Why no GMs on a game of this size?

Options
Pistdoff - Archosaur
Pistdoff - Archosaur Posts: 213 Arc User
edited April 2014 in General Discussion
Why is there never a GM on the servers more than once a month it seems?

Surely a game of this activeness and the money it creates, you could have GMs active more or even have player mods patrolling the game.

For example my friend got **** of his warsoul axes and the person selling is online atm trying to sell them. If GMs took more interest in the people who have paid to play this game, stuff like this wouldnt happen.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
takes 3.3m
takes 6.1m
takes 7.1m
takes 6.0m

OVERKILL b:victoryb:dirtyb:victory
Post edited by Pistdoff - Archosaur on

Comments

• GreenLegend - Archosaur
    GreenLegend - Archosaur Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    I saw those axes .-.
    That nab didn't even know what they were exactly and was tryna sell for 600m.

Sorry to hear of your friend.

Please tell your friend to submit a respective ticket with as much possible details.
    Dreams are just dreams...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pistdoff - Archosaur
    edited April 2014
    Options
    I saw those axes .-.
    That nab didn't even know what they were exactly and was tryna sell for 600m.

Sorry to hear of your friend.

Please tell your friend to submit a respective ticket with as much possible details.

Yeah he has sent a ticket but as per usual will probably be a month before any reply to which the axes will probably vanish now you can hide names on them with inks.. I can and would rebuy them for him as hes a good friend, but i know ill lose my 400m and wont be reimbursed :/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    takes 3.3m
    takes 6.1m
    takes 7.1m
    takes 6.0m

• Magnanimous_ - Heavens Tear
    Magnanimous_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Why is there never a GM on the servers more than once a decade it seems?

fixed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited April 2014
    Options
    When PWE started, it was about 12 support people for two games and three servers with a player base between 50 and 100 thousand.

Currently, PWE has about 25 people on the support staff, for 14-ish games, with a multitude of servers, and millions of players.

Do the math.

PWE is stupid by not increasing support to scale with their clientele.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,807 Community Moderator
    edited April 2014
    Options
    When PWE started, it was about 12 support people for two games and three servers with a player base between 50 and 100 thousand.

Currently, PWE has about 25 people on the support staff, for 14-ish games, with a multitude of servers, and millions of players.

Do the math.

PWE is stupid by not increasing support to scale with their clientele.

In some respects not. As to maximise profit you would look at something like this.

However I would say and this is a good suggestion for PWE in fact... They should look at event Managers as a GM position or something to that description. They could increase a lot of numbers with something like this and would be well supported by the community. Potentially this would also be on the grounds to Maximise Profit!
  • LuckingFoco - Raging Tide
    LuckingFoco - Raging Tide Posts: 712 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    I've seen two different GMs on RT in the past week or so and several times in the past couple of months. Granted they don't say much if anything at all, but they aren't quite the enigma they used to be.
    Malice Leader - Raging Tides

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pistdoff - Archosaur
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Granted, im not saying that there should be a GM on the server 24/7 but some admin or mod would help it massively..

When i used to play another MMORPG, there were always player mods online to monitor any scamming, abuse etc etc and they could mute the players and forward a complaint themselves which usually got handled the next day.

Anything like this would make this game more enjoyable for most, instead of having to wait for 3-4 weeks for a reply :/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    takes 3.3m
    takes 6.1m
    takes 7.1m
    takes 6.0m

• heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,807 Community Moderator
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Granted, im not saying that there should be a GM on the server 24/7 but some admin or mod would help it massively..

When i used to play another MMORPG, there were always player mods online to monitor any scamming, abuse etc etc and they could mute the players and forward a complaint themselves which usually got handled the next day.

Anything like this would make this game more enjoyable for most, instead of having to wait for 3-4 weeks for a reply :/

Ive been working on something we called the GA program for a while now. However with constant change of CMs this has proved difficult.

Really needs the players who supported it to do so again. Link Here.

Tho for now its nice to see some GM led events going on again!
  • Sevchenko - Dreamweaver
    Sevchenko - Dreamweaver Posts: 661 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Why is there never a GM on the servers more than once a month it seems?

Surely a game of this activeness and the money it creates, you could have GMs active more or even have player mods patrolling the game.

For example my friend got **** of his warsoul axes and the person selling is online atm trying to sell them. If GMs took more interest in the people who have paid to play this game, stuff like this wouldnt happen.

Im sorry to say that but, if your friend got ****, then maybe he cliked those MMOOK links or downloaded some **** or maybe passed his password to the hacker.

Really, hackers don't bother to brute force anymore, your friend probably been fooled imo.
    [S.E.V.C.H.E.N.K.O]
    Synthetic Electronic Variant Calibrated for Hazardous Exploration, Nullification and Kamikaze Observation[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]