Arc Error

Options
Lockon_X - Heavens Tear
Lockon_X - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
edited April 2014 in General Discussion
I'm having trouble with arc since the past few hours. The website doesn't seem to load for me and also when I run arc client nothing is showing up. I keep getting an error Error -118 when loading url http://games.arcgames.com/en/ I've uninstalled arc and even turn off my anti virus/firewall. I want to try downloading a game from arc but am unable to due to this error. I'm able to get online with the one game that I do have downloaded with arc. Is anyone else having this problem or is there something that I can do to stop this?
Post edited by Lockon_X - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• katiewilliams
    katiewilliams Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    I've got the same problem I believe. I use to play one of the games, and I can't remember my old password. It won't let me reset my password, make a new account, or view most perfect world webpages.
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Yeah seems that arcgames.com is indeed down. Gonna try to see if I can get a hold of a GM, no promises as it's the weekend.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • dougsenpai
    dougsenpai Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    It will be fixed before the end of the weekend...right? I'm trying to play PWI for the first time and I would be very turned off if the company only addressed website issues during their 9-5.
  • Rosie_Caster - Harshlands
    Rosie_Caster - Harshlands Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    arc seems down. yet I can still get on the game

why cant you?

this was ment to be a reply with a quote and I guess I didn't click quote
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited April 2014
    Options
    dougsenpai wrote: »
    It will be fixed before the end of the weekend...right? I'm trying to play PWI for the first time and I would be very turned off if the company only addressed website issues during their 9-5.

I honestly don't know, I'd say 99% of the time, I can usually get a hold of them and they will resolve it well before the weekend is over as I have a different source of contact with them for just such emergencies. Although it takes longer than their normal working hours. I can think of a couple of times it went down pretty late at night on a Sunday though and didn't get resolved until early monday morning.

edit: For those who can't use Arc to sign in, you should still be able to get in using just plain ole elementclient.exe, see the arc threads for the workarounds as to how.

• katiewilliams
    katiewilliams Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    It seems to me that you can play but you can't change passwords or make a new account. I've had a problem also with the perfect world website. The forums is the only part of the website I can get to work. I would imagine that some key server somewhere is down but the others are fine.
  • ovenusarmanio
    edited April 2014
    Options
    It seems to me that you can play but you can't change passwords or make a new account. I've had a problem also with the perfect world website. The forums is the only part of the website I can get to work. I would imagine that some key server somewhere is down but the others are fine.

Yea arcgames.com is down, but pwi.perfectworld.com is still up. The forums are still attached to the older .com address, so that's why you can access them perfectly fine.

• chrisbyo26
    chrisbyo26 Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    so sadly there is no way for us long time players to redownload the client till they get there site fixed yay crappy arc go back to just perfectworld.com now k thanx
  • dougsenpai
    edited April 2014
    Options
    So if not for Arc trying to redirect me to it's website rather than the old PWI website, I could access the download and be on my way to trying this game rather than waiting for an unknown time at which I can begin my download through this Arc thing.
  • Allonade - Dreamweaver
    Allonade - Dreamweaver Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    There's a torrent of the game as it was in Sirens of War on the forum that you can download and install with- however then you get the fun wait of it updating from Sirens until now- if you'd like I can fetch the link...I think I still have it somewhere.
  • dougsenpai
    edited April 2014
    Options
    It just came back up but thanks for the offer b:pleased
  • trasnitu
    trasnitu Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Wow pwi on last maint you fixed oer 100 bugs... and stuffs....tell me this 1 you just forgot to fixError -118 when loading url http://community.arcgames.com/en/news/pwi....and btw i sent like 1/3 reports i receive every day from bug reports but you don't respond to me. Don't tell me to reinstall the Arc because i did that. And i wanna ask you something, do you really fix the problems or you just don't want to tell the truth to people that you don't know how to fix this things?
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    Sizzer - Raging Tide Posts: 2,387 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    trasnitu wrote: »
    Wow pwi on last maint you fixed oer 100 bugs... and stuffs....tell me this 1 you just forgot to fixError -118 when loading url http://community.arcgames.com/en/news/pwi....and btw i sent like 1/3 reports i receive every day from bug reports but you don't respond to me. Don't tell me to reinstall the Arc because i did that. And i wanna ask you something, do you really fix the problems or you just don't want to tell the truth to people that you don't know how to fix this things?

Most of the ARC websites were down for a while including the ZEN charging site. But the engineers have fixed it all up & running now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dream a dream of a life so new, One brimming with potential,
    Of starting again, leaving all behind, Only happiness is essential. b:victory
    Thanks Silvy for the siggy, You are the best ! b:kiss
This discussion has been closed.