Options
2»

Comments

• Templar - Sanctuary
    Templar - Sanctuary Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Ye again client dced...

Ocean orb code for Arc for compensation will fix our anger.

b:bye
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited April 2014
    Options
    ichselba wrote: »
    thx for this Sylen. Do you know the address or ip for the Morai server too?

I'd like to find out why I often have heavy lags in the evening even if ping is ok

regards
    If you check the .ini configuration file for the servers, it would be there. I am at work and don't currently have a client to look at.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
  • Templar - Sanctuary
    Templar - Sanctuary Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    I am very sorry to say this as much i liked our old hamster it is time for a hamster change...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SS5O9C72O18

b:cute
  • Xuela - Heavens Tear
    Xuela - Heavens Tear Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Yay for another mass DC on Heavens Tear as well..

First one was during TW last Saturday, yesterday it happened at least 3 times, and just now again. It is becoming really annoying. People are doing instances like, for example, RB and have to do everything over again because the whole squad DCed.
    I hope someone is on it to get this fixed.
    [SIGPIC]http://i60.tinypic.com/1zwygpv.jpg[/SIGPIC]

Linyela ~ Karma's pewpew Psy ❤

Forever here since 2009.
  • SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear
    SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    I'm assuming people that people who aren't staffed with PWE are getting annoyed at the fact that in the last two weeks, there have been three "mass-dc's", where no staff commented. You personally are the individual that stated threads related to ARC were being commented on now that you are the CM, but a two second glance at the Technical Support section and last 3 pages of General Discussion will prove was an incorrect statement.

While I completely agree that the OP said something against the rules, you have to understand that due to the lack of... Well, the non-existent presence through most of each and every week of any staff from PWE on the forums to discuss major issues with players... Something tells me that this isn't making people jump for joy and praise your company for being active with the people who pay for each of your paychecks.

3 mass dc's omg omg,will you all stip crying about dumb simple stupid sht plz?Its not like you do the same **** every stonking day you come on this stupid game and the dc's didnt happen to every one i concider it a natural selection type dc for only the strongest stay on wich meens if you dc'ed then your weak and need a upgrade.
    Frankly i font give a damn about dcing, hey sht happens its called the net...duhhhhb dumb *****!!

Man i love this crappy community and their stupid complaints.
  • Jarkhen - Archosaur
    Jarkhen - Archosaur Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    the dc's didnt happen to every one i concider it a natural selection type dc for only the strongest stay on wich meens if you dc'ed then your weak and need a upgrade.
    Frankly i font give a damn about dcing, hey sht happens its called the net...duhhhhb dumb *****!!

... lol.
    Current: http://mypers.pw/1.8/#133167
    105-103-102

TW/NW Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Axel3200

Some people get R93 and become another cookiecutter DD, other people get R93 and get called out as serious threats. At some point, it's just not about gear anymore. - Qui
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bluestuffzzz
    bluestuffzzz Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    3 mass dc's omg omg,will you all stip crying about dumb simple stupid sht plz?Its not like you do the same **** every stonking day you come on this stupid game and the dc's didnt happen to every one i concider it a natural selection type dc for only the strongest stay on wich meens if you dc'ed then your weak and need a upgrade.

Sure, let's pick away the side argument of the game company supporting this game not supporting it with proper staffing. If we only leave my initial argument of mass dc'ing being an issue, a few things become extremely apparent.

Firstly, in a proper rebuttal or debate, you don't insult the other individual. For this, I am the better man. I have no knowledge of your intelligence, nor have stated that you are wrong.

Mass dc'ing is an issue because when it happens PWE doesn't know and doesn't care. If you bring it to their attention (which often has to be done in order to get them to look into it -- notable in the last five years I've been a part of the community and game), they often ignore the threads. Why is this a problem? Your argument is that since this is the internet, servers do disconnect players. That's absolutely true. Unfortunately, when players are disconnected, no response from PWE is sent out. One would assume since PWE is a company that literally makes it's day to day income from transactions in the game's shop, that they would care if the servers are up and running. Again, this seems to be false.

So, I ask. Does it make me idiotic to what PWE to make cash so that we can continue to play the game? I'm sure that having servers that consistently crash and disconnect players (evident by this thread and the last few in the week), isn't doing them good.

What is your next response, out of curiosity? That since I'm apparently "crying" over this, it will indefinitely make my intelligence lesser than yours? No, I don't think so. Why would I be any less intelligent for bringing up relevant points of interest? I'll go even further to clearly state that I have not been affected by these "mass-dcs", and due to work/college (both full-time), I haven't had the time to log into PWI for weeks. I'm merely upset (but obviously not crying, lol), at the fact that PWE isn't taking the initiative to make the game experience better for players.

And this attitude doesn't ruin a community. The "I want it now, buy gear with cash, and create power creep" is what ruins a community from a game experience stand-point. The lack of support for the supposed "flag ship title" of PWE is what essentially tanked the population of the game.

Let's not even get into the attitude of people like yourself who feel that it's completely okay to verbally attack someone for stating their opinion. I have extreme doubts that you would be so bold to do that in real life, because someone would put you down quite quick. Especially when you begin to talk like that when someone simply voices their opinion about how a free online video game is being managed. I mean, who does that? Lol.

Real life scenario that illustrates the above
    "I like the sandwich you made me, but can I have the meat? It only has cheese."
    -HOLY **** ****!!! YOU LITTLE ****!?!?!
    "Ah, okay. What's wrong with you? You make no sense and look like a fool."
    I host an Ecatomb mirror here: ecatomb.gdevtalk.net
    I've been actively playing since late 2008.
    Youtube: youtube.com/user/thecryotonic
  • rieihdius
    rieihdius Posts: 468 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options

So basically you're saying that dcing is natural selection?

So my main Account is stronger and deserves to stay online , while my alt account is trash and deserves to be dced b:sad ???

lololololololololololololololololollol

trollest thing I v seen today b:laugh

• ichselba
    ichselba Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    A traceroute doesn't reveal packet loss.

The Morai server isn't directly pingable, but the node in front of it (prolly a loadbalancer or firewall) is. To test connectivity to Morai, ping 95.172.88.90
    Server address itself is pwieu3.en.perfectworld.eu 95.172.91.10

When experiencing connection issues, try the following command in the (windows) console:
    ping -n 100 95.172.88.90

It'll send 100 packets to the edge node. If there's more then a few percent packet loss, or high latency, then there's network issues which PWI can't do much about. If not, then the server ops need to check out the server itself.

[Edit] Server IPs (may be outdated): http://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Servers

hey, thx for this info...
    I checked with ping to this server, in result i get this:
    Request timed out.
    Reply from 95.172.88.90: bytes=32 time=58ms TTL=49
    Reply from 95.172.88.90: bytes=32 time=57ms TTL=49
    Reply from 95.172.88.90: bytes=32 time=56ms TTL=49
    Reply from 95.172.88.90: bytes=32 time=55ms TTL=49
    Reply from 95.172.88.90: bytes=32 time=56ms TTL=49
    Request timed out.
    Reply from 95.172.88.90: bytes=32 time=85ms TTL=49

Ping statistics for 95.172.88.90:
    Packets: Sent = 73, Received = 59, Lost = 14 (19% loss),
    Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 55ms, Maximum = 85ms, Average = 58ms
    Control-C
    ^C
    C:\Users\MeMyselfAndI>

I found that Morai Servers IP end with .11 instead of .10, but I think that doesnt matter too much.
    So what would u guys suggest who is to blame for this ****?
    My connection was all the time up, i tested in a second window to ping google, no losses or thang.
    Until April i never had issues like this, my ISP didnt change.
    Is there anything I am able to do to minmize this?
    thx guys
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited May 2014
    Options
    ichselba wrote: »
    hey, thx for this info...
    I checked with ping to this server, in result i get this:

I found that Morai Servers IP end with .11 instead of .10, but I think that doesnt matter too much.
    So what would u guys suggest who is to blame for this ****?
    My connection was all the time up, i tested in a second window to ping google, no losses or thang.
    Until April i never had issues like this, my ISP didnt change.
    Is there anything I am able to do to minmize this?
    thx guys
    A ping hardly tells you anything, but a 19% packet loss on the data between you and the server is pretty bad.

What you'll really need is a traceroute. I cover it all in more detail here.

(Pretty sure I've posted that in this thread already.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear
    SHIMBERLY - Heavens Tear Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Options
    You know the forum is **** when you can make 5 pages about a stinking DC. I think that's the only thing interesting the game offers..b:chuckle