puppeteer

toughguy24
toughguy24 Posts: 34 Arc User
edited May 2014 in Venomancer
how does a veno solo puppeteer in abba, What skills, tricks, genie skills, are used and what is best way to do it. Thank you in advance.
Post edited by toughguy24 on

Comments

• Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Maybe you should tell what kind of pets you have and what your current gear is. I assume the answer can be different according to this information.
    The only thing I could tell you so far is that you will have to tank the boss yourself (not with the pet) if you want to avoid jail easily kinda like a mystic (otherwise you can immune at the right time).
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    You would need to immune every time the boss is gonna send you to jail. If you can do that, you could kill it alone.
  • Zoldi - Morai
    edited April 2014
    You would need to immune every time the boss is gonna send you to jail.

So you can't use your pet as mystics do with their summons?
    Or maybe mystics do it smoothly because of plants actually. I'm gonna figure it out...
    The only thing I know is that, as a Mystic, I can do it without immune (nor any kind of apoth or genie skills) and I was assuming venos were able to do it as well because of their pets (without being able to heal themselves though and the boss hits hard even if a veno can purify the bleed)
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • X_volcano_y - Harshlands
    X_volcano_y - Harshlands Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    its almost impossible to solo it with a veno...
  • Azura - Lost City
    edited April 2014
    So you can't use your pet as mystics do with their summons?
    Or maybe mystics do it smoothly because of plants actually. I'm gonna figure it out...
    The only thing I know is that, as a Mystic, I can do it without immune (nor any kind of apoth or genie skills) and I was assuming venos were able to do it as well because of their pets (without being able to heal themselves though and the boss hits hard even if a veno can purify the bleed)

I don't know what you are talking about. I've tried to do puppeter and if I don't immune at the right time, I get sent to jail (with my pet along).

I've never done it, but pulling it off is near impossible.
  • Zoldi - Morai
    edited April 2014
    I don't know what you are talking about.

Actually I have soloed it hundreds of times so far with my mystic with no apoth, no genie skill and, I would say, no real effort. I have been sent to jail only once because I had missclicked and my summon got the aggro. Otherwise I'm never sent to jail and my summon is not sent to jail either.
    I suppose that as long as I keep aggro, then the boss tries to send my summon in jail and fails. That's why I was assuming it was the same for a veno with her pet, but it seems not.
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    @ Zoldi - Do you mean that your use the pet as a "decoy"? I know that the toad boss does behave as if the pet is another player and debuffs/stuns it. In other words, does the boss attempt to jail the pet instead of you but fails?

I haven't tried soloing the puppeteer with a Venomancer but it's generally what Azura said. You gotta avoid the "jail" with triple spark, feral concentration, IG/Sutra or AD. Faith used to work but apparently it doesn't work ever since a few patches ago.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Mysticboob - Sanctuary
    Mysticboob - Sanctuary Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Edit: After testing- I guess having aggro does prevent jail- idk how i've been jailed in the past...

Having aggro will keep you full of chi tho, which makes tanking easier. Having pets/plants out as decoys is also nice in case of lag or mis-clicks.
    It should be harder on a veno because no self heals, but i'm sure it doable with the right gear and maybe anti bleed on genie.
    youtube.com/TheMysticBoob
  • toughguy24
    toughguy24 Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Maybe you should tell what kind of pets you have and what your current gear is. I assume the answer can be different according to this information.
    The only thing I could tell you so far is that you will have to tank the boss yourself (not with the pet) if you want to avoid jail easily kinda like a mystic (otherwise you can immune at the right time).

I am a level 100 2nd rebirth veno with r9 3rd cast gear. 15k hp buffed and g16 glaive +10. Have a herc and nix.
  • Kymraja - Raging Tide
    Kymraja - Raging Tide Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    easy job with your gear....attack the boss, let your pet attack once then manually stop it, done.

With you having aggro, and the pet having attacked once, the boss will never try to jail you :3

on how to survive, dew of morning stars when the boss hits too hard, keep shields on bla bla bla, the usual things

edit: use your nix ofc, at least i use mine, i should put auto buffs off to use herc, dat passive aggro skill
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    That's pretty cool, I'm gonna try it out some time.
    I'm actually disappointed in myself, I should have known it works that way since I used this "mechanic" in FCC in the past to avoid bubbles and purges >.> derp.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Azura - Lost City
    edited May 2014
    Edit: After testing- I guess having aggro does prevent jail- idk how i've been jailed in the past...

Having aggro will keep you full of chi tho, which makes tanking easier. Having pets/plants out as decoys is also nice in case of lag or mis-clicks.
    It should be harder on a veno because no self heals, but i'm sure it doable with the right gear and maybe anti bleed on genie.

That's interesting, but I woule have to use my hercules probably for that. And that would take a long time to kill it.
  • Mysticboob - Sanctuary
    Mysticboob - Sanctuary Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    hmm- i'm not advocating using pets to tank. Might have mis-read b:shocked
    youtube.com/TheMysticBoob
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited May 2014
    hmm- i'm not advocating using pets to tank. Might have mis-read b:shocked

Yep. It's the basic "I have aggro but my squadmate (in this case pet) is also attacking/has attacked and is now bait for bubble/jail/purge so I'm free to focus on my own life without extra complications" thing that they said.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Madijon - Lost City
    Madijon - Lost City Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I went in and did this a few mintues ago for kicks and giggles. It took about 4 minutes to kill. I had my harpy on manual after I hit pupeteer a couple of times I sent her to attack then pulled her back and had no trouble. The only real issue is definitely the bleed. I have sage summer spring and faith and so forth so it wasn's a problem and I imagine if you keep chi you could just 3 spark it. I was surprised at how much I bleed for though.
  • kenshin151
    kenshin151 Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    What would be the proper build for a veno to tank the Puppeteer? how much HP would need, and would like to heal? because I think only crab meats would not be enough...

I became interested in this strategy of using pet to "distract" the boss
  • Zoldi - Morai
    edited May 2014
    kenshin151 wrote: »
    What would be the proper build for a veno to tank the Puppeteer? how much HP would need, and would like to heal? because I think only crab meats would not be enough...

I became interested in this strategy of using pet to "distract" the boss

It's difficult to give "minimas" but I would say that purify is more important than heal and this is a good point for venos. As a mystic I have more phy def than a veno but I was tanking it easy on selfbuffs pre-reawakening. I was R9.3+10 the first time but I think a G16 mystic can do it quite smoothly. For a veno maybe G16 wouldn't be enough because they can't heal themselves as efficiently as mystics but it will depend on your ornaments and you can use a spirit of defense if really needed since you will get some on the boss.
    But well... the best way to know is to test it anyway.
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~