new source of apoth ?

WannaBM - Archosaur
WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
edited April 2014 in General Discussion
Found a shop today with some 1500 each of a variety of apoth for about 1/3th the normal market price.

Bought him out.

Moments later he got new stacks. 2500 of each this time.

Is this an extremely efficient botter or are there new ways to make apoths ?
Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
Post edited by WannaBM - Archosaur on

Comments

• Socqar - Lost City
    Socqar - Lost City Posts: 511 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Found a shop today with some 1500 each of a variety of apoth for about 1/3th the normal market price.

Bought him out.

Moments later he got new stacks. 2500 of each this time.

Is this an extremely efficient botter or are there new ways to make apoths ?

What pots did he have?

I have the suspect of some ppl exploiding the pots-code we were given, those were tradable... Worth digging
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    edited April 2014
    vac
    dew
    sutra
    charger

I think you are right and he is not the only one. Ill send a ticket b:chuckle
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Some weeks ago someone reported the same kind of things.
    I don't remember on which server though.
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • Jarkhen - Archosaur
    Jarkhen - Archosaur Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I've been reporting these guys for weeks. They don't go away.

That would be Archosaur.
    Current: http://mypers.pw/1.8/#133167
    105-103-102

TW/NW Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Axel3200

Some people get R93 and become another cookiecutter DD, other people get R93 and get called out as serious threats. At some point, it's just not about gear anymore. - Qui
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Socqar - Lost City
    edited April 2014

It's actually not that hard... sadly, just building some sort of bot to create countless alts... a bit complex, but I can imagine a script creating accounts, and a computer set with a macro opening arc, logging arc, redeeming code, logging game, opening mailbox, sending mail to merchant alt, repeat...

With this process and some time and will you can get infinite pots easily... Or something more elaborated like redeeming the code multiple times with some hax, either one or the other is worth a ticket
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    There are 2 shops like that in Lost City too. I remember that one has about 2,000 vacuity pots, 1,000 dew of stars, 3,000 ironguards and 3,000 chasing orbs.

It has run out many times of stock, but it just restocks again with about the same quantities.
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    not saying they have or have not been exploiting a glitch, but could be people dumping all their inventories. In the grand scheme of things that is not very much apo. You can build up that much very easily merchanting herbs
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    edited April 2014
    not saying they have or have not been exploiting a glitch, but could be people dumping all their inventories. In the grand scheme of things that is not very much apo. You can build up that much very easily merchanting herbs

Its a rather obvious disturbing in the market, on multiple servers apearently. Its clearly more than that.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Or maybe the arc redeeming is still as glitchy as the old site and might send out multiples ...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Jarkhen - Archosaur
    Jarkhen - Archosaur Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Its a rather obvious disturbing in the market, on multiple servers apearently. Its clearly more than that.

To be fair, if you want to talk about a large market disturbance, I'd be more interested in the shop next to those vac-dew-sutra-charger guys that has 14k IGs, 5k white teas, 4k chargers and 2k vacs.
    Current: http://mypers.pw/1.8/#133167
    105-103-102

TW/NW Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Axel3200

Some people get R93 and become another cookiecutter DD, other people get R93 and get called out as serious threats. At some point, it's just not about gear anymore. - Qui
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fissile - Archosaur
    Fissile - Archosaur Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    I wonder if that is the same shop I have seen that had multiple full stacks (9,999) of vacs and ironguard for sale.

I think it is more likely the potions came from a glitch than by registering multiple accounts (the new code only gave 9 of each potion, so I would say it is unlikely -- even if not strictly impossible -- that someone went through the trouble to register 2000+ accounts).

The dragon orb codes from a while back also gave potions (and we know that the universal code was abused like hell). Someone could have been holding on to those for a while waiting til prices went back up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Azura - Lost City
    edited April 2014
    To be fair, if you want to talk about a large market disturbance, I'd be more interested in the shop next to those vac-dew-sutra-charger guys that has 14k IGs, 5k white teas, 4k chargers and 2k vacs.

That's just how 2 shops are in Lost City.
  • Strife_son - Sanctuary
    Strife_son - Sanctuary Posts: 1,217 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Arc code which gave a bunch of the apoth has been disabled, code isn't that old compared to say, the HP charm code.
  • Cantabrum - Archosaur
    Cantabrum - Archosaur Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    really ? crying for cheap poths who cares have fun whit normal price of pots im super happy now the charms is next 3m hp charm ftw b:dirty
  • Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    really ? crying for cheap poths who cares have fun whit normal price of pots im super happy now the charms is next 3m hp charm ftw b:dirty

You are incorrect b:lipcurl If someone is selling 9999 pots (4 types) at 5k each, they would be making just near 200m.

If more people like OP see those prices and buy-out the shop, then whoever the owner is could be getting hundreds of millions for nothing.

But either way I think it won't matter in the end, GMs don't ban...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
    Started playing on March 2010
  • Sukkapunch - Archosaur
    Sukkapunch - Archosaur Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    that guy (person) has a few bots running 24/7 unless there's an issue in running the bot or something. if u want get the herbs just get infront of the bot(s) and pick what u want and try not to exceed 6 picks per patch to keep in front of the bot(s). if there r more than 1 running, then simply leave a few here and there to tie up the bots so they are on same pace and you can resume the stated pattern.
  • cashmeare
    cashmeare Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    There are 2 shops like that in Lost City too. I remember that one has about 2,000 vacuity pots, 1,000 dew of stars, 3,000 ironguards and 3,000 chasing orbs.

It has run out many times of stock, but it just restocks again with about the same quantities.

some of these apo's can be made if you are in the faction that owns 1k ironguards for instance, i don't know about all of them but some of the others are given after a finished run in AEU also, point is there is no telling how they got them for sure.
  • Sukkapunch - Archosaur
    Sukkapunch - Archosaur Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    if pwi can truely limit account logon's to 2 accounts, this person and their buddies will cry the loudest as they have abusing/exploiting the ever living **** out of anything that can be abused/exploited within the pwi world. haha have a nice day if you're reading this post abuserb:laugh
  • Cantabrum - Archosaur
    Cantabrum - Archosaur Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited April 2014

But either way I think it won't matter in the end, GMs don't ban...

just pretty much this so why worry anyway
  • Azura - Lost City
    edited April 2014
    cashmeare wrote: »
    some of these apo's can be made if you are in the faction that owns 1k ironguards for instance, i don't know about all of them but some of the others are given after a finished run in AEU also, point is there is no telling how they got them for sure.

You don't need to tell me that. My faction owns all the cities of PW. Besides you need herbs to make them. Sometimes I buy herbs to make my pots. That shop always takes like maybe 5 days just to get enough herbs for just about 100 pots of 3 kinds. So if that shop makes its pots with herbs, how does he get so many? I can only think of 3rd party bots. In fact, those shops don't even buy herbs, like the honest shops used to do.
  • Socqar - Lost City
    edited April 2014
    You don't need to tell me that. My faction owns all the cities of PW. Besides you need herbs to make them. Sometimes I buy herbs to make my pots. That shop always takes like maybe 5 days just to get enough herbs for just about 100 pots of 3 kinds. So if that shop makes its pots with herbs, how does he get so many? I can only think of 3rd party bots. In fact, those shops don't even buy herbs, like the honest shops used to do.

You lead an OP faction sir....

Plus I can tell you, with knowledge of cause, that some people has glitched mailbox with infinite supply of pots WITHOUT HAVING DONE ANUTHING TO ACHIEVE THAT, there's an old redeem bug that causes glitched mailboxes, and GMs can and do fix it... Just not before they can acquire infinite pots in alts, which GMs won't delete when mending the bug btw...

Feel free to ask me about that in-game if you feel like ^^