[Maintenance Discussion]-4-23-14 COMPLETE

Options

Comments

• _Decide_ - Sanctuary
    _Decide_ - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    It has been removed after last forum/website maintanance, So u gotta wait for the word of GM on server status information.

you mean to say i just spent the last 20 minutes looking for something thats non-existant? D:< damn you GMs!!!! -throws Anvil at Devs- b:cry
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    Sizzer - Raging Tide Posts: 2,387 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    I have 1 more question to you Surtr, how much bandwidth does ARC consumes in a hour when i'm not doing anything on it, just playing the game. Just "ARC" not the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dream a dream of a life so new, One brimming with potential,
    Of starting again, leaving all behind, Only happiness is essential. b:victory
    Thanks Silvy for the siggy, You are the best ! b:kiss
  • Bartimaius - Archosaur
    Bartimaius - Archosaur Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Or this if anyone is around https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKMNPQ35OUc (if cartoons)
  • mstoxicity
    mstoxicity Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Hi everyone. New here.

I have been muddling through PWI on my own for the past 3 or so days... I'm at level 26 and I would think I'm doing "ok"... but since I'm new, I have no real idea if I'm actually doing "ok". LOL

Anyway. I have a bit of a question... I tried using the search functions here in the forums, but I'm not getting anything relevant.... And since today is my first day in the actual forums, I can't post my own thread for another two days.

There's this one quest I'm on that I'm having trouble with...

Since maintenance is still for another hour, I can't see exactly what it's called, but what happens is, I'm supposed to talk to this person (it's a little tree out in middle of this lake... can't remember the name of the location either) and when I go to the spot that the auto path takes me, he/she/it's not there. There are NO other people around, and I'm quite certain that it's not a collection quest where I have to kill or gather something... SO what do I do when faced in this sort of situation? If a quest needs me to talk to someone but they aren't there, do I report it/fill out a ticket? I believe it's just a small side quest, so I don't think it's really keeping me from advancing, but it's bugging me. I can't seem to complete it and it just sits in my quest log and it's like it's gonna glare at me till I finish it. b:chuckle

If anyone is willing to be kind and patient with a n00b like me, feel free to PM me. I got LOADS of other questions. hehe.

Thanks in advance!

To ensure I don't get in trouble for spamming, I'll answer the OP's question:

What would I do with a million dollars?: Pay off ALL my school loan debt and all other debts. Buy a home-- my DREAM home. Buy a practically/might-as-well-be "new" used car (since brand new cars lose value the minute their driven off the lot). Pay off my mother's current mortgage on her current sh*tty house (it wouldnt' be a lot to pay off), and buy her a new home. Get my nana and tata out of that smelly, ugly, run down rental home that they've been in for 30 years, and buy them their own home with TONS OF FREAKIN' STORAGE because they're borderline hoarders.... If I had any money left, I'd buy myself/build myself the BEST gaming computer I could! ^_^
    1. I have a bad habit of using "xD", "xP", "omg", "lol" and "...".
    2. I also have a terrible habit of using shorthand (or "text talk") for a lot of other things. (ex. I'll say "idk" instead of "I don't know".)
  • Fifty_Shades - Archosaur
    Fifty_Shades - Archosaur Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    its not on the ground .. its up in the air
  • Born_Again_ - Sanctuary
    Born_Again_ - Sanctuary Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    SweetieBot, what is server status?
    b:heart C. G. C. b:heart
    - a guild/faction on many servers, where ethics and behaviour actually matters and makes a differense

b:pleased

facebook.com/group.php?gid=22920649068
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=348361
  • roseyrmz
    roseyrmz Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    I will prolly buy a full r9 set to willwaller b:dirty
  • Luna_Breeze - Dreamweaver
    Luna_Breeze - Dreamweaver Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    "Since maintenance is still for another hour, I can't see exactly what it's called, but what happens is, I'm supposed to talk to this person (it's a little tree out in middle of this lake... can't remember the name of the location either) and when I go to the spot that the auto path takes me, he/she/it's not there."

Could be up in the air above you; or if I'm thinking of the right tree in the lake, down near Fissure.. there is an NPC inside the tree under the water :)
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    mstoxicity wrote: »
    Hi everyone. New here.

I have been muddling through PWI on my own for the past 3 or so days... I'm at level 26 and I would think I'm doing "ok"... but since I'm new, I have no real idea if I'm actually doing "ok". LOL

Anyway. I have a bit of a question... I tried using the search functions here in the forums, but I'm not getting anything relevant.... And since today is my first day in the actual forums, I can't post my own thread for another two days.

There's this one quest I'm on that I'm having trouble with...

Since maintenance is still for another hour, I can't see exactly what it's called, but what happens is, I'm supposed to talk to this person (it's a little tree out in middle of this lake... can't remember the name of the location either) and when I go to the spot that the auto path takes me, he/she/it's not there. There are NO other people around, and I'm quite certain that it's not a collection quest where I have to kill or gather something... SO what do I do when faced in this sort of situation? If a quest needs me to talk to someone but they aren't there, do I report it/fill out a ticket? I believe it's just a small side quest, so I don't think it's really keeping me from advancing, but it's bugging me. I can't seem to complete it and it just sits in my quest log and it's like it's gonna glare at me till I finish it. b:chuckle

If anyone is willing to be kind and patient with a n00b like me, feel free to PM me. I got LOADS of other questions. hehe.

Thanks in advance!

To ensure I don't get in trouble for spamming, I'll answer the OP's question:

What would I do with a million dollars?: Pay off ALL my school loan debt and all other debts. Buy a home-- my DREAM home. Buy a practically/might-as-well-be "new" used car (since brand new cars lose value the minute their driven off the lot). Pay off my mother's current mortgage on her current sh*tty house (it wouldnt' be a lot to pay off), and buy her a new home. Get my nana and tata out of that smelly, ugly, run down rental home that they've been in for 30 years, and buy them their own home with TONS OF FREAKIN' STORAGE because they're borderline hoarders.... If I had any money left, I'd buy myself/build myself the BEST gaming computer I could! ^_^

Your question is more interesting than the maintenance question so here goes:

What Fifty_Shades said.

I have found in recent years a better way to search is with google, not searching directly in the forums - ie search "pwi quest (insert name of quest here)" etc

Go and explore www.pwdatabase.com

(searching google will soon bring you to the wiki which is also a good database of information)

Get your jones blessing - really do this - who wouldn't want a 30% damage increase.

Before you make the first mistake - check in the forums for the class you are playing and get your build right. Everything else is secondary to **** up your build

Pure builds work best for the average player. One thing that's hard to grasp is this - lets look at a psychic for example - vit gives health points right, and health helps you to survive, so a few points in vit is good??? WRONG. Putting your points in vit, means you have less points to put in magic, which means your attacks do less damage, which means monsters can get to you to hit you. No points in vit (all extra point in magic) and using pots to survive when necessary, means you kill the mobs with your high magic attack before they hit you, so your HP pool becomes irrelevant.

You will only be competitive in pvp if you have a minimum of a billion coins. So either decide you wont play for pvp, or learn to merchant - otherwise your credit card is the only reasonable way to get there.

There are lots of way to get free xp boosts but skills cost money and lots of spirit points. People often get to the point where they are a high level but cant afford skills or don't have the spirit. Learn which skills are important for this reason.

That'll do for now.

EDIT - for accuracy I will clarify what I said about pvp - if you actually want to survive one shot, and maybe actually do some damage to an opponent before they wipe the floor with you, the starting area is a billion coins. To be competitive in pvp you will need 1.5-6 billion coins.

EDIT 2 - and don't hesitate to ask for help, plenty of people will assist where they can.
  • summerrae1
    summerrae1 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    The earthborns have a quest where you got a couple of people on top of a fallen tree in the lake and they send you to see tideborn who is inside the tree, jump off from the old mans side and you'll be able to go round the edge of the tree and it kinda cuts back in on itself leading you into the inside of the tree kinda like a porch lol
  • BornAgain - Morai
    BornAgain - Morai Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    SweetieBot are you sleeping?

Also a million dollars, I would give 10% to my church, the rest i don't know.
  • surtr
    surtr Posts: 3,378 Perfect World Employee
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Hey, just wanted to let you guys know we might be up to a half hour late bringing the servers back up tonight.
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

Surtr from the south wielding fire
    The gods' swords shine in the darkness, like stars in the night
    Mountains collapse into rubble and fiends shall fall
    Man walks the road to ruin as the sky splits in two

• Bartimaius - Archosaur
    Bartimaius - Archosaur Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    b:victory Surtr
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Surtr wrote: »
    Hey, just wanted to let you guys know we might be up to a half hour late bringing the servers back up tonight.

I think I can speak for the entire forum audience and say that we are b:shocked

......b:chuckle
  • PeachyKisses - Archosaur
    PeachyKisses - Archosaur Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options

You do realize that those of us who survived the Rollbackaclypse this statement makes us all really nervous right? b:shocked b:cry
  • Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear
    Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,541 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Maintenance Question: If you won $1 million dollars/your currency equivalent, what would you do first?

I'd buy a PS3, PS4, PS Vita, Wii U, XBox 360 (damn you Tales of Vesperia for being XBox exclusive), pretty much all the games I ever want to play, a big-*** tv, the best available gaming pc... I could go on like that for quite a bit... And I'd put whatever I'm not spending on the bank so I get a nice amount of yearly interest rate... b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Veno, Archer & Psychic on Heaven's Tear...
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
    BigHearts member... f:grin
  • Pixelated - Archosaur
    Pixelated - Archosaur Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Hello pwi,

I have recently come back to the game and when maintenance took place i was able to find out if the servers were online or not on the old website, is there anyway to find that out using arc ?
  • Xxxstizzyxxx - Heavens Tear
    Xxxstizzyxxx - Heavens Tear Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options

Imagine that, PWI not having their ducks in a row and can't flip a switch correctly. You all need to come together as a team, hold hands, and all flip that big, green, candy-like switch together.b:angry
  • Fifty_Shades - Archosaur
    Fifty_Shades - Archosaur Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    only half an hour late ..... ?? wow gobsmacked b:chuckle
  • Izabeau - Sanctuary
    Izabeau - Sanctuary Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    "What would I do with 1 million?
    First off - stash at least 50% of it away in different savings accounts that would accrue interest, meaning the longer it sits there, the more money it adds on to it.

Second - would have our first house built. Either a Cob house or Straw bale earth home. Totally modern and totally off the grid!

Third - take care of all our kids' needs/wants (they're grown with children of their own)

Fourth - Go to see my In-laws in Sweden and help them upgrade their farmhouse and set them up to live comfortably.

Fifth - NOT worry about a damned good gaming computer - if we had that kind of money, our happy arses wouldn't be sitting in the dull glow of a monitor!
    We would be living life!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]The only regrets in life are the chances not taken.

Mikael.. I loved you once - I love you still. Always have - always will. b:heart Ty for making me your wife - here and irl.
  • RankNine - Momaganon
    RankNine - Momaganon Posts: 1,241 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options

i thought it was a reset only :/
    or are you gonna surprise us with a new DQ-System? b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    noob, can only run, spawnkiller, only white vodoo, only plays for kd,
    never kills anyone, only gear, no skill, no life, cash only, eats dogfood to cash more, lives at moms,
    only survives cause of cleric heals, if we had your gear you would lose. b:cryb:cryb:cry
  • Nevvah - Archosaur
    Nevvah - Archosaur Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    I think they broke the server
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    Sizzer - Raging Tide Posts: 2,387 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Nah they are fixing the server with a hammer. Just like this > b:beatup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dream a dream of a life so new, One brimming with potential,
    Of starting again, leaving all behind, Only happiness is essential. b:victory
    Thanks Silvy for the siggy, You are the best ! b:kiss
  • WannaBM - Archosaur
    WannaBM - Archosaur Posts: 1,984 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    I think they broke the server

I could use some +10 orbs....
    Everything i write is from PvE perspective unless mentioned otherwise.
  • summerrae1
    summerrae1 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    if i won a million would make sure my bro+his family and mum was living comfortably, would move to nearer my girl to be able to see her more often. would take my driving test and get myself set up with my dream of owning my own landscaping business doing landscaping mainly helping those with low incomes and charities that can't afford the big time landscapers the rest would go into as high intrest saving account as possible so i could live on interest and the rest from the work i did :)
  • SonofAnarchy - Dreamweaver
    SonofAnarchy - Dreamweaver Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options

Second - would have our first house built. Either a Cob house or Straw bale earth home. Totally modern and totally off the grid!
    There was program in the UK called "Grand Designs" that followed a guy who built a massive cob house, it was pretty awesome - google "Cob house grand designs"

I'd invest a great deal of the £1m and try and turn it into a steady income afterall once u had bought a house, car, helped family, travelled you could easily end up poor again. Turn it into an income and it will support you for life.
  • Mortseek - Raging Tide
    Mortseek - Raging Tide Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    PWI servers are clockwork and as restart (wind up) was a day late there is litttle more winding to do and the hampster that winds it up got tired. They will give him some red bull and he will go again soonb:chuckle
  • Domethies - Raging Tide
    Domethies - Raging Tide Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    UPDATE 1:35 am: Hey, just wanted to let you guys know we might be up to a half hour late bringing the servers back up tonight.

-snip-

It will just be a restart, so not patch notes.

-snip-

What exactly does a server reset entail and why would it be delayed?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Megita - Heavens Tear
    Megita - Heavens Tear Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    If you won 1 mil what would you do first?
    FAINT!
  • ErinAutopsy - Archosaur
    ErinAutopsy - Archosaur Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Options
    I swear if there's another trollback, I will rage. >.>