Curiosity: Please if you know reply!

bitemepwistaff
bitemepwistaff Posts: 15 Arc User
edited May 2014 in Assassin
So I'll get straight to it, I'm a sin, and while i was in stealth another sin used a dragon looking skill that unstealthed me.. I didn't realise it was him, thought someone else did it, but i went back into stealth and bam! he did it again.. I kept trying to find what skill did he use? was it even a skill? maybe a potion or a genie skill.. idk.. please if you know i would appreciate you telling me :)
Post edited by bitemepwistaff on

Comments

• krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited April 2014
    Did it cause damage to you? The only "dragon" skill that they have to my knowledge is Rising Dragon Strike, but the issue may be that you have a lower stealth level than their detection level making them able to hit you even if you were in stealth.
  • bitemepwistaff
    edited April 2014
    no it wasn't called dragon skill. it looked like a dragon. 3 circles surounded the sin and bam a red dragon appeared over his head and i was out of stealth.. it happend 3 times. he wont tell me what he used. and my stealth is lvl 11. doubt its lower than his or anything
  • Zoldi - Morai
    Zoldi - Morai Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    and my stealth is lvl 11. doubt its lower than his or anything

What would be interesting to know is not the level of your skill but your stealth level
    ~ Sage Mystic 105-105-105 ~
    ~ Sage Sin 103-103-102 ~
    ~ Sage vita Barb 103-102-101 ~
    ~ Sage BM 102-101 ~ Demon Archer 102 ~
    ~ Sage Cleric 102 ~ Demon Wizard 101 ~
    ~ Sage Seeker 101 ~ Sage Psy 101 ~
    ~ Sage Heavy Veno 101 ~ Demon Storm 9X ~ Dusk 6x ~
    Started playing this game in 2007 on Oracle (PW-MY) : Demon MG 101 - Sage EP 99 - WF 89
  • DionDagger - Dreamweaver
    DionDagger - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,140 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    So I'll get straight to it, I'm a sin, and while i was in stealth another sin used a dragon looking skill that unstealthed me.. I didn't realise it was him, thought someone else did it, but i went back into stealth and bam! he did it again.. I kept trying to find what skill did he use? was it even a skill? maybe a potion or a genie skill.. idk.. please if you know i would appreciate you telling me :)

Aqua impact, and dragon flare both are dragon looking genie skills. They both deal damage, and aqua impact is spammable.
    edited April 2014
    Krisnda wrote: »
    Did it cause damage to you? The only "dragon" skill that they have to my knowledge is Rising Dragon Strike, but the issue may be that you have a lower stealth level than their detection level making them able to hit you even if you were in stealth.

This doesn't look like a dragon at all, but an uppercut.
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited April 2014
    This doesn't look like a dragon at all, but an uppercut.

Sorry I meant a skill that had the word "dragon" in its name.
  • Socqar - Lost City
    Socqar - Lost City Posts: 511 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Aqua impact, and dragon flare both are dragon looking genie skills. They both deal damage, and aqua impact is spammable.

I think it's not about the skill, but the fact he thinks the skill pulled him out of stealth.

On the other hand, I think the difference lvl between them + any attack does that :P

@OP even if you have lvl 11 stealth skill, it's still calculated using as base your historical (correct me if I'm wront) lvl, meaning if you have lvl 11 stealth and you have a 103 higher, a 104 sin can see you (hence hit you, and unstealth you)

Some OP sins may explain this way better though, my sin is just some crappy aps on r9r+12 wep.... farming toy :P
  • bitemepwistaff
    edited April 2014
    no you all think its about the stealth level. i just said it clearly its not! and its not a hit! its like a buff... the sin doesnt even move.. 3 red circles appear around him, 1 at a time, from legs to head and after last circle is gone a red dragon appears above him. thats when i get unstealthed... i asked the sin what he used he wont tell me. all he said is that it is a combination of skills...
  • Socqar - Lost City
    Socqar - Lost City Posts: 511 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    no you all think its about the stealth level. i just said it clearly its not! and its not a hit! its like a buff... the sin doesnt even move.. 3 red circles appear around him, 1 at a time, from legs to head and after last circle is gone a red dragon appears above him. thats when i get unstealthed... i asked the sin what he used he wont tell me. all he said is that it is a combination of skills...

He must be using some of the mentioned genie skills (hence he doesn't move) and trolling you at the same time.

Plus, he has higher detection lvl that you have stealth lvl or that won't be posible, iirc only some random combination of Mystic's plants exploding or something was able to unstealth people without seeing them
    edited April 2014

looks like he's trolling you, because what you just discribed was the animation for blood frenzy, which has the same icon as BP, and is instant cast.
  • skaitavia
    skaitavia Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    There's also an item from a quest that has a dragon-like animation that hits you but doesn't do any damage. That might be it too.
  • Shadowvzss - Harshlands
    Shadowvzss - Harshlands Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    aoe genie skill too could do it it too if trgeted a mob , no?
  • bitemepwistaff
    edited April 2014
    actually i found out what it was... its genie skill.. Alpha Male generates threat level over an area of effect and forces everyone out of stealth
    edited April 2014
    actually i found out what it was... its genie skill.. Alpha Male generates threat level over an area of effect and forces everyone out of stealth

I totally forgot it does that, good to know.
  • Sevchenko - Dreamweaver
    Sevchenko - Dreamweaver Posts: 661 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    If the sin has higher stealth level than you, then he doesn't only can see you but hit you also.

About alpha male knocking down invisibility, that's new data, although very interesting.
    [S.E.V.C.H.E.N.K.O]
    Synthetic Electronic Variant Calibrated for Hazardous Exploration, Nullification and Kamikaze Observation[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sevchenko - Dreamweaver
    Sevchenko - Dreamweaver Posts: 661 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    no it wasn't called dragon skill. it looked like a dragon. 3 circles surounded the sin and bam a red dragon appeared over his head and i was out of stealth.. it happend 3 times. he wont tell me what he used. and my stealth is lvl 11. doubt its lower than his or anything

The effect description 100% matches Radiant Sight seeker skill.
    Or maybe mystic's Mystical Eye (but I never saw how it looks), this mystic skill is 100% to knock everyone at caster's level or below out of stealth;
    [S.E.V.C.H.E.N.K.O]
    Synthetic Electronic Variant Calibrated for Hazardous Exploration, Nullification and Kamikaze Observation[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited May 2014
    Or maybe mystic's Mystical Eye (but I never saw how it looks), this mystic skill is 100% to knock everyone at caster's level or below out of stealth;

Didn't our OP already say it was another sin that did this?

And then resolve it to be alpha male?
    (Insert fancy image here)
    edited May 2014

Radiant sight has no animation. That skill is sac slash.