days a week, claiming we're off the air
    \\when it's the *&%$ cable company **** up the signal, and the cable people point at us out of reflex
    \\\so it tends to make me a mite touchy about people telling me we're off the air, when I can see the transmitter from my desk

No worries, I need to learn to use forums better. It is all good. Thanks for the help